Clan Wars: Discussion & Ideas

Here you can discuss the game in general and provide us your opinion or feedback on the project.

19.08.2019, 13:54

Hello everyone!

Currently we are discussing our plans for Clan Wars. Several ideas on how to implement them in our game. One option is to launch them on weekends while rating matches will be available on weekdays.

We invite you to discuss this topic and express what you'd like to see from the updated concept of Clan Wars, whether you are currently a member of the clan, what advantages you expect from being part of a clan, in addition to playing clan against the clan, etc.
Last edited by joewillburn on 19.09.2019, 12:16, edited 1 time in total.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

19.08.2019, 14:03

many people need to work on weekdays and can earn tokens only on weekends.
(kind of hard to earn them but thats another topic)
so this is a bad idea.

i expect all clanmembers of a winning clan to receive bonus exp+rep+parts+silver
players that took their place in those clanfights should get even more boni for example 5gold per day while beeing placement 1-2-3 with your clan +higher chance to upgrade an item +chance to drop an attachment.
Last edited by OneThreeOneTwo on 19.08.2019, 14:04, edited 1 time in total.
OneThreeOneTwo

19.08.2019, 14:17

Remove rating matches. As we all know, good player with high ELO will alwayse get bad teammates and it will be almost impossible for him to win. Even if he is top player in 10 matches, what that meant if he still gain nothing when lose. And as VG sad itself, team need to win, individual performance meant nothing. So, if that so then make possible for team, clan to play and win tokens. Why would anyone, espacily good players play few matches and make losses in row with bad teammates, lose nerves and time when it will be much more better to play with own team, clan. Wasn't that point of clan, to play with clan mates? If you don't aggree then remove clans.
M4rk0

19.08.2019, 14:18

Something truly unique rewards(like armor set or gun) we dont need silver,xp,rep or any that stuff when we have maxed out everything years ago well gold is always welcome.

timo-53800

19.08.2019, 14:38

Would be cool if each clan had 'sub groups' for each tier. If you have clan members that want to participate in low tier clan wars then these players would be put in the tier 1 sub group for example. The players that participated in that tier would get tokens based on the clan sub group they were in, and what final rank that sub group achieved. I understand that it's a player base issue, so you probably only want 1-2 sub groups.

If clan wars are to reward participants with tokens, then you'd want to add more items to trade for the tokens. Boosters, armour 'camouflages', temporary/permanent stash maps, various rarity modules etc..
Daemorth

19.08.2019, 14:42

I suggest bigger change of how game rooms should be chosen, with clan wars included.

I suggest to leave matchmaking idea and create a server list, LIKE IN OTHER GAMES, where players can create their own game room, choose game modes, maps, some other limmitation etc. INCLUDING clan war mode.

In my opinion, it should partly solve problem of long MM time, because players would see every game on server. Of course, I know it would need a lot of time and work to create, but as we don't have clan wars at all and problems with MM and League are still present, I think it is the best time to make some big system changes.
Marcus-Polonus

19.08.2019, 14:48

One tiny little feature that I hope the new clanwars system will have is the timeout option. A team would be able to call a timeout for the duration of 1 minute and 1 per match if enough teammates vote. This timeout would only apply between rounds and you should be able to ask for one before the round starts.

For situations like blue screens of death, lost connection, game crashes, afk or just as a tactical timeout.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

19.08.2019, 14:50

Time:
Clan wars should be played at established hours. A weekend is a good idea, but there are also people for whom the weekend is also a time of work or study. Most online players are from 17:00 to 22:00 CET time (steam charts statistics). I would think about these hours.

Number of players:
Currently, 6 to 8 players in one team can participate in ranked matches. It should be the same in Clan Wars, but the problem may be finding a team with the same number of people at a given time. That's why I think there should be some information that at the moment some clan is looking for a match and how many members they have (To gather the same number of players).

Flags:
A nice idea would be to add flags to both solo ranked and clan wars. Players would choose a flag for themselves and their clan. If a clan did not represent a country, it could give the flag of the European Union for example (as a European clan). It is always an additional motivation to rivalry and take a better place in the ranking.

Clan level:
We can reach level 20 of the clan, but there are no benefits except for clan slots. There should be some small boosters for higher levels. For example, such as on decals (few % more spare parts/exp/reputation etc.).

Clan ELO:
After several matches, the clan should have a specific skill level (something like ELO points), but not for better matchmaking. There are too few clans in Survarium to work like solo rankeds. The point is, for example, that a very good clan gets less points for winning with a weaker clan than with similar.

Awards:
In my opinion, it would be a nice to reward everyone. Depending on how many points they have scored. Then everyone would like to be in a clan and play clan wars. You can then reward clans by looking at % of best players.
For example:
- Best prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
- Awards for the best 10% (except 3 first places)
- Awards for the best 25%
- Awards for clans above average rank (50% or higher)
- Awards for rest of clans (consolation prizes)

It can be tokens, silver, spare parts ... everything. Gold for the best players, and for those 10% or 20% red or violet attachments.

It would be good if for each clan wars participant after the end of the season there was some decoration for participating in the fight. Depending on the reached rank or the same for everyone. Every little thing is an additional motivation. And a souvenir (same as top 100 decal, which should be given for every single player who reached top 100 in any season).

Game modes:
In my opinion, the clan should be able to choose or ban one game mode and one map. Or more. It doesn't matter much in solo matches. But in premade team fights it matters. This is important in a game like CS. Some games also ban characters (only in ranked matches). That is why I think that you should seriously consider my proposal.

Tournaments:
You can organize tournaments in the future. But first make sure that the clan wars system itself works correctly.
Albi

19.08.2019, 14:54

M4rk0:Remove rating matches.

clan wars instead of ranked matches is the way to go. league is lottery, nothing more. depending on wich team u join u gonna win or lose. average players just get carried, while low players destroy it with feeding and ignoring obj.

clan wars should not be available only during weekends. there might be two options to introduce clan wars:

option1:
clan wars as league system, wich lasts always a month and leaderbord - kind of ladder-climbing. a win brings u a step forward while a loss throws u a step back.

option2:
independent clan wars, always available. as soon as u set up a team of 8 players ready u are able to challenge any other team who set up 8 players and hit ready
apfelmu2

19.08.2019, 14:57

Finally!

1. Make it 5v5 Search & Destroy or Team Deathmatch.
- S&D the most communication and skill needed
- TDM most common and classic mode.
- In perfect world you should add option to choose which of those modes we want to play. Random modes and random maps are not super fine.

2. Only on weekends starting from friday is fine, however why not allow both? Ranked Solo and Ranked Clan?
- One is ok for solo players, second is better for teams. More options give more players interesting things to do. Which in turn could attract more players into the game.

3. Make CLAN DAILY or WEEKLY or MONTHLY QUESTs.
- for example "make 500 kills as a clan", "win 10 clan wars".

4. Give us PRACTICE ROOMS, so we can invite other clan for sparing matches.

5. Rewards - 1 tokken for 1 win + extra tokkens for HIGH LADDER PLACING at the end of the month.

These are my few cents. Can't wait for CLAN WARS to happen.

Oczy Pantery

19.08.2019, 16:02

- 6v6 not more players (or 5v5)
- anticipate that there will be an exploit regarding clans... There will be attempts to make MegaClans (attract many "good" players and force through clan wars)

happy shooter

19.08.2019, 16:30

happy shooter:- 6v6 not more players (or 5v5)
- anticipate that there will be an exploit regarding clans... There will be attempts to make MegaClans (attract many "good" players and force through clan wars)

+1
M4rk0

19.08.2019, 17:17

if ranked was search & destroy only, both ranked and clan wars could overlap without problem of players dividing too much.

- players who want to compete in the other, less competitive gamemodes could play clan wars or pvp
- ranked matchmaking would work faster
- ranked would be less luck based and more skill based.
- no need to alternate between ranked / clan wars.
HazeCake

19.08.2019, 17:34

HazeCake:if ranked was search & destroy only, both ranked and clan wars could overlap without problem of players dividing too much.

- players who want to compete in the other, less competitive gamemodes could play clan wars or pvp
- ranked matchmaking would work faster
- ranked would be less luck based and more skill based.
- no need to alternate between ranked / clan wars.

This mode in this game is joke. Maps are not balanced and ready to be clan wars ranked only game mode for S&D. It's not even ready to be solo queue ranked. Every map in this mode has good and weak spawn spots. Enviroment elements are not balanced and randomly scattered around the map. And you want it to be the only game mod for clan wars. Mercy.. Please..
Last edited by Albi on 19.08.2019, 17:34, edited 1 time in total.
Albi

19.08.2019, 19:09

Albi:This mode in this game is joke. Maps are not balanced and ready to be clan wars

totally agree. i love this game mode but VG didnt get it correctly.
apfelmu2

19.08.2019, 19:55

- Deffinitly 5v5 matches.
- tokens as a reward sounds good or some unique camouflages for weapons, armors and unique decals
- it's a nice idea about flags

but the most I want to is to reballance all maps before you implement clanwars
Last edited by MathiasPL on 19.08.2019, 19:56, edited 1 time in total.
MathiasPL

20.08.2019, 01:29

Is there any consideration given to prevent Clanwars becoming the domain of >3000 ELO players?
Because who wants to play with the scrubs when the other Clan will just wipe the floor with you?

I would like to propose the ability to either play "Open" or "Limited".
Perhaps to allow a bunch of players with ELO 800-2000 to fight together.

I don't think it should be a sliding scale to prevent manipulation (ie eliminate a few select high level players) - so a hard limit to ensure that 1200 ELO players can participate in Clan Wars as well.
Whatever this number would be I don't know, it would have to be set somewhere near 2000-2500 I think.
trouble_every_day
Supermoderator

20.08.2019, 08:29

trouble_every_day:I would like to propose the ability to either play "Open" or "Limited".
Perhaps to allow a bunch of players with ELO 800-2000 to fight together.

independent clan wars, always available. as soon as u set up a team of X players ready u are able to challenge any other team who set up X players and hit ready
apfelmu2

20.08.2019, 15:57

i was thinking if it possible that every clan have kinda a id card ( an image with a story of there clan). that id card is visible in the home screen. the idea behind that it to have kind of lor to very clan but also for every clan that win a battle they will have the id card of that clan but this system restart every solstice for example or at the end of the war clan.

the id card can be free or for gold like special designed or something cosmetic.

well it just an idea ... what do you thing survivors ?
AKIRA7666

20.08.2019, 23:17

AKIRA7666:i was thinking if it possible that every clan have kinda a id card ( an image with a story of there clan). that id card is visible in the home screen. the idea behind that it to have kind of lor to very clan but also for every clan that win a battle they will have the id card of that clan but this system restart every solstice for example or at the end of the war clan.

the id card can be free or for gold like special designed or something cosmetic.

well it just an idea ... what do you thing survivors ?

+1 yeah let us create our emblems and upload them to the game and wear them in our clothes!! i think clan wars should replace the league, that can give more meaning to the use of a clan, i think it should allow each participant clan to assemble a full team of 6 to 8 players,another good idea is to let the players vote for the map and the game mode in the loading screeen, another way to make things better is like a pop up message saying that there s a team waiting for a clan match!!! i think clan wars is a go!! keep it up with this and make survarium great again xD
Andras-Lonewolf

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to Game Discussion