Your Interpretation of the Survarium story?

This section is for discussing the story behind the game and Survarium universe.

23.02.2014, 22:47

quest will be avaible?

Zd3nA1CZ

23.02.2014, 22:56

Zd3nA1CZ:quest will be avaible?

Zd3nA1CZ:quest will be avaible?

Please stop spamming dude.
Mr Dutchman
Master
Explorer
Survivor
Veteran

25.02.2014, 12:16

A good game history can be about the nature changing (mutants) by the destruction of nuclear plants in world (like fukushima) and more nuclear plants which contaminates the sea and the air.
saludos

26.02.2014, 11:51

This game is like a S.T.A.L.K.E.R but better XD
Ketesmanco

26.02.2014, 13:35

Zerruh:The reason for the apocalypse might be WW3, which could have happened like this: Two men, each sitting in a house, press a button in front of them, and there the earth goes.
The ones who survived are those guys who are always prepared for a nuclear war, preparing for this scenario for years, after the nuclear winter they get back to the surface and see what happened, well there the game begins...

been Playing Fallout much? forgot your pip-boy on your way out of the vault? :D

in my opinion if it was a worldwar that caused this, nature would not really be the problem, other poeple would ;)
this can only be A: mad scientists doing experiments going wrong B: pollution forcing mutations or C: Alien Elvis returning to Rock the world! :P

if we nuked the planet in all out Nuclearwar there would be little other than cockroaches and singlecelled organisms on land
and if we were really lucky, alot of ocean life was preserved because we didn't nuke the oceans (for obvious lack of targets out there)

either way there would not be alot of things to find and survive off, not really, had the planet been doused by the what 30000 nukes the planets super"-stupid" powers posses
Dobermann_Pharaoh
Veteran

02.03.2014, 03:47

Long-story-short:

A nuclrear/atomic project gone terribly wrong, ended up mutating the nature around the Earth making it spread like a bacteria, resisting everything.

OR

Bio-chemical genetical enhancements of the plants have developed extra Gens X and keep on mutating, spreading like a virus.

Now, if any of those are considered good, they could get some working to it, both are very interesting, logical and controversial subjects of present and future. :)
TheZEROts

09.03.2014, 00:54

Lol page before this , same post nuclear stories such as S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Someone patently didn't play any of them , or didn't pick up the story at all.

Lol post nuclear(war) , made me rofl that one.
Last edited by CptBluemax on 09.03.2014, 00:54, edited 1 time in total.
CptBluemax

09.03.2014, 16:05

Maybe u have to clean ur character from time to time in case of preventing sickness. I know such an element could be annoying but it doesent have to if its not overdone and it brings a sense of authenticity to the gameplay. It could be realised with chemical showers that are spread over the places of the world and additional to that with items of nature u can find, like some mutated fruits or animal secretion u can use to clean ur skin or at least ur face...

dusthead23

09.03.2014, 18:50

Here's my interpretation of what probably happened...

--

The year is 2014.

A massive disaster has occurred at Andreeva Bay, on the Kola Peninsula near Murmansk in Russia. For decades, there were attempts of containing the decayed storage facility that holds more than 20,000 discarded fuel rods that were used in nuclear submarines and ice-breakers during the Cold War. They were too late.

The combination of the extreme cold and salt water over the years has corroded the facility & seeping into the 32 tons of radioactive waste. The hydrogen gasses that has been building up as a result of the corrosion of the nuclear rods has reached critical levels, and then a spark..

An explosion at Andreeva Bay has thrown tons of radioactive material into the skies, and destroyed all life within a 32 mile radius, including Murmansk and a portion of Norway. A much wider area of Norway, north-west Russia and Finland would be rendered uninhabitable in the years to come, and huge quantities of radioactive material would be dumped into the Barents Sea, and eventually spread into the Atlantic Ocean.

--

The Year is 2017.

The fallout from the Andreeva Bay disaster has changed not only the environment, it has changed the Geo-political boundaries in the years since. Coastal cities in the Arctic Circle and the upper Atlantic Ocean has been abandoned, as well as on land within 500 miles of Andreeva Bay. Countries such as Canada, United States, parts of Europe, and Russia fell into social unrest with a massive exodus of refugees fleeing toward the southern countries, in fear of the fallout spreading beyond the exclusion zones.

The Kola Peninsula is littered with relics of Soviet nuclear facilities, housing more than 100 tons of nuclear waste - the largest concentration in the world. The area has been heavily irradiated since then, preventing further containment. One by one, the facilities detonated from the hydrogen buildup, and its shockwaves from the explosions has structurally damaged nearby facilities in a domino-effect.

--

The Year is 2020.

Scientific studies that were conducted in the Arctic Circle regions before the disaster ceased. They didn't have time to study the 30,000-year-old giant virus, among others that was recently discovered in the Siberian frozen tundra. In the 6 years since the disaster, it was speculated to have mutated with the radioactive particles and evolved into something that forever changed the future of the world.

The combination of the virus and the radioactive particles, has somehow greatly influenced the nature and spread violently into the affected regions. What normally took years for a typical plant to grow, took days instead. They attempted to contain the spread with conventional weapons such as napalm and firebombed large areas. In the end, they ultimately used nuclear weapons.

--

The year is 2026.

Mother Nature has reclaimed Earth, with terrifying results.

Welcome to Survarium.
Last edited by EliteTerm on 09.03.2014, 23:37, edited 7 times in total.
EliteTerm

11.03.2014, 16:36

Post deleted for not being in the English language (As per Forumrules: ucp.php?mode=terms )
Last edited by Heavygunner on 11.03.2014, 16:44, edited 1 time in total.
johnfrusciante

12.03.2014, 14:29

wait if almost everything would be mutated and stuff won't the animals be too
luis123

12.03.2014, 20:17

Making something like for example "50/100 of this territory is controlled by mutants" and take actions depending on your faction("Kill'em all until it goes click!" for the renaissance army","Collect their skins for Money" for the Black market" and "try to avoid them" for the fringe settlers)
ElPsyCongroo5

14.03.2014, 07:11

malikryo:Making something like for example "50/100 of this territory is controlled by mutants" and take actions depending on your faction("Kill'em all until it goes click!" for the renaissance army","Collect their skins for Money" for the Black market" and "try to avoid them" for the fringe settlers)

That's good. But I think Fringe Settlers would like to study the mutant to try and understand. And the Scavengers would try to avoid. But those could be missions.

I think the Devs should watch a movie called Extinction. The caption reads: A retrovirus able to crossbreed the genes of plants, animals and humans is accidentally released, creating a world of horrific mutants.

Seems to fit something sorta like Survarium.

Raider65
Survivor

18.03.2014, 10:31

Was anyone else reminded of “The Happening” when they first saw the story reveal for Survarium? I sure was.
Demut

19.03.2014, 04:58

The beauty of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games is the freedom, but to be honest the stories aren't exactly the most memorable. Then here came Survarium, this is a new beginning, this game should have a story that can hold up for generations.

The story should connect to the player the a personal level, in order to accomplish this, the story needs to be a bildungsroman (definition: coming of age story). The main story should be about the player finding their identity in the world of Survarium, the story should have multiple branching stories trying to compliment the player on finding their identity. A thief, maybe they want to be a lone man, or maybe a leader of a group, or even a neutral man who has no idea of good or evil, and then some. A more detail example is I want to be a leader of a group, but i want them to have a specific religion, philosophy, or have no religion or philosophy at all, also i want to be partners with some other groups and destroy other groups, or maybe a neutral group or total domination, also i want to lead a group that is rich so i want to sell a product (what that product is, can range to weapons, to food, to fake products) or take over other groups and steal their stuff and also a government or no government. I say bildungroman because when you think of it the story should be about what the player want to become in the wasteland.

The secondary story should be more than just a story, it should question the player. For example "The Last of Us" has an incredible story, but it also question, what is the reason why we want to live? and What happens when that is taken away? NOW SURVARIUM... the story should question:
-Is the apocalypse any worse than it was before? Some say the apocalypse is a good thing. Some say the apocalypse isn't any different because it's almost the same as modern times and some say HELL YEAH IT'S CRAP
-What is the most important thing in for an apocalypse? You can have all the resources to survive, but what's the point of living in a world where your alone
-What is Human Nature? Some say humans are naturally good, some say humans are naturally bad, and then we have people that say we learn from what we see. (if your born with a father who is racist, will their children be racist?)
-Where is the line where science becomes more of a question of morality?
-What is life? (I know it cliche, but if you think about it, the best place to answer is in the apocalypse)
these are just some of the questions that Survarium should question the player, and also help the player answer these question... HELP NOT FRIKING TELL THE ANSWER, BUT HELP BECAUSE IT SHOULD BE A DISCOVERY NOT A LESSON GOD DAMN IT!.

Now the third part of the story are the side quests... NO NOT "GO GET THIS STUFF AND ME PAY YOU!" NO STOP THAT, LET'S MAKE THIS GAME HAVE A STORY WHERE WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE'S WORK GO TO SHIT. The side quest should be unique in their own way, helping the player understand the world their living in, help the player find the answer their looking for, and help the player become who they want to become in the world of Survarium. I'm sick and tired of games making a side quest just a "do this you get this" i feel like a dog rather than a player, a side quest should be a journey rather than a chores.

THE ENDING ====>SHOULDN'T<==== BE GOOD =====>OR<===== BAD ENDING, BUT AND ENDING WHERE THE PLAYER QUESTION "IS IT REALLY GOOD OR BAD? I MEAN THIS THING HAPPEN, BUT THEN THIS HAPPEN" THAT'S AN ENDING. A GOOD ENDING IS WHERE THE PLAYER QUESTIONS THE ENDING IF IT'S GOOD OR BAD

If the Survarium is going to be a successor to the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series, it should be better in every way because a successor should show how the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series becomes better and better.
Broman888

19.03.2014, 15:24

I hope its not like a cheap, uninspired, boring story with no depth.
I dont expect much tbh. since there wont be NPCs/camps and stuff and you get missions in the lobby.
Azaí

19.03.2014, 15:40

Azaí:I hope its not like a cheap, uninspired, boring story with no depth.
I dont expect much tbh. since there wont be NPCs/camps and stuff and you get missions in the lobby.

Well, not really.
Mr Dutchman
Master
Explorer
Survivor
Veteran

19.03.2014, 15:46

MRPolska:
Well, not really.

Would be great if it turns out to be good, but I doubt it.
Azaí

19.03.2014, 16:09

Azaí:

Would be great if it turns out to be good, but I doubt it.

It will, especially coop.
Mr Dutchman
Master
Explorer
Survivor
Veteran

23.03.2014, 02:45

A few ideas(both serious and jokingly):

"Aliens." -Giorgio A. Tsoukalos

A government scientist is about to inject genes into a bacteria that will make it the most contagious and unstable(DNA fragmentation aka evolution on steroids) bio weapon known to man, sadly his petri dish was contaminated with algae which he accidentally injected instead. The algae mutated into a new form of plant and spread like crazy before it could be contained.

A plant has been genetically engineered to have a conscious mind. It saw an episode of Jersey Shore and declared humans infidels and an abomination. It took control of all the plants and caused the apocalypse.

A hippie became friends with a body builder who offered him to try out [insert muscle building drug here]. The hippie tried to inject it into his recreational plants and the apocalypse grew violently from there.

A black hole from an antimatter/mirror world teleported a field of identical antimatter plants into our identical field of plants made of matter and by a chance of 1 out of 4694359368u75467657643658776437, they managed to exchange dna violently, causing an abomination of nature and thus causing the apocalypse.
Last edited by Hazmat Mutant on 23.03.2014, 02:45, edited 1 time in total.
Hazmat Mutant
Survivor

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to Story