The Black Market

This section is for discussing the story behind the game and Survarium universe.

03.04.2013, 11:51

The Black Market are outlaws. Living by stealing from those weaker than them. Selling stolen items and even trading in slaves. They can be likened to (at least in looks) that of a "Biker". Well protected ruthless. If you are able to travel to the Black Market safely, you'll find lost of items worth your while.

Where do they come from? What is their agenda? Perhaps you have insight that you can share with others? We'd love to know what it's like, looking at the Black Market through your eyes!
joewillburn
Vostok Games

03.04.2013, 18:36

I dont think they would be that bad, without such 'Black Market' groups then the average Scavenger wouldn't have the ability to even come close to more higher grade equipment! Their is always a good present in evil, just like how every Scavenger will not always be nice, every Black Market Associate will not be bad I hope
WolveNZ

03.04.2013, 19:05

We need outlaws, so we can kill them(I hate bandits, but we need that to balance the 'world') and get the goods from them.
Diego

03.04.2013, 19:06

As a Renaissance army recruit i can not wait to slaughter these thieves :D!
Hpnot1Q

03.04.2013, 19:35

Biggest market place in the zone, with the best dealers and the best stuff. I hope. :)
Ubul

03.04.2013, 20:34

Deadly anomalies, dangerous mutants, anarchists, and BANDITS!

That's the black market. BANDITS!
Sax Panther

03.04.2013, 20:37

ErichVonSturmovik:Deadly anomalies, dangerous mutants, anarchists, and BANDITS!

Aaaah yes, good ol bandits!
Hpnot1Q

03.04.2013, 20:41

ErichVonSturmovik:Deadly anomalies, dangerous mutants, anarchists, and BANDITS!

And that's why I'll always want to kill them!
kristmace

03.04.2013, 21:14

Ubul:Biggest market place in the zone, with the best dealers and the best stuff. I hope. :)

you only need huge set of guts to come there to trade with really good stuff, I wouldn't like to be robed, no way.
Jonikka

03.04.2013, 21:17

We gonna have reputation in game right? :)
THISaint

03.04.2013, 21:18

WolveNZ:I dont think they would be that bad, without such 'Black Market' groups then the average Scavenger wouldn't have the ability to even come close to more higher grade equipment! Their is always a good present in evil, just like how every Scavenger will not always be nice, every Black Market Associate will not be bad I hope

Not really. Since they're thieves, they'd probably sell something to you and then steal it back as well as the rest of your money and gear at gunpoint if they could. Plus since they're such a big market, they're probably item hogs, going around the Zone and taking all the best stuff to sell to others that want it. I don't plan on doing business with them in the game, unless their quest givers would be willing to give missions to members of other factions.
Aralvar

03.04.2013, 21:22

Jonikka:Biggest market place in the zone, with the best dealers and the best stuff. I hope. :)

It could be like a vast city separated in 4 or 3 zones.
First zone: would be for trading, where Army could be like Police force.
Second zone: Arena, where best of best compete for the glory and money, but only the toughest one survives.
Third zone: Maybe a saloon or scientist bunker, some place where all of survivors could chat and discuss friendly, not being aware of knife at your back.
And last but not least: Training grounds, like shooting practice or something, there could be some king of hunting club, where people bring their hunted animals as a trophy and collect the cash. If you manage to bring alive mutant, you would be generously awarded for your bravery, but it would be extremely difficult to catch, as example we take bloodsucker, he can become invisible, which prevents him from being spotted, and caught successfully, i think we would need something like electro impulsive shells, to take out that bloodsucker and bring him in.
Last edited by Grelok on 03.04.2013, 21:24, edited 3 times in total.
Grelok

04.04.2013, 00:45

Grelok:
Jonikka:Biggest market place in the zone, with the best dealers and the best stuff. I hope. :)

It could be like a vast city separated in 4 or 3 zones.
First zone: would be for trading, where Army could be like Police force.
Second zone: Arena, where best of best compete for the glory and money, but only the toughest one survives.
Third zone: Maybe a saloon or scientist bunker, some place where all of survivors could chat and discuss friendly, not being aware of knife at your back.
And last but not least: Training grounds, like shooting practice or something, there could be some king of hunting club, where people bring their hunted animals as a trophy and collect the cash. If you manage to bring alive mutant, you would be generously awarded for your bravery, but it would be extremely difficult to catch, as example we take bloodsucker, he can become invisible, which prevents him from being spotted, and caught successfully, i think we would need something like electro impulsive shells, to take out that bloodsucker and bring him in.
That's a good idea.. But how would you bring back a live bloodsucker or a mutated boar..? on your back? In your backpack? I think the best option would be to drag it across the zone to the hunting club (better yet to the scientist base), because they would be eager to learn about living specimens, like bloodsuckers and how can they become invisible, because, they loose that ability when they die....
But I don't think there would be mutants in Survarium implemented directly from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (But that would be awesome, because I know all of their weaknesses)... :D
Archmage_Solomon

04.04.2013, 03:09

I believe the Black Market came from organized crime, before the apocalypse. That they've gone more vicious due to the new world's conditions in Survarium.
Grunt

04.04.2013, 04:09

Grunt:I believe the Black Market came from organized crime, before the apocalypse. That they've gone more vicious due to the new world's conditions in Survarium.

its like the saying "You dont bite that hand that feeds you"
the BlackMarket feeds the Scavengers with better gear, the Scanvengers feed the BM with money. Its just that the balance wont be just and will be a tad one sided
WolveNZ

04.04.2013, 06:00

WolveNZ:I believe the Black Market came from organized crime, before the apocalypse. That they've gone more vicious due to the new world's conditions in Survarium.

its like the saying "You dont bite that hand that feeds you"
the BlackMarket feeds the Scavengers with better gear, the Scanvengers feed the BM with money. Its just that the balance wont be just and will be a tad one sided

to high levels, could be the Russian mafia exchanging equipment by elements found in the new world. A low level a place of barter. They are also those who provide equipment when elsewhere will not.
Argentino

04.04.2013, 09:46

Filthy bandits!
ExoShell

04.04.2013, 09:51

eXtremous:We gonna have reputation in game right? :)

Yes, absolutely.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

04.04.2013, 10:21

Joe Mullin (Vostok):We gonna have reputation in game right? :)

Yes, absolutely.

That's a great news! And other question comes in my mind. Reputation is a vast word, but will it be used properly, and how you manage to make your reputation higher, lower, becouse every action gives ups and downs, like if you kill BM operative, then your reputation with every faction ups, but with BM falls, how you keep a balance in these things?
Grelok

04.04.2013, 11:09

Grelok:We gonna have reputation in game right? :)

Yes, absolutely.

That's a great news! And other question comes in my mind. Reputation is a vast word, but will it be used properly, and how you manage to make your reputation higher, lower, becouse every action gives ups and downs, like if you kill BM operative, then your reputation with every faction ups, but with BM falls, how you keep a balance in these things?

Apart from gaining and losing reputation in-game with factions and other players we will also have what we call a "Karma" system which will segregate unruly players, to games with other unruly players. This way, we hope to maintain the integrity of the game world.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to Story