Bans for Using Third-Party Software

Discussion of the latest news and events related to Survarium.

09.04.2019, 06:59

Chandrian:
I would advise not using Nvidia Inspector at all because it's not official software. Limit your fps with Riva Tuner (comes with MSI Afterburner), which is just a monitoring software and is not bannable.

That said, I asked Support and they told me that this can be checked, write us the steps of how you use Inspector to limit your fps.

Just an unrelated (maybe noob) question, why would you limit fps? Does it really improve the performance of the game?

I believe I have an option in the Radeon settings for limiting fps though...is Riva Tuner a better option?
wllayco

09.04.2019, 07:44

All i know is that if i activate vsync in radeon settings, i have 60 fps but a lot of tearing in survarium.
And without it, i'm at 120/200 fps and no tearing.

It should be the contrary.

Maybe i should activate vsync in the game directly.
Last edited by ike07 on 09.04.2019, 07:45, edited 2 times in total.
ike07

09.04.2019, 08:01

ike07 wrote:All i know is that if i activate vsync in radeon settings, i have 60 fps but a lot of tearing in survarium.
And without it, i'm at 120/200 fps and no tearing.

It should be the contrary.

Maybe i should activate vsync in the game directly.

It should be the contrary. So that is strange. But I activate in-game. And it works well for me. So I recommend that too.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

09.04.2019, 08:30

wllayco:

Just an unrelated (maybe noob) question, why would you limit fps? Does it really improve the performance of the game?

Limiting fps to your refresh rate removes screen tearing and, personally for me, makes the game much smoother (since the frame time is constant more or less). High fps just doesn't feel like "high" for me here for some reason, 100 fps feels more like 59 fps.
UnknownPlayer666

09.04.2019, 08:31

wllayco wrote:Just an unrelated (maybe noob) question, why would you limit fps? Does it really improve the performance of the game?

Some players limit them for better frametimes (this means more stable FPS, less stuttering) or less screen tearing (if the refresh rate is synchronized with your FPS) or so the GPU doesn't heat that much, but yes, usually the more FPS you have - the better, because you'll be seeing a fresher image sooner even on 60Hz monitors. And that's an advantage that can even help you reduce situations where you're hindered due to high ping.
wllayco wrote:I believe I have an option in the Radeon settings for limiting fps though...is Riva Tuner a better option?

Yes, Radeon control panel does have this option while Nvidia control panel doesn't. Riva Tuner is a good alternative if Radeon doesn't seem to work (I used to have issues with this on my old RX 480) and the other way around.
Last edited by Chandrian on 09.04.2019, 08:32, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: typos
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

09.04.2019, 08:37

Chandrian:
Some players limit them for better frametimes (this means more stable FPS, less stuttering) or less screen tearing (if the refresh rate is synchronized with your FPS) or so the GPU doesn't heat that much, but yes, usually the more FPS you have - the better, because you'll be seeing a fresher image sooner even on 60Hz monitors. And that's an advantage that can even help you reduce situations where you're hindered due to high ping.

Yes, Radeon control panel does have this option while Nvidia control panel doesn't. Riva Tuner is a good alternative if Radeon doesn't seem to work (I used to have issues with this on my old RX 480) and the other way around.

Thanks for the reply Chandrian. I will test it and see if my game performs better with limited fps.
wllayco

09.04.2019, 09:32

joewillburn:

It should be the contrary. So that is strange. But I activate in-game. And it works well for me. So I recommend that too.

Hi, i've activated it in the game directly and it work perfectly. No tearing, and my graphic card is really more silent.
And, i don't know how to explain it in english, but i find it better for my eyes too, the display is more "fluid".
Last edited by ike07 on 09.04.2019, 09:39, edited 4 times in total.
ike07

09.04.2019, 11:47

ike07 wrote:
Hi, i've activated it in the game directly and it work perfectly. No tearing, and my graphic card is really more silent.
And, i don't know how to explain it in english, but i find it better for my eyes too, the display is more "fluid".

I'm glad you have experienced an improvement. Enjoy it!
joewillburn
Vostok Games

09.04.2019, 22:41

joewillburn:

V-Sync should NOT be enabled if you tend to play games where reaction time is important. V-Sync adds input lag because it delays frames from being shown on screen, making the time, between when you do something and when it appears on screen, much longer (50ms+). Try to move mouse fast left-right while ingame with and without V-Sync... You will see the difference...
Choose tearing over lag :)

happy shooter

10.04.2019, 07:57

happy shooter:

V-Sync should NOT be enabled if you tend to play games where reaction time is important. V-Sync adds input lag because it delays frames from being shown on screen, making the time, between when you do something and when it appears on screen, much longer (50ms+). Try to move mouse fast left-right while ingame with and without V-Sync... You will see the difference...
Choose tearing over lag :)

There is an option to "reduce input lag" in game settings (probably the only game where we have such an option) and it works perfectly, no input lag whatsoever.
Last edited by UnknownPlayer666 on 10.04.2019, 08:04, edited 1 time in total.
UnknownPlayer666

10.04.2019, 15:03

Hi,

I saw a strange line in the user.cfg file about the lag reduction.
minimaze_input_lag

It should be
minimize_input_lag

Maybe i'm wrong, maybe it's not important, but i've submit a ticket.
Last edited by ike07 on 10.04.2019, 16:48, edited 3 times in total.
ike07

11.04.2019, 08:15

UnknownPlayer666:

There is an option to "reduce input lag" in game settings (probably the only game where we have such an option) and it works perfectly, no input lag whatsoever.

Do you know what is the option 'limit upload speed' for, when you check the 'reduce input lag' box?
wllayco

11.04.2019, 12:55

wllayco wrote:
Do you know what is the option 'limit upload speed' for, when you check the 'reduce input lag' box?

If you have torrent seeding enabled.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

11.04.2019, 13:15

joewillburn:

If you have torrent seeding enabled.

Ah alright, thanks Joe!
wllayco

16.04.2019, 16:12

Chandrian:...

ivan_vg:@...

Sorry for bothering (both of) You with this, but i have to ask some things.

nVidia Inspector users will be banned if they use that program to "cheat". Thumbs up!

* That is a big step into the right direction from VG, that's why i started to reinstall the game now. *

But here is my question 1.: What about SonicRadar users?
VG planned to ban SR users too? That is ultimate cheat, that is almost (just almost) same as any wallhack...
With that, you can aim/shoot players through walls, obstacles, etc... And you can inform your teammates about enemies' positions too! ULTIMATE TACTICAL ADVANTAGE! And simply "unspottable", because the SonicRadar user do not "cheat with his own hand"...
But tactically, that kills the game...

Question 2.: Mouse macros planned to be banned? Because it affects the game seriously! How? Simple... Via the upgrades and more.
There are "recoil" upgrades, "recoil" attachments, etc...
But with macros, you can decrease your recoil, so the macro users can upgrade their weapons (and armour parts) to something else...
So, macro users has 4 upgrades!
And they can use attachments with other advantages!

Question 3.: Is VG planning to implement "Votekick" option into the game? Sometimes it seriously needed... (for example i loose a slaughter mode game with 76/21 K/D, because of 1-2 teammates who are "running pointless"...

Question 4.: Is VG planning to implement latency lock? Not too fun to play with/against 2-3-4-500 ping players.

Thanks for the answer, and sorry for the questions. You can delete my post any time, i can accept it without any bad feelings, i'm just curious, nothing more!
_ChE4ty_Br3Eki_

16.04.2019, 17:53

_ChE4ty_Br3Eki_ wrote:But here is my question 1.: What about SonicRadar users?
VG planned to ban SR users too? That is ultimate cheat, that is almost (just almost) same as any wallhack...
With that, you can aim/shoot players through walls, obstacles, etc... And you can inform your teammates about enemies' positions too! ULTIMATE TACTICAL ADVANTAGE! And simply "unspottable", because the SonicRadar user do not "cheat with his own hand"...
But tactically, that kills the game...

Sonic Radar is a known program by the devs and is not being banned because so far no one has shown (with a video) that it gives an advantage in Survarium.

_ChE4ty_Br3Eki_ wrote:Question 3.: Is VG planning to implement "Votekick" option into the game? Sometimes it seriously needed... (for example i loose a slaughter mode game with 76/21 K/D, because of 1-2 teammates who are "running pointless"...

I'd like to have this feature too, but know nothing about it being a possibility to be implemented in the future.

_ChE4ty_Br3Eki_ wrote:Question 4.: Is VG planning to implement latency lock? Not too fun to play with/against 2-3-4-500 ping players.

It hasn't been proven that these users have an advantage. In fact when we tell the people to go play with a high ping instead of with their normal low ping they suddenly realize they'd better stay with their low ping.
Last edited by Chandrian on 16.04.2019, 22:07, edited 2 times in total.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

16.04.2019, 18:37

Hi,

Sonic radar is not banned ? Oo

Why they don't want to ban it ?
Do they think that players use it for anything else that cheating ?
What other use of sonic radar could we do ?

Are they so afraid of loosing players ?

Valve ban the players that use it ? Valve devs are stupid ?
Btw, if sonic radar is not used in survarium, where is the problem to block it ?
ike07

16.04.2019, 18:47

ike07 wrote:Why they don't want to ban it ?

I have explained in my post why.
Last edited by Chandrian on 16.04.2019, 19:09, edited 1 time in total.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

16.04.2019, 21:52

Big thank you Chandrian.

At the moment i cannot make a video about SonicRadar in Survarium, because now i have no the right MB with this feature. But i will do one after buying a new PC (planned to buy one in 2019 Q3-Q4) - if i will not forget :D
_ChE4ty_Br3Eki_

17.04.2019, 15:10

Chandrian:
It hasn't been proven that these users have an advantage. In fact when we tell the people to go play with a high ping instead of with their normal low ping they suddenly realize they'd better stay with their low ping.

its well known that high ping players have a distinct advantage. server adjusts a bit late their actions making them unpredictable. when shooting a high pinger, bullets seem to NOT register because high delay and server adjustments place them in a different spot then the one u shoot at. furthermore, server adjustments result in sudden turns left/right like bouncing against a rubber wall, or impossible change of direction - monkey movements etc etc. the higher the ping, the more bullets u need to bring a high ping player down and thats why they seem to be "immortals".
while I do agree that quality game play for high ping players is bad, they still do have a distinct advantage over other players that IMO count to 70 75% of their overall result at the end of the match
cheers
Chandrian:
I have explained in my post why.

man, please a bit more careful one stating something like this. Sonic Radar is forbidden and players using it r perma banned. they were banned in past for using SR. I know about several instances. VG policy about SR is clear and not debatable. a bit of research before man coz its dangerous
kisses
Last edited by Chandrian on 17.04.2019, 15:52, edited 6 times in total.
Reason: double-posting
da_capo

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.

Return to News