Read: Survarium's 0.55 Update Preview

Discussion of the latest news and events related to Survarium.

24.10.2018, 14:26

Three weeks have passed since the release of update 0.54, and today we are ready to share with you our plans for the near future. Read the preview of the upcoming update below!

Single Matchmaking Tier

With the release of patch 0.55, Survarium moves to a single level of match making. This means that the damage reduction of lower level weapons has been removed. Now the parameters of all weapons are in the range of their respective class, regardless of the level. The main parameter in matching teams is the ELO rating system. According to it players are divided into 3 categories.

We expect that due to the introduction of a single level, the number of bots (AI) in matches will be minimized, which will allow players to enjoy more battles against live opponents. Also, the search time for matches for players from the main ELO rating group will be reduced.

New pockets system

During the development process, we receive a lot of suggestions from players as to how we can improve Survarium. We try to respond to them, in accordance to our capabilities. So, players have often asked to limit the number of grenades that can be taken into battle. Having listened to the community, we introduce the concepts of "Pocket" and "Capacity of Pockets" into the game. The number of pockets can be no more than five and determines the number of different supplies available for use. The capacity of the pockets can be no more than eight and determines the maximum number of supplies that can be taken into battle. Each supply means use of a unit capacity. The number of pockets and their capacity is determined by your equipment. Special items are divided into the following categories: medicines, explosives, devices and other. You can fill pockets with various supplies. However, it is impossible to take more than eight medicines, two explosives and four devices.

https://survarium.com/sites/default/fil ... 20x801.png

Artifacts

Artifact effects are another important change in the future update. With the release of 0.55, you will not be able to activate two artifacts simultaneously. You must wait until the first artifact expires and then activate the second one. The “Onyx” artifact has an active ability of 4 seconds. Player gains + 50% damage resistance. The passive ability of the artifact “Spring” gives + 4% to the speed of movement of the character. “Larkspur” changes; now the active ability of the artifact gives the character 25 health points per second. The action will last 4 seconds, however it gets lost in receiving damage, or when using any first-aid kit.

Weapons and Equipment

In addition to the single level of match making, which was described above, we introduced a number of important changes and innovations. So, we have reduced and changed recoil on all weapons to a more comfortable one. In this regard, the “Spread” and “Spread when aiming” parameters are back in the game. We also reviewed the number of kills required to open slots for modules. Currently, the following values ​​apply:

- 100 kills - slot for aims;
- 250 kills - slot for grips;
- 500 kills - slot for silencers, muzzle flashes and other modules.

The price for repairs also depends on the level, but now it is unlinked from the item of equipment or weapons. For example, if a player has put at least one item of the fifth level of gear, he will pay for the repair at the fifth level of equipment. Below are the prices for repairs:

Level 1 - 0 silver;
Level 2 - 1000 silver;
Level 3 - 2000 silver;
Level 4 - 5000 silver;
Level 5 - 8000 silver.

Please note that these are approximate values ​​that may change according to the results of testing on a public server.

New lighting on the School location

We continue to work on a new graphics renderer. In patch 0.55, the lighting on the “School” location was redone, in accordance with the new quality standard. See the pictures below to check the changes.

https://survarium.com/sites/default/fil ... x912_0.jpg

Other changes

In addition, with the release of the upcoming update, Chinese localization will be available in Survarium, as well as a new server in Taipei (Taiwan), as a replacement for the former SEA server.

These are all the key changes that will appear in Survarium 0.55. We will present a full list with the release of the game update. Leave your comments on the forum and follow the further news of Survarium!
Андрияш Козловский

24.10.2018, 14:55

Hi,

So if i understand well, the weapon dispersion modifier, after being removed, make is return.
After the distance modifer remove and return, many players asked you to not do it again,
because of the time and the spare parts needed to have the modifiers we want.....
But maybe i'm wrong my english is not perfect.

The recoil reduction is a good idea, it will give more chance versus macros users.

For the other changes, it's difficult to say something before trying.
Last edited by ike07 on 25.10.2018, 14:48, edited 3 times in total.
ike07

24.10.2018, 15:48

Андрияш Козловский:eight medicines, two explosives and four devices.

Isn't 8 meds in total a lot even considering that judging by the image we can now have (at least) two different meds?
Андрияш Козловский:You must wait until the first artifact expires and then activate the second one.

I think that because of this and other changes to all artifacts we should be able to carry TWO or more artifacts of the same kind at the same time.
Last edited by Chandrian on 24.10.2018, 16:15, edited 1 time in total.
Chandrian
Survivor

24.10.2018, 16:07

So, they leave equipment levels (1 to5) for faction leveling sake but put all in same matchmaking. Also if they divide players by ELO into 3 categories it effectively means there are 3 tiers now not 1 tier!!!

This preview is so unclear on main feature and that is single tier... No one cares about pockets or new lighting on School map...

Please can someone specify more about first screenshoot and about "single tier system"
Last edited by happy shooter on 24.10.2018, 16:09, edited 2 times in total.

happy shooter

24.10.2018, 16:13

happy shooter:Also if they divide players by ELO into 3 categories it effectively means there are 3 tiers now not 1 tier!!!

This is just a category where you're matched to others according to your skill, but with the same level of equipment, so no, it's not 3 tiers.
happy shooter:No one cares about pockets or new lighting on School map...

Wow. You know, if you don't care it doesn't mean others don't.
happy shooter:specify more about first screenshoot

You mean to specify why the screenshot still has levels on equipment?
Chandrian
Survivor

24.10.2018, 16:26

Chandrian:
This is just a category where you're matched to others according to your skill, but with the same level of equipment, so no, it's not 3 tiers.

Wow. You know, if you don't care it doesn't mean others don't.

You mean to specify why the screenshot still has levels on equipment?

YES YES!!! More info on everything you can except pockets and new light on School, !!! :)

For example, armor values from level 1 to 5? lets say some heavy armors for comparison
Last edited by happy shooter on 24.10.2018, 16:37, edited 1 time in total.

happy shooter

24.10.2018, 16:40

Chandrian wrote:Isn't 8 meds in total a lot even considering that judging by the image we can now have (at least) two different meds?

That's correct. However in order to take such amount of items in match you'll have to:
1) Take specific equipment that likely will be inferior in other areas (e.g. less armor, speed or isolation)
2) Refrain from taking any other items in match so no grenades, mines or any other devices for you.
happy shooter wrote:Please can someone specify more about first screenshoot and about "single tier system"

What you've said is correct. Equipment is still unlocked by advancing in faction while matchmaker will now avoid placing with different skill levels in the same match thus improving match "quality".

ivan_vg
Vostok Games

24.10.2018, 17:12

Андрияш Козловский:“Larkspur” changes; now the active ability of the artifact gives the character 25 health points per second. The action will last 4 seconds, however it gets lost in receiving damage, or when using any first-aid kit.

So now my favourite artifact will be totaly useless. Effect shouldn't be lost when player receiving damage. Otherwise, it doesn't make sense. Nothing more than additional med-kit.
Albi

24.10.2018, 17:29

Albi:
So now my favourite artifact will be totaly useless. Effect shouldn't be lost when player receiving damage. Otherwise, it doesn't make sense. Nothing more than additional med-kit.

....Thats silly, Albi. the last 3 iterations that turned into a, for all intends and purposes, godmode device was a bad idea, mostly because its active was a flat upgrade from what the Onyx did when facing anything but a Barrett.

Regarding the update notes:

The degree of cyclical game design of VG has reached meme worthy levels as we now officially went full circle. Can't say I dislike it per se since the multiplative system of pcoket quantity and pocket depth isn't there. Adding dispersion back...Eh, neutral vote i'll first have to see how its implemented. As long you geniuses don't again give sniper rifles and carbine a 0.2 dispersion for whatever asinine reason
colers25

24.10.2018, 17:30

Albi:

Seems to me like a very extreme nerf. Maybe they didn't like the fact that players used them while receiving damage, but that was kind of the point of Larskpur artifact, wasn't it? On paper, the use it'll have now is to activate it between fights, as it's faster than popping a medkit, but the slow healing rate (4 seconds, 25hp/s) and the possibility of cancellation upon receiving damage will make it useless as an active artifact, unless they redesign some of the passive skills somehow.

These changes need some explanation as to why they're doing this after so many years.

I hope they'll change the Spring effect too a bit now that they're modifying artifacts. Its description says it increases the speed of ALL actions, but it only does so for reload and sprinting, so it's missing faster jumping, faster medkit activation animation, faster weapon swap.

colers25:Adding dispersion back...Eh, neutral vote i'll first have to see how its implemented. As long you geniuses don't again give sniper rifles and carbine a 0.2 dispersion for whatever asinine reason

My bet is they're adding this to balance out SMGs better at medium/long range and make them EXTREMELY useful only at short distances.
Last edited by Chandrian on 24.10.2018, 17:33, edited 2 times in total.
Chandrian
Survivor

24.10.2018, 18:01

colers25:The degree of cyclical game design of VG has reached meme worthy levels as we now officially went full circle.

VG's game design philosophy in a nutshell: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/96/9f/eb ... f8ca27.png

Chandrian:My bet is they're adding this to balance out SMGs better at medium/long range and make them EXTREMELY useful only at short distances.

According to lead GD "ads" dispersion will be minimal, so not much room for balancing here I guess.
Last edited by UnknownPlayer666 on 24.10.2018, 18:11, edited 1 time in total.
UnknownPlayer666

24.10.2018, 18:23

Awesome, finally!

I haven`t logged in for a year now, and this just might get me back in the game.
SotirMilivojevic

24.10.2018, 18:50

New lighting is cool and all, but please, bring back parallax mapping. All surfaces in Survarium are flat as a board, even in Stalker you had better textures.
Last edited by yaji on 24.10.2018, 18:50, edited 1 time in total.

yaji

24.10.2018, 20:18

If bleeding counts as damage that disables larkspur you can just delete that artifact from the game
Kube

24.10.2018, 20:47

yaji:New lighting is cool and all, but please, bring back parallax mapping. All surfaces in Survarium are flat as a board, even in Stalker you had better textures.

Yes while You are working on the new render consider this, and create (bringing back?) hi-res particles (gunshot sparks, sandstorms etc) and most importantly hi-res ANOMALIES not this blurry pixelated and bland thing that is currently in the game You may think that hardly any one notices/care about those but most certainly there are people that do care and see.
And are You ever going to fix/rework smoke grenades? Is volumetric smoke even a possibility in this game?
Last edited by Kardiofatim on 24.10.2018, 20:48, edited 1 time in total.

Kardiofatim

24.10.2018, 21:05

Kardiofatim:And are You ever going to fix/rework smoke grenades? Is volumetric smoke even a possibility in this game?

Lol, how about they rework it to be server-side first.
Chandrian
Survivor

24.10.2018, 21:32

Finally, this Bot-Farm-Simulator 17/18 has an end........!!!
apfelmu2

24.10.2018, 22:28

Yep better remove all anomalies and artifacts all together. None of them make any sense now. Larkspur is useless coz it does what medkit does, spring is useless coz it got nerffed and light armor does almost the same thing and onyx...nobody cares about it anymore.
Who got this ideas btw???
Bye bye static anomalies...u finally made it VG.
WELCOME BACK CoD clone Survarium - especially now with disspersion re added to the game.
Just remove anomalies and artifacts and call this game generic FPS

BRAVO
U made it eventually. CoD wins no matter what
Last edited by da_capo on 25.10.2018, 05:07, edited 2 times in total.
da_capo

25.10.2018, 01:09

Андрияш Козловский:
New pockets system

During the development process, we receive a lot of suggestions from players as to how we can improve Survarium. We try to respond to them, in accordance to our capabilities. So, players have often asked to limit the number of grenades that can be taken into battle. Having listened to the community, we introduce the concepts of "Pocket" and "Capacity of Pockets" into the game. The number of pockets can be no more than five and determines the number of different supplies available for use. The capacity of the pockets can be no more than eight and determines the maximum number of supplies that can be taken into battle. Each supply means use of a unit capacity. The number of pockets and their capacity is determined by your equipment. Special items are divided into the following categories: medicines, explosives, devices and other. You can fill pockets with various supplies. However, it is impossible to take more than eight medicines, two explosives and four devices.

https://survarium.com/sites/default/fil ... 20x801.png

Artifacts

Artifact effects are another important change in the future update. With the release of 0.55, you will not be able to activate two artifacts simultaneously. You must wait until the first artifact expires and then activate the second one. The “Onyx” artifact has an active ability of 4 seconds. Player gains + 50% damage resistance. The passive ability of the artifact “Spring” gives + 4% to the speed of movement of the character. “Larkspur” changes; now the active ability of the artifact gives the character 25 health points per second. The action will last 4 seconds, however it gets lost in receiving damage, or when using any first-aid kit.

Weapons and Equipment

In addition to the single level of match making, which was described above, we introduced a number of important changes and innovations. So, we have reduced and changed recoil on all weapons to a more comfortable one. In this regard, the “Spread” and “Spread when aiming” parameters are back in the game.
I have fear of 0.55 update, I read these things and it makes me nervous that they ruin everything again, change recoil? yes, why not, reduce? NO, increase, what place have the player skill, if all weapons are easy to control? it's gonna be very arcade. 1 tier system short waiting times and no bots is the only thing that makes me happy
Last edited by BąrвyLs on 25.10.2018, 06:53, edited 2 times in total.
BąrвyLs

25.10.2018, 05:01

Андрияш Козловский:In addition to the single level of match making, which was described above, we introduced a number of important changes and innovations. So, we have reduced and changed recoil on all weapons to a more comfortable one.

how dare u reduce recoil?!!!

Instead of working on balancing armor, u did the worst.
u shouldve worked on recoil based on movement and speed. u shouldve increased recoil twice as much and add realistic recoil behavior when ADAD.
u shouldve decreased speed twice as much when wearing light armor and decrease the overall speed regardless of armor.
u shouldve decreased aiming time based on weapon in use. with few exception, most weapons instantly aim now. additionally u shouldve worked in aiming behavior when running, full stop and ADAD
U SHOULDVE REMOVED DIAGONAL PATTERN

u havent had enough in 4 5 years???
now Im really upset and I sworn to refrain myself from being impolite

how dare u reduce recoil???

PS and btw why would u say community asked for all these????!!!! nobody asked any of these and if there are some requests, they are just sporadic. most requests were about something completely different. how dare u say community asked for all these?????!!!!!!!!!!!

WELCOME BACK UPDATE 47!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by da_capo on 25.10.2018, 05:08, edited 7 times in total.
da_capo

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to News