Survarium 0.57 Preview

Discussion of the latest news and events related to Survarium.

10.02.2019, 13:20

I'd rather accuracy penalty while moving and short time after. It should depend on weapon type.
Tanatloc

11.02.2019, 10:14

Reducing assault rifle distance is stupid. IRL, this class of weapons is the most universally and widely used for a great number of reasons.

The Last Chance is unrealistic, stupid, dangerous to the allies, and highly frustrating for the adversaries.

Capacitor M2 is unrealistic and stupid.

Experienced Sapper is fine.

Metal Detector is stupid.

Jagged Edges is fine.

I do not approve such an update. It will break the fragile balance that was established.
Rudnev

11.02.2019, 12:42

Rudnev:Reducing assault rifle distance is stupid. IRL, this class of weapons is the most universally and widely used for a great number of reasons.

The Last Chance is unrealistic, stupid, dangerous to the allies, and highly frustrating for the adversaries.

Capacitor M2 is unrealistic and stupid.

Experienced Sapper is fine.

Metal Detector is stupid.

Jagged Edges is fine.

I do not approve such an update. It will break the fragile balance that was established.

In 0.56 we have 3 skill-trees. The First tree requires 40 points to max it out, second one 39 and 3rd one 39 too. That's a total of 118 points. Sure, if you're level 100 and have max Prestige level in every Faction (which means you had to play A LOT since when this feature was implemented), you'll be able to get all of them.

The thing is that the Preview shows that Technical skill-tree will have skills that will require 59 points alone to max them all out, and at least 5 points spent in each section to unlock the next one. Which means that to put at least one point into Last Chance, Capacitor M2 or Radiolocator (a skill that hasn't been mentioned in the preview so you don't know yet what will it do) you'll need to spend 20 points just to unlock the tier they are in.

So, these skills will be one of the last, which in itself, means that not everyone will have them or will have to sacrifice points from other, useful skills. In addition, there will be PTS testing, and VG will read our feedback and make changes.
Last edited by Chandrian on 11.02.2019, 12:45, edited 1 time in total.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

11.02.2019, 13:44

Chandrian:

So, the top-tier players will have even more ways to gain an advantage? Imagine some "not-a-cheater" who can see the mines, collect artifacts from a distance, and drops a grenade after death, -- what kind of a gameplay will that be? Down with that.
Rudnev

11.02.2019, 16:18

I don't if it is possible but concerning PVE when you play it solo it would be nice to have no limit of time.
William-g

11.02.2019, 20:20

Rudnev:

So, the top-tier players will have even more ways to gain an advantage? Imagine some "not-a-cheater" who can see the mines, collect artifacts from a distance, and drops a grenade after death, -- what kind of a gameplay will that be? Down with that.

Top tier players are always going to have an advantage in this respect, it is their reward for playing for a long time and unlocking things
Scaramanga

12.02.2019, 09:45

now, every noob is gonna complain about mines being useless. they cant get "free" kills anymore. their feelings r hurt...game is hard again...omg devs give them a bazooka to perform better in matches.
its disrespect to use mines against players, knowing they cant do anything to avoid them. I stopped using mines years ago, one I completed achievement just to show respect to other players. all of u using mines, disrespecting all the others, just go play another game

same applies to sniper rifles users also. they destroy every bit of fun in matches.

on a very serious note.

VG 5 YEARS AND U STILL DIDNT FIX THE DAMN SNIPERS!!!!!!!!!!!! 5 YEARS
WHY U BROUGHT BACK MINES AND DAMN CLAYMORE WITH LAST UPDATE???????????????
Ill never ever understand u
so first u add mines and then u add sensors to render some of them useless. plus u destroy tactical gameplay with ur idiotic sensors and stupid red dots. and u implement metal detectors to render mines completely useless....
WHY implement mines in the first place???!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
5 years and still u wont fix the damn snipers...finally 2 years ago u added some penalty when using snipers and removed the OHK. players were SIMPLY BEGINNING YOU TO ADD PENALTY AND REMOVE OHK TO SNIPERS. and NOW AGAIN u added OHK and NO PENALTY
where is Kube to explain u, how much he loves snipers?!??!?!
Last edited by trouble_every_day on 17.02.2019, 01:00, edited 6 times in total.
Reason: 3.1,3.2
da_capo

12.02.2019, 09:53

Rudnev:

why would u choose mines, if u know players in most cases cant avoid them???? why would show disrespect to other fair players???? and now u complain because u cant destroy what fun was left in this game??? u complain because u wanna be unfair to other players???!?!
ofc sniper rifles r ur favorite weapons...am I right??? anything u can do to get easy kills and damage quality game play
go play another game
Last edited by trouble_every_day on 17.02.2019, 00:58, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: 3.1,3.2
da_capo

12.02.2019, 10:40

Metal Detector. Enemy traps, mines, C-4 and grenades are highlighted in radius (meters). More points in the skill increase the radius.

Jagged Edges. Traps, mines and C-4 always cause bleeding

do u guys see the contradiction here?!
da_capo

12.02.2019, 17:13

Most things looks great for the update, finally tech tree yey, more customization greatness mmm, but some tech skills might get veeery annoying + last chance drop grenade? Most fights you will get hurt and then a grenade will kill you for many/most encounters it sounds like. Imagine doing tarakanovsky fort and close combat - kill enemy but die from grenade over and over lol, even more annoying than mines. My only other complaint is that time to kill and time to die are waay to short, i hope this will change in future.. :(
Shroomcar

13.02.2019, 12:34

Just don't add martydoom like perk please (cod4mw's marty perk)

13.02.2019, 13:06

12312412414:Just don't add martydoom like perk please (cod4mw's marty perk)

There was no friendly fire in CoD and this one will only active if you have any grenades left :D But yeah, it was a lame perk to use.
Last edited by Chandrian on 13.02.2019, 13:07, edited 1 time in total.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

13.02.2019, 19:37

da_capo:
why would u choose mines, if u know players in most cases cant avoid them???? why would show disrespect to other fair players???? and now u complain because u cant destroy what fun was left in this game??? u complain because u wanna be unfair to other players???!?!
ofc sniper rifles r ur favorite weapons...am I right??? anything u can do to get easy kills and damage quality game play

Stop crying about people using something different. Your opinion isn't the holy grail.
Also expect VG throwing balance off for another time by like completely randomly changing weapon statistics.
There are so many games out there with a good weapon balance, I'm stunned VG can't manage to do it.
Last edited by trouble_every_day on 17.02.2019, 01:01, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quote edited
Dauerfeuer Ungeheuer

13.02.2019, 21:47

Dauerfeuer Ungeheuer:
Why don't you leave and play another game? Stop crying about people using something different. Your opinion isn't the holy grail.
Also expect VG throwing balance off for another time by like completely randomly changing weapon statistics.
There are so many games out there with a good weapon balance, I'm stunned VG can't manage to do it.

I wonder why all these snowflakes like u use the word "cry" when relating to other ppl. Its not crying, its stating. Furthermore, my statement was a replay to someone complainig about mines getting useless because no more easy kills.
And its not about using different items. Its about some players using whats unfair to have some advantage like mines, sensors, light armor/ smg mix, snipers. I honestly have nothing against those items as long as they r balanced. And now u wonder why this game will never get better...fault is in community also
And no worries, im just stating. I do perform really well in matches. Im kinda immortal to many players and it shouldnt be like this
Last edited by da_capo on 13.02.2019, 21:48, edited 1 time in total.
da_capo

14.02.2019, 10:52

da_capo:
I wonder why all these snowflakes like u use the word "cry" when relating to other ppl. Its not crying, its stating. Furthermore, my statement was a replay to someone complainig about mines getting useless because no more easy kills.
And its not about using different items. Its about some players using whats unfair to have some advantage like mines, sensors, light armor/ smg mix, snipers. I honestly have nothing against those items as long as they r balanced. And now u wonder why this game will never get better...fault is in community also
And no worries, im just stating. I do perform really well in matches. Im kinda immortal to many players and it shouldnt be like this

You cry. Period. You act like a snowflake because your feelings are hurt. You want something special. You want no mines, no snipers. Noone stops you from using them. Noone stops you from being aware of your enviroment. Noone stops you from not rushing spots where mines are common. Noone stops you from learning the maps and hotspots where mines are layed out. If you die more than one to a mine in the same spot, you are failing. If the opponent manages to lay them out in good spots and catch you off multiple times, it is skill. It is not that easy to get them around the map and get a load of kills with them.
Oh, and you cry. You cry about mines being cheap kills, disrespecting and people using them being lame snipers.
There is nothing there that objectively states something, it is just your opinion on the matter in the form of crying and disrespecting people who play differently.
Tell me where this is "stating":
da_capo:now, every noob is gonna complain about mines being useless.

da_capo:their feelings r hurt...game is hard again...omg devs give them a bazooka to perform better in matches.

Also. I love the fact you cry about snipers, yet use one yourself.
https://puu.sh/CM3oY/d889148130.png
Last edited by trouble_every_day on 17.02.2019, 01:06, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: 3.2 thread cleanup
Dauerfeuer Ungeheuer

14.02.2019, 14:12

Dauerfeuer Ungeheuer:

I care to much about this game to "cry" on any issue. Im only state what I found to be inappropriate just because I want those issues fixed. Ive been discussing snipers and mines + light armor/smg mix for years. I did the same with other issues like power zubr or OP Onyx, delay - CHEATING *cough cough (I know someone who used to cheat) etc etc. insisting on some issue doesnt mean "crying". people "cry" when they dont perform well but I do perform very very well so its not a matter of crying. Im 4000 ELO....
that sniper u found on one of my profile is just for daily missions, once a month maybe, few kills. I change it as soon as I do the mission. if u see any match I played with sniper more then a round within the last 2 or so years - apart from sniper achievement - I ll stop playing this game. u have my word. but the trouble u went through to check my profile :))))
Last edited by trouble_every_day on 17.02.2019, 00:53, edited 8 times in total.
Reason: 3.2
da_capo

15.02.2019, 11:33

Insisting on issues is not crying. Being bad and insisting on issues is not crying. Most of VG devs are bad at the game. Are they crying when they change stuff and balance the game? I doubt.
Crying is calling people names, insulting them, calling them disrespectful and flaming devs when they do not do not something you want them to do.
Your Elo means nothing. Being good doesn't give you immunity from being wrong. Lazerhawk was a good player. So was Cheaptrix. Oh wait...

Also, Yes I posted a screen of your sniper. See? Noone cares. Because noone has OCD about a game element unlike you.

And to be honest, I did intend to trigger you and troll you a bit. And it worked out. Still triy to explain why you are wrong, even though you will never care to understand it.
Last edited by trouble_every_day on 17.02.2019, 00:55, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: 3.2
Dauerfeuer Ungeheuer

16.02.2019, 16:28

Сви остали, напасите се гузних длака...

happy shooter

16.02.2019, 17:31

joewillburn: assault rifles are still very popular across all tiers of equipment

I don't know if that is only me or is it bad judgement... (which now persist for years). Trying to make Survarium a competitive shooter just doesn't work. It is survival game, not e-sports title hence the focus should be on getting most powerful weapon which can be sustainable (I will come back to this) and just wipe the floor with the enemies.

Assault rifles are popular, because they are assault rifles. They effective at killing people and they made for assault, kind of the best "all around" weapon. So.... yes they should be popular as primary weapons - that is the purpose. If you look at any conflict and any armed group assault rifles will always be choice for 90% of action. If you going to face armed enemy assault rifle is the main choice.

Other types of primary weapons albeit niche (or lets say special purpose) are sniper rifles (long range) and shotguns (close range)... Sub-machine guns and pistols are secondary weapons, again should not be as popular as assault rifles. They are more of law enforcement weapons somebody uses in circumstances where meeting armed enemy is unlikely, so carrying full size assault rifle would simply be unpractical. The secondary weapons kind of forms their own niche as a special purpose weapon e.g. while reloading or in close combat (inside building). So to expect everyone to use wide variety of weapons is simply unrealistic..

Now going back to what I mention "sustainability", assault weapons are great, but they should be more expensive to maintain and to get ammo for. Sub-machines uses mostly pistol rounds which makes them more sustainable in long run. The issue in Survarium is not weapon balance, but "the economy"... Without economical considerations everyone will always choose best performing weapon - end of story. If you actually fix economy to make maintenance more expensive and ammo scarcer that would realistically balance the choice. Yes VSSK would destroy everyone in the field, but if 1 bullet is 1000rub and you only have 10 per round then it may not be as advantageous as having UZI with 10 mags of rounds instead.

What you doing by all your balancing ... you just make game unrealistic. As it is not e-sport title there are literally no upsides for it. If you make weapons realistic instead and balance them by economy without making game P2W it would make much more sense. Nobody can argue with realistic weapon specs... so the whole "iterative balancing and improvement" discussion would be irrelevant and would end there and then.
afGan+

17.02.2019, 01:11

Cleaned, somewhat.
Please keep the conversation civil and keep in mind Forum Rules 3.1 and 3.2.
trouble_every_day
Supermoderator

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to News