Survarium: Update 0.55a9 is on the PTS!

Discussion of the latest news and events related to Survarium.

26.10.2018, 19:44

We have updated the Public Test Server to Survarium version 0.55a9! To participate in the test, please download new game version. Please note that the temporary shutdowns of the PTS are possible when installing updates and making urgent changes.

You can participate in the test if you registered in Survarium no later than July 20. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to login to the PTS if you have registered via Steam due to a different authentication system.

All testers will receive 10 thousand spare parts, 10 million silver, and 10 thousand gold to make purchases on the PTS. Characters and progress in the main game as of July 20 will be copied to the test server. However, the progress you make during the test will not be transferred back to the main server! The PTS has no way if receiving payments, so purchases made in Survarium shop are automatically credited to your account on the main server.

Read find the update notes of Survarium PTS 0.55a9 below. Please note that those are not final and The public server will receive version improved based on the results of the testing! See you on the PTS!

The Complete List of Changes in PTS 0.55a9
Technical Changes

Daily tasks updated.
Treasure hunt updated.
The players' supplies are reset.
Player profiles are reset.
Saved player presets have been deleted due to the new system of supplies.
Reward for completing tasks increased.
The following settings have been added (section “Control”): “Next collimator reticle”, “Previous collimator reticle”, “Change reticle color”, “Increase reticle brightness”, “Decrease reticle brightness”.
The price for repairs is now untied from the item of equipment or weapons. Also, the price for repairs depends on the level of equipment, for example, if a player has put at least one item of equipment level 5, he will pay for repairs the amount charged at the fifth level of equipment. Prices for repairs:

Level 1 - Silver 0
Level 2 - 1000 silver
Level 3 - 2000 silver
4 level - 5000 silver
5 level - 8000 silver

Weapons, equipment and supplies

All weapons across all the tiers have been balanced in line with their class.
Armor-piercing returned to the game as an indicator on the weapon. Now the damage inflicted on the enemy depends not only on his armor and the damage of your weapon, but also on armor-piercing.
Returned dispersion and dispersion when aiming. For each class of weapon, the dispersion parameters are set individually. So, for example, sniper rifles are absolutely not susceptible to the influence of dispersion in sighting mode, and submachine guns - on the contrary, have a small, but noticeable variation when firing in long bursts.
For all weapons in the game, the kill values ​​for opening a slot for a module are revised. Now, at all tiers of equipment, the following values ​​are valid: 100 kills - slot for aims, 250 kills - slot for grips, 500 kills - slot for silencers, muzzle-flashes and more.
Added the ability to customize the reticle for collimators - you can change its type, color and brightness. This functionality depends on the level of rarity of the collimator
The parameters of stopping power and shooting down were unlinked from each other. The stopping power is set to match the caliber of the weapon. The crash of sight with hits weakened.
The recoil on all weapons is reduced and changed to a more convenient one. The recoil graphs and pictures have been saved.
Recoil randomization is noticeably reduced.
The slowdown parameters have been changed and are now based on the weight and dimensions of the equipment.
Ability to get bleeding added to all weapons. Its damage is significantly reduced, and the duration is increased.
Painkiller now reduces the effect of stopping power by 25% and reduces bleeding duration by 25%.
The Defense Totem now increases health regeneration by 4 hp/s and reduces the chance of bleeding by 25%. The duration is now 30 seconds, the recharge time is 5 seconds.
Stationary scanner: reload time is now 10 seconds.
RGD-5: damage is now equal to 150.
RGO: now the damage is 130.
MON-50: now the damage is 200.
PMN-3: Now the damage is 225.
C-4: Now the damage is 300.
The damage modifier on weapons is replaced by the following:
For assault rifles, submachine guns, machine guns and pistols for dispersion
For sniper rifles and carbines for sight sway
For shotguns for shot grouping
The values ​​of the modifier rate of fire on weapons reduced by half.
The shortage of muzzle velocity is reduced to real values ​​for all classes of weapons.
Added display of the muzzle velocity in a weapon.
Reinforced cartridges now give the muzzle velocity +40 m/s, + 80 m/s, + 120 m/s.
Reworked all sets of equipment. Now, for the 3 parts of the kit, the player gets an improvement of one minor parameter, the assembly of the full set will give several more significant improvements.
Modifiers on equipment:

Masks:

'Energy costs' instead of 'Armor' now.
Stamina regeneration' instead of 'Reduced explosion damage' now.
Jackets and pants:

Added a stop action modifier.
The values ​​of the "Energy Costs" and "Energy Recovery" modifiers are halved.
Gloves:

Time to ready a grenade' instead of 'Reduced explosion damage' modifier now. Faster weapon hiding and grenade taken out.
Boots:

'Drop damage' instead of 'Reduced explosion damage' modifier now.
The values ​​of the "Energy costs" modifier halved.
Backpacks:

Reduced the value of "Explosion protection" modifier in half.

Gameplay

The game introduced a single level of match-making. This means that now players of the first-fifth levels of equipment and weapons will be able to play among themselves. The damage coefficient for the higher level game is cut out of the game. Also, the main parameter when collecting teams is ELO
Now all players are divided into 3 categories of players. Players play only in their category, with the exception of a long match search.
New pockets system. Now the game has the concept of "Pocket" and "Capacity". The number of pockets determines the number of different supplies and the number of shortcut keys you can use. The maximum number of pockets is 5. Capacity determines how many supplies you can use. Each supply occupies one unit of capacity. The maximum amount of capacity that can be collected is equal to 8. You can collect pockets and capacity on equipment. Also, the supplies are divided into categories: medicines, explosives, devices and more. You can fill the pockets with supplies, you want to fill all the pockets with different medicines - please. But there are restrictions on the maximum number of transportable special weapons per battle, by category: medicines - 8 pieces, explosives - 2 pieces, devices - 4 pieces and more - 1 piece. This was done so that the player could not take with him a large number of strong special means, for example: 4 RGOs.
Initial movement speed reduced.
The player now has 3 ammo bags at the start.
Skill "Terminator" replaced by "Ammunition" - an additional cartridge pouch for ammo.

Artifacts

Now you can take two identical artifact.
You can not activate two artifact at the same time. You need to wait until the first activated one expires, after that - activate the second artifact.
Onyx: active ability - works 4 seconds, + 75% to the resistance from damage.
Spring: passive ability - + 4% to speed.
Larkspur: active ability - regeneration 25 hp/sec, effect for 4 seconds, gets lost in receiving damage like any first-aid kit.
New lighting on the School location
The lighting on the “School” location was redone, in accordance with the new quality standard. See the pictures below to check the changes.

Bug fixes

Fixed a bug due to which the player when looking on the corpse of another player had the silhouette of that body displayed at the time of his respawn.
Fixed a bug due to which the player at the beginning of the match heard the music of the match end.
Fixed a bug due to which the game client stopped working when shooting at a player from a short distance.

Known bugs

'Regeneration' modifier (when staying) does not work.
Larkspur artifact action can't be stopped.
'Time to ready a grenade' modifier works incorrectly.
The function of changing color, intencity and type of collimator marker is temporarily disabled.
Андрияш Козловский

26.10.2018, 21:05

VG, you absolute mad lads !
UnknownPlayer666

26.10.2018, 23:15

Nice work,I like some changes in 0.55.
Angel_L1ke

26.10.2018, 23:29

Holy hell, it looks like there is finally an attempt to make stuff more consistent.

Also inb4 everyone throws a fit over VG Finally, and then i do mean FUCKING FINALLY dailing down the absurd benefit you got from Rate of Fire.

Though this line "The shortage of muzzle velocity is reduced to real values ​​for all classes of weapons." seems to be a translation error
colers25

27.10.2018, 00:11

colers25:seems to be a translation error

It's not like the post itself is free of them, there's tons of translation errors.
Chandrian
Survivor

27.10.2018, 00:26

good job VG!! make survarium great again !!
once you finish this patch, is very important you must PROMOTE THE GAME!! make some new trailer, or something alike! make the people want to come and see what is survarium, now that you launched the south american server theres a lot of people from this side of world that play fps but many of them dont know about survarium! i noticed, keep that in mind theres a big number of gamers here
Last edited by Andras-Lonewolf on 27.10.2018, 00:31, edited 1 time in total.
Andras-Lonewolf

27.10.2018, 01:03

Initial feedback:

Left a lot of good impressions, though i'd like to see the treshhold for the minor bonus to activate to be 2 parts, so people can still effectively mix and match their gear.

Get the center speed looked at. The speed at which your weapon snaps back to center after you stop firing automatically is downright nausiating and disorienting, but more importantly, it almost nulifies the effect recoil has on carbines.

Colt recoil was lowered but it still makes my screen feel like I was hit by an electric prod.

UZI has obviously been changed to its .45 variant, but its muzzle velocity doesn't represent it.

The new faction progression feels fit for purpose, and the Benelli finally fucked back off to the Fringe Settlers

Scar-H seems vastly inferior to the AK12. Its range benefit is kinda twarted by the fact that it has inferior muzzle velocity and grouping. My advice is to move the SCAR-H up the AP of the SCAR-H hard. Its also kinda silly the ASh12.7 (Love how this one feels btw) has more AP than a SCAR, even though the .50 caliber round it uses essentially has something like 10% more energy but a 150% higher surface area making it worse for this task.

Not sure if its an old issue but firing the VSS with irons causing the model to clip into my FoV

The rate of fire of the R93 was lowered....but y tho?

TOZ66 feels like it should just dunk on the rest of the class in terms of rate of fire

I really don't get the balancing of the Remington R700 towards the TOZ. The remington has always been the first precision sniper the player gets, while the TOZ was basically THE rapid fire rifle for the longest time now. And this worked. Soooo.....Why exaclty was the TOZ turned into the premier long range precision rifle sporting the best range and muzzle velocity combo in class?

Fix the center speed. I know i've said this already, but htis list was compiled over 45 minutes of weapon testing and by GOD is this shit obnoxious to deal with on some weapons
colers25

27.10.2018, 01:15

- I can't feel difference between armors. Difference between light and heavy amors is maybe one bullet?
- Time to kill is too short.
- Every assault rifle has almost the same dmg, so best are those with higher penetration. Atm SCAR-H is best.
- Shotguns OP. Reduce effective distance please.
- Barrett OP. One-shooting everything.
- Set bonuses are not attractive like now (0.54) and very repeatable.
- School map looks nice.
Albi

27.10.2018, 04:45

Well... after trying your 0.55 PTS I must say this is something that is most interesting in years that happened in Survarium... I hope you get it balanced till final release... Keep it up and work hard to make it good...

Some observations:

- trophy gear that you buy for red tokens like Soldier's backpack does not seem like special item. It is not that different from Backpack for Explosives and you need to gather 1000 red tokens to buy it. You could take a look at those trophy gear and weapons and make them more special :)

- seems like faster RoF weapons somehow win. Shotguns are OP

- Vz. 58 vs AKM. Vz is OP cause of same damage and pentration but has more RoF and faster reload
Last edited by happy shooter on 27.10.2018, 05:48, edited 2 times in total.

happy shooter

27.10.2018, 07:47

Error during delay loading library
vostok_scaleform.dll
who can help?
Kipiz

27.10.2018, 11:10

Something is wrong again with shadow draw distance. It's waaaaay too short. The pop ups are extremely distracting.

Also:

-PKP needs visual recoil when reflex sights are installed. Right now it feels like the weapon is wielded to your arm and it looks ridiculous.

-I don't really understand how armor penetration works. In all matches that I played so far I didn't see much difference between high armor and low armor, since TTK is so fast.

-You should probably reconsider the amount of mines we can carry into match. Majority of players will opt out for 3-4 medkits, 1 pack of bandages (1 pack includes 2 bandages now, sweet) and 2 mines, meaning that the map will be littered with them after a few minutes. I suggest 1 MON-50 mine (max) and 2 PMN's (max). They are finally able to kill now, but the amount of them should be limited.

-Colt Python shooting animation is bugged when you fire for the hip. Looks like it skips a few frames because of increase ROF.

-Scar feels a bit underpowered compared to AK-12.

-PSO scope covers the whole screen now for some reason.

-Single tier matchmaking is the best thing that has happened in Survarium, ever. The wait times were almost non-existent (on PTS server mind you !). I'm now curious how ELO brackets will work.
Last edited by UnknownPlayer666 on 27.10.2018, 13:29, edited 2 times in total.
UnknownPlayer666

27.10.2018, 12:48

It would be nice in general to work on LOD in this game. Everything pops like that, hard transitions everywhere, shadows, geometry etc. Some fade in / fade out for shadows would be nice. And regarding geometry, in Warframe they use tessellation for that, so you can't see LOD transitions at all.

yaji

27.10.2018, 13:31

My SCAR-H got removed out of my inventory on the pts because it is now on the black market faction and not on fringe settlers like in update 0.54 - I hope that change won't make it in the official release of 0.55. Otherwise I want a gold refund spent on the modifiers of the gun.

Also I remember that when a situation like this happened in earlier updates, we still got to keep the weapon we unlocked.
Last edited by Niruxu on 27.10.2018, 13:40, edited 1 time in total.
Niruxu

27.10.2018, 14:23

Андрияш Козловский:Skill "Terminator" replaced by "Ammunition" - an additional cartridge pouch for ammo.

!

Guess I'll have to test that new armor penetration stat out to know how it really works. And to see if it is as unnecessary as it was before... But I'll have to wait for .55 on main servers, as I can't play on PTS.

Couple of questions for those who do play PTS:
Lower recoil and less randomization, are we back to "NO RECOIL" times, or is it okay now? Does the dispersion counter that enough?
Bleeding on all weapons? OP, useless or works about right?
Movement speed, no real difference to before or maybe even too slow now?

UnknownPlayer666:-Single tier matchmaking is the best thing that has happened in Survarium, ever. The wait times were almost non-existent (on PTS server mind you !). I'm now curious how ELO brackets will work.

And this is something everyone has been waiting for with this update!

And with the return of dispersion I'd really like for it to be as in depth as it was in Stalker games and with that I mean that not only hipfire or aiming down sights/scope affect this (apparently prolonged fire does already affect it), but also movement and stance.
Sorry for incoherent post, too much stuff to comment on.

Tsjuder

27.10.2018, 14:47

UnknownPlayer666:

-PSO scope covers the whole screen now for some reason.

Indeed... I use PSO a lot and this is a bit too much when zooming compared to 0.54...

Here are compared screenshoots https://imgur.com/a/VOfCUri

happy shooter

27.10.2018, 14:59

Tsjuder:[..]Lower recoil and less randomization, are we back to "NO RECOIL" times, or is it okay now? Does the dispersion counter that enough?[...]

Tested the Jackhammer, VHS-2, SCAR-H and the ASH-12 yet and so far everything felt different but nice, ASH-12 has a completely different feeling to it now, and the VHS has a high recoil due to high rate of fire.
Niruxu

27.10.2018, 15:28

Tsjuder:
Lower recoil and less randomization, are we back to "NO RECOIL" times, or is it okay now? Does the dispersion counter that enough?

Recoil patters are still there, minus all the random bullshit when your gun decides to kick itself and score you a random headshot on enemy. Dispersion on AR's is so minuscule that I didn't even notice it. Recoil on SMG's is somewhat higher, plus a tiny bit of dispersion so that you can't be as effective as AR's on long-very long ranges.

Tsjuder:
Bleeding on all weapons? OP, useless or works about right?

I'd say works about right. 8% on all AR's/LMG's and 5% on SMG's. I thought that I'm going do die much more frequently from bleed dmg but since I can carry bandages AND medkits now it's not a big deal. 40% bleed chance on all SR's (yes, even on Barrett) is useful as before because majority of them (Mosin, Toz, Remington, SV98 with 38-40 armor pen) will never one-shot tier 5 and some tier 4 vests.

Tsjuder:
Movement speed, no real difference to before or maybe even too slow now?

With t5 mercenary set I can achieve a total sprint speed of 6.94 (with max slowdown red. mods and no artifacts and a pistol). No idea what is the max value on main server, but it doesn't feel much different, at least for me.
UnknownPlayer666

27.10.2018, 15:41

Jackhammer is now the equivalent of Death Star, eviscerating anyone who dares to look at you. VG kinda overdid it on this one :D
UnknownPlayer666

27.10.2018, 15:49

UnknownPlayer666:Recoil on SMG's is somewhat higher

Indeed.

Movement speed for me feels faster, I was full Zubr and was moving pretty fast.
Chandrian
Survivor

27.10.2018, 15:50

UnknownPlayer666:Jackhammer is now the equivalent of Death Star, eviscerating anyone who dares to look at you. VG kinda overdid it on this one :D

it is absolutely deadly in cqc, but counterable from a little furhter away - I like it that way :D
edit: tested the Jackhammer further - it is pretty strong in cqc but I would not call it op, I got pretty often killed in direct 1on1 vs high-rof glock and vintorez, and the fight distance was UNDER 20 meters
Last edited by Niruxu on 27.10.2018, 16:10, edited 1 time in total.
Niruxu

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to News