Survarium Patch 0.62 is Live. Play Now!

Discussion of the latest news and events related to Survarium.

05.03.2020, 14:17

Survarium Patch 0.62 with the new weapon camouflage system, rework of the "Knowledge of the Forest" skill tree, flashbang grenade, and various balance changes is now live!

Please find the complete list of changes of the Patch below. Have a good time playing the game!

Not playing Survarium yet?
Download the latest version of the game here!

The List of Changes in Survarium 0.62a

General Changes

- Spring artifact: passive effect value changed from -4% to -5%.
- Onyx artifact: passive effect value changed from -70% to -55%, active effect duration increased from 3 to 5 seconds.
- "Sweep" achievement: requirement value reduced from 90 to 50.
- "Aggressive explorers" achievement: requirement value reduced from 90 to 50.
- Introduced protection zones for player bases: when entering those zones opponents receive damage. The zones are active in Team Deathmatch and Research game modes. This feature will be tweaked based on your feedback.
- It's now possible to switch camouflages between weapons of the same model. When swapping a camo, you keep all installed modules and modifiers on the weapon. Bonuses of premium weapons are linked to a camo and are applied along with that camo.
- It's now possible to switch modules between weapons of the same model but with different camos for free. For instance, you can put modules from FN P90 to FN P90 "St. Patrick 2020".
- Camouflages are not sold separately and available only with weapons.

"Knowledge of the Forest" Skill Tree

- All skill points put into this skill tree are reset.
- "Adaptation" skill removed.
- "Resistance" skill bonuses changed from 1%...5% to 2%...10%.
- "Knowledge of artifacts" skill bonuses changed from 6%...30% to 5%...25%.
- "Mercy of the Forest" skill has a new value: 30 HP.
- "Anomalous Contact" skill moved to the third tier of the tree.
- "Neutralization" skill moved to the second tier of the tree. The skill now provides protection against anomalies (5%, 10%) when you have an artifact.
- "Forest Sense" skill moved to the fourth tier of the tree.
- "Artifact collector" skill added to the third tier of the tree. All artifacts collected in a match are automatically sold for silver at the end of the match.
- "Keeper of the artifacts" skill added to the fourth tier of the tree. A container is not needed to collect artifacts, but they are destroyed after 30 seconds. If you have a container, the skill does not work.
- "Spring II" skill added to the fifth tier of the tree. In passive mode the Spring also increases the speed of reloading and swapping weapons.
- "Sponge II" skill added to the fifth tier of the tree. Adds another charge for throwing (the Sponge can be used twice, but with a delay between throws).
- "Onyx II" skill added to the fifth tier of the tree. When activated, the Onyx also protects your character from increased headshot damage.
- "Larkspur II" skill added to the fifth tier of the tree. When activated, the Larkspur instantly restores 50 HP and energy.

Prematurely Ending Unbalanced Matches

- Introduced fucntionality of ending unbalanced matches prematurely, this will be tweaked based on your feedback. Matches will end prematurely in the following cases.
- More than half of the players on one of the teams left the match.
- The difference between the strength of teams is too big in Team Deathmatch and Slaughter modes.
- The reward for prematurely ended match is proportional to the duration of the match.

Game Locations

- Duga Radar Station: improved lighting in the tunnels.
- Mamayev Kurgan: it's no longer possible to reach certain spots allowing to see through objects.

Weapons and Equipment

- Introduced Flashbang grenade. It's available on the first equipment tier of the Scavengers faction.
- 9A-91: rate of fire increased from 700 to 750, effective distance increased from 35 to 40 meters.
- OTs-14 "Groza": rate of fire increased from 700 to 750.
- Neostead: damage increased from 210 to 220.
- Remington 870: damage increased from 220 to 230.
- Introduced decals with flags of the following countries: Wales, South Africa (RSA), Slovenia, Albania, Angola, Nigeria, Cuba.
- Introduced new camos for the premium versions of the following weapons: PP-91 "Kedr", Franchi SPAS-12, RPD, Fort-401, PKP "Pecheneg", Remington 870. Moreover, H&K MP7A1 "Legend II" also received a new camo. These camos will be automatically applied to the existing weapons.
- Improved textures and materials of all equipment in the game.
- It's no longer possible to install vertical grip on PKP "Pecheneg". Already installed modules were unbound and removed from the corresponding player weapons.
- Changed positions of collimators on several weapons.

Bug Fixes

- Added missing weapon swap sounds.

Download Survarium 0.62 and check it out! Hopefully you'll like the changes.

See you on the battlefield!
Last edited by Chandrian on 05.05.2020, 13:21, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Fixed an error in the "Mercy of the Forest" skill change.

Survarium DevTeam
Vostok Games

05.03.2020, 14:51

I think it's not my fault but PvE isn't working, can you check this?
Th3gBoy

05.03.2020, 17:27

Th3gBoy wrote:I think it's not my fault but PvE isn't working, can you check this?

Should be working now.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

05.03.2020, 18:08

I really like the changes! Thank you for your hard work and creativity, especially with the talents!
Hilmer_HUN

05.03.2020, 18:42

I am glad for every new update and thank you for that. :)

But I have a few things:
- Why am I forced to wait 30 seconds to throw Sponge a second time?
If I find a better artifact and want to replace the slot, but I can't because I have to wait long 30 seconds. :(
- I didn't notice that I had 10% faster reload when I had activated Spring II (and I have passively artefact)
And the reward is not so great, given that these skills can only be acquired at the highest level of skill tree
- FlashBang grenade should not display 100% white screen, it would be good to see at least a little clear outline of objects or something
- Protective Zone is a great idea, but please add protective zone also to Slaughter mode (maybe on a smaller scale)
Rebex

06.03.2020, 11:40

Slaughter mode needs NO protective zone, because the whole point of Slaughter is to rush. And if you'd be forced to stop rushing once you reach an enemy base and head back, what's the point?

Current setup is great: those who WANT protective zone play TDM, those who DON'T want protective zone play Slaughter. Solved.

Also: VG, big thanks for fixing eye relief for HK416, MSBS and AK-12!

One feedback: when I (supposedly) receive Silver for collecting artifacts through the new skill, it's not displayed anywhere. VG, please add "Silver received for artifacts" line to the "Personal" section of after-match statistics.
Last edited by Jano Msik on 06.03.2020, 11:48, edited 1 time in total.
Jano Msik

06.03.2020, 12:35

It appears you have nerfed movement speed/slowdown without notification in this update.My load outs are noticeably slower without me changing anything.This is a very underhand way to go about it and reflects poorly on vg and their ethics.

-Sidorovich-

06.03.2020, 13:45

Jano Msik:Slaughter mode needs NO protective zone, because the whole point of Slaughter is to rush. And if you'd be forced to stop rushing once you reach an enemy base and head back, what's the point?

Current setup is great: those who WANT protective zone play TDM, those who DON'T want protective zone play Slaughter. Solved.

Rather, I was referring to a specific map in Slaughter mode - CNPP Cooling Tower.
Where it often happens that the enemy throws smoke grenades at the spawn and then runs and killing all new spawn players with a meele damage. Pretty frustrating.

EDIT: Thanks for editing between throwing another sponge to 20 seconds from 30, it is much more comfortable :)
Last edited by Rebex on 06.03.2020, 14:33, edited 1 time in total.
Rebex

06.03.2020, 14:07

Jano Msik wrote:One feedback: when I (supposedly) receive Silver for collecting artifacts through the new skill, it's not displayed anywhere. VG, please add "Silver received for artifacts" line to the "Personal" section of after-match statistics.

This sum is not being shown in the UI as a separate entry for now. Devs will add it as a separate string if they have enough time.

-Sidorovich- wrote:It appears you have nerfed movement speed/slowdown without notification in this update.My load outs are noticeably slower without me changing anything.This is a very underhand way to go about it and reflects poorly on vg and their ethics.

This parameter was not changed. Please check that you have Tornado Energy drink active or that it's not bugged.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

07.03.2020, 02:09

Is the "Artifact collector" skill bugged? More than 15 artifact collected and only ~150 silver rewarded (when substracting rewards for kills).

Either each artifact only "sells" for like 10 silver - which is useless -, or there's a bug.
Jano Msik

07.03.2020, 08:33

There is a problem with the grip hinge of sr3m vikhr...i removed it because it was not upgrading so when i went back to put it on i cudnt find it although it is there in my modules list i cannot use it [to workshop and can be installed options are not there.] help pls....
Last edited by Viren on 07.03.2020, 08:49, edited 1 time in total.
Viren

07.03.2020, 09:15

I dont play any games except Survarium and Stalker [all 3 of them.] Currently im on 441.87 and prior i was on 440.97 and I did not notice any performance gain on both Survarium and Stalker even after updating the driver but i did it since fps limiter was officially introduced.

Now, I want to know whether updating gfx drivers regularly will be beneficial for my game play. Updating drivers is a pain in the butt procedure. So should i do it as often as possible, ie when a new driver shows up cos new drivers show up every now and then???
Viren

07.03.2020, 10:42

Jano Msik wrote:Is the "Artifact collector" skill bugged? More than 15 artifact collected and only ~150 silver rewarded (when substracting rewards for kills).

Silver for artefacts is counted towards "activity in match" on match results screen.
Viren wrote:There is a problem with the grip hinge of sr3m vikhr...

Known issue, most likely will be fixed during next week.
Viren wrote:Now, I want to know whether updating gfx drivers regularly will be beneficial for my game play.

Not really.

ivan_vg
Vostok Games

07.03.2020, 15:13

ivan_vg: I collected 17 artifacts and got 1 kill assist, and only received 90 silver in "Activity rewards".

That is less than 5 silver per 1 artifact collected.

Is that right? I invested 10,000 silver to reset my skill points to get "Artifact collector" skill hoping that I would make a fortune on artifacts, but if an artifact gets me less than 50 silver, it's useless :(

For a Tier3 skill, the silver received is very little. Could VG balance silver per artifact for the "Artifact collector" skill more generously? At least 50 silver per 1 artifact? Thanks!
Last edited by Jano Msik on 07.03.2020, 15:14, edited 1 time in total.
Jano Msik

07.03.2020, 15:25

The reward is 25-100 silver (depending on your equipment level) for each artifact. On match stats screen this gets counted towards "activity in match" like ivan_vg said, so it will be increased further if you have bonus from equipment/premium/victory. Works as long as you collect an artifact, even if you don't have a container.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

07.03.2020, 17:00

- The cooldown to throw the sponge for a second time should be stated in the skill tree
- Larkspur doesn't heal 50 points instantly, it heals 50 after the unnecessary waiting period that ruins artifacts. This should also be more clear in the skill tree
- Spring didnt seem to increase the reload speed, didn't test it enough to be sure though
Kube

08.03.2020, 00:42

Chandrian, then it's bugged. I've collected 10+ artifacts with Equipment LEvel 5and received only 53 silver for "Activity rewards".

I've received 241 silver for "Awards in battle", but given what you've written, with L5 Equipment I should have received 10x100=1000 silver.
Jano Msik

08.03.2020, 13:23

it would be better if VG put a static anomalous "device' at base instead of warning by text. or add kind of radio voice /Russian accent, warning not to get close to the base..
bengkulu

08.03.2020, 14:35

bengkulu wrote:it would be better if VG put a static anomalous "device' at base instead of warning by text. or add kind of radio voice /Russian accent, warning not to get close to the base..

Isn't it clear by the red zone on the minimap, the constant damage and the grey color palette when inside it?
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

08.03.2020, 18:29

If we use the collected artifact in-game will it still count???

The game doesn't ALT+TAB [minimize to desktop] properly as it used to earlier, whats up with that???

Also, Mods/Admins/Players which Nvidia driver version you guys find the best for survarium[specifically] in terms of performance and stability???

[Thanks ivan_vg for the prompt reply, request you to please fix the issue as soon as possible.]
Last edited by Viren on 08.03.2020, 18:38, edited 2 times in total.
Viren

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.

Return to News