Read: Survarium Update 0.53 Preview

Discussion of the latest news and events related to Survarium.

12.07.2018, 17:59

Welcome, Survivors! It's time to tell you all about what exactly the Survarium development team has been working on in recent months and what will be added to the game in Update 0.53.

Voice Chat

In 0.53 players are given a new opportunity: voice chat in PvP and PvE matches. Now you can communicate with each other directly in the game without the need of third-party applications. By default, voice chat works for allies. Each player has the ability to turn off both voice and text chat of any player and voice chat can be controlled in the audio settings.

https://survarium.com/sites/default/fil ... hat_en.jpg

Players can always choose not to use voice chat. This is of course if you do not want to listen to allies or want to save on internet traffic. At the moment, voice chat is available during the match, we plan to develop this further, but first we want to gather feedback from the players.

Improved Weapon Module System

This system was announced earlier in the year, finally, it will be added with the release of 0.53. Now you can use the accumulated weapon modules (of the same type) to obtain rarer modules with improved characteristics. Improving the characteristics of a module can be done using three any other modules of the same type. The chance of successful improvement is 50%, but for gold you will have a 100% success rate.

https://survarium.com/sites/default/fil ... 62x993.jpg

Continued Work on the Graphics Renderer

After the release of the 0.52 update, we continued to work on the new graphics renderer's visual effects. We paid close attention to optical effects and light sources. So, in 0.53 you will see the addition of God rays, lens flares, an anamorphic flare (directional bloom) and an effect of lens dirt.

In 0.52, we added SSAO, its implementation turned out to be great for quality, but quite heavy on resources. Therefore, in 0.53, we completely reworked this effect and achieved both good quality and many times better performance. In addition, a new option was added to the graphics settings: dynamic resolution scaling. If you enable this option, the resolution scaling will change in real-time to maintain the specified frame rate, which depends on the frequency of the monitor. We will continue to improve the graphic rendering in Survarium and work on optimization and image quality improvement. As always, we welcome all players to actively help us with this. In particular, improvements to SSAO were made with your help, for which we want to thank you!

New lighting on locations "Tarakanovsky Fort" and "Vector Laboratory"

As the capabilities of the new graphics render increase, we paid much attention to improving lighting in game locations. In 0.53 you will be presented with updated maps Tarakanovsky Fort and Vector Laboratory.

https://survarium.com/sites/default/fil ... x912_0.jpg
https://survarium.com/sites/default/fil ... 12x912.jpg

New Jumping Animation

The animation component of any shooter is an important aspect, so we have continued to improve the character's animation in the game. In the 0.53 we will add a new jump animation: character movements will become more responsive and natural. Moreover, now the character will be able to fire without an extra step after jumping.

https://coub.com/view/1aypqe

New Lobby

In 0.53 we draw your attention the new design of the game lobby. A Light, cozy apartment of around 33 square meters, with a well-preserved rug and an old refrigerator, storing a cold bottle that can warm the soul. A place where you want to return to after a long day of wandering, throw your backpack onto the table and relax in a chair, drinking freshly boiled tea with a few teaspoons of sugar.

There is everything for a comfortable life: a tub for morning and evening bathing, windows, a deckchair, an improvised workbench and a pair of working lights. The house is made of solid Soviet bricks, which allows you to hear noises from above and below, and the slots in the doors not only provide a neat draft, but also guarantee additional audibility of sound from the outside. The high arrangement of the apartment provides peace and quiet and allows for restful sleep. Try your new abode and share your impressions with us!

https://survarium.com/sites/default/fil ... 0x1080.jpg

These are only the key changes that will appear in 0.53. Also, on side note, we fixed the most frequent bugs causing the game to crash, improved network synchronization, reduced the use of video memory and more! A complete list of changes will be provided with the release of the game update. Leave your comments on the forum and follow us on social media for further news from the Survarium team!
Last edited by joewillburn on 03.08.2018, 10:20, edited 5 times in total.
Андрияш Козловский

12.07.2018, 18:23

No new weapons ? No new Maps ?? No new item ?? Wtf ?? Where is NEW CONTENT ???? This game is BORING !!!
Emto

12.07.2018, 18:26

gooooooooooood and greate news
BLAG

12.07.2018, 18:34

You update a few months, and fix only what is in the game. When you add new maps, when you add new cooperative missions, when we get new weapons. When new factions. When more levels of the character. When a new skill tree. Graphics should be a second thing. This game is boring, because the time is playing the same way. On the same maps, with the same weapon.
Emto

12.07.2018, 18:53

Huge letdown for me. If there won't be any special summer event taking place, I'd probably play a few matches and leave the game behind till the next update.
Last edited by spinach on 12.07.2018, 18:53, edited 1 time in total.
spinach

12.07.2018, 18:58

Wow, just wow, sweet news.

Kardiofatim

12.07.2018, 19:00

Андрияш Козловский:Each player has the ability to turn off both voice and text chat of any player
That is the best part of this update :D
BąrвyLs

12.07.2018, 19:01

Had the fridge gif ready, but am actually impressed. Good job Vostok, expecting to test this on PTS.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

12.07.2018, 19:50

My opinion and questions:

- Voice chat:
This is good idea and I'm sure it will help in communication between players.
It will be available only for premade squads or for whole team?
Will it be possible to disable voice and text chat by one click for all players in match? To mute all of them and hear only voice commands?

- Improved Weapon Module System:
This improvement was announced long time ago (when you worked on this system). Of what I remember 100% chance for module upgrade was supposed to be for big amount of silver. Why this idea was abandoned?

- Graphics renderer:
The lighting effects are very nice, but I'm afraid there will be many situations when the enemy will be above me and I will not see him because of the blinding sun. We'll see it on PTS.

- New lighting on locations "Tarakanovsky Fort" and "Vector Laboratory":
It's nice to see graphics improvements. Unfortunately it's only for 2 maps and from what I suspect only in the sunny weather?
If one month takes you guys to work on one kind of weather on one map.. and there's 9 maps, every map can be sunny/sunset/rainy.. 9x3=27.. 27 months = over 2 years to do nice shadows on every map. I'm correct? This is not too long? There are many other (important for us - players) things to do that are on "low priority list" created by Chandrian on this forum.

- New Jumping Animation:
This is actualy bad idea. I hate bunnyhope's in games. This is one of main reasons why I'm still playing Survarium. Skill and aim counts, not how quickly you jump to avoid damage becouse of resync. It's quite unrealistic for me. I don't like it. Anyway many textures in Survarium are created for such jumping, as it used to be. Secret box spawns near sawmill in PvE mission, ravines above which you can jump, corridors on chemical plant for example.. with short jump there will be no way to jump on these locations.

- New Lobby:
Seriously guys? I thought it would be something with UI.. Instead of designing a room with details like carpet, computer etc. you should spend this time to create new weapons or maps. First lobby was amazing. Next (current) is even ok.. but this.. I don't know guys.. Why do you do what you shouldn't do? ;/ You answer us many times that you have other important things on priority list to do. Is this more important than fixing bugs, adding new content, repairing ranking system? I don't think so..

And my final question: Where is 1-tier rebalance? It was supposed to be in patch 0.53.
Last edited by Albi on 12.07.2018, 20:08, edited 2 times in total.
Albi

12.07.2018, 20:12

No static anomalies?
Well, no coming back for me
polish-stalker876

12.07.2018, 20:15

Albi:
- New lighting on locations "Tarakanovsky Fort" and "Vector Laboratory":

Dargalon (the dev that works on lightning remaster) said that the sunny presets are taking so much time because they are doing it from ground zero. When done, sunset and rain presets should arrive faster, since they have sunny presets to use as reference.

Albi:
- New Jumping Animation:

The problem with current jump is that it's waaaaay to long and makes character unresponsive after landing (unable to fire and move properly). Judging from the COUB, reworked jump animation looks shorter than usual, and the distance is also shorter. So bunny hopping shouldn't be a problem.

Albi:
- New Lobby:

Priorities are important, but if this is all they can intoduce in 0.53, it means that they need more time on those higher priority things.

Albi:And my final question: Where is 1-tier rebalance? It was supposed to be in patch 0.53.

Joe said that 1 tier is not ready yet for 0.53, because of the huge amount of work that needs to be done with it. Let's be patient :)
Last edited by UnknownPlayer666 on 12.07.2018, 20:18, edited 3 times in total.
UnknownPlayer666

12.07.2018, 20:23

Any news about map variations?

yaji

12.07.2018, 20:25

Андрияш Козловский:New Lobby

In 0.53 we draw your attention the new design of the game lobby. A Light, cozy apartment of around 33 square meters, with a well-preserved rug and an old refrigerator, storing a cold bottle that can warm the soul. A place where you want to return to after a long day of wandering, throw your backpack onto the table and relax in a chair, drinking freshly boiled tea with a few teaspoons of sugar.

There is everything for a comfortable life: a tub for morning and evening bathing, windows, a deckchair, an improvised workbench and a pair of working lights. The house is made of solid Soviet bricks, which allows you to hear noises from above and below, and the slots in the doors not only provide a neat draft, but also guarantee additional audibility of sound from the outside. The high arrangement of the apartment provides peace and quiet and allows for restful sleep. Try your new abode and share your impressions with us!

Big thank you to whoever wrote this, made my day. :)

Tsjuder

12.07.2018, 20:50

Tsjuder wrote:Big thank you to whoever wrote this, made my day. :)

Thank you!

You are the one who noticed this, though IMO English translation could be a bit better.

This is my try:
"In 0.53 we draw your attention to the new design of the game lobby. A Light, cozy apartment of around 33 square meters, with a well-preserved rug and an old refrigerator, storing a cold bottle that can warm the soul. A place where you want to return to after a long day of wandering, throw your backpack and fall apart on a chair, drinking hard boiled lifebone with slices of refined sugar.

There is everything for a comfortable life: a tub for morning and evening bathing, whole windows, a deckchair, an improvised workbench and a pair of working lights. The house is made of solid Soviet bricks, which allows you to hear noises from above and below, and the slots in the doors not only provide a neat draft, but also guarantee additional audibility of sound from the outside. The high arrangement of the apartment gives the prevailing control for a quiet, sensitive sleep. Try your new abode and share your impressions with us!"
dima

12.07.2018, 21:12

all these updates are fine, but it shouldn't take that long to implement voice chat, a 15-frame animation, lighting tweaks for two 500m² map and a simple mechanic of "3 of the same makes 1 better". I've played this game since before steam edition and there have been 3 separate renderers implemented (so that the industry standard of PBR rendering can logically and finally be used), and a netcode rework that is pretty much reinventing the wheel, as far as I can tell.
I am patient, and honestly not that hyped anymore for the mode everyone is expecting, but throw your players some crumbs of new content. There is no way you can perfect what you have and THEN work on new content, since the new content will bring more balancing/optimization issues that will bring you back to square 1. People are impatient and it takes a shit ton of work to make them turn their heads to Survarium's way. Each and every single feature implemented in this patch you announced, is solely a quality-of-life upgrade for veterans - except the graphics update - and seems very difficult to revamp the interest in Survarium of new players or players that have left the game.

I love this game, the weapons feel fantastic and the PvP is challenging when played with actual opponents. It just promised too much, and too long ago. I just hope there is some creative vision still in the developers' minds, and not just catering to the fans' generic requests. Creative minds make games, catering to fans makes abandonware.

My best wishes to the dev team
Omocher

12.07.2018, 22:03

With Survarium lore setting there would be tons more fun places a survivor would live than old sramped apartment. Let me name a few; a bunker, abandoned villa, penthouse sweet, a yaht, airport lounge. If i would be a handful of survivors in Survarium setting then 33 square meters apartment would be the last place i would live in. The first lobby - the bunker, was the best. Current one .... i really hated it at first but i have learned to accept it. But apartment ...... why ....

Everything else in update seems to be nice and dandy. One thing tho .... what happens with the 50% success rate when you fail - are both modules destroyed or you can just try again ?
s0mething

12.07.2018, 22:10

Omocher:all these updates are fine, but it shouldn't take that long to implement voice chat, a 15-frame animation, lighting tweaks for two 500m² map and a simple mechanic of "3 of the same makes 1 better". I've played this game since before steam edition and there have been 3 separate renderers implemented (so that the industry standard of PBR rendering can logically and finally be used), and a netcode rework that is pretty much reinventing the wheel, as far as I can tell.
I am patient, and honestly not that hyped anymore for the mode everyone is expecting, but throw your players some crumbs of new content. There is no way you can perfect what you have and THEN work on new content, since the new content will bring more balancing/optimization issues that will bring you back to square 1. People are impatient and it takes a shit ton of work to make them turn their heads to Survarium's way. Each and every single feature implemented in this patch you announced, is solely a quality-of-life upgrade for veterans - except the graphics update - and seems very difficult to revamp the interest in Survarium of new players or players that have left the game.

I love this game, the weapons feel fantastic and the PvP is challenging when played with actual opponents. It just promised too much, and too long ago. I just hope there is some creative vision still in the developers' minds, and not just catering to the fans' generic requests. Creative minds make games, catering to fans makes abandonware.

My best wishes to the dev team

It was said 2 years ago that the game is 80% finished - means there wont be new maps - no new factions - even the main gamemode everyone is waiting is coming out as seperate game.
s0mething

12.07.2018, 22:53

Андрияш Козловский:
The house is made of solid Soviet bricks, which allows you to hear noises from above and below, and the slots in the doors not only provide a neat draft, but also guarantee additional audibility of sound from the outside.

I laughed, well written!

Really nice that you managed to put together a voicechat-option!
Niruxu

12.07.2018, 22:55

Nothing new. VG answers only for praise and good opinions. We wasting time.
Albi

12.07.2018, 22:58

s0mething:

It was said 2 years ago that the game is 80% finished - means there wont be new maps - no new factions - even the main gamemode everyone is waiting is coming out as seperate game.

You are refering to ftw here? I don't think thats correct, since ftw and the vision on "freeplay" are not the same.
Niruxu

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to News