Your Interpretation of the Survarium story?

This section is for discussing the story behind the game and Survarium universe.

27.04.2014, 20:01

Cold locations to which we have no access without special clothes or radiation locations, things like that .
Yea hunting is a good way to deal with the nature, and hunger!
Last edited by RedFenixIII on 27.04.2014, 20:02, edited 1 time in total.
RedFenixIII

27.04.2014, 20:38

i dont... i want it serious and dirty not so crazy like an Fallout, a mix from s.t.a.l.k.e.r. and Metro on a huge map
Marilyn Mongo

28.04.2014, 06:27

yeah hunting and hunger in free mode would be nice, and maybe some little crafting system not to much, but simple things like traps for animals, bandages out of clothes, or little attachments like a flashlight something like that
Marilyn Mongo

02.05.2014, 22:26

the best way to deal with the spread of overgrowing roots would be with melee weapons. just saying.

what i dont understand about survarium is why the factions are fighting each other here. different idiologies? sure. got that. they are trying to get radio parts? ok. good. but why not cooperate? i see that its not a utopia. it shouldnt be. its a post apocalyptic scenario. scavengers and black market seem to be the first two opposing factions here. they seem like.. well, like warring factions. duty and freedom if you please. but why are scavengers fighting the black market? i think it needs a stronger justification than these ones are hippies and these ones are bikers. something along the lines of everyone pretty much starts out as a scavenger but black market is trying to recruit more people and thus wipe out the rookies....? i dont know. even that doesnt really work. someone ought come up with a creative way of justifying their war, because as far as i see it, they ought be chopping away at the trees and filling marshes anomalies with sand, gravel and cement.
beaverman3000

03.05.2014, 15:47

Killing Animals 2 get Foood
robinho05

04.05.2014, 16:30

I don't think that will be something like "animals" in Survarium :P I would like to see some original and crazy mutants like Bloodsucker or Psy-dog ;) but it would be nice if "nature" will create some mutants that aren't dangerous to survivors.
KOles

08.05.2014, 14:30

i just hope the story will inspire a sense of hope also, not only a grey view of the post apocalyptic world.

GabreeEL

15.05.2014, 19:29

I would say it is nature attempting to replenish its self after decades of humans devouring its resources. Perhaps humans found this out and attempted to speed up the process to replenish fossil fuels, precious minerals and gems, and other money makers. The attempt to speed the process up backfired and the growth exploded hundreds of times what it was naturally doing.

Or another idea could be that a pure hearted person made it to the Wish Granter. This person was deeply saddened by the man-made destruction of the environment from the Chernobyl accident and subsequent events and wished for the earth to heal itself. The Wish Granter then fulfilled this wish in it's usual form....it allowed nature to "re-take" the earth from the humans that damaged it.
Last edited by Heavygunner on 15.05.2014, 19:47, edited 1 time in total.
StasisBC

15.05.2014, 19:48

Please don't double post, the edit button is there for a reason.
Survarium has nothing to do with Stalker, so no Wish Granter.
Heavygunner
Master

16.05.2014, 16:35

maybe gathering mutant herbs to make poison or perfume to hide your smell
Nemeczis

19.05.2014, 04:33

giant meteor crashing down bringing the good'oll space virus that transforms nature and at all those locations that got hid by fractions of the impactor creating anomalys by evil "space-waves"..so what to do

^^ cover yourself with mud to avoid head seeking mutant insects?

don't think so
Tarquin

21.05.2014, 10:11

beaverman3000:the best way to deal with the spread of overgrowing roots would be with melee weapons. just saying.

what i dont understand about survarium is why the factions are fighting each other here. different idiologies? sure. got that. they are trying to get radio parts? ok. good. but why not cooperate? i see that its not a utopia. it shouldnt be. its a post apocalyptic scenario. scavengers and black market seem to be the first two opposing factions here. they seem like.. well, like warring factions. duty and freedom if you please. but why are scavengers fighting the black market? i think it needs a stronger justification than these ones are hippies and these ones are bikers. something along the lines of everyone pretty much starts out as a scavenger but black market is trying to recruit more people and thus wipe out the rookies....? i dont know. even that doesnt really work. someone ought come up with a creative way of justifying their war, because as far as i see it, they ought be chopping away at the trees and filling marshes anomalies with sand, gravel and cement.

In freeplay, dynamic shortcuts for those who dedicate space for a machete would be nice.
Hazmat Mutant
Survivor

21.05.2014, 10:17

Spetsnaz Veteran:
In freeplay, dynamic shortcuts for those who dedicate space for a machete would be nice.

Agreed! :)
XpectResist

21.05.2014, 22:29

I wrote a very very long story based on my imagination.
it will be its own identity.
Last edited by elitzur874 on 21.05.2014, 22:32, edited 2 times in total.
elitzur874

25.05.2014, 14:20

There are clues in the missions from Survarium about the story:

The Fringe Settlers and The Reinessance Army are both fighting for batteries to power a device to protect them from the "Storm". This probably coressponds to the "Anomalous Storm" that will later be introduced to the game. If we include the screenshot from the dev timeline and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. you will see that the screenie has a red background which could symbolize the "Storm" and the red color can also be associated with the Emissions from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (this is unconfirmed since Survarium isn't a prequel/sequel to S.T.A.L.K.E.R.).

The Fringe Settlers clearly say that the "Storm" is "born" from aggression and rage that is happening on the planet. To discharge it the "Storms" appear. Aggression and rage are probably the aftermath of countless wars, hatred and overall pollution (before the apocalypse began). The "Storms" appear to be of a similar nature like Emissions from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. since the scientists from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. also speak of the negative stuff in the Zone as well (again unconfirmed because of the aforementioned reason).

And the Apocalypse came really fast. So fast in fact that everyday people (and cars, buses etc.) were literally frozen in place. This could be confirmed since debris from the Survarium maps are placed in such a fashion. If you may, like the Pompeii (people were enveloped in lava and were like living statues.). The Apocalypse probably spread like a wave with the starting point being the place filled with most anomalies, trenches and the most frequent "Storms".

The cause is most certainly not human-made, probably because we don't have anything that would cause a massive, world-wide, ecological catastrophe (if you detonated everything biological-altering, like a nuke, a Survarium world wouldn't be achived).

Could it be of alien origin? Posiblly, but we have to keep in mind the law of uniqueness of life (there can't be similar life, like a monkey, somewhere other than Earth). It would take some time for an alien life form to adapt to Earth's conditions.

Hope this helps clear some things.
Pen Island

26.05.2014, 15:08

I guess the survarium story is similar to s.t.a.l.k.e.r?
*(Inhabitants of pripyat and chernobyl survive the CPP explosion, etc,etc)*

travisfromsh

26.05.2014, 15:09

travisfromsh wrote:I guess the survarium story is similar to s.t.a.l.k.e.r?

Not at all
joewillburn
Vostok Games

26.05.2014, 23:37

travisfromsh:I guess the survarium story is similar to s.t.a.l.k.e.r?

Nope! We'll get something fresh here! And the Survarium "world" spreads beyond the Exclusion Zone.
Nervous Wreck
Survivor

31.05.2014, 21:18

So the story of Survarium will be what? Nuclear war survivor, infection maybe? I do get that this will not be STALKER 2 so the environment that the character plays in will be much different, most likely making the game much harsher for the player to survive and thrive in. So I'm guessing that it will take after a massive nuclear war somewhere in the near future and in Russia/Ukraine (which personally I think is a better place to have a survival game) which explains the radiation, anomaly's and nature taking its hold on this area of land. The character will also be a survivor of this war, although the faction system seems to confined, although I do hope that the player will have a choice in this world to create their own factions and explore this amazingly crafted environment and also have the choice to not join a faction and for the player to customize their character in the style that best suits them or their needs with still allowing room to fit their survival needs, for example, if the player likes to be a "lone wolf" he'll wear a camouflaged coat of a dead soldier with a sniper rifle he crafted or found and sit on a building alone waiting for players to either help or kill them. I see a huge potential for this game and it comes from the developers of a few of my other favorite games and I know it will not disappoint...
Last edited by IBleedPixelz on 31.05.2014, 21:32, edited 1 time in total.
IBleedPixelz

01.06.2014, 11:48

IBleedPixelz:So the story of Survarium will be what? Nuclear war survivor, infection maybe? I do get that this will not be STALKER 2 so the environment that the character plays in will be much different, most likely making the game much harsher for the player to survive and thrive in. So I'm guessing that it will take after a massive nuclear war somewhere in the near future and in Russia/Ukraine (which personally I think is a better place to have a survival game) which explains the radiation, anomaly's and nature taking its hold on this area of land. The character will also be a survivor of this war, although the faction system seems to confined, although I do hope that the player will have a choice in this world to create their own factions and explore this amazingly crafted environment and also have the choice to not join a faction and for the player to customize their character in the style that best suits them or their needs with still allowing room to fit their survival needs, for example, if the player likes to be a "lone wolf" he'll wear a camouflaged coat of a dead soldier with a sniper rifle he crafted or found and sit on a building alone waiting for players to either help or kill them. I see a huge potential for this game and it comes from the developers of a few of my other favorite games and I know it will not disappoint...

Everyone who keeps saying nuclear war and radiation are a cause THEY ARE WRONG (read my post, don't be lazy). Nuclear war and radiation breed destruction, NOT new forms of life. Everybody keeps referring to stakler. IT'S NOT STALKER. If there were mutations on a handful of survived animals and plant life they would be short lived since they would die in a matter of day/weeks. I'm saying that it is impossible for radiation to do something like biology in Survarium (realisticely and scientificly).
Pen Island

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to Story