Read: Survarium Update 0.53 Preview

Discussion of the latest news and events related to Survarium.

12.07.2018, 23:06

Voice Chat --- GIGA MEGA ULTIMATE GREAT BIG HUGE _NO_ !
Tiny and/or raging and/or idiot and/or troll players will SHOUT/CRY/PLAY-MUSIC/PLAY-SOUNDS into the microphone at the whole game like in every other computer games where this feature was added!!! AND, this is an unnecessary data transfer on the Survarium's servers! Please Dima, and others! There are trillions of solutions to communicat with others! Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, Discord, Steam Voice, Viber Desktop, Skype, etc, etc, etc... DO NOT BURDEN the servers with this PLEASE! AND DO NOT BURDEN US WITH SHOUTING KIDS! Thank You!

Improved Weapon Module System --- SUPER ULTRA BRUTAL HUGE _YES_ !
Without any comments! This is great!

Continued Work on the Graphics Renderer --- A LIGHT _MAYBE_ ...
There are plenty of bugs what are more important to remove than graphical updates.
Grenades (and throwable scanners) are falling through the ground, if you miss your first melee attack, you are stuck (cannot attack again and/or cannot move), if you run or fall onto an enemy's head, you cannot move, i can mention several glitches where you can look through the ground/objects/obstacles/etc..., if you upgrading your weapon with attachments, and the match starts before you pressing "save" button, several times the attachment(s) is (are) gone (vanishing), etc etc etc... So, i think, focusing on removing annoying bugs are more important.

New Jumping Animation --- AN AVERAGE _WHY NOT?_ ?!
Please, give us the ability to shoot with weapons while jumping... For sure, without aiming (only from hip fire, with bigger recoil). This is a bit weird (more exactly: ridiculous) that soldiers and/or well self-trained survivors cannot shoot while jumping.

New Lobby --- A BIG _YES_ !
Maybe an option to be able to pick our favourit one, or randomly getting lobbies at every login.

My addendum:

- Tier system.
Please, think over it again, lowering the nomber of tiers is great! BUT give us 2 tiers instead of 1. There are stuff from early 1900's, and 2000's. Please, don't try to balance these items! Give us 2 tiers, "new tier 1" for older stuff (1900-1969) and a "new tier 2" for new/fictional stuff (1970-nowdays/fiction)! Please guys! Give this idea a chance! (And, be sure that, the level 1 new players wont play against level 100 full bison + barrett players! They will uninstall the game immediately! And Survarium needs new players to STAY!)

- Matchmaking system.
Matches based on the players' ELO sometimes are ultimately unbalanced! Be sure that 2 teams are absolutely NOT equal with 12000 / 12000 ELO if team 'A' are 3500+3500+1500+1000+1000+500+500+500=12000 and team 'B' are 2000+2000+2000+2000+1500+1000+1000+500=12000. Be sure that team 'A' will win that game in the 90% of the cases... Overall ELO is not enough to balance the matches!

- Game modes and maps.
Please allow all game modes on all the maps! It is boring to play Research or Slaughter or Artifact Hunt on the same 2-3 maps (mostly on only 1...) (Or add new maps to the game. But the best solution is to add new maps to the game AND allow all game modes on all old and new maps!)

- Players versus players (PVP)
REMOVE server selecting system from the PVP section!
Laggers with 400 ping is ridiculous to play with and/or against! And most of the cases they don't speak the selected server's "language" or even english!
Please force players to play on their own server, for example: players with European IP address should play only on EU servers. Do not allow Europeans to play on SEA server for example with 380 ping... Sorry about it, but Chile, Brazilia, Turkey, Venezuela, South Africa, New Zeland, Japan, Congo, Vietnam, China, India ARE NOT PART OF European Union (or even European Continent). That's why there are Russian, Oceanian and American servers...
Or just maximize the allowed ping in 80. 80 is a so-so in fast paced close combat action, but 80+ (for example 100) is seriously high, the high ping 'owner' survives these situations because of the hitbox issue or 'hitreg'. 100+ ping with light armour set + fastening anomaly makes that player nearly immortal! Usually eats up 20-30 bullets, or more!

- Players versus environment (PVE or Team Mission)
ADD server selecting system to the PVE section!
That is annoying as hell to get randomly on a server with 300 ping... Why are players forced to play laggy games? Many times we die because of an anomaly or a BOT that kills us while our screen is stopped for a short time... I swear, that is ultimately frustrating!

- Open World (Freeplay Mode)
Most of the players are waiting this from 2013. Try to implement this into Survarium as fast as possible! Is this mode under development?

- Factions
In 2016 VG said there will be a new faction (maybe new factionS). Is that new faction under development?

- Locations
Are new PVE (Team Mission) locations under development? VG said 7-8 months ago there will new parts to the PVE map in every month.

Sorry, for the long post, but i want you to know these about opinions and/or issues, and i want some information about these - if it is possible.

And again: Thank You!
Last edited by _ChE4ty_Br3Eki_ on 12.07.2018, 23:34, edited 3 times in total.
_ChE4ty_Br3Eki_

12.07.2018, 23:09

Kindly few new content
Push it guys, PvP won´t make the majority happy. Also this stuff had to be added earlier already.
50% chance for modules´ improvement.. :-/
Keep up the work, it´s mid 2018 ffs
Last edited by RiotOfDoom on 12.07.2018, 23:12, edited 1 time in total.
RiotOfDoom
Survivor

12.07.2018, 23:33

Niruxu:
You are refering to ftw here? I don't think thats correct, since ftw and the vision on "freeplay" are not the same.

The vision for Survarium PvP mode was engine testing ..... look where we are now. FtW is full of Survarium assets. Starting from sunflowers finishing with armor sets. As it took million years for VG make 1 PvE mission im gonna take FtW for freeplay and be happy with it.

No point waiting for something that clearly wont be happening. Its just not financially beneficial. Survarium shot in its leg with steam launch 2 weeks before massive rework of the game. And it kept on shooting.

With all the bad press taste in people mouth Survarium will never make enough money to justify all the massive work needed for new content. I dont consider current monetization pay2win - i consider it pay2need. As you will need to pay for certain things or you might wait for a miracle to happen. IF the monetization would change someway that you would actually want to spend money then the game might actually start making real income.

There are many other things that are wrong within Survarium. Until they are "fixed" we wont see many nea people joining. No extra cashflow. No extra content.

So, with a publisher giving a hand and VG using Survarium assets to the max ... im hoping for the best as it might be the alternative cashflow for VG to start making new exiting stuff for Survarium besides just some quality of life updates we get these days.
s0mething

13.07.2018, 00:47

s0mething:

The pvp mode wasn't only for engine testing purposes. It was always planned that Survarium will have a pvp mode, the devs only began developing it before the 2 other gamemodes, because it would/should lay the foundation for big chunks of these other 2 modes or would be otherwise helpful in developing those. But thats not even the point here. You can take ftw as their take on freeplay if you want but please refrain from writing things like "even the main gamemode everyone is waiting is coming out as seperate game." It reads like a fact, wich it is not, its just your assumption. Those false facts, wich (I think) emerge out of frustration about stagnating 'new content development' are dangerous. Look at the Steam Reviews or into the Steam forums, they are filled with people who are spreading false facts about this game, because they read it up somewhere, got told by other players, or something else, point is: they are hurting the Image of this game while doing so and therefore are pushing new players away. I understand your frustration, from time to time I also get frustrated about how non-transparent the developing of this game is, speaking of the views on certain things in vg's office. But stating assumptions as facts shouldnt be the way to let it out.

With the rest you wrote I am d'accord: yes there are lots of things that need to get fixed and yes, updating the Game takes vg hell of a time, but your views on p2w/p2n is something I dont share because as far as I know, you can get everything in the game for free, just by playing the Game. And all you need to do is to collect those permanent stash Maps. Then you can get every Item you want guaranteed. It just takes some time.
Then again you are right with the following, to a certain degree: " IF the monetization would change someway that you would actually want to spend money then the game might actually start making real income."
Only thing to do so I can think about are skins. But there lies the danger of flashing colorfull skins wich won't fit in the Survarium universe. So If VG should introduce such a monetarization, they should be really carefull to not Break the immersion.
Last edited by Niruxu on 13.07.2018, 00:55, edited 3 times in total.
Niruxu

13.07.2018, 01:10

I can't help but wonder why does the lobby keep getting changed (like everything else in the game). First we had the one that now is the basement of Shooting Range, then we got what we have now, next the faction-based lobby concept was announced and we even saw clips of it, and now we're getting an apartment. Will it be customizable this time to make it as cozy as the preview makes it sound? :)

s0mething:It was said 2 years ago that the game is 80% finished

Wrong, that was said about PVP. Since then we got some co-op, the modules system and more work on the renderer, but very little regarding PVP so it shows it's almost feature complete. Besides, how can the game be 80% complete if it's at 0.52 now and 2 years ago was even less.

@Niruxu, +1
Last edited by Chandrian on 13.07.2018, 01:14, edited 1 time in total.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

13.07.2018, 02:03

This new lobby is a very different direction for the game tone, setting, and aesthetic. I wonder what the larger story is behind this change.

The lighting changes look very nice.

Updating modules, sounds like the upgrade system from 2014 where you rolled extra equipment together to upgrade them?

Dynamic resolution to maintain FPS is a feature I suggested a few times and it is very exciting to see it as a feature in the preview. I hope it helps players who care more about FPS but also would appreciate good resolultion balance when possible. Thank you for implementing it!

I am not returning to the game but this update is interesting.
chicken_feet

13.07.2018, 05:04

Ill come back just to check on the new lobby. its been a long time waiting just for this...
thank you for that
next maybe static anomalies?!!!...just saying
da_capo

13.07.2018, 06:16

da_capo:next maybe static anomalies

da_capo:?!!!

da_capo:just saying

Lol, with a knife down their throats xD
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

13.07.2018, 12:05

Minor cosmetic changes for me. But better than nothing.
I am also little skeptical about voice chat - how it influence game servers regarding load and network connection quality.
Voice kids may also be annoying like frequently turning on and off voice chat because of this.
Modules "lottery" - if the "50%" chances are the same as in gear upgrades (the same pseudo "random" generator) - then no, thx.

As for static anomalies - I also long for them. It was the best feature of Survarium. Have an idea: "static anomalies for gold" :)
You can see static anomalies (and die within them) for gold only, as all the best features in Survarium are (upgrades, mission changes, etc.). Maybe this could inspire developers to get them back?

One new map would be better than 100 new lobbies.

ixtern

13.07.2018, 12:30

Chandrian:

Lol, with a knife down their throats xD

man wtf they promised. u scare me...
and u guys should stop minimizing the importance of the new lobby. its been stressed many times in the past just so bad this lobby we know actually is and how in need game is for another one.
btw is the update already on??
Last edited by da_capo on 13.07.2018, 12:34, edited 2 times in total.
da_capo

13.07.2018, 12:33

You will be able to mute all or mute individuals while using voicechat as well as text chat for enemy team or/and teammates. Nice and cool.
Last edited by UnknownPlayer666 on 13.07.2018, 12:33, edited 1 time in total.
UnknownPlayer666

13.07.2018, 15:04

Voice chat
Question: How will the voice chat work?
Answer: It will be available after switching to text chat mode. In this mode, you have the mouse cursor, and you can block the ally's voice and text chat, as well as the text chat of opponents. In normal mode, only the indication of speakers is available and an indication of what you are saying is available.

Question: Will I have a voice chat if I am chat banned?
Answer: Yes.

Question: Will I be able to communicate by voice chat with players from the enemy team?
Answer: No. Voice chat only works for allies

Question: Will the load on the PC increase with the voice chat turned on more than when using Team Speak or Discord?
Answer: It's hard to say. We use the Opus codec, the current settings are 20kbps per player. We expect to provide a level of load comparable to the above programs.

Question: Will the disconnection of the game chat reduce the load on the PC and the network?
Answer: Yes, it will, but according to our measurements it is very insignificant.

New lobby
Question: Will the new lobby be able to change the time of day and / or weather effects?
A: Thank you for the interesting idea. To implement this , we need to make some technical changes, which we plan to do, not just to the lobby :)

Q: Is change in music planned for the new lobby? Sound effects?
Answer: The idea, with new music for the lobby, seems interesting to us. We'll discuss within the team. Sound effects are planned. For example, you will hear the sound of the refrigerator and so on.

Question: What will happen to the old lobby? Will you remove it?
Answer: So far, since we want to hear feedback from players about the new variation. By the way, in the future, other options for the lobby will be possible.

Improved modules
Question: Is it possible to get a sight from a silencer?
Answer: If we limit the improvement of modules solely with body kits of the same type, then getting the legendary module will be very difficult.

Question: What do you think, maybe it was worth doing better modules system, For example, barter with a trader?
Answer: The idea is interesting, but we did not have time to implement it.

Question: Will the main module be lost with an unsuccessful attempt?
Answer: No, it will not.

Other
Question: Why didn't the single tier get introduced in 0.53. Have you given up the idea?
Answer: No, of course not! But the transition to a uniform level of equipment - this is a large amount of work, and we did not have time to do everything before completing the features list for 0.53.

Question: When will the public testing of Survarium 0.53 begin?
Answer: We need some time to prepare an update of 0.53 for the public test server. We will inform you about the terms further. Follow the news on the site!
joewillburn
Vostok Games

13.07.2018, 15:33

Oh for voice comms, will we be able to mute it, or mute specific people? I can't wait for some jerk on voice comms to just spam it for the lulz.
VioletRose

13.07.2018, 15:33

_ChE4ty_Br3Eki_ wrote:
- Matchmaking system.
Matches based on the players' ELO sometimes are ultimately unbalanced! Be sure that 2 teams are absolutely NOT equal with 12000 / 12000 ELO if team 'A' are 3500+3500+1500+1000+1000+500+500+500=12000 and team 'B' are 2000+2000+2000+2000+1500+1000+1000+500=12000. Be sure that team 'A' will win that game in the 90% of the cases... Overall ELO is not enough to balance the matches!
And again: Thank You!

MM based on ELO is very accurate. The issue comes in when there are multiple tiers that require matching with multiple levels of ELO. New player, same tier, low elo, matched with old player, same tier, high elo because there are not enough players in the queue (not for the mode or tier) but with the specific tier and elo to match (for example) the high elo player. So ultimately, the elo is sacrificed and a best-made match is done. I've been told that once the single tier system is implemented, the ELO based MM will be great.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

13.07.2018, 15:42

VioletRose wrote:Oh for voice comms, will we be able to mute it, or mute specific people? I can't wait for some jerk on voice comms to just spam it for the lulz.

"Each player has the ability to turn off both voice and text chat of any player and voice chat can be controlled in the audio settings."

People don't read these days do they? :p
joewillburn
Vostok Games

13.07.2018, 15:55

Albi wrote:Unfortunately it's only for 2 maps

Other maps have already had their updates. Maps like Radar, Kurgan, Rudnya, Chemical Plant.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

13.07.2018, 16:17

joewillburn:Voice chat
Question: How will the voice chat work?
Answer: It will be available after switching to text chat mode. In this mode, you have the mouse cursor, and you can block the ally's voice and text chat, as well as the text chat of opponents. In normal mode, only the indication of speakers is available and an indication of what you are saying is available.

I think this should be done when in TAB menu, the one that shows the scoreboard. You'd be able to see the volume and mute icons next to each nick and it would be more obvious than having to do it inside text chat that now suddenly has new functions. A lot of newbies don't even know that you can change text channels with TAB when text chat is open...
joewillburn:Question: Will I have a voice chat if I am chat banned?
Answer: Yes.

There should be an option to report people for offensive chatter, spam and insults when using voice chat. Get enough reports and you'll get muted temporarily so you don't bother anyone else.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

13.07.2018, 16:23

joewillburn:

"Each player has the ability to turn off both voice and text chat of any player and voice chat can be controlled in the audio settings."

People don't read these days do they? :p

Read, what's that? :)
VioletRose

13.07.2018, 17:52

I wonder if Push-to-talk option will be available in voice chat.
Tanatloc

13.07.2018, 18:21

Tanatloc wrote:I wonder if Push-to-talk option will be available in voice chat.

Players will have an option to use "Push to Talk" or "Activation by Voice"
dima

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to News