Survarium Patch 0.55 is Live. Play Now!

Discussion of the latest news and events related to Survarium.

31.10.2018, 22:32

VioletRose:Well now i can't find it in the video. But I am pretty sure I heard it. I'll watch it again in full later.

Don't bother, it's not a big deal. :P
Funnily, the presets were not actually reset...

Was the Lobby laggy as hell in .54 already? Didn't really play that, but now it's just terrible.
So is it me, .55 or the new Lobby introduced in .54?
Matches are fine (60 FPS on "optimal" settings, didn't bother checking wha that is, it works, enough for me), nothing like that in there, but Lobby sometimes has 5 seconds lag.

Tsjuder

31.10.2018, 22:50

Tsjuder:Was the Lobby laggy as hell in .54 already? Didn't really play that, but now it's just terrible.
So is it me, .55 or the new Lobby introduced in .54?
Matches are fine (60 FPS on "optimal" settings, didn't bother checking wha that is, it works, enough for me), nothing like that in there, but Lobby sometimes has 5 seconds lag.

Laggy as in delay? Because if not, on PTS the impression I had was that they had optimized the lobby a lot, way fewer fps drops and faster section switching.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

31.10.2018, 23:24

What the hell? I play against only pro veteran players. Isn't the elo separated to 3 different branches?
daniel0615

31.10.2018, 23:35

They released a new hotfix, restart your game client.
Last edited by Chandrian on 31.10.2018, 23:35, edited 1 time in total.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

31.10.2018, 23:57

Андрияш Козловский:Replaced modifiers on weapons and equipment are compensated with spare parts.

I got the opposite... lost few thousand of spare parts. Wtf?

ps. Assault Rifle - VZ. 58 P has less bullets capacity...
Ventori

01.11.2018, 00:01

Crash all time I add a collimator on weapons.
William-g

01.11.2018, 00:04

Chandrian:Laggy as in delay? Because if not, on PTS the impression I had was that they had optimized the lobby a lot, way fewer fps drops and faster section switching.

As in freezes. I don't know if the hotfix did it, or just overall restarting client, but I didn't experience it now...
Ventori:ps. Assault Rifle - VZ. 58 P has less bullets capacity...

Almost forgot, Kedr and Kiparis have identical stats, but Kedr has 20 round mag and Kiparis has 30...
Also some higher tier backpacks were just straight upgrades to lower tier ones, I wouldn't call that good one tier balance.

Tsjuder

01.11.2018, 00:36

Ventori:I got the opposite... lost few thousand of spare parts. Wtf?

Apparently devs are aware of the missing spare parts.
Source: https://forum.survarium.com/ru/viewtopi ... 5#p1260135
Last edited by Chandrian on 01.11.2018, 00:36, edited 1 time in total.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

01.11.2018, 01:23

I tried it out, went a couple of matches and I really like the changes, the gameplay is perfectly balanced, you can feel the progress but I tried to play with lvl1 ppsh and I still slashed, the balance is great, the movement and shooting is the most fluid I think it ever was it's perfect. The stat changes I like, the only thing that bothered me was that double cylinder has no artfact slot anymore, But I like how it moved to level 5 along with the glock I think it makes more sense, basicly to put it short I love every single change and please keep this, don't change this gameplay focus on other things to upgrade or other content. Thank you your hard work and I wish you all great health and wealth.
Hilmer-HUN

01.11.2018, 01:29

Hi New Collimator Changer Not Work For Me After Update 0.55ad
I Cannot Use This Funcion After This Update
Fix İt Please
İf Problem İs My Account Please Fix My Account

Note:Posibbly İts Training Map Bug,Because my Colimmators Not Working After I Try Changed Collimator Dot İn Training Map
Last edited by Dark Frost 1989 on 01.11.2018, 09:29, edited 1 time in total.
Dark Frost 1989

01.11.2018, 02:52

Chandrian:
Apparently devs are aware of the missing spare parts.
Source: https://forum.survarium.com/ru/viewtopi ... 5#p1260135

Yeah, but again EU forum is ignored and I know it only, becouse you pasted FANTOM's post here. So thank you.
Albi

01.11.2018, 03:20

Great update VG. Really impressive. Fantastic work! Many details that have been optimized. I definitely didn't expect such an extensive bunch of little surprises :)

But unfortunately I need to say that currently it is a balancing desaster :O Not regarding the gear, actually neither the ELO. It all looks close to perfect, but for some reason the game feels extremely unfair. I die very quickly and the armor difference between for example a light weight t1 gear and Zubr is trivial. Although my enemies seem to have a similar ELO like mine, I die just much much quicker. In killcam I can see people shooting 4 (!) bullets from MP5 into my Zubr chest killing me, while I need at least a full mag (doesnt matter which gun). I had to escape from the RU server completely and even needed to force MM to put me into 2v2 matches (Battery Rettrieval). Anyway for me it is oookay - but I played with two friends tonight who (1) had even more problems than I had and (2) are not such dedicated masochists. For them, this update ruined the game (which I find exaggerated though). Well it's the saame old story with these hitreg issues, but kinda more extreme than before the update.

At the same time, I'd say that the game is getting more and more "hardcore". Yeah. Especially with the new Slaughter map. Such a tiny map with so many players. I don't know. Generally I think 7 or 8 players per team are too many. Well, be it as it may. But at this point I think we should differentiate the game modes a bit more. Let Slaugther be as crazy as it is and make Battery Retrieval... different. More slowly. Less about killing and more about scavanging. I am saying this because the obvious direction this game is going, makes me worried. Battery Retrieval has so much potential!

Besides that, I have some random suggestions for improvement:

- artifact activation key bindings are weird. For example when my gear allows me to have 5 different item slots, but I only use 2, the key bindings for artifacts still shift by 5. That is my two different items can be used with keys 1 and 2, and the artifact is not at key 3 but at 6. This is probably not as intended, is it?

- High ELO differences between squad members ruin the balancing. For example if I have an ELO of 2000 and my friend has an ELO 1000 it may no be a good idea to play in a squad together. Of course we need the freedom to do so, but we should be aware of such cases. For example, make the player's rating aka ELO visible in the lobby (or maybe at least the player's character level), so we can know what is going on

- Match costs are too general. If my profile for example has only t1 gear except the weapon (which may be t5) or the gloves, it is stupid that I have to pay the same amount which I would pay for a complete t5 set. This is really really bad I think.

- Some pistols are over powered. Pistols got much stronger as I happily observed. But the Glock is TOO crazy. It is extremely strong and furthermore (with the disappearance of terminator skill) it gives higher level players the exclusive privilege to use a sniper rifle alongside of an automatic weapon, which is definitely unfair against others who can not have it yet. APS is also really strong. Do we actually need automatic pistols?...

- The Larkspur artifact's behaviour changed and I welcome this. But now it's benefit is very limited. My idea is to make it increase the maximum health of the players as passive effect + the already existing higher regeneration. Should be ok, shouldn't it?

- Using (low tier) light equipment kinda lacks variants of benefits. I can be faster - yes. Especially I die faster. Maybe there are further possibilities to add variation between different equipement parts? Isolation used to be important in the past - now it's more less trivial. To be honest I don't have good ideas at the moment...

- With the new tier system, low level players suddenly face lots of weapons they never saw and probably won't unlock in the near future. Although everything is balanced it feels unfair. There is a big potential of confusion. And in the end I can't deny that it is actually not completely fair. So there now is a big reason to make it possible to pick up weapons from other players in a match :-)
Last edited by jule on 01.11.2018, 03:22, edited 1 time in total.
jule

01.11.2018, 03:27

Albi:Yeah, but again EU forum is ignored and I know it only, becouse you pasted FANTOM's post here. So thank you.

They tell me that informing the international community is Joe's job. And when Joe's not around...
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

01.11.2018, 09:46

Albi wrote:Yeah, but again EU forum is ignored and I know it only, becouse you pasted FANTOM's post here. So thank you.

You expect me to answer at 3:30am? I'm a person, I need sleep too :) And yes, of course they are aware of the spare parts issue.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

01.11.2018, 10:56

pros
+ pockets system
++ 1 tier, and a lot players in match

cons
-- recoil
-- armor sets, now we can't mix armors in fancy way
-- sniper rifles, if they are 1hko then give them looooonger aiming time, random aim point etc
Chrno

01.11.2018, 11:36

The reaper cost for the event is really to high compare to the reward you can get during the match.
William-g

01.11.2018, 11:53

joewillburn:

You expect me to answer at 3:30am? I'm a person, I need sleep too :) And yes, of course they are aware of the spare parts issue.

03:30am is not the normal time? AAAA I forgot. I'm no-life. Nvm. I did not say anything :)
Albi

01.11.2018, 16:15

Survarium 0.55ae hot fix has been released recently.

Read the list of changes below.

- Fixed a crash that could occur when a player fired on an enemy who was using active "Larkspur" artifact;
- The Spectator mode is switched on again;
- Removed the cost of equipment in the game mode "Search and Destroy."
Last edited by Андрияш Козловский on 01.11.2018, 16:16, edited 2 times in total.
Андрияш Козловский

01.11.2018, 16:41

Андрияш Козловский:- Removed the cost of equipment in the game mode "Search and Destroy."

Please also remove "AFK" in this mode if after our suggestions (from the Spring event) you still don't want to modify its functionality for it. Not killing in this mode in particular doesn't mean you're not active. You can be defending the site, the artifact, assisting others in kills, scoring points in other ways... It's *NOT* a mode that's based on kills, so punishing people for not killing doesn't make sense.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

01.11.2018, 16:48

I'm quite surprised that this patch is live so fast.
Tanatloc

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to News