Read: Survarium's 0.55 Update Preview

Discussion of the latest news and events related to Survarium.

25.10.2018, 11:05

Hard to say anything about one tier and pockets changes before seeing how those actually work, same with dispersion...
Андрияш Козловский:The “Onyx” artifact has an active ability of 4 seconds. Player gains + 50% damage resistance.

No idea which way this is supposed to work, but neither is going to be good; 50% damage resistance applied first to any damage is going to be OP in any case, you know, 36 dmg*0,5*0,6= 10,8 . If its the other way, +50% to armor's damage reduction, it's going to be quite OP with heavy armor (or maybe not, as heavy armor is so slow) and totally useless for light and medium as those have so low protection to begin with. This Onyx rebalance has been going on forever, and I can't remember it being balanced at any point, maybe it's time to think of a different mechanic for it? (Something like 100% damage resistance for 3 seconds, but you can't move for 5 secs, comes to mind, or some other buff+debuff thing might be better)

And again, too many changes to "gunplay" in one update, I really hope you get it right (btw, if ads dispersion will be minimal, why add it at all?)...

Fairly detailed preview, so maybe the update is coming soon?

Tsjuder

25.10.2018, 11:24

It seems to me that changes in the recoil are introduced to reduce the gap between skilled players and beginners / casuals. Or maybe it's an attempt to deal with the "no recoil macro"? In my opinion, this is a rather controversial decision.

Besides, I hope that one of the criteria when choosing players for teams will be delay. With a 40-50ms delay I have problems with players having more than 150-200ms. Lags, delays in damage registration, resyncs.

Can anyone explain how players from different categories will be selected for teams? Players from category A always play with players from A category? Or maybe the team will have AABBBCCC structure for example?

I also have an idea how to increase the importance of clans in Survarium.

I think that the league should be combined with regular PvP. By this I mean that we still have the opportunity to play in squad and at the same time get league points.
You could set a limitation that league points are gained solo or with clanmates in team only.
I think that merging all tiers into one is a good opportunity to increase maximum squad size. You could limit ability to create squads larger than 3. Squads larger than 3 will be possible only with clan members.
Last edited by LegwanPL on 25.10.2018, 11:25, edited 1 time in total.
LegwanPL

25.10.2018, 13:15

LegwanPL:

I think that the league should be combined with regular PvP. By this I mean that we still have the opportunity to play in squad

Terrible idea. The ability to play in squads in league matches was rightly removed because the top players would form unbeatable squads which would control virtually every match they played in.

The whole league system needs to be changed to be based on personal performance rather than team win. There have been many suggestions from various people about how to improve league rating system, but VG never seem to address any of them.
Scaramanga

25.10.2018, 14:20

@Scaramanga
But this is exactly the point of the ranking system. The very best team wins.
That is why I have indicated that only the clan teams will gain points. If a clan gathers the best players, it will dominate other players. Because they are better. Not everyone can be a winner.
In its current form, best players have to count on the fact that their team will not be completely useless. Too much depends on luck and average players too easily reach highest rank.
LegwanPL

25.10.2018, 18:49

da_capo:
how dare u reduce recoil?!!!

BąrвyLs:
I have fear of 0.55 update, I read these things and it makes me nervous that they ruin everything again, change recoil? yes, why not, reduce? NO, increase, what place have the player skill, if all weapons are easy to control? it's gonna be very arcade.

I prefer low recoil instead of people with mouse macro. I haven't seen any good FPS multiplayer game with high recoil without macro-users problems. Survarium needs playerbase, not just pro-players.
Last edited by Albi on 25.10.2018, 18:54, edited 2 times in total.
Albi

25.10.2018, 19:38

Albi:

I prefer low recoil instead of people with mouse macro. I haven't seen any good FPS multiplayer game with high recoil without macro-users problems. Survarium needs playerbase, not just pro-players.

man when did u start playing this game??? coz if u had started eralier then 3 years, u should know that this decrease of recoil happened before. reason was the same - macro - and results were disastrous. it reached a point when even developers released a statement saying that decrease of recoil does not help and cannot overcome macro players. game play was at its worst where hip fire and speed were 10 times more effective then aim and skill game play. community was extremely enraged, with videos popping every day, showing how effective is speed in relation with hip fire. 99% of all weapons were useless and only smg were competitive. heavy and medium armor made no sense whatsoever.
game was 100 % arcade, the most shittiest experience ever with quality dropped 10 times over. its so bad that I can find very low budget games better at FPS.
that why I said that devs havent had enough.
soon enough there will be rage and players leaving again. already people r talking on social media - the ones from "no recoil" era I mean.

reducing recoil must be top 3 most retarded ideas. I honestly cant fathom why would they go back again, especially after a complete change in game development in update 47, when finally one person came with a positive vision in terms of game play.
I would honestly fire those who came up with this
wait and u will see reactions in upcoming weeks
shame on you VG and I dont care about being impolite again
shame on you for what u r doing to recoil and artifacts
HOW DARE YOU REDUCE RECOIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by da_capo on 25.10.2018, 19:40, edited 3 times in total.
da_capo

25.10.2018, 19:50

BąrвyLs: I have fear of 0.55 update, I read these things and it makes me nervous that they ruin everything again, change recoil? yes, why not, reduce? NO, increase, what place have the player skill, if all weapons are easy to control? it's gonna be very arcade. 1 tier system short waiting times and no bots is the only thing that makes me happy

i dont think VG will react to what u said, VG has no guts and solutions as well...... CONFUSED lol
bengkulu

25.10.2018, 19:50

da_capo:man when did u start playing this game??? coz if u had started eralier then 3 years, u should know that this decrease of recoil happened before. reason was the same - macro - and results were disastrous. it reached a point when even developers released a statement saying that decrease of recoil does not help and cannot overcome macro players. game play was at its worst where hip fire and speed were 10 times more effective then aim and skill game play. community was extremely enraged, with videos popping every day, showing how effective is speed in relation with hip fire. 99% of all weapons were useless and only smg were competitive. heavy and medium armor made no sense whatsoever.

I think none of this is true.

Tsjuder

25.10.2018, 20:20

da_capo:
man when did u start playing this game??? coz if u had started eralier then 3 years, u should know that this decrease of recoil happened before. reason was the same - macro - and results were disastrous. it reached a point when even developers released a statement saying that decrease of recoil does not help and cannot overcome macro players. game play was at its worst where hip fire and speed were 10 times more effective then aim and skill game play. community was extremely enraged, with videos popping every day, showing how effective is speed in relation with hip fire. 99% of all weapons were useless and only smg were competitive. heavy and medium armor made no sense whatsoever.
game was 100 % arcade, the most shittiest experience ever with quality dropped 10 times over. its so bad that I can find very low budget games better at FPS.
that why I said that devs havent had enough.
soon enough there will be rage and players leaving again. already people r talking on social media - the ones from "no recoil" era I mean.

reducing recoil must be top 3 most retarded ideas. I honestly cant fathom why would they go back again, especially after a complete change in game development in update 47, when finally one person came with a positive vision in terms of game play.
I would honestly fire those who came up with this
wait and u will see reactions in upcoming weeks
shame on you VG and I dont care about being impolite again
shame on you for what u r doing to recoil and artifacts
HOW DARE YOU REDUCE RECOIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you say that playing with one weapon, because others have worse recoil pattern is ok? Becouse this is how it looks gameplay now. T3 - AK74 everyone, T4 - SR-3M or AS Val everyone, T5 - AK15 or SR-2M everyone. Other weapons are useless. Maybe except Barrett, but it's weapon only for some specific open maps.

Now try to remind yourself patch 0.48-0.49. Every weapon was playable. Shotguns were fine (now maybe 1% of Survarium population playing shotguns). Even if there was 4 assault rifles on T9 all of them were playable. A545, OTS, HK and even 9A-91 for some players. Have you seen anyone play these weapons lately? Maybe few players. All becouse of hard recoil and other "better - means easier to control" weapons on the same tier.

Survarium it's not ARMA. This is arcade shooter actually. VG deleted every "advanced" mechanics like broken hands, damage sensitivity to individual parts of the body, bullet ricochet and many many more. Now they reducing meaning of articacts again. I don't like it, but these are the facts.
Albi

25.10.2018, 20:25

Tsjuder:

look sucker "no recoil" era:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVpshIQMVLU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4PMcb1uBN4
da_capo

25.10.2018, 20:35

Albi:

So you say that playing with one weapon, because others have worse recoil pattern is ok? Becouse this is how it looks gameplay now. T3 - AK74 everyone, T4 - SR-3M or AS Val everyone, T5 - AK15 or SR-2M everyone. Other weapons are useless. Maybe except Barrett, but it's weapon only for some specific open maps.

Now try to remind yourself patch 0.48-0.49. Every weapon was playable. Shotguns were fine (now maybe 1% of Survarium population playing shotguns). Even if there was 4 assault rifles on T9 all of them were playable. A545, OTS, HK and even 9A-91 for some players. Have you seen anyone play these weapons lately? Maybe few players. All becouse of hard recoil and other "better - means easier to control" weapons on the same tier.

Survarium it's not ARMA. This is arcade shooter actually. VG deleted every "advanced" mechanics like broken hands, damage sensitivity to individual parts of the body, bullet ricochet and many many more. Now they reducing meaning of articacts again. I don't like it, but these are the facts.

man u make sense but we've been through all these 3 years ago I think and feedback was really bad
furthermore, there is almost no way to build a good FPS and avoid macro. there is no way man. macro will always be there. u need to choose between having no recoil - to compensate for macro - and bad FPS game play or go for realistic recoil, macro (unavoidable) and high quality FPS
its not a matter of debate. everyone is for realistic recoil just because there is no way u can avoid macro. I honestly believe u r the only one I ever notice to go for no recoil and bad quality FPS. I told we've been through this 3 years ago and it was really bad. VG released a statement saying the "no recoil" cannot compensate macro 100% and it renders attachments useless. having no recoil makes iron sight godlike and simply renders aiming useless. ask Bullseye2 how effective was hipfire. he made a video about it. and many more others.
everyone knows that reducing recoil is not a solution including VG. thats why I cant fathom why they get back on it.
cheers
Last edited by da_capo on 25.10.2018, 20:36, edited 1 time in total.
da_capo

25.10.2018, 20:40

look another example of NO RECOIL era:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df-aucXGUS8
da_capo

25.10.2018, 21:49

da_capo:

There´s no need to get upset. Wait. There´ll come more things to get more upset with. Just be patient.
What I also like is how easy they decided to leave ELO as it is.

Start getting familiar with the russian language. You haven´t much time left on the english site of forums. I write this out of my own experience xDDD
RiotOfDoom
Survivor

25.10.2018, 21:49

da_capo:its disrespect to call someone a liar without doing research
u ****** **** ***** u have no idea on the issue coz u haven played the "no recoil" era
get ****ed ****** and stopped offending
I can look for developer statements on the "no recoil" issue ******. do some research and find it urself
u r complete ****** and useless

Oh wow, next your going to complain how you get banned for "no real reason"...

I might aswell explain everything wrong with the part I said isn't true:
"coz if u had started eralier then 3 years, u should know that this decrease of recoil happened before. reason was the same - macro - and results were disastrous.
First, you claim that it was over 3 years ago and then the proof is videos from .41 which was released in April 2016, that's less than 3 years. There sure was recoil reduction early on, but the reason back then wasn't macros, macros have become a point of discussion more only after BattlEye, which removed the "real cheaters". Back in some .3 or .4 the reason was "the game felt too hard for new players". The making macros ineffective is a new thing, which was mentioned with the introduction of "random recoil", in .46.
"it reached a point when even developers released a statement saying that decrease of recoil does not help and cannot overcome macro players."
Umm, nope. If someone can find me such a statement I'll give them a cookie.
"game play was at its worst where hip fire and speed were 10 times more effective then aim and skill game play. community was extremely enraged, with videos popping every day, showing how effective is speed in relation with hip fire."
Hip fire has never been more effective than ADS, "10 times" c'mon... Looking at those couple videos, yeah, not true. Someone finds a video a some jackass just running around like a headless chicken and hipfiring like crazy, and doing good, a cookie is not going to be enough, I have to think of something better.
"99% of all weapons were useless and only smg were competitive. heavy and medium armor made no sense whatsoever."
"99% of all weapons", guess we have like 1000 weapons if smgs are that 1%? And not even true, sure there have been stages when smgs were bit better than others, but other weapons being "useless", nah. And no wonder heavy and medium armor made no sense, equipment was split to clear categories in .46, that's march of 2017, not 3 years ago.

I think that covers about all of it.
Last edited by Tsjuder on 25.10.2018, 22:21, edited 3 times in total.

Tsjuder

25.10.2018, 21:54

Albi:I prefer low recoil instead of people with mouse macro

Why...why would you write something like that...
RiotOfDoom
Survivor

25.10.2018, 22:24

da_capo:
"no recoil" cannot compensate macro 100%

Yes. Cannot compensate macro 100%. But it's reduces the advantage of macro players over "clean" players. Your example youtube video from "NO RECOIL era" shows how actually works macro in 0.54. At that time no one had this problem because there was almost no recoil. It's funny, but true.

RiotOfDoom:
Why...why would you write something like that...

Becouse it's true. If someone want to try-hard in rating matches (for example) versus people without recoil on AK-47 like Dąriuś or other "clean pro ruskies" - it's not my problem. I'm not a machochist.
Last edited by Albi on 25.10.2018, 22:25, edited 2 times in total.
Albi

25.10.2018, 23:05

Tsjuder:

It is true, I remember the time where hipfire was so good with op SMGs like KRISS SuperV that you didn't even need to aim from up close. 9A-91 was insanely good at this too. In fact, I don't know how, but the chance for a headshot was higher from the hip and this was really annoying. I think this was the 0.34 update, it screwed everything, made even Ash-12 have little recoil.

@da_capo I'd say we should wait for the PTS, as they mentioned that all the weapons are being rebalanced. Weapon recoil can be made more enjoyable without reducing it, as IMHO they failed at their promise of giving us recoil patterns that eventually could be learned, like in CS:GO, a game that has hard recoil to master but no random patterns and macros aren't that prominent either. If you spray a weapon at a wall without trying to control its recoil (even though controlling it is easy), they recoil pattern is like 5m long in height lol.
Last edited by Chandrian on 25.10.2018, 23:17, edited 2 times in total.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

25.10.2018, 23:09

Tsjuder:No idea which way this is supposed to work, but neither is going to be good; 50% damage resistance applied first to any damage is going to be OP in any case, you know, 36 dmg*0,5*0,6= 10,8 . If its the other way, +50% to armor's damage reduction, it's going to be quite OP with heavy armor

AK74N 5% dmg headshot
37,8*3*0.5*0.6=34,02
so you will get 3-shot by a gun that shoots about 12 rounds a second, so if you are unlucky you can get killed in a quarter of a second with maximum armor and onyx active.
Kube

25.10.2018, 23:59

Chandrian:It is true, I remember the time where hipfire was so good with op SMGs like KRISS SuperV that you didn't even need to aim from up close. 9A-91 was insanely good at this too. In fact, I don't know how, but the chance for a headshot was higher from the hip and this was really annoying. I think this was the 0.34 update, it screwed everything, made even Ash-12 have little recoil.

Well I think there would have been more complaints about this on forum (many many complaints about netcode etc. so that very likely affected that better headshot chance from hip?), all I found was one post mentioning that hipfire with ASh is too accurate. But then again, .40 notes say base dispersion was increased (and recoil from hip was reduced??), so maybe it was bad in .34, but nowhere close to that "10 times"... And I couldn't find a good video to show this with (as of course, hipfire wasn't 10x better than aiming, it was of course worse) and I didn't play .34 at all myself and sadly missed all the x-mas guns...
Kube:AK74N 5% dmg headshot
37,8*3*0.5*0.6=34,02
so you will get 3-shot by a gun that shoots about 12 rounds a second, so if you are unlucky you can get killed in a quarter of a second with maximum armor and onyx active.

Well doesn't that mean it's not good enough? The difference being only 0,08 seconds. On the other hand AK-74 without +5% dmg does 36*3*0,5*0,6=32,04, so it needs 4 headshots with Onyx.
And then there's also that x*3*0,5*0,6=100 x=111,11, meaning all carbines need 2 headshots against heavy armor with Onyx...
Ribba:Aim for the head nigga

In many cases that won't be enough, nigga...

Tsjuder

26.10.2018, 02:04

this is 0 recoil update
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRCcUYrIT3A

hes playing many times with hipfire, even at long distances
watch the whole video. most of his kills r hipfire and its much more accurate
Last edited by da_capo on 26.10.2018, 02:27, edited 2 times in total.
da_capo

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to News