Read: Survarium Update 0.56 Preview

Discussion of the latest news and events related to Survarium.

11.12.2018, 19:06

Christmas and the New Year are just around the corner, and for this Holiday Season wed like to introduce something unusual to Survarium.

Faction Challenge Holiday Event

Players often point out that Survarium does not offer a lot in terms of competition between different factions. Basically, your faction only determines a list of equipment available for purchase. Hopefully, this event will be a stepping stone to introducing more competitive formats between factions.

In the course of the event which will last for the whole Holiday Season you will earn reputation for your favorite faction (you can also switch sides if you wish). Reputation can be earned as usual by participating in any PvP-matches, but only reputation earned during specific hours will be counted towards event progress. We will publish the schedule of these battles right before the event goes live, which will be soon after Survarium 0.56 goes live.

The faction to receive the most reputation wins. Their reward will be a new weapon which we will add to the faction in one of the upcoming updates (likely version 0.57). Also when the Faction Challenge event is over, traders of the winner will offer a discount on all their wares. To make the loss a little less bitter, traders of the other factions will also have a discount, but it will be smaller.

Most importantly, every faction will offer personal rewards for their supporters! You will be able to get those rewards by gaining a certain amount of reputation with corresponding factions, and there will be weapons with unique camos (kudos to John Rivian for the concepts) among those rewards. So, whether you get each of the personal rewards or not, depends on your own performance during the event. You can even get all the rewards from all the factions, but it wont be an easy task. And then again, there is a general reward based on what faction wins in the event!

Reputation System Rework
But what will players with the maximum level of reputation do since they cannot earn more? No problem! In Survarium 0.56 we are introducing prestige levels which you will earn after reaching level 5 reputation with a faction. Each prestige requires 150.000 reputation and awards you with a skill point. Thanks to this you will be able to get enough skill points to fully unlock all 3 skill trees!

But that is not all! So you can unlock new factions equipment faster, we are reducing the amount of required reputation almost by two times! Now you need 360.000 reputation for the maximum rank, and when Survarium 0.56 goes live this will change to 200.000. Naturally, we will not reset your reputation, so if you have reached the highest rank in any faction, you will automatically receive Prestige 1 in that faction (along with a skill point)!

Team Mission Improvements
After the introduction of single matchmaking tier in Survarium Update 0.55 team missions were left unchanged, and in Survarium 0.56 we are fixing that. Now there will be only 3 difficulty levels in PvE regardless of equipment tier. The higher the difficulty, the higher the reward (theres a chance to get premium equipment on the hardest setting), and you are not longer constrained by equipment tier. Are you bold enough to try the highest difficulty in tier 1 equipment? No problem. But it wont be easy.

Access keys will also work differently. When Survarium 0.56 is live, you can play team missions without an entrance fee (including locking spots when you want to play solo or duo), but all stashes you find will be available to you for free only once per day. On subsequent playthroughs you will receive only 3 stashes, and will be able to unlock the rest by using an access key. The cost of reroll is left as is.

These changes are to ensure you can participate in team missions without having to play in PvP, and also so you can more easily find companions for team missions.

Renderer Improvements and Other Changes
In addition to everything mentioned above, Survarium 0.56 introduces a lot of other smaller changes. We are bringing back the static anomaly to Tarakanovsky fort, fixing flickering campfires and a few other issues of the new graphics renderer. We are also introducing penalties for abandoning matches and improving matchmaking for players with very high Elo rankings: these people will only be matched against players of similar skill. Changes are also affecting game locations: we are fixing exploits allowing to shoot through objects. Additionally, you will receive 20 gold for 7 day login streak.

These are only a part of whats to come. We will publish a full list of changes in Survarium 0.56 before the update is released in the second half of December.
Last edited by joewillburn on 20.12.2018, 17:13, edited 1 time in total.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

11.12.2018, 19:15

Cool, but we also need more Christmas camouflages, like this one:

https://jbzdy.pl/obr/868840/witam

But I think changes in PVE aren't that good. Right now the only reason to play it is to farm boxes, limiting this possibility will reduce popularity of this mode.

And the idea about reputation is awesome :D

yaji

11.12.2018, 19:36

I can't believe my eyes, finally new faction? I hope that this faction will add new and interesting weapons (please stg-44 and mp-40)
Also i like the camo on H&k MP7A1

11.12.2018, 19:45

r u kidding me??? static anomalies???! this would be a major decision that will bring back lots of old players. and everyone else will love this...
just, careful how u position those static anomalies and if u can make them change position across the map, its even better. strategic positioning is very important
this would get me back in game. Ive been waiting a lot to see static anomalies back in game. and maybe, just maybe if u can make recoil a bit harder to control. and maybe, just maybe u can balance usage of iron sights, collimators and scopes
anyway, best news since ever.
lets see
Last edited by da_capo on 11.12.2018, 19:45, edited 1 time in total.
da_capo

11.12.2018, 19:45

Good, but when i asked for factions war (or matches), and i've done it several times since years, all the forum jumped on my head, telling that it's a stupid idea.
So, even if i'm very happy about this new type of matches, i'm not sure that it will be liked so much.
Last edited by ike07 on 11.12.2018, 19:47, edited 2 times in total.
ike07

11.12.2018, 19:50

ike07:Good, but when i asked for factions war (or matches), and i've done it several times in the last years, all the forum jumped on my head, telling that it's a stupid idea.
So, even if i'm very happy about this new type of matches, i'm not sure that it will be liked so much.

For the other things, my english is not good enough to understand all :/

relax about faction wars. other things r much more important. balance maps first, a bit or rework for weapons and armor and then we can speak about faction wars.
I do actually believe, issue with maxed factions is much more important. it gives reason for players to keep playing and avoid this state of "nothing else to do"
da_capo

11.12.2018, 19:58

I like the upgrades and changes, faction wars are a good idea. The 20 gold is very welcome
Hilmer-HUN

11.12.2018, 20:03

BTW, please an official answer. do we get gradual loss of HP while in static anomalies?!??! any sort of visual effect like before update 27???!?! green effect, motion disorder, lack of weapon control etc etc
Joe, if u see this, can u look into this??? thanks
da_capo

11.12.2018, 21:01

12312412414:I can't believe my eyes, finally new faction? I hope that this faction will add new and interesting weapons (please stg-44 and mp-40)
Also i like the camo on H&k MP7A1

Not a new faction, new levels for every faction that unlock different stuff.

@da_capo, they are not bringing all static anomalies back, not even a few, just the center anomalous field of tarakanovsky fort map...
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

11.12.2018, 21:07

da_capo:r u kidding me??? static anomalies???! this would be a major decision that will bring back lots of old players. and everyone else will love this...
just, careful how u position those static anomalies and if u can make them change position across the map, its even better. strategic positioning is very important
this would get me back in game. Ive been waiting a lot to see static anomalies back in game. and maybe, just maybe if u can make recoil a bit harder to control. and maybe, just maybe u can balance usage of iron sights, collimators and scopes
anyway, best news since ever.
lets see

r u kidding??? do u really think anomolys will breng back pleyers???

Also we full CoD now bois. Dunno whether it is good or not. But now we know, it's CoDvarium.
Dauerfeuer Ungeheuer

11.12.2018, 22:17

Honestly, i didnt really understand what kind of benefits this war between the factions kind of thing would give me if i played it. New weapon? Ok, but do we know what kind of weapon this is exactly, can we "test it out" beforehand in the shooting range for example? Propably not, if I understand this right. How do we know then, which of the 4 new weapons is the one that we really would like to be added to the game/faction? Also, if it is a free buy weapon (bought with silver from free to all equipment) and I have all the factions maxed out anyway...it doesnt seem to make much of a difference which faction gets the weapon.

The event would possibly be quite fun if people could play in those faction war matches with each of those new weapons to try them out and really see which would be their favorite and based on that go for that factions max points in the event.

Also didnt quite understand the traders and discount thing, what kind of a discount is this? Would be nice if this discount had any relevance to older players as well, who already have bought all the gear/guns of all factions.

About fixing exploits allowing to shoot through objects. I REALLY hope you mean that you are gonna fix things like guns able to shoot through basically everything right now. Large trees, massive steel structures (bridge map), 1m wide stone walls (fort map) etc. Its just absolutely ridiculous. And i hope NONE of the guns in the game will be able to shoot through such things after the fix. Yes, not even the sniper rifles!

And about lightning, I'd say the school maps certain corridors and corners inside the building are way too dark right now. Almost not able to see anything there. It isnt realistic and it certainly hurts playability. Same goes for the so called simulation of "from dark to light and light to dark" environments. I mean the simulation just remains in a certain state forever. In reality the human eye responds quite quickly, especially on dark->light transitions. In game, in some situations/locations the light area just stays way clipped forever, if you dont step out of some darker environment for example.

will111

12.12.2018, 01:05

One thing is not clear to me, will we still be able to earn up to two access keys daily?
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

12.12.2018, 04:16

Dauerfeuer Ungeheuer:
r u kidding??? do u really think anomolys will breng back pleyers???

Also we full CoD now bois. Dunno whether it is good or not. But now we know, it's CoDvarium.

I must agree with ur last statement. Game never was more arcade-ish. It used to be CoD clone before but really now it cant get more CoD. Its like pressing buttons and expecting kills - the very best deffinition of arcade. And this makes the game very much casual. So I casually play the game...
Lets just wait to see if they r serius about static anomalies. I stopped playing the game some time ago but static anomalies would bring me back - at least for a while
da_capo

12.12.2018, 06:01

what about clan war. ?..its gonna be awesome

GamersAbid

12.12.2018, 08:21

Good work! hope the new changes come in soon!
Angel_L1ke

12.12.2018, 13:20

Grind faction exp and play the game just as it is played normally. great idea. Almost as good as your ranking system
Kube

12.12.2018, 18:48

Yesterday, a preview of the next update for Survarium, 0.56 was release. We have tried to answer as many questions since publishing as possible.

Question: Will it be possible, like last New Year, to get weapons from past events in the treasure hunt?
Answer: Technically, this is not a problem, but I would not want such a treasure hunt to be perceived as an attempt by VG to make money. At your request, we will, of course.

Question: Do you plan to make changes to the balance of some weapons in the next update, return, performance characteristics?
Answer: We don't. In the current patch, all efforts are devoted to the development of the event and other important changes. But after the new year we will definitely return to the question of balance, in particular, to the question of the number of mines.

Question: At the moment (in PvE), set to easy, without searching, you can get 4 caches. Now you will remove the 4 story caches and leave only caches for the search?
Answer: When you first complete the mission for the day, you will receive all the caches found (including 4 plot ones). For subsequent passes on the same day, you can open a maximum of 3 for free (for example, if you find 2 plus 4 story-lines, then of these 6 you can only open 3). Since we are removing entry fees, we cannot allow you to “farm” missions indefinitely. However, we believe that 3 will be a good bonus in the case of passing the mission again to help friends, for example.

Q: When do you plan to upgrade to X64?
Answer: Everything is ready for this, but there are no reasons for an instantaneous transition to x64. We will inform you when the transition to x64 offers significant advantages, and we will be ready to abandon the x86 architecture.

Question: Why carry out a mission at a difficult level in the equipment of the 1st level, if there are no restrictions on equipment? That is, if getting good things in caches will depend on the level of complexity?
Answer: For example, if you are new, and you do not have other equipment. Or do you want a challenge and want to show everyone that you can. The chance of winning awards depends only on the difficulty, not on your equipment, character level or reputation in the group.

Question: Does the return of a static anomaly on Tarakanovsky Fort mean that other anomalies may return?
Answer: One of the main reasons for the return of a static anomaly is the gameplay component. Without an anomaly, players often kill each other while remaining at the base. Distortion, caused by the anomaly, will not allow to kill enemies from afar.

Other anomalies can be made static, but we still see no reason other than nostalgia. If we leave the anomalies only in certain places, the need for equipment with protection against anomalies will practically disappear. Most likely, most players will use firearm-protected armor, avoiding side anomalies. And this, in turn, will reduce the “game” area of ​​locations and gameplay variability.

To avoid this, you need to figure out why it is worth going to a static anomaly. Will there be very strong artifacts? Other items that enhance the character? Then, on the contrary, the game can turn into a competition, who first finds a strong artifact. In general, we will be glad to hear your suggestions on this topic. Maybe then we will try to make a static anomaly with interesting effects on one of the locations.

Question: Will the reputation booster affect the total amount of reputation?
Answer: All reputation (including booster, prem equipment, prem account) obtained in PvP battles will be credited to the event offset if played during faction battles for one of the factions participating in the battle.

Question: Will there be a themed lobby and music for the New Year?
Answer: We want to do this, but our priority is the game event and other important update features.

Question: Event fights will take place at a certain time? Can you share the details?
Answer: At the moment we plan to launch such battles three times a day for three hours each (that is, 9 out of 24 hours). Fights will take place in the evening of the three main regions: Europe and the middle time-zone of the Russian Federation, the far east of the Russian Federation and Asia, North and South America. Each battle will be between the two factions, and they will be changed daily, so that different factions fight each day at the same time. In general, battles will take place while you usually play Survarium.
Why don't we do fights three times for 8 hours, for example? So that all players have an incentive to enter at the same time: this, in turn, will reduce the search time for the match and make the battles more balanced.

Q: When will the public testing of Survarium 0.56 begin?
Answer: Public testing is not planned. People taking part on the PTS just is not enough to properly check the game event. A system of prestige reputation levels and changes in team missions, on the contrary, do not require more than a few people to test.
In general, the launch of the PTS always requires additional efforts, which are better directed to the development and fixing of the bugs found by our internal QA department. Therefore, we will launch the PTS if you need to check major balanced or technical changes and innovations.

That's all for now, thank you for your interest in Survarium!
joewillburn
Vostok Games

12.12.2018, 19:59

joewillburn:Other anomalies can be made static, but we still see no reason other than nostalgia. If we leave the anomalies only in certain places, the need for equipment with protection against anomalies will practically disappear. Most likely, most players will use firearm-protected armor, avoiding side anomalies. And this, in turn, will reduce the “game” area of ​​locations and gameplay variability.

Finally some clear words....
jule

12.12.2018, 22:14

Answer: One of the main reasons for the return of a static anomaly is the gameplay component. Without an anomaly, players often kill each other while remaining at the base. Distortion, caused by the anomaly, will not allow to kill enemies from afar.

Would it be possible for this anomaly, to not only distort what we can see through it, but also change, redirect bullet paths randomly? That would be cool I think.

yaji

12.12.2018, 22:58

yaji:Would it be possible for this anomaly, to not only distort what we can see through it, but also change, redirect bullet paths randomly? That would be cool I think.

I agree, because when that distortion field was still there, people would just spray the entire magazine anyway if they saw somebody and would eventually get a kill...
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to News