Developers Respond to Community Feedback (Part 2)

Here you can discuss the game in general and provide us your opinion or feedback on the project.

25.04.2019, 15:57

Hi everyone,

Today we bring you part two of our feedback feature with the developers. This will be the second of three parts. We hope you enjoy the read and please feel free to leave any comments. If you missed part 1 just click this link: Part 1

23. In Survarium, "Telescopic zoom" scopes can be installed on Assault rifles. Their zoom can be x3/x6 or x4/x8. But in lots of games, due to balance reasons (see R6:Siege, BF 4 or PUBG), max zoom on ARs is x4, and higher zoom like x6, x8 or even x16 is reserved to Designated Marksman Rifles (SVD, M14...) and Sniper Rifles (SV-98, M82...). ACOG, Leupold MK4, Zenit Hyperion, SpecterDR and such should be x3 and x4 on Assault Rifles in Survarium... But DMRs and SRs would still have the option to switch to x6 or x8 on those scopes. This would be a very easy to implement solution to the problem where ARs (see A-545, AK-12, Scar-H) outgun DMRs thanks to accurate single-fire mode, very low recoil, very high bullet velocity, very low dispersion, considerable damage per shot even at long range and fast rate of fire.

Maybe it’s worth reviewing such a proposal. But it’s not clear how that could be done with minimal impact: simply prohibiting higher zoom scopes on Assault Rifles and leave those in the inventory could lead to a situation when they become useless to the player, since he is not a fan of DMRs or Sniper rifles and bought the scopes for the sake of Assault Rifles specifically. As for me, the problem of high zoom on Assault Rifles isn’t a critical issue any more. I don’t see many players complain at least. We will be resolving the question of recoil, we already can see much less players with 4X and Assault Rifles.

24. A lot of players would like to choose what rewards do they get on the 6th and 7th day. They’d like to choose between a permanent stash map, a permanent access key for PvE stashes, 1-day premium account, 20 gold or a random quality module.

To enable choosing the reward for 7th consecutive day of login is possible, but I don’t think worth doing. We should run a poll on it.

25. The respawn protection seems to work this way in the game: 2-3 seconds of immunity after respawning in TDM/Slaughter, but it gets removed instantly if you start shooting. And in the rest of the modes/maps it's area based (meaning that you're protected inside your base). Many players do not know this and think that there’s no respawn protection at all (except there is and it can be used to your advantage by just moving without shooting, for example), so maybe add this as a TIP to the loading screen.

3 seconds on spawn and removing once you start shooting – that’s the way it should work.

26. A lot of players don’t know that the Stash Maps you can get from Team Missions and Daily Quests are permanent, so they think that the only chance to get an Ultra-Rare weapon from Treasure Hunt is the 2 temporary stash maps that you get every week, against up to 15 possible rolls. This one tiny little detail that makes
them think the game is P2W or “rigged”. It would be as easy as making the Treasure Hunt description longer when you put your mouse cursor on the Stash maps that you have.

It’s the first time I hear the players don’t understand it’s a paid stash map. Possibly we should add in the hint that it’s a permanent stash map that won't disappear.

27. Weapon skins instead of weapons. In the end, most event weapons are just different skins for a weapon that we already have, so people have asked for them to be changed to skins instead of to different versions, as like this they need to use Spare parts and new modules to perfect them.

The system of skins instead of the same weapons with different skins sounds great, but it’s a gigantic task to implement.

28. Looking for a ranked match or a S&D mode match with a squad. People want to play in the same match, even if in Ranked matches and S&D it’s not possible to squad up, so they have asked to be allowed to look for a match together and don’t mind to be put in different teams.

Squads in ranked matches will be disabled. Squads in Search and Destroy – we can enable that.

29. Chat improvements. Be able to use the Private Message feature in a match or be able to see squad text or clan text messages from someone who’s in the lobby or playing a different match. For example, for situations like, “I see your match has just started, will you play another one after? If so, do you want to squad up?”.

This is a very good idea to make the lobby chats visible in match.

30. An option to be able to choose the chat channel language when in the lobby has been asked for quite a while. EN, ES, DE, RU and so on, at least all the available languages this game is translated to. For example, Polish clans tell me that they can’t even recruit new players from Poland, because they don’t know who is Polish on English chat. This problem could be solved by just putting a flag next to a player’s nick in the lobby or in the match, for example, I’ve seen it in many sim racing games and it's a nice feature that's not used in other games. Yes, players have the possibility to buy flag decals, but not everyone will do this and not everyone will have them equipped.

Adding new chat channels would probably makes no sense, but adding flags against the player nicks in chat could be cool.

31. Be able to play “training with bots” in a squad, to practice or test stuff like damage, range, artifacts, headshot multipliers, grenade spots... Stuff that you cannot do against bots. Self-explanatory.

Training with bots is a local match, so can’t be played in squad unfortunately.

32. Visibility of Workshop and module improvement windows. A lot of new players do not know that these exist and they also don’t seem to know that weapons can be modified, and when they do find this out, they think that modules are only available for gold or that their slots need to be unlocked by using gold (there is a warning message and a kill counter, but it looks like they're not clear enough).

Here it’s the same issue as with the context menus.

33. A lot of new players complain about having a hard time ransacking any sights for their weapons, while having to play against well equipped users who use magnification scopes too. The suggestion of adding the most basic modules to the shop for Silver has been noted many times. Other have ransacked scopes but have a hard time finding a “dovetail bracket”.

Adding module packs available with silver would be possible.

34. More control options, for example “sensitivity while aiming” and “sensitivity when aiming with different magnification scopes” (one setting for each: x3, x4, x6 and so on). More User Interface options, such as icon visibility/size while aiming, both for teammates or enemy markers, capture points, batteries.

Advanced settings of the mouse sensitivity is a good idea (while aiming, in various zooms etc, PUBG for example). As for changing the size of the icon depending on the aiming zoom – we already have it change dynamically depending on the distance.

35. Premium account timer. Many online games count Premium time as your playtime these days, so instead of 24 hours of one day it’s 24 hours of playtime. As nobody is capable of playing 24 hours every single day, many Premium hours are wasted. Like this, people might buy Premium less often, but they probably would be inclined to buy more once it’s gone.

I’m not sure this is a good idea, but will think about that.

36. Random matchmaking option. All modes ticked, +25% to Exp/rep/silver/spare parts gain. This will make matchmaking faster at late night or on empty servers.

We had a similar experience when we gave additional reward for non-popular modes – it didn’t prove to be very successful at the time. Maybe it would work now.

37. It would be great if players could preview armor/pants camouflages before buying them. If you click a camo/decal you don’t have purchased, it doesn’t equip it to show a preview but instead asks you to purchase it. If I want to buy a camouflage or a decal but I don’t know how will it look on my character gear, I won’t buy it. You’re losing potential buyers here. Let us preview it in the lobby just like you let us preview modules or character faces we don’t have yet.

Previewing decals hardly makes much sense from my point of view. However improving the decals rendering to make those more crisp and saturated would be reasonable.

38. A lot of clans stopped playing after 0.55 patch. Not because of 1 tier (this supposedly was going to be one of the greatest patches in a long while, because we all wanted it). They quit because of the new rebalance and overall game mechanics changes. For example, 3 of the biggest Polish clans decided to leave, because everything they hated is now in game: one-shot snipers sitting in the bushes impossible to detect from afar, campers in every corner. This would not be a problem, but the fact is, that TTK (time to kill) is too short to even react. 90-95% of fights are won by the player who aimed earlier than the opponent. That’s why the players quit: After the update, it’s not the skill that counts anymore, but the place where you are sitting and waiting for the enemy.

We are still seeking the best balance here. Be confident we’ll keep analyzing and following the players’ feedback to improve on those aspects.

39. Too many mines and traps can be placed on the map at the same time, at least on S&D mode. This makes the game even slower and more frustrating, as sometimes you can find 2 C4 and 4 mines on one artifact container point in S&D mode.

As you know we introduced the technical skills tree, so scanners and mines should no longer be of a big issue. Perhaps we should reduce the quantity of those to 1 per player.

40. Movement inaccuracy or penalty need to be implemented if Sniper rifles like VSSK are to be left as powerful as they are in 0.58, it’s too easy to use them. There's no penalty to shooting immediately after a sprint. That or they need to deal a bit less damage to strongest armors (Zubr cannot tank VSSK shots most of the time, imagine M82 that has way more damage) or their zoom speed needs to be MUCH slower. To add to the wound, there has been a reload glitch for a long while now thanks to which you can shoot bolt-action and semi-auto Sniper Rifles much faster.

Increasing aim time to sniper rifles – you got my support for that. Maybe the same with Assault Rifles too.

41. Fixing map balance. How a lot seem to be spawn-campable. A suggestion to try help prevent it is In MP mode in BF your screen grays out if you get inside the enemy spawn and will die if you're there for more than 5 seconds. People have asked me a few times why can't something like that be added to SRV to prevent spawn raping or enemies camping inside your spawn building?

We could try implementing that logic for TDM, Slaughter and Research modes. However the Battery Retrieval and Search & Destroy would not fit due to the planting spots are near the bases.

42. In the past it was possible to choose the ammo quantity for the main weapon and for the secondary. We don’t know why was this feature removed, but it was pretty useful in some cases, for example: 100 bullets of TOZ-122, SV-98, R700 are not needed, but it would be nice to have more than 3 magazines for the pistol (which sometimes can even be automatic). The same goes for SMG and Shotgun ammo, I might want to have more than 1 magazine of a 33-rounds Glock-17 (special version) instead of 300 for a P90 or a 100 for TOZ-34.

The slider on weapons used to confuse players more than provide them with variations what to choose and how to distribute.
Last edited by joewillburn on 02.06.2019, 12:32, edited 1 time in total.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

25.04.2019, 16:27

I am wondering... have you been interviewing a robot or a politician?
jule

25.04.2019, 16:54

jule:I am wondering... have you been interviewing a robot or a politician?

a robot politician
UnknownPlayer666

25.04.2019, 17:31

jule wrote:I am wondering... have you been interviewing a robot or a politician?

UnknownPlayer666 wrote:
a robot politician

If you like, I won't publish part three? The main point of this is not only to see that the developers read your suggestions but actually take the time to consider their impact on the game and reply to them. If that isn't good enough for you, kindly give me some feedback and let me know what you would prefer.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

25.04.2019, 17:41

I wonder if there is a plan to fix nades going under ground. It happened to me yesterday several times.
Tanatloc

25.04.2019, 18:16

Tanatloc wrote:I wonder if there is a plan to fix nades going under ground. It happened to me yesterday several times.

Do you have a match id and timestamps of this? When a nade or any other advanced supply disappears it's because you reached your limit of how many you can have deployed at the same time (which equals to how many you have equipped). This is to prevent spam, not a bug.
Last edited by Chandrian on 25.04.2019, 22:32, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: typos
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

25.04.2019, 18:39

Chandrian, the Ground eats TONS of my nades. i wont open a ticket because it really happens every single game at least once.

in 15minutes of Slaughter i probably throw arround 60+/- nades.

i would say 10% of my nades fall through the Ground.

Maybe depending on map, some Maps less and some Maps lose more nades.

Edit: Maybe depending on throwing angle aswell.
Edit2: Slaughter seem ok'ish, but it is really sad to lose those grenades in a Rating match.
Last edited by OneThreeOneTwo on 25.04.2019, 18:41, edited 2 times in total.
OneThreeOneTwo

25.04.2019, 18:43

joewillburn:
If you like, I won't publish part three? The main point of this is not only to see that the developers read your suggestions but actually take the time to consider their impact on the game and reply to them. If that isn't good enough for you, kindly give me some feedback and let me know what you would prefer.

Don't get me wrong, it's good that devs try to speak with the community but some of these answers are pure water.

question #25: the question is about how spawn protection can confuse some players and specifies if a TIP on loading screen can be implemented. The answer is vague and doesn't answer the main point of the question.

question #27: "weapons with different skins sounds great, but it’s a gigantic task to implement." So are they thinking about it/working on it/it's not a priority/or the idea is entirely abandoned ? Again, it's too vague.

question #28: is probably outdated at this point (?) since squad in S&D are allowed and in ranked were never implemented, so there's nothing to disable...

question #32: "Here it’s the same issue as with the context menus." _________ Sooooooooo, what do you think ? o_O Any ideas how to deal with the issue ?

question #35: "I’m not sure this is a good idea, but will think about that." _________ Some explanation on why this might be a bad idea would be welcome to understand the thought process of the dev.

question #37: "Previewing decals hardly makes much sense from my point of view." _________ ^ Again, some explanation. The suggestion to preview decals and camos is completely reasonable.

My main gripe with such answers is that there is practically no concrete info, everything is vague and emits uncertainty. And I completely understand why there is such caution with what VG choose to disclose about their work and plans (getting burned with roadmaps severely) but can you please reconsider such roadmaps and shed light on long term work ? (insight on, let's say, next 3 months would be enough). I'm sure that simple "Dear community, we remind you that these plans are a subject to change and can be altered or cancelled entirely in the future" in the end will do the work.
UnknownPlayer666

25.04.2019, 21:47

joewillburn:

Oh sorry, I do appreciate your work, because it's interesting to know what's being asked by the players. I used the word 'robot' because many of the answers sound like the respondent actually doesn't really care and just wants to quickly argument the question's point away. Just look at how long the questions are and how short the answers are. It doesn't show much respect, neither to the askers nor to Survarium itself. No vision, no demand, no interest, no ideas. No spirit. The rest was already perfectly explained by UnknownPlayer666.

question #31: Yes training with bots is done locally - ok. But the question is, whether there should be a possibility to play it with squad mates. Maybe by making it... non-local? Or implementing something completely different? The point wasn't "training with bots", the point was being able to play with squad mates to quickly test stuff / experiment with the damage system / etc.

question #23: So, high zoom on assault rifles is not a critical issue anymore (*sigh*)...? Then why did someone actually ask the question? Probably it still IS an issue.

question #25: "... that's the way it should work". Good night!^^
jule

25.04.2019, 22:23

OneThreeOneTwo wrote:Chandrian, the Ground eats TONS of my nades. i wont open a ticket because it really happens every single game at least once.

in 15minutes of Slaughter i probably throw arround 60+/- nades.

i would say 10% of my nades fall through the Ground.

Maybe depending on map, some Maps less and some Maps lose more nades.

Edit: Maybe depending on throwing angle aswell.
Edit2: Slaughter seem ok'ish, but it is really sad to lose those grenades in a Rating match.

I explained to you why it happens, you're welcome to read it again. Once you know why it happens, you should be able to distinguish a bug from a spam-preventing feature. The days where the ground would eat the grenades are long gone.

Equip 2 smokes. Go to the shooting ground. Throw both. Resupply fast and throw a 3rd one. The 1st smoke will disappear as soon as you press your throwing key because your limit is 2. Throw a 4th one and the 3rd one that you just threw will disappear.

Equip 1 smoke. Go to the shooting ground. Throw it. Resupply fast and throw a 2nd one. Your 1st smoke will disappear as soon as you press your throwing key because your limit is now 1.

This applies to absolutely everything. Ammo boxes, sensors, mines, you name it.

If you won't bother to even note down match IDs to check this apparent bug ("in this match ID it happened 809 times"), it won't get fixed because they don't know what to look for.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

25.04.2019, 23:28

Those are different things.

Sometimes grenades or throwing sensors go below the ground.
Last edited by Zappa Frank on 25.04.2019, 23:29, edited 1 time in total.

Zappa Frank

26.04.2019, 00:20

Am i hot Air to you? You talk to me like im a Little child or disabled or something.

unfortunatly These days are not "Long gone", they are live and real.

Tons of nades fall through the Ground. Im not Talking About spam-prevention, im Talking About the bug.

i'd say its probably 1-3% of all nades i throw. (not 10 like i mentioned in my first comment)

And i see other People having the same Problem.
OneThreeOneTwo

26.04.2019, 06:21

OneThreeOneTwo wrote:Tons of nades fall through the Ground.

OneThreeOneTwo wrote:i'd say its probably 1-3% of all nades i throw.

1% to 3% qualifies as tons?
joewillburn
Vostok Games

26.04.2019, 10:30

Yes. I was talking about single grenade or smoke falling under ground. If I remember well it happened when they were thrown while I was crouching. I'll try to provide timestamps and match IDs.
Tanatloc

26.04.2019, 10:39

6000 Players everyday throw probably 100.000 nades
so 1000-3000 grenades are probably a ton yes

and crouching is not the main reason, sometimes they bounce and fall after the second contact
OneThreeOneTwo

26.04.2019, 16:32

In addition to the grenade glitch:

We are NOT talking about the EFFECT of the grenade (like smoke) to disappear, what Chandrian is referring to in his post.
Thanks anyways for that info at this point.

Our issue is that the actually GRENADE that is thrown somehow falls straight through the ground (when it is happening to me I am still able to hear it detonade). You're also able to watch the little "friendly grenade" symbol going straight down.

I already submitted a ticket explaining my issue, but it was closed because I didnt reply within 72 hours (notification mail went into spam mail section. My fault, should have checked it.) and I havent found the time yet to submit another one. There you should find a match ID with time stamp when it happened to me.

Ticket ID is: XDE-334-41810

I hope you can retrieve my ticket and watch for yourselves. If not, I also have saved timestamps where it happened two times in a row when trying to get rid of an enemy Claymore placed behind a corner on tarakanowski.

Bretzelbub

28.04.2019, 16:39

The grenades eated by the ground is an issue since.... years.
Same for instant disapear of smoke.

Try the middle of the school map in slaughter, at least 10% of my nades fall under the map...

@Chandrian :
"Equip 2 smokes. Go to the shooting ground. Throw both. Resupply fast and throw a 3rd one. The 1st smoke will disappear as soon as you press your throwing key because your limit is 2. Throw a 4th one and the 3rd one that you just threw will disappear."

It happen too if you have 2 smoke nades without respawn.
You throw the first, it does smoke, you throw the second, the smoke of the first instantly disapear. No need to respawn.
And it happen something like half of the time. And it's really not fun.
Last edited by ike07 on 28.04.2019, 18:18, edited 5 times in total.
ike07

29.04.2019, 10:02

Hi.

Problem. Several of my weapon modules have disappeared.
I haven't used them yet.
Last time I wanted to install AKMSU but I can't find it.

Since the last update, my weapon modules disappear.

thx.
Last edited by zoley69 on 29.04.2019, 10:22, edited 1 time in total.
zoley69

04.05.2019, 21:20

joewillburn:

Pls don't do that..publish part three....would like to know their opinions it might help us to see the bigger picture..like whats going to come in future etc
ÏÑÐÏÀN_ŠNÌPÈR

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to Game Discussion