New Survarium gamedesigner, Unreal Engine 4...

It’s always good to sit around the campfire and chat about your day, missions and experiences.

17.02.2017, 20:08

Möebius:

what the hell o.O

#nodeceive
Shrekr

17.02.2017, 20:31

-Corvo Attano-:As far as we know (Regular players, me and other admin's included) it is going to be a separate game

Its very irresponsible for you to make this statement. A lot of people will take it as fact even though you are just going on the conclusion of the evidence presented

Shrekr:

#nodeceive

Even when presented with clear, nearly irrefutable evidence that Freeplay most likely just entered development (And if it hasn't then I hope VG braced itself for shooting away the little credibility they have left the moment they announce the topic), active development, Asset development, you still insist on being a complete contrarian.

You understand that? They literally opened a secondary project. They are developing another thing and if they aren't developing freeplay, they are DONE once they announce that the moment they had the developmental resources available to do something else than Survarium PvP, they did anything but freeplay, they are pretty much over as a studio. They would lose what little credibility is left.

Its pathetic; acting as if VG is still trying to obscure the progress of freeplay even when they came clean almost a year ago, just to cling on to your impotent rage. They aren't saying "Oh we are now actually starting freeplay development". No, you contrarian bastard, they aren't saying ANYTHING. All they are saying is that Ruslan is now project lead of another project, and that they are hiring UE4 devs. They aren't decieving anyone because they aren't attempting to communicate what the project is about.
colers25

18.02.2017, 02:50

I don't understand why some people are surprised or dissatisfied by the fact that VG create another project. It is technically impossible to use UDK developer for current project, so it is totally obvious they must start another project. And even if this project is an Unreal Engine copy of Survarium it is still a totally new project.

Furthermore it is pretty rational to create Freeplay as a separate project on a modern engine, while still using old Survarium for test purposes by the meantime until the new game will be ready (especially it is probably a 2 years cycle).
-IRONWOLF-

18.02.2017, 12:11

lmao they're not even finished with this game, constantly telling us there's not enough resources/manpower. and now they announce a new project. "abandon ship!!"

player90

18.02.2017, 12:14

player90:lmao they're not even finished with this game, constantly telling us there's not enough resources/manpower. and now they announce a new project. "abandon ship!!"

From what we can tell (Based on the job offers they send out), they aren't planning to do more than finalize the concept stage for a while, and then start creating 3d assets and maps
colers25

18.02.2017, 12:20

no it's not what it says at all. i've read both the vk post and the actual job offer.

"Ruslan Didenko Почему же, Survarium продолжает разрабатываться отдельной командой."

lmao
Last edited by player90 on 18.02.2017, 12:21, edited 1 time in total.

player90

18.02.2017, 12:44

-IRONWOLF-:I don't understand why some people are surprised or dissatisfied by the fact that VG create another project. It is technically impossible to use UDK developer for current project, so it is totally obvious they must start another project. And even if this project is an Unreal Engine copy of Survarium it is still a totally new project.

Furthermore it is pretty rational to create Freeplay as a separate project on a modern engine, while still using old Survarium for test purposes by the meantime until the new game will be ready (especially it is probably a 2 years cycle).

Indeed. They could still use (most of) the assets from Survarium while still maintaining that it is a different project (which is technically the truth). Scepticism is obligatory, but I cannot for the life of me think of anything else they could do in another project while leaving this one as it is and abandon entirely on Freeplay as a *concept*.

Unless they are Digitally Homicidal (Puns for days), abandoning Freeplay as a whole (in any shape, way or form) would lead to their studio being burried. Realistically spoken, what investor would want to invest in a studio that didn't even manage to achieve their major goals at all?
Last edited by Davik_Heragon on 18.02.2017, 13:00, edited 4 times in total.
Davik_Heragon

18.02.2017, 14:03

Davik_Heragon:
Indeed. They could still use (most of) the assets from Survarium while still maintaining that it is a different project (which is technically the truth). Scepticism is obligatory, but I cannot for the life of me think of anything else they could do in another project while leaving this one as it is and abandon entirely on Freeplay as a *concept*.

Unless they are Digitally Homicidal (Puns for days), abandoning Freeplay as a whole (in any shape, way or form) would lead to their studio being burried. Realistically spoken, what investor would want to invest in a studio that didn't even manage to achieve their major goals at all?

From Joe's comment in the .46 thread, we can see that they are increasing their portfolio; this most likely means they are attempting to lure in more investors. They aren't really starting on Freeplay yet, but they are most likely looking to expand their studio into doing so by showing investors more material.

As for the UE4 requirement, it is always possible that VG just modeled their engine from a SDK point of view after UE4.
colers25

18.02.2017, 14:30

Moving this thread to Campfire.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

19.02.2017, 22:07

cheki breki

21.02.2017, 01:31

so is this coming before HL3 or wat?
Ben_Dover

21.02.2017, 02:03

Ben_Dover:so is this coming before HL3 or wat?

Why do you want to troll the forum?
You may be aware that using an alt to circumvent a ban is a bannable offence.
Last edited by trouble_every_day on 21.02.2017, 02:26, edited 1 time in total.
trouble_every_day
Supermoderator

21.02.2017, 18:59

I'm not informed, but if they build Survarium on Unreal Engine 4, that is good news. Engine is really good, it's optimized, can support big areas, etc. And... I mean Vostok didn't made that best engine, mere ragdolls would improve game by unbelievable amounts, not to mention movement and overall performance, at patch .45 I experianced fps spikes, somethinmes things glitched out and such. While its ok for small arcade casual PRA PRA PRA... it limits game.

If the game is good and Survarium is just a "testing grounds" to gather information... and the original idea from all those years back is still alive... *realises that Survarium baits into nice "first 5 seconds design", "spray and pray borderline-gambling", "I wish this was a STALKER instead of COD", then leeches off of your hope... no no no, no thanks, not going to fall in another "I wish this was a STALKER" hole.
SMARCH

05.03.2017, 23:41

There are a lot of rumors going around. A few days ago there was a guy on one Survarium stream who claimed that he is a friend of a current/ex VG employee. He leaked a lot of inside stuff, but I'm not sure if they are true.

Here are some of them(left out some things):

- Survarium will be finished on Vostok Engine and Free play is coming after Co-op. (Not really a news, but for those waiting for it..that could be a reassurance)

- New Game Designer is open to listen to the constructive criticism

- There will be a new/different game mode for clan wars. It will have some sort of a round system to make it more balanced.

- Co-op will have bot players and mutants

- There will be a lot of new mechanics in PVP and pretty much everything will get reworked

- Part of the VG is working on a new project with Ruslan Didenko. Only thing that the guy knows about is that there will be vehicles in this game. That could be just objects or maybe you might be able to drive. That means that locations in this game are probably going to be big and should be happenning in modern times. That's probably why they need UE4 devs.

- There will be something similar to faction wars in For Honor.

- People complaining about cheaters are overreacting by 10 times. Lists of people that are banned are very low and people who used any kind of cheats got pretty much instantly auto banned

- There are currently 2 concepts for a new map

- There will be a new organisation. European/Western/NATO type of organisation.

- There was a concept of wildlings organisation. They would use self-made weapons. They would be religious fanatics (more than fringe settlers). However, it was just on paper and it won't happen probably.

- There might be a possibility for clans to invite friends who are not in clan in clan wars or some sort of alliances between clans.

All in all, take it with a grain of salt. It's unknown if any of it is true, however recording of this stream got deleted by the streamer.
Last edited by IceFox on 05.03.2017, 23:42, edited 1 time in total.
IceFox
Survivor

06.03.2017, 09:51

I have found something interesting.
Just look at the top right corner, it says "Unreal Engine".

Basically confirming that they are actively looking for UE4 devs.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRNbQXojSev/
Last edited by xXx_Didda For President_xXx on 06.03.2017, 09:52, edited 2 times in total.
xXx_Didda For President_xXx

06.03.2017, 15:45

We are looking for UE4 coders but it is not related to Survarium
joewillburn
Vostok Games

06.03.2017, 15:48

IceFox wrote:There are a lot of rumors going around. A few days ago there was a guy on one Survarium stream who claimed that he is a friend of a current/ex VG employee. He leaked a lot of inside stuff, but I'm not sure if they are true.

Here are some of them(left out some things):

- Survarium will be finished on Vostok Engine and Free play is coming after Co-op. (Not really a news, but for those waiting for it..that could be a reassurance)

- New Game Designer is open to listen to the constructive criticism

- There will be a new/different game mode for clan wars. It will have some sort of a round system to make it more balanced.

- Co-op will have bot players and mutants

- There will be a lot of new mechanics in PVP and pretty much everything will get reworked

- Part of the VG is working on a new project with Ruslan Didenko. Only thing that the guy knows about is that there will be vehicles in this game. That could be just objects or maybe you might be able to drive. That means that locations in this game are probably going to be big and should be happenning in modern times. That's probably why they need UE4 devs.

- There will be something similar to faction wars in For Honor.

- People complaining about cheaters are overreacting by 10 times. Lists of people that are banned are very low and people who used any kind of cheats got pretty much instantly auto banned

- There are currently 2 concepts for a new map

- There will be a new organisation. European/Western/NATO type of organisation.

- There was a concept of wildlings organisation. They would use self-made weapons. They would be religious fanatics (more than fringe settlers). However, it was just on paper and it won't happen probably.

- There might be a possibility for clans to invite friends who are not in clan in clan wars or some sort of alliances between clans.

All in all, take it with a grain of salt. It's unknown if any of it is true, however recording of this stream got deleted by the streamer.

I will give you an official response to each of the points you mentioned. But unfortunately we do not have time for it today. Hope you don't mind waiting until tomorrow.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

06.03.2017, 17:12

joewillburn:

I will give you an official response to each of the points you mentioned. But unfortunately we do not have time for it today. Hope you don't mind waiting until tomorrow.

That would be awesome. Thanks for doing that
IceFox
Survivor

07.03.2017, 00:07

Very interesting. We are waiting for answers.
Last edited by Huskу on 07.03.2017, 00:07, edited 1 time in total.
Huskу

07.03.2017, 00:47

The only really new or interesting thing is the part about the new project and vehicles, and I'm expecting that they don't want to talk about it just yet...

And maybe that new game mode for clan wars, but I expect it to be that "Seek’n’Destroy", the same plant the bomb everyone knows from CS.

Apart from that pretty much all of those points are something we're already aware of, even without insider information.
But it sure is nice to get a confirmation on these all, there has been rumors about the Mercenary faction for few years already and from what I remember the answer back then was "we plan to introduce more factions", so it's nice to hear if they haven't changed plans.

Tsjuder

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to Campfire Chat