Read Survarium 0.64 preview!

Discussion of the latest news and events related to Survarium.

08.07.2020, 16:10

Hi everyone! While working on Survarium 0.63 we concentrated on balancing, and in the upcoming update we want to address some of the community's concerns and suggestions. We will add new items, change certain game mechanics and update some descriptions so they are more clear and easier to understand by all players, both new and old. In addition, there will be a summer event in Survarium 0.64, which will bring unique decals and weapon camouflages as rewards.

Balaclavas for all Factions
For a long time the community asked to add balaclavas into the game, since those were present in early Survarium art even before the alpha version of the game was released. So, we'll do this in Survarium 0.64! To emphasize the visual style of each faction, we created four balaclava models: one hole, three holes, buff (neck gaiter) and kufiya. Guess which design is each faction getting!

Moreover, we are adding tactical glasses, and each balaclava will have two versions: with and without the glasses. Regardless, all balaclavas are tier 3 gear with corresponding stats, and can also be equipped into a visual character slot.

https://survarium.com/sites/default/files/news/p/survarium-064-buff-1920x1200.jpg

New Assault Rifle
Even though there's a lot of various weapons in Survarium, you always ask us to add something new. Among the most requested were Steyr AUG and FAMAS – both bullpup assault rifles. But since there's an obvious lack of French weapons in the game, our choice was simple. The Famas weapon will be available as tier 5 assault rifle.

https://survarium.com/sites/default/files/news/p/survarium-064-famas-1920x1080.jpg

Visual Improvement of Decals
Up to the version 0.63, decals in Survarium looked as images slapped over the character's clothes. At last, we decided to fix this and totally rework their appearance. Now decals really look like they have been embroidered and have corresponding structure. The majority of the decals in the game have been reworked, including flags.

You might not like it, but we also reduced the maximum possible size of decals: now you can't stretch them over the whole character body. There are a couple reasons for the change. Firstly, we believe that decals should not replace camouflages. Secondly, decals don't really look that good while being stretched too much.

https://survarium.com/sites/default/files/news/p/survarium-064-decals-1920x1200.jpg

Summer Heat in Survarium
Play Survarium during the event, gather event currency (symbols of herbs, fire and sun), and exchange them for a new decal and two weapons with unique camouflages and three random modifiers: Vepr "Summer Heat 2020" and VSK-94 "Summer Heat 2020". You will also receive another decal for the first win in a PvP-match during the event. We plan to launch the event at the very end of July, and it will most likely last for 10 days.

https://survarium.com/sites/default/files/news/p/survarium-064-vepr-summer-heat-1920x1200.jpg

Release Date and Other Changes
We are changing the way points are awarded in all PvP-modes, so the list of actions better corresponds to the goal of each mode. Aside from everything else, we added new actions that award points. For instance, you will now receive them for finishing an enemy's killstreak (eliminating an enemy who is currently on a killstreak). As an experiment, in Survarium 0.64 we will disable killcam and hit indicator in ranked matches. This change is only for the ranked battles, and this is another thing that was requested by the community.

We are also changing some gameplay mechanics. Say, now C-4 disappears when the character who placed it dies. These are only the most noticeable of the upcoming changes and improvements. We will post the full Survarium 0.64 change log before the update is released, which happens in the second half of July. So very soon you will be able to see the new weapon, balaclavas, updated decals, and other changes first hand.

Survarium DevTeam
Vostok Games

08.07.2020, 18:24

Famas! +1
Vive la france!
Angel_L1ke

08.07.2020, 21:15

Looks like the update introduces all the things that players desperately needed and what will shift the project to the next level of progress.
Ofc this all might appeal to the headless arcade shooter community, that doesn´t need any lore, only meat grind.
But it sure won´t appeal or bring back those, that had other expectations of this project.

Yay, more guns to grind with! Let´s go bash our heads!
RiotOfDoom
Survivor

09.07.2020, 01:44

Holy damn, finally some good news
From the photo it seems it is FAMAS G2

09.07.2020, 08:13

- Not stretching decals anymore is horrible news. seriously.
takes even more of needed individualization away! -.-
and they looked WAYYYYY better than a kaki-standard-trousers, so i REALLY cannot understand your argumentation.
In the zone ppl wouldnt cusotmize themselves to recognizable individuals?? .. come on.

- good is to try out the changes at ranked first though.

- new weapons, yes, i believe thats good, but as "riotofdoom" said...
nevertheless it seems you make some french players happy so has probably a good side as well.
SportR Ciri Julia

09.07.2020, 11:00

SportR Ciri Julia wrote:- Not stretching decals anymore is horrible news. seriously.
takes even more of needed individualization away! -.-
and they looked WAYYYYY better than a kaki-standard-trousers, so i REALLY cannot understand your argumentation.
In the zone ppl wouldnt cusotmize themselves to recognizable individuals?? .. come on.

You will still be able to stretch them, but there will be a limit. If you have played the STALKER games, they're doing this to the decals, so I can imagine how stretching them too much would make them look much worse now.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

09.07.2020, 16:31

Love every part of it except the C4 change, but I understand it. I'm super happy for the decals and balalcavas, good choices on them too. The weapon is fine, won't be my favorite, but I'm happy for the players who enjoy it!

Thank you for your hard work, god bless you and the survivors!
Hilmer-HUN

09.07.2020, 17:13

1-i wanna see significant re work for pve/team mission...such as roaming bots, re randomized stash locations, mutants and
available artifact for hard lvl with stronger/smarter bots.
2-balanced latency for asian player or add more server in asia
3-clan war otherwise just delete the clan.
by the way....this update is better than nothin. at least we know that the game is not dying...haha
Last edited by ACHTUNGBABY on 09.07.2020, 17:16, edited 2 times in total.

ACHTUNGBABY

10.07.2020, 04:01

at least 1 new rifle..not bad, i have no guts to ask for more contents, as VG will definitely say : we have no adequate resource to do more...........
bengkulu

23.07.2020, 18:41

12312412414:Holy damn, finally some good news
From the photo it seems it is FAMAS G2

Yes it' a FAMAS G2.
Braconnier

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to News