Survarium Patch 0.67 is Live. Play Now!

This section is for discussing the story behind the game and Survarium universe.

26.05.2021, 11:11

Survarium Patch 0.67 with updated character skill trees, changes to anomalies spawning rules and special weapons as rewards for participating in matches is now live!

Please find the complete list of changes of the Patch below. Have a good time playing the game!

Not playing Survarium yet?
Download the latest version of the game here!

The List of Changes in Survarium 0.67a
General Changes

- Choosing map variation in custom battles is now possible.
- Changed spawning rules of anomalies and artifacts. Now there should be more anomalies in a match even when they are being actively destroyed.
- If there's only a few anomalies on a map, a new one will appear every 10 seconds. If there's a lot of amount of anomalies, a new one will spawn each 60 seconds. Between these border numbers spawn timer slowly increases (in 0.66 a new anomaly spawns around each 30 seconds).
- A maximum of 5 anomalies + 1 for each minute of a match can be on a location (in version 0.66 the maximum number of anomalies is 16).
- These changes are meant to make the number of anomalies and their spawning during a match more even. Hopefully, this will make anomalous skill tree more useful. We will continue fine tuning anomalies spawning rules once 0.67 is live.
- Limited the maximum number of friends (5 thousand).

Character Skills

- Updated character skill trees. Added or changed many abilities, including their placement in the trees.
- All character skills will be reset once 0.67 is live. Don't forget to redistribute the skill points again!
- New skills.
- Cardio. You can jump and attack in melee even if you have no stamina.
- Breathing control. You can hold your breath while walking.
- Amplification. Passive artifact bonus increases over time when the artifact is in the container.
- Anomalous gaze. Visual distortion inside anomalies decreased.
- Experimenter. You can use different artifacts at the same time (using identical artifacts is still impossible).
- Updated skills.
- Shoe lining. Chance to disarm and destroy a trap or a mine (once per respawn).
- Supply Pocket. You can equip an additional supply pocket (no longer disables weapon slot).
- Frenzy. While sprinting damage taken to limbs from firearms is reduced by 25%.
- Jagged Edges. Traps always cause bleeding, its strength is increased.

Special Weapons

- You now have a chance to get a box with a special weapon after winning a match (players with premium also have a chance to get the box after losing a match).
- Special weapons have rare modules and three modifiers. Also special weapons have +10% to spare parts bonus.
- Box and special weapon tier depend on character's equipment. But the higher the tier, the lower the chance.
- Contents of these special boxes are listed below.
- Tier 1. AKM "Special" or PM "Special".
- Tier 2. OTs-02 "Special" or Yarygin pistol "Special".
- Tier 3. Benelli M4 Super 90 "Special" or APS "Special".
- Tier 4. AS"Val" Special or Colt M1911 "Special Russian Contract".
- Tier 5. VSSK "Vychlop" Special or Glock 17 "Special".

Bug fixes

- Fixed grass on Vector Laboratory.
- Fixed a bug when a player left a team mission, but still received boxes collected by other players.

Download Survarium 0.67 and check it out! Hopefully you'll like the changes.

See you on the battlefield!

Survarium DevTeam
Vostok Games

27.05.2021, 12:36

Survarium Patch 0.67a1 with bug fixes is now live!

Please find the complete list of changes of the Patch below.

Have a good time playing the game!

Not playing Survarium yet?
Download the latest version of the game here!

The List of Changes in Survarium 0.67a1a
Bug fixes
- Fixed an issue when Chiropractor description wasn't displayed on the maximum skill level.
- Fixed an issue when Radiolocator had incorrect distance in the description (now it's correct – 5 meter).
- Fixed a rare desynchronization issue when using "Spring" artifact.

Character Skills

- All these changes were included in 0.67, but not listed in the change log. 0.67 change log has been updated.
- Forest Protection now provides 5%, 10%, 15% bonuses depending on the skill level.
- Medical Training now provides 3%, 6%, 9%, 12%, 15% bonuses depending on the skill level.
- Unbroken now has 3 levels (10% bonus for each level).
- Strong Bones now has 2 levels (25% bonus for each level).
- Adrenalin now gives 20% bonus on the first level, then +2% for each consecutive level (total 5 levels, so maximum bonus is 28%).
- Chiropractor now has 3 levels (5% bonus for each level).
- Metal Detector now has 1 level (5 meter).
- Radiolocator now has 1 level (5 meter).
- Silent Sensor now provides 20%, 40%, 60%, 80%, 100% bonuses depending on the skill level.
- Soft outsole now provides 5%, 10%, 15%, 20%, 25% bonuses depending on the skill level.
- Removed abilities.
- The Last Chance.
- Anomalous Contact.
- Potent Painkiller.

Download Survarium 0.67a1 and check it out! Hopefully you'll like the changes.

See you on the battlefield!

Survarium DevTeam
Vostok Games

31.05.2021, 13:06

After the release of Survarium Update 0.67 we've received a lot of questions about changes to the game. We have answered the most popular ones and explained why the Vostok Games team made certain decisions.

Read through the answers to get a better understanding of how the game works!

Shouldn't there be an indicator for whether or not shoe lining skill has been used once per life already? Maybe add points when automatically disabling a mine? Or some sort of sound when the mine is removed?

Originally the point of the skill was that it could save you from accidentally blowing up. So you actually wouldn't be even aware that you stepped on a mine, the skill just saves you. However, many people were unhappy with the randomness, so we removed it. And to balance the ability, it now only works once per life.

Still, we consider it to be a skill that could save you from a mine, if you didn't happen to step on one accidentally. So we believe this skill should still have an element of uncertainty, so adding an indicator or sound goes against this idea.

What do you think of shoe lining skill resetting if you resupply? What sort of crate doesn't have spare shoes?

Ammo crates don't have spare shoes, so no. Once per respawn it is. And we think it's already a good skill since it guarantees you to disable a mine once per life.

First screenshots of the Special weapons are being shared by the players and in the rewards screen it only shows the weapon itself, but the patch notes refer to some kind of boxes. Is there a misunderstanding here or does the box contain something else?

Yes, patch notes were a bit misleading in this regard. You only get a weapon, not a box that you actually open. The "box" concept only indicates that on a certain equipment tier you can receive certain weapons.

Can you disclose the chance of getting a special weapon?

No. But the chances were calculated based on how many matches on each equipment tier a player plays on average when leveling up. And chances for getting low tier weapons (when playing with corresponding gear, of course) are higher.

Will the special weapons get camouflage in the future? For example, the same camouflage for all of them?

We'll think about it, but currently there are no plans for that. The idea is introducing weapons that are ready to be used in battles since it has modules and three modifiers. But these weapons are not to replace premium or event rewards, so no special camo.

Since the VSSK "Dusk" is not obtainable in any way anymore, can you add this camo to the Special version? You have done it with the M1911 "Russian Contract".

We'll think about it.

Do special weapons only drop from PvP?

Yes.

Three skills have been removed from the game with this update. What was the reason for each of them? Is this a permanent change or will they be brought back later when adjusted?

These skills were either too unpopular (rarely used), or had a lot of negativity from the players. For instance, many people hated the Last Chance because it could kill your teammates with a grenade.

As you see, we have reworked many skills (which were too strong or too weak), but we didn't have any good ideas as to what to do with these three, so we decided to remove them. They will only be reintroduced into the game if we have a good idea of how to rework them.

There was mention of an anomaly system rework not long ago. Is the anomaly spawning system logic update all there would be or can we expect more changes in 0.67?

As the patch notes state, we'll continue fine tuning the system. Also, there are plans to introduce a new anomaly, but we cannot promise anything yet. Definitely not in 0.67.

Can you explain how the "Amplification" skill works? Does the bonus increase every minute? Is there no cap to it as long as you have the artifact?

No, you don't have to wait the whole minute, the bonus increases continuously and is not capped.

The artifact power is calculated as the following: base power * (100% + Artifacts Power bonus + Amplification bonus * Time in seconds / 60).

For instance, if you have two points in Amplification (10% bonus per minute), then after having an artifact for 30 seconds, it becomes 5% stronger.

Survarium DevTeam
Vostok Games

13.06.2021, 10:24

Hi team VG.

This is about the killcam.

I wonder why does the killcam show me from my graphical perspective. I mean it shows my graphical settings and fov, etc when I should be seeing it from the enemy's perspective...

Will there be a near future possibility of seeing the killcam from the players perspective? I mean his gfx settings, resolution and fov...

I hope you get the question right...

I know I can can download the entire match and watch but it's not what I want to do everytime...
Viren

16.06.2021, 10:34

Viren:Hi team VG.

This is about the killcam.

I wonder why does the killcam show me from my graphical perspective. I mean it shows my graphical settings and fov, etc when I should be seeing it from the enemy's perspective...

Will there be a near future possibility of seeing the killcam from the players perspective? I mean his gfx settings, resolution and fov...

I hope you get the question right...

I know I can can download the entire match and watch but it's not what I want to do everytime...

Because killcam does not record what happens like video recording software on player's computer would.
Killcam does actually capture very little data and then presents them at very low framerate, rendering all the stuff on your computer so you will never see it like you should. You can at best see where the enemy was, when it comes to aiming it is grey area.

Midori Fuse

16.06.2021, 11:27

Hi Midori, long time no see :o
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

22.07.2021, 12:46

The game is out for like 6 years now and you still balance the basic mechanics?
Honest question: Why do you completely rebalance skills or weapons every half a year instead of rushing out new content which was promised in 2015?
Dauerfeuer Ungeheuer

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to Story