Your Interpretation of the Survarium story?

This section is for discussing the story behind the game and Survarium universe.

30.01.2014, 11:41

Assassin56g:I think and hope, that the cause behind the apocalypse is just the way it was in S.t.a.l.k.e.r (an amazing game): Via nuclear disaster.

Well from what I got the cause of this apocalypse is mankind's destruction and exploitation of the earth, so nature fought back with the Green Apocalypse. Since mankind has lost control of its own creations, nuclear plants blow up so you'd still have some deadly radiation.
Nervous Wreck
Survivor

03.02.2014, 08:16

Game based on the universum of S.T.A.L.K.E.R - I might like it :)
Lohitron

03.02.2014, 19:33

recently found out about this game and i can say im really looking forward to this.
loved the s.t.a.l.k.e.r games and it was a big shame when they announced that they were dropping stalker2.

but this looks amazing so far, seen a few videos and some of the diary's and this got alot of potential.

what i loved about the universe was the little details, the interactions with npc`s, all the stories and rumors, the survival features, weapon realism, artifacts effects, gear, the whole post-apocalyptic feeling.

im tired of all the post-apocalyptic zombie themed based games that keep popping up everywhere, so its nice to see a "real-life" based mmo.
Cornsack

03.02.2014, 23:06

My view of the possible story for the game:

In secret labs, scientists were researching alien technologies that were found during the history. Multiple facilities all around the Earth were researching different objects of alien origins but mostly strange alien crafts. During the experiments researcher used „bug“ to brake code that was protecting navigation systems. They succeeded on one craft and engaged its navigation system. Crafts navigation system was basically used to travel through multiple dimensions. As the system was activated the craft went into S.O.S. (emergency) mode and tried to travel to its original dimension. But the implemented „bug“ disabled all the security measures and the command was set to all other crafts around the Earth. Because of malfunctioning the crafts were unable to complete the command but the opened dimensional rifts the slowly started to expand. As the result multiple dimensions were at the same time and place on certain locations on Earth.

Those rifts caused that alien plants and animals enter our world. Some rifts appeared near power plants, nuclear facilities, research and medical labs and so on. Destroying those facilities and causing heavy problems. With certain plants and agent was introduced in the air causing sickness and heavy allergic response around the Earth killing most of the initial survivors that survived first rift destruction. Survivors that were immune to allergic mutagen or were cured developed mild form of cell and tissue regeneration. Some of them got psychically ill that was manifested in 3 different types: some of then became depressed and suicidal, some of them developed multiple persons disorder and some of them become aggressive, they developed urge for killing and become serial killers but like berserkers, killing in frantic state of mind. (This could create good back quest stories like: Lone madman, rampant serial killer, suicidal person that gets resurrected after each suicide etc.)

The alien plants spread fast around the world occupying more and more space and genetically influencing on domestic plants and hybrids were born. New types of creatures where introduced to our environment: those from different dimensions, those that mutated because of the rifts and those that mutated because of nuclear exposure.
Certain plants were introduced to our world that had capability to regenerate or produce physical bodies of dead creatures or humans. Since the overwhelming growth and spread of plants that become to act as a single living organism all around the world as a creature or human died it left DNA traces and their souls left their bodies those plant began to produce new bodies for those souls and combining them together again with full memories intact of previous life’s before death. (There is science theory that Earth is one living organism with collective consciousness). Making them practicality immortal. But not all creatures could be resurrected, because certain plants could only produce certain DNA. So plant that resurrects humans can’t resurrect any other living form. Survivor humans begin to make settlements near those plants.

Why all this:
1) Because you will avoid same post nuclear stories like Fallout or Stalker, or stories like Zombie apocalypse but can still retain many of those segments.
2) This will explain resurrection after death that most of the games don’t have. Eve online solved the same problem by making clones and consciousness data bases.
3) This can explain weird weather conditions like storms and strange lights etc.
4) Also will explain why people regenerate during the combat
5) Will produce many different variables to create monsters and npc’s

P.S. Now that I have written this I see that some people share same ideas like me. Sorry for duble posting in that case
Britvica
Explorer

04.02.2014, 00:46

Hunting, and i don't know, protect the camp base?
Wolf_Alpha2014

04.02.2014, 12:39

Britvica, nice story.
Torradan

06.02.2014, 19:15

well seeing a docu of Fukushima, Chernobyl, the Nigerdelta (oil) Canada Oil Sands, search on the top 10 polluted places in world and you quickly learn that areas the size of several countries all over the world a deadly to stay in for too long.

I would think that pollution mutated animals, wether our 2050+ nuclear warhead tests or chemical, industrial waste caused it, could be either, both, alot of small creeks of pollution turning into one giant Tsunami of mutations, deadly emissions and dangerous Anomalies.

something that makes the story seem real as much as ur graphics does =D

and ofc, we have to also look for a solution to save our world from this, there has to be hope :o
Last edited by Dobermann_Pharaoh on 06.02.2014, 19:18, edited 1 time in total.
Dobermann_Pharaoh
Veteran

07.02.2014, 15:07

Tnx Torradan ;)

I just can't wait to see what will be the true story about Survarium :D
Britvica
Explorer

10.02.2014, 09:43

i think scientist let out a virus that the goverment couldnt control and it spreaded slowly and the population started to drop as some went crazy and others knew the goverment couldnt control so they tried to survive themselves.
Datassassin

10.02.2014, 20:04

i don't know
daikelnl

13.02.2014, 21:59

Dobermann_Pharaoh:well seeing a docu of Fukushima, Chernobyl, the Nigerdelta (oil) Canada Oil Sands, search on the top 10 polluted places in world and you quickly learn that areas the size of several countries all over the world a deadly to stay in for too long.

I would think that pollution mutated animals, wether our 2050+ nuclear warhead tests or chemical, industrial waste caused it, could be either, both, alot of small creeks of pollution turning into one giant Tsunami of mutations, deadly emissions and dangerous Anomalies.

something that makes the story seem real as much as ur graphics does =D

and ofc, we have to also look for a solution to save our world from this, there has to be hope :o

I'm interested in what that doc was, because I watched a documentary that some researchers compiled from the Chernobyl fallout zone, and they are finding that heavy radiation is actually not harming the flaura and fauna, and that it has actually become a haven for great ecosystems. Furthermore, a race of grassland wolves from Mongolia that were on the edge of extinction from overhunting and ecology destruction (the birth of the Gobi desert's new reign of destruction) have been repopulating themselves in the fallout zone.

What I interpret of the story is that mankind's tampering of nature effectively became our 'end'. Nature evolved because of the complex chemicals we 'stole' and harnessed from the land, and through evolution became stronger than us, and vengeful toward us. Which isn't so far-fetched when you look at how Chernobyl is doing now: radiation levels harmful and deadly to humans where nature thrives.

I like your story too Britvica... lots of imaginationnn.. yeeaaah!

Maybe it will be a combination of aliens, human experimentation on cell structure, and nature's will... hmmm... :D
Last edited by Yupa on 13.02.2014, 22:00, edited 1 time in total.
Yupa

14.02.2014, 14:40

Yupa:

I'm interested in what that doc was, because I watched a documentary that some researchers compiled from the Chernobyl fallout zone, and they are finding that heavy radiation is actually not harming the flaura and fauna, and that it has actually become a haven for great ecosystems. Furthermore, a race of grassland wolves from Mongolia that were on the edge of extinction from overhunting and ecology destruction (the birth of the Gobi desert's new reign of destruction) have been repopulating themselves in the fallout zone.

there are alot of documentaries about Chernobyl, some are made by the IAEA International Atomic Energy Agency to cover the truth about the studies performed, According to CCI - Chernobyl Children International a nonprofit aid organization theese are some of the facts of Chernobyl::

Today in Ukraine, 6,000 children are born every year with genetic heart defects. More than 3,000 will die for lack of medical attention.

Children born since 1986 are affected by a 200 percent increase in birth defects and a 250 percent increase in congenital birth deformities.
85 percent of Belarusian children are deemed to be Chernobyl victims: they carry “genetic markers” that could affect their health at any time and can be passed on to the next generation.
UNICEF found increases in children’s disease rates, including 38 percent increase in malignant tumours, 43 percent in blood circulatory illnesses and 63 percent in disorders of the bone, muscle and connective tissue system.
Each child living in an institution, such as an orphanage or mental asylum, is allocated just €1 per day to live.
In 2004 nearly 26 percent of children under 17 lived below the poverty line.
More than one million children continue to live in contaminated zones.

- See more at: http://www.chernobyl-international.com/ ... DYY4G.dpuf

any Mammal race living in the area are beeing effected the same way, the only difference that makes animals seemingly thrive is that there are no humans to actively kill animals through hunting, running down with cars, poisoning through poisons or pollutants. fx. in Denmark more than 15000 birds die from flying into buildings, cars or other manmade objects every year, that doesn't happen in the closed zone as frequently, windows are busted or extremely dirty so birds don't hit them as much coz they can see them.

there are alot of factors involved and the nr 1 for the thriving of animals in the closed zone is : lack of human interference. yes Nature finds its ways, but a study from 2007 made by collaboration between
Laboratoire de Parasitologie Evolutive, CNRS UMR 7103, Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Bât. A, 7ème étage, 7 quai Street Bernard, Case 237, 75252 Paris Cedex 05, France

Department of Biological Sciences, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208, USA

Departamento de Biología Animal, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Extremadura, Avda. Elvas s/n, 06071 Badajoz, Spain

Dipartimento di Biologia, Sez. Zoologia Scienze Naturali, Università degli Studi di Milano, via Celoria 26, 20133 Milano, Italy

showed that and I quote Barn swallows (Hirundo rustica) that live in or around Chernobyl have displayed an increased rate of physical abnormalities compared to swallows from uncontaminated areas. Abnormalities included partially albinistic plumage, deformed toes, tumors, deformed tail feathers, deformed beaks, and deformed air sacks. Birds with these abnormalities have a reduced viability in the wild and a decrease in fitness. These effects are likely due to radiation exposure and elevated teratogenic effects of radioactive isotopes in the environment.

furthermore

Laboratoire d'Ecologie, Systématique et Evolution, Université Paris-Sud
CNRS UMR 8079, Bâtiment 362, 91405 Orsay Cedex, France

Department of Biological Sciences, University of South Carolina
Columbia, SC 29208, USA

concluded that:

Invertebrate populations (including bumblebees, butterflies, grasshoppers, dragonflies, and spiders) has significantly decreased. Currently, most radioactivity around Chernobyl is located in the top layer of soil, where many invertebrates live or lay their eggs. The reduced abundance of invertebrates can have negative implications for the entire ecosystem surrounding Chernobyl.

so different sources tell different stories, some are science, some are politics ;)

you mention wolves, would that be theese mutated wolves: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK99dvJO5PY

they may be "thriving", but not unharmed, in the video they explain that the wolves in this area was almost extinct from hunting, that they used to shoot them from Helicopters, also that the wolves living there now are alot smaller than wolves living outside the contaminated zone, that means they don't chase larger prey as much as smaller, they mention that the wolves in the zone prefer catching beavers instead of Moose or other large Mammals, which is causing sideffects in the ecosystem, beavers work hard to "create" new waterways and swamps for habitats, they are natures gardeners as such and their "work" is slowed by them beeing eaten by wolves

so yeah compared to before the accident they are thriving : coz noone is there hunting them anymore ;) outside the zone they are still beeing hunted (illegally I guess) so their numbers do not increase as inside
Last edited by Dobermann_Pharaoh on 16.02.2014, 14:11, edited 2 times in total.
Dobermann_Pharaoh
Veteran

18.02.2014, 12:34

joewillburn:What do you think are the reasons behind the apocalypse in Survarium? What would be the best ways to deal with the overwhelming spread of nature? Share your interpretations and thoughts with us! Interpretation

Hunting animals and then craft some useful stuff... Maybe trade that stuff later. :)
Byk
Explorer

18.02.2014, 21:38

Just set it in the zone like S.T.A.L.K.E.R, You're not going to beat that setting.
bd3224

19.02.2014, 09:43

food,water,slow-fast zombies (humanoid creatures),dark,day....
Aloner

19.02.2014, 10:38

Hyjack22:food,water,slow-fast zombies (humanoid creatures),dark,day....

There are no zombies in this game.. This game also doesnt have DayZ gameplay.
Mr Dutchman
Master
Explorer
Survivor
Veteran

21.02.2014, 00:04

I hope the freeplay mode is going to be realistic. It would be awesome to hunt animals, find resources and stuff.
VioGamer

21.02.2014, 05:31

VioGamer:I hope the freeplay mode is going to be realistic. It would be awesome to hunt animals, find resources and stuff.

It is session based... Unlike DayZ and WarZ.
Mr Dutchman
Master
Explorer
Survivor
Veteran

22.02.2014, 10:00

The reason for the apocalypse might be WW3, which could have happened like this: Two men, each sitting in a house, press a button in front of them, and there the earth goes.
The ones who survived are those guys who are always prepared for a nuclear war, preparing for this scenario for years, after the nuclear winter they get back to the surface and see what happened, well there the game begins...

Zerruh

23.02.2014, 04:01

I like the concept of the Earth as an entity waking up to see humanity and industrialisation as a plague, and it's "immune system" fighting back to eradicate us, mutating and feeding on the nuclear waste, increasing it's power in an attempt to cleanse itself. Awesome idea =D
Abraxas

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to Story