Scavengers

This section is for discussing the story behind the game and Survarium universe.

03.04.2013, 15:42

Having lived through the terrible destruction of civilization, having learned from their own experiences how to survive in wild conditions, an unknown group of scavengers were wandering among the ruins. They found a safe place, not far from one of the former populated cities. Time was passing by and eventually they were joined by other survivors. Thereby a camp of scavengers appeared. Trading goods is a large part of a Scavengers life.

What are your thoughts on the Scavengers in Survarium. Seeing as you'll be one of them (at least at first) you will need to become familiar with them.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

03.04.2013, 18:23

Scavengers are server hoppers aren't they?
THISaint

03.04.2013, 18:31

They are a bit sneaky, i like that. But honestly they look a little bit weak in combat compared to the other Factions. I mean do u have a real chance without camping in PVP?

03.04.2013, 18:40

I think playing as such will be a real challenge, having to adopt a less direct combat style to help with the low Armour, lack of high powered Automatics. Looking against the other factions they should have allot more freedom of movement over the Army, but I would be unsure of the effectiveness vs. Such as the Black Market.

But, they should fare not so bad in PVP, as long as the players learn quickly, the people that stick to the Scavenger faction seam like they could become very powerful with more freedom of choice, and the rookies who leave look to gain the advantages of what ever faction they go to
WolveNZ

03.04.2013, 18:43

I think that playing as a Scavenger you'll use the environment to your advantage. Because of their freedom of movement they can reach places other players can't and that is a big advantage. They do have a lack of firepower but I think using the environment to your advantage and changing tactics from normal FPS's will help a lot.
maxovitsj

03.04.2013, 18:47

maxovitsj:I think that playing as a Scavenger you'll use the environment to your advantage. Because of their freedom of movement they can reach places other players can't and that is a big advantage. They do have a lack of firepower but I think using the environment to your advantage and changing tactics from normal FPS's will help a lot.

Hoping that we have a very realistic damage system the volume of fire that can be achieved though the light Automatics of the BlackMarket should be easy enough to counter by a seasoned Scavenger. More Stealthy combat looks like it will have to be used to Counter more Equipped and Organised groups such as the Army though. But of course, like you said, Environment will be a major player in the Scavengers
WolveNZ

03.04.2013, 18:56

I hope that the players aren't making a straight shooter of it. I hope that I will have situations like in Stalker. Carefully watching each other, maybe do trading or talk a little...not shoot on sight. If it happens, then I think that the Scavengers will do a good job and I think I will have my first char there.
Alrunar

03.04.2013, 18:58

Totenmeister:I hope that the players aren't making a straight shooter of it. I hope that I will have situations like in Stalker. Carefully watching each other, maybe do trading or talk a little...not shoot on sight. If it happens, then I think that the Scavengers will do a good job and I think I will have my first char there.

I hope so, it would be really cool if like a few guys go in for a trade, covered by some other guys out of sight in case something goes wrong ;)
maxovitsj

03.04.2013, 18:58

Yes, most of the problem will be the New Scavengers that shoot on site and try to play game as 'Rambo'. If you join together with decent players that think then I think the game will be allot easier. Else with Rookies they could ruin the Element of surprise, or a chance to sneak past!
WolveNZ

03.04.2013, 19:03

Nice to meet others, who think the same way. But I don't excpect many kiddies there...but a lot of Stalker players and I still believe, that there are some, who just want such a game. :-)
Sorry about my simple English, wasn't doing a lot in that language the last time.
Alrunar

03.04.2013, 19:04

People that scaveng is always the first target of the other, since they carry alot of goods, like weapon, ammo, stuffs like that.
But, as our friends said, environment will be their major help to stay alive, since they been trough all this scavenging the whole place, they know where to hide better then everyone.
Diego

03.04.2013, 19:42

I'm really looking forward to the Scavengers. It would be interesting having to sneak past and even ignore stuff like enemy patrols which you could take out but wouldn't want to risk it. It all just sounds fun. Hiding through a field of anomalies in a broken up hospital and the like.
Voodou24

03.04.2013, 20:32

I love the concept of scavengers. They have fairly basic weapons but they make do with what they have and make things happen!
Sax Panther

03.04.2013, 20:38

ErichVonSturmovik:I love the concept of scavengers. They have fairly basic weapons but they make do with what they have and make things happen!

But is that enough to survive this world!
Hpnot1Q

03.04.2013, 20:40

Totenmeister:I hope that the players aren't making a straight shooter of it. I hope that I will have situations like in Stalker. Carefully watching each other, maybe do trading or talk a little...not shoot on sight. If it happens, then I think that the Scavengers will do a good job and I think I will have my first char there.

Seeing as there's no item loss on death, this should eliminate a lot of the kill on sight issues that you might see in other games.

I myself will probably play as the scavenger faction, since I make it my mission to scavenge for all of my stuff and I refuse to buy anything, it seems only fitting.

They might not necessarily need an advantage over other factions, the gear you see them equipped with in the faction descriptions isn't all you have to choose from. As far as I know, you can still be a scavenger and have some really good body armor and an assault rifle.
Aralvar

03.04.2013, 20:42

Scavenging/Stalking is a skill most n00bies to this game and genre are going to have a hard time learning. I even think stalker veterans will have quite a bit of adapting to do.
kristmace

03.04.2013, 20:42

kristmace:Scavenging/Stalking is a skill most n00bies to this game and genre are going to have a hard time learning. I even think stalker veterans will have quite a bit of adapting to do.

A very interesting tought my friend, hmmmm...
Hpnot1Q

03.04.2013, 20:44

kristmace:Scavenging/Stalking is a skill most n00bies to this game and genre are going to have a hard time learning. I even think stalker veterans will have quite a bit of adapting to do.

I wouldn't say MOST new players, though I know that there are a lot of people that are all too quick to buy all their gear when they get the chance.
Aralvar

03.04.2013, 21:11

yes it take a lot of time to learn how to fill your 50-kilo pack with only important stuff, and to know what you can ditch when mutant starts breathing down your neck...
Jonikka

03.04.2013, 21:57

I will hang out with scavengers often. One of the greatest appeals to me of post apocalypse is exactly that; scavenging. Searching for useful items, modifying something to do another thing. Yea buddy!
Arsanel

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to Story