Survarium Patch 0.57 is Live. Play Now!

Discussion of the latest news and events related to Survarium.

09.03.2019, 06:55

hello, i have a pair of suggestions and some feedback to give
#1 something must be done with the ELO system, because the veteran players end up in unending queque times, my idea is to make a stomping ground for the newcomers until some level, so they can ger up and get some skills and get ready to go for real, because at least in usa server theres not enough players with high elo to play with, i ve been seeking match for more than half hour and it suck, i think the level of the players and the elo dont mean the new players or players with low elo can t face higher level players and still do good. i ve tried with my friends few days ago, we were 9, we selected one game mode and one server and ended all spreaded in different matches and one squad waiting for more than 20 minutes, PLEASE FIX THAT
#2 i see the guns all the same, if you look to the stats theres not much weapons that shine between all the arsenal in game, and that forces players to be using the same guns all the time to be competitive, i feel the way guns went this time is a bit much arcade, and the 4x scopes on AR s still broken and very VERY annoying, i remember the time when each gun has its own personality and play style, now they look so flat all the same damage the same rof and so on, is boring.
#3 allow players to do bigger squads, most of the time, i end up fighting my fellow clan mates, and i wish we could play all in the same team. i think clan wars can be done because there s a lot of clans in the game keep that in mind, maybe you should make a clans league instead the league we have now, that would encourage players to stick with their clan mates and have a good time and the competition will be a LOT more fun for everyone
Well i think thats all, i see the game is coming back to life, but the MATCHMAKING NEEDS A FIX
keep up the good work VG
Andras-Lonewolf

09.03.2019, 09:18

improved smoke... really?

https://imgur.com/MzlqM1n
https://imgur.com/XhjREB9

RTX2080....
Last edited by Chandrian on 10.03.2019, 02:16, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged posts.
Keza

09.03.2019, 11:04

I think when they say improved smoke, they are referring only to smoke grenades.
But the static fog and smoke on that map does need fixing, as it can give an unfair advantage
Scaramanga

09.03.2019, 13:28

But this never looked this bad. Depth is incorrect lighting is wrong, lighting even changes when you move.
The coloring is weird. I do not have this at all in other games, like Td1, TD2 alpha/beta, eft, exodus, etc
Keza

09.03.2019, 14:30

AMD drivers are the problem? I have GTX 970 and it doesn't look like this for me.
Tanatloc

09.03.2019, 14:49

Keza wrote:improved smoke... really?

If you re-read the patch notes, you'll see that they refer to smoke grenade particles, not overall smoke/fog effects for maps like Mamayev or Rudnya.

Keza wrote:But this never looked this bad. Depth is incorrect lighting is wrong, lighting even changes when you move.
The coloring is weird.

It has, it has always looked like this.

Merged topics
Last edited by Chandrian on 10.03.2019, 02:16, edited 1 time in total.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

10.03.2019, 13:16

Chandrian:
It's one thing to recover some mode that already existed but needed improving, and another entirely different to bring you something that wasn't even there to begin with. I can't tell you what happened behind doors between 2013 and now, only that VG is now self-funded and no longer have investors who, I suppose, had their own ideas for the game if they were providing them the money. This info is publicly available, it can be found <a href="https://survarium.pro/info/messages" class="postlink.

It´s a sad story, but it doesn´t bother me nor the other players who wanted to get what we were promised. The team should suck it up and finally start investing the money from the survarium shop into development of freeplay. This is my opinion. They could also try to talk to Gregorovych and ask him for cooperation. They would do a big favor to the whole stalker and survarium community
RiotOfDoom
Survivor

10.03.2019, 15:12

RiotOfDoom:
It´s a sad story, but it doesn´t bother me nor the other players who wanted to get what we were promised. The team should suck it up and finally start investing the money from the survarium shop into development of freeplay. This is my opinion. They could also try to talk to Gregorovych and ask him for cooperation. They would do a big favor to the whole stalker and survarium community

Yes! :-)
@Joe can you talk to your VG fellows about this idea?
jule

11.03.2019, 06:33

RiotOfDoom wrote:The team should suck it up and finally start investing the money from the survarium shop into development of freeplay.

The money earned from the shop is for the development team's salary. It is what keeps development (and the game) alive.

jule wrote: They could also try to talk to Gregorovych and ask him for cooperation. They would do a big favor to the whole stalker and survarium community

Talk to him about what exactly? Sergiy is busy racing motorcycles. Which is his personal choice.

jule wrote:@Joe can you talk to your VG fellows about this idea?

Sure, I can talk to the guys but about what exactly? The suggestion above isn't really explaining anything, nor is it very realistic.
Last edited by joewillburn on 11.03.2019, 06:33, edited 1 time in total.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

11.03.2019, 12:40

joewillburn:
Talk to him about what exactly? Sergiy is busy racing motorcycles. Which is his personal choice.

Did you miss the news?
He´s back in business again.

This project won´t have a future without a freeplay mode. I bet 50 bucks. You can forward this also to the dev team
Last edited by RiotOfDoom on 11.03.2019, 12:48, edited 1 time in total.
RiotOfDoom
Survivor

11.03.2019, 13:13

RiotOfDoom wrote:Did you miss the news?

He is just the owner of GSC. He is not actively involved in game development. Besides S2 is not even in development yet. Still concept document stage. Anyway, this thread is not about other games. So let's keep to the topic at hand.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

11.03.2019, 14:43

joewillburn:Besides S2 is not even in development yet. Still concept document stage.

Perfect. Then it is not too late to talk about a cooperation, right? :)

Well I don't know what @RiotOfDoom was thinking about, but I can tell you how I interpreted it. It's about VG and GSC working together. Using both VG's experience they gained over the years and the stuff they developed (e.g. Vostok Engine and game assets like models of weapons and clothes). Combine VG's tools and expertise with the ideas and vision of Stalker 2 / GSC's game designers. And I guess nobody really cares if you finally call it Stalker, Survarium, Freeplay or Banana - if it's good.

And even if it hurts me saying it, I also am afraid of Survarium's future - if it has one. Right now the game is in a catastrophic state IMO. I know that all you people are working hard, giving the best. This makes it even harder for me to write this, but the game is currently almost unplayable for me. Not because of technical issues or something like that. But because it is boring and frustrating. Sorry.
jule

11.03.2019, 15:34

jule wrote:But because it is boring and frustrating.

Please leave feedback about this, in this thread. If you keep it to yourself, we can't guess. And if more users express their complaints about weapon, team balancing or game performance issues, they'll be heard sooner.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

11.03.2019, 16:15

Chandrian:
Please leave feedback about this, in this thread. If you keep it to yourself, we can't guess. And if more users express their complaints about weapon, team balancing or game performance issues, they'll be heard sooner.

Nah, my point was the cooperation thingy. And Survarium's future was only supposed to be an argument why this suggestion should not be ignored. Elaborating this would just end up in 100 useless lines of text that nobody wants to read ;)
jule

11.03.2019, 16:49

jule wrote:Nah, my point was the cooperation thingy. And Survarium's future was only supposed to be an argument why this suggestion should not be ignored. Elaborating this would just end up in 100 useless lines of text that nobody wants to read ;)

From the team: GSC is responsible for S.T.A.L.K.E.R., while our team is busy with our own projects which remain our priority.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

11.03.2019, 16:58

joewillburn:
From the team: GSC is responsible for S.T.A.L.K.E.R., while our team is busy with our own projects which remain our priority.

Hm.. ok. It was worth a try. Thank you for the reply :-)
jule

12.03.2019, 04:15

Andras-Lonewolf:hello, i have a pair of suggestions and some feedback to give
#1 something must be done with the ELO system, because the veteran players end up in unending queque times, my idea is to make a stomping ground for the newcomers until some level, so they can ger up and get some skills and get ready to go for real, because at least in usa server theres not enough players with high elo to play with, i ve been seeking match for more than half hour and it suck, i think the level of the players and the elo dont mean the new players or players with low elo can t face higher level players and still do good. i ve tried with my friends few days ago, we were 9, we selected one game mode and one server and ended all spreaded in different matches and one squad waiting for more than 20 minutes, PLEASE FIX THAT
#2 i see the guns all the same, if you look to the stats theres not much weapons that shine between all the arsenal in game, and that forces players to be using the same guns all the time to be competitive, i feel the way guns went this time is a bit much arcade, and the 4x scopes on AR s still broken and very VERY annoying, i remember the time when each gun has its own personality and play style, now they look so flat all the same damage the same rof and so on, is boring.
#3 allow players to do bigger squads, most of the time, i end up fighting my fellow clan mates, and i wish we could play all in the same team. i think clan wars can be done because there s a lot of clans in the game keep that in mind, maybe you should make a clans league instead the league we have now, that would encourage players to stick with their clan mates and have a good time and the competition will be a LOT more fun for everyone
Well i think thats all, i see the game is coming back to life, but the MATCHMAKING NEEDS A FIX
keep up the good work VG

Thanks for ignoring me xD
Andras-Lonewolf

12.03.2019, 07:40

Andras-Lonewolf wrote:Thanks for ignoring me xD

The devs see all the feedback and reports, if they don’t acknowledge it doesn’t mean they don’t see it.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

16.03.2019, 19:49

We're moving to the Update 0.58 thread. Post any comments, feedback and suggestions there.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16363

Closed.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.

Return to News