Survarium: Update 0.55a9 is on the PTS!

Discussion of the latest news and events related to Survarium.

28.10.2018, 16:46

UnknownPlayer666:

VG please.

-10/-10/-10 > -15/-15/-15 > -20/-20/-20

In 0.55 this modifier is no longer important for SMG's and LMG's.

+1

happy shooter

28.10.2018, 16:47

If anyone needs to calculate the number of bullets to take somebody down, use this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Make a copy to your google drive to change values.
Last edited by UnknownPlayer666 on 28.10.2018, 17:19, edited 1 time in total.
UnknownPlayer666

28.10.2018, 17:09

UnknownPlayer666:If anyone needs to calculate the number of bullets to take somebody down, use this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Make a copy to your google drive to change values.

It says i need a permission to see this content.
Ventori

28.10.2018, 17:16

Ventori:
It says i need a permission to see this content.

Like it doesn't open up at all ?

EDIT: my bad. Try this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Last edited by UnknownPlayer666 on 28.10.2018, 17:18, edited 1 time in total.
UnknownPlayer666

28.10.2018, 19:42

UnknownPlayer666:

Like it doesn't open up at all ?

EDIT: my bad. Try this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

It doesn't allow to change numbers, so one can't use it to calculate, but at least it shows the formulas.
WeaponDmg*([100-(armor-armor pen)]/100)=Damage done
Or as I would put it
WeaponDmg*(1-[armor-armor pen]/100)=Damage done

Also I'm quite sure there are cases of armor pen>armor, and I think it would be pretty stupid for armor penetration to increase the damage in those cases, as then it would always serve as damage multiplier, which is exactly what I meant with it maybe being unnecessary. So the real formula hopefully does that
if (armor-armor pen)<0
Damage done=WeaponDmg

Tsjuder

28.10.2018, 20:00

Tsjuder:
It doesn't allow to change numbers, so one can't use it to calculate, but at least it shows the formulas.

You have to make a copy of this file to your google drive and proceed from there.
UnknownPlayer666

28.10.2018, 21:21

VG, is there any particular reason for changing how ADS looks when using PSO scope?

Will you change it back to look like in 0.54 cause like this is to tiresome

https://imgur.com/a/VOfCUri

happy shooter

28.10.2018, 22:00

Why does Delta and Delta gloves have 5 armor? It is a value of almost 10fold of all other gloves! Is it a bug or what?

happy shooter

29.10.2018, 01:01

Okay, a quick feedback about 0.55 Update. (This review was put on Facebook too!)

1. (negative feelings)
The game is a bit slow after 0.54. With these movement speeds (even in fully upgraded Nomad set for example) the characters are cookies for campers/snipers. No chance to bother them with speeding any more.

2. (strange feelings)
Bizon has 71 armour now like Zubr. Why? Bizon is much more visible, so Bizon needs a bit more armour to compensate the bigger visibility/perceptibility. (Bizon never was a P2W one, please change the premium items' colour, they are too flashy, but don't grants more armour any more!)

3. (very negative feelings)
I met a guy playing in full Bizon + Oxigen Tank + AK, and he carried the artifact(!) in artifact hunt mode. He was faster than me in Nomad + Veresk + Radio backpack for sure, without the artifact (because that arti was in his hands). Do something with that. (I had Tornado activated, and at lvl 94 i had all the skills learned to fasten my character!)

4. (neutral feelings, Barrett is OP, so this recoil is okay...)
Barrett's recoil is ultimate. So now, it is a bit compensating that weapon's original OP status.

5. (negative feelings)
Shotguns' effective range is OP. They are snipers again like they were before. Not too much, but a bit "nerf" is needed!

6. (positive feelings)
Armour sets are really cool now, combination possibility is super cool!

7. (positive feelings)
Tier 1 system could be good, but think over again about 2 tiers. But, 1 tier is much more better than 5!

8. (positive feelings)
I have 45-55 ping on test server! Nice!

9. (strange feelings)
If you have 2 stationary scanners, and you put down the second one, that will become invisible! (Bug!) The first one remains visible (i tried it several times)!

10. (angry feelings)
I took several screenshots about what i told you, but i cannot find them in the Survarium-Test directory! Where are they? :'( I wanted to proof the 1-9. points, but i cannot now... The original (0.54) game saves the screenshots into it's own directory. :@

11. (hopefully feelings)
I'm gonna test 0.55 more in the future, it has big potential!

12. (informative feelings)
Some new weapon- and armour upgrades needs new icons! Its a bit misleading that they have the same icon as an another upgrade... Draw some new for them! :)

----------

After some more rounds:

- The game was stable for me, but test client still wont save screenshots (voice is coming, saving is not)!
- Too many "First 3 shots recoil" upgrades (sometimes 3x3 in a row)!
- I like the new "Pocket" system even more!
- School became a bit dark, but i like it!
- We got the new CNPP map too often, i like that map, but give us back the Vector in all game modes!
- System cannot handle that somebody buys more than 9999 days of premium, it says now 0 h 0 min... :DDD
_ChE4ty_Br3Eki_

29.10.2018, 10:42

Angel_L1ke wrote:In fact, I didnt play PTS, my friend played it.
He told me that Chinese is great!!!

But when he used "shift" to switch languages, it will cause the game to crash.

Unfortunately we can't reproduce this crash. Can you or your friend help us with tracking down this crash?
After crash go to directory C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Survarium-Test\crashes\ and send me following:
- your OS version
- IME that you're using for Chinese input
- Files Survarium-Test_User.dmp and Survarium-Test_User.log
You can contact me at savenko.ivan@vostokgames.com
Last edited by ivan_vg on 29.10.2018, 10:43, edited 1 time in total.

ivan_vg
Vostok Games

29.10.2018, 13:16

Bring this update live! NOW!
apfelmu2

29.10.2018, 15:31

happy shooter:

Indeed... I use PSO a lot and this is a bit too much when zooming compared to 0.54...

Here are compared screenshoots https://imgur.com/a/VOfCUri

I have brought this issue up several times....The character holds up every weapon on the same level so most scopes cover a large proportion of the screen...worst case being the ASVK.

VG really need to look into this issue.
WiziwiiG

29.10.2018, 15:48

Okay, time for my full review:

Major downsides:

Center speed is out of fucking whack. It sickens me. It jars the gunplay due to how unnatural it feels. It also seems to be a nearly linear speed other than most games where it is algorithmic and slows down as the screen reaches the center to reach that "steadying" feel. Also, as is the super fast speed breaks the carbines

The repair costs feel arbitrary and silly. Why would you keep such a relic from the old system around. Instead, simply add a negative-positive modifier to someone based on how many attachments and items he is using if you want to keep it around, would also actually encourage people to go helmetless.

Big benefits: It is essentially the old 0.25 Everything-Is-OP Didenko balance without a dumb recoil model. Turns out that Didenko Balance - Didenko = Balance. Huh, who'da thunk maths would work that way. Armor finally works as intended. The pocket system is probably best it has ever been. Its a single tier. ITS A SINGLE TIER. Wew lad did I already tell you its a single tier?

Specific critiques:

ASh12.7, SOK, UMP, SR3-Veresk, P90 and Uzi: Love what has been done to them. Always felt like these weapons haven't felt like themselves for the longest time.

TOZ-66 and TOZ-122: Both of these guns feel off. If the TOZ-66 is to keep its current stats, it should be redesignated as a sidearm. If not, its rate of fire hsould be bumped up considerably. And why is the TOZ-122 the best long-range sniper out of all the 7.62mm snipers? Thats just silly
colers25

29.10.2018, 17:34

All the matches I played on PTS (not that many) were 2v2. Is this the case for everyone else? Because it would find a match pretty fast. Is this deliberate or a bug?
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

29.10.2018, 18:44

Chandrian:All the matches I played on PTS (not that many) were 2v2. Is this the case for everyone else? Because it would find a match pretty fast. Is this deliberate or a bug?

Yesterday we had a couple of full matches during Nesh's stream. I feel like there were around 20-ish people waiting for countdown in chat. After countdown full match was created instantly, but those who were left out got into one at the same time but with bots. Looks like MM throws people into match as soon as there is 2v2 and doesn't wait for others at all.
UnknownPlayer666

29.10.2018, 19:03

ivan_vg:
Unfortunately we can't reproduce this crash. Can you or your friend help us with tracking down this crash?
After crash go to directory C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Survarium-Test\crashes\ and send me following:
- your OS version
You can contact me at

Ok. I'll tell him
Angel_L1ke

30.10.2018, 01:50

UnknownPlayer666:

Yesterday we had a couple of full matches during Nesh's stream. I feel like there were around 20-ish people waiting for countdown in chat. After countdown full match was created instantly, but those who were left out got into one at the same time but with bots. Looks like MM throws people into match as soon as there is 2v2 and doesn't wait for others at all.

As far as I remember, this has been a problem or quirk with matchmaking in Survarium. Players who finish a match and who press play immediately often get thrown into a successive match with the same previous match's players.

How MM searches for players is not clearly understood but this behaviour was noticed by many older players. It would often result in bizarrely quick matchmaking wait times, often instantaneous, compared to standard experiences.
chicken_feet

30.10.2018, 02:00

ivan_vg:
- your OS version
You can contact me at

Hi,It's me who Angel_L1ke said had a crash,I went to 'Survarium-Test' directory,but I can't find any 'crashes' folder,so I started game and tested the Chinese IME again to reproduce the crash ,but everything seems back to normal ,no more crash,I can either input Chinese and English correctly now.If there're any crashes I'll let you know,Thx Ivan.
fbiabc888

30.10.2018, 10:23

Андрияш Козловский:

Treasure hunt updated.

I know that some players still do not have Glock, but can you find something for players who already have a collection of them?

Андрияш Козловский:
The following settings have been added (section “Control”): “Next collimator reticle”, “Previous collimator reticle”, “Change reticle color”, “Increase reticle brightness”, “Decrease reticle brightness”.

This is really not clear, I try and nothing happen, couldn't see any changes?!

Андрияш Козловский:
Weapons, equipment and supplies.

So if I understand in this new update it is coming with new and much bigger maps? I ask because when I see the distance of most weapons I find the maps a bit to small. Most weapons with distance of 70m and Barret 250 m.
Camping time.

Concerning Barret, in the last few update I was using it only for pve but now that you can take 200 ammo* for it well....

*200 ammo is to much when you see that slowing done of Barret isn't hight, slowdown for Barret should be at least 20.
Last edited by William-g on 30.10.2018, 10:54, edited 2 times in total.
William-g

30.10.2018, 11:39

William-g:
This is really not clear, I try and nothing happen, couldn't see any changes?!

Due to some bugs it has been turned off until fix.

William-g:Concerning Barret, in the last few update I was using it only for pve but now that you can take 200 ammo* for it well....

*200 ammo is to much when you see that slowing done of Barret isn't hight, slowdown for Barret should be at least 20.

It has only 20 by default, an max that you can carry is 40 I think. Besides, I don't see a reason to bring it to pve now, there are lots of more viable guns for this.

Also, I wonder if VG will remove buffed HP from bots in pve. Kinda strange that VSSK, Barrett and ASVK can one shot in pvp but not in pve.
UnknownPlayer666

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to News