Survarium Update 0.52 Preview

Discussion of the latest news and events related to Survarium.

23.03.2018, 13:33

Guys, there will no PTS this week. It will take us some more time to prepare the build. Our apologies.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

23.03.2018, 20:43

joewillburn:Guys, there will no PTS this week. It will take us some more time to prepare the build. Our apologies.

What should we be looking for during testing of 0.52 if the special event will not be present?
chicken_feet

23.03.2018, 20:47

chicken_feet:
What should we be looking for during testing of 0.52 if the special event will not be present?

umm, upgraded renderer, hello ?

probably new module crafting system as well.
UnknownPlayer666

23.03.2018, 23:05

UnknownPlayer666:

umm, upgraded renderer, hello ?

probably new module crafting system as well.

Listening the the podcast it sounded like the new renderer is not ready, but we must abandon the old renderer now, so we are not necessarily getting better graphics in 0.52. We are just being forced onto the unfinished new renderer to make development easier.

New module is new. That makes one thing to test.

Footage of new renderer would help but we are not going to get any according to Joe because PTS will suffice.
Last edited by chicken_feet on 23.03.2018, 23:06, edited 1 time in total.
chicken_feet

23.03.2018, 23:23

chicken_feet:
Listening the the podcast it sounded like the new renderer is not ready, but we must abandon the old renderer now, so we are not necessarily getting better graphics in 0.52. We are just being forced onto the unfinished new renderer to make development easier.

New module is new. That makes one thing to test.

Footage of new renderer would help but we are not going to get any according to Joe because PTS will suffice.

Well, correct lightning, reworked textures and PBR is a good start after taking into consideration that current renderer is vomit inducing. It's not "Crysis" level of eye candy, but eye candy nonetheless.
UnknownPlayer666

24.03.2018, 06:55

UnknownPlayer666:

Well, correct lightning, reworked textures and PBR is a good start after taking into consideration that current renderer is vomit inducing. It's not "Crysis" level of eye candy, but eye candy nonetheless.

I don't think any of those features are going to show up in the PTS.
chicken_feet

24.03.2018, 15:45

chicken_feet:
I don't think any of those features are going to show up in the PTS.

I'd say you're pretty wrong. Dima's words:
in 0.52 we will have a much richer format, which has unpacked RGB, normals, translucency, better shadows quality, better lighting, lighting probes usage (specular and ambient), atmosphere, fog, tone mapping, color grading, exposure, bloom, and blur.

we also hope to have simple, but efficient anti-aliasing (FXAA)

The new renderer in 0.52 will still lack wet surfaces, god rays, lens flares, ambient occlusion, motion blur, subsurface scattering.

All of that won't be implemented to live server without first testing it.
Last edited by Chandrian on 24.03.2018, 15:46, edited 1 time in total.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

24.03.2018, 18:33

Let's hope so.
chicken_feet

29.03.2018, 10:40

You team need to add new weapons where the rest of Ak and M4 family new sniper rifles etc.., upgrade the new module system with more variety like the one in Escape from trakov .

Ahmed_Sn1per

29.03.2018, 11:55

Ahmed_Sn1per wrote:You team need to add new weapons where the rest of Ak and M4 family new sniper rifles etc.., upgrade the new module system with more variety like the one in Escape from trakov .

Upgrade the module system with variety? Are you joking? You can have multiple modules of many different types installed on a weapon simultaneously. When last have you tried upgrading your weapons?
joewillburn
Vostok Games

29.03.2018, 12:18

joewillburn:

Upgrade the module system with variety? Are you joking? You can have multiple modules of many different types installed on a weapon simultaneously. When last have you tried upgrading your weapons?

hour ago look at Escape from trakov and you will know what i mean , for example the weapon stock should have variety and why we cant install two scopes on most of weapons like AKM ?
and what about adding new weapons to the game?
thanks

https://i.imgur.com/JDqekLF.jpg
Last edited by Ahmed_Sn1per on 29.03.2018, 12:57, edited 2 times in total.

Ahmed_Sn1per

29.03.2018, 12:31

joewillburn:

Up to 10 different versions of each module that have the same stats (so they feel redundant) and modules that are useless (like less recoil on bolt action rifles) or that make no sense (scopes adding range). Various slots on the weapons to install modules in them, true, but most get locked upon installing modules or are just useful to change where it'll be placed.

A lot of modules are just cosmetic changes. How many supressors or muzzle brakes do we have with the same stats but just different in looks? I doubt they do the same thing in real life or other games that have this kind of "variety". For example, short range scopes just having cosmetic changes is understandable, but not on other kind of modules.

Where are the magazine extensions, at least for guns like Mp7? What happened to the different stocks that guns like VSK94 or VSS had?

This is the opinion the community has about the modules system that I see every day in game chat and on social media channels. It's half done (inb4 will be adjusted and/or completed when possible) and can only be compared to what EFT has in the way that it's worse, less realistic, less feature complete, fewer options. Please, even if it could be understandable for you to do this because you're a PR, don't state on Facebook that what Surva has is more realistic because apart from making people laugh behind your back it gives the impression that you haven't played or even seen what EFT has to offer in this regard.
Last edited by Chandrian on 29.03.2018, 12:33, edited 1 time in total.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

29.03.2018, 12:54

joewillburn:

Yes, with variety. Half of the modules are useless because of their stats and other half are copy-paste of each other, making the "variety" of this new system applicable only to the cosmetics of your gun. You don't need to run after EFT audience and compete with their gun modding capabilities (it's not possible with studio of your size), just finish what you started and make it meaningful.
UnknownPlayer666

29.03.2018, 13:04

joewillburn:Upgrade the module system with variety?

Why you are so surprised? VG actually promised that this is just a part of weapon mod system. And actualy ther is no variety at all because of bad design of module stats.
Pasza_dem

29.03.2018, 15:05

Chandrian wrote:PR, don't state on Facebook that what Surva has is more realistic

I never stated it is more realistic than EFT. But the inspiration for our module system (as I was told) is based on a more realistic impression than our previous one.

Pasza_dem wrote:Why you are so surprised? VG actually promised that this is just a part of weapon mod system. And actualy ther is no variety at all because of bad design of module stats.

You are correct, there is more to come with regard to the module system.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

29.03.2018, 16:28

joewillburn:

joewillburn:
You are correct, there is more to come with regard to the module system.

m8
colers25

29.03.2018, 16:35

colers25 wrote:

m8

My comment still stands. There is a pretty wide variety of options in the current system while still expansion on it is planned for the future.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

29.03.2018, 17:09

joewillburn:

My comment still stands. There is a pretty wide variety of options in the current system while still expansion on it is planned for the future.

I'm just saying that its a bit silly to chastise someone for asking for more variety (Which should be read as role-altering attachments, as opposed to the predominantly role-enchancing attachments we have now), and admit 2 posts later that it is in the works as promised.

In absolute honesty, the realistic gain in variety between 0.51 and 0.52 is fairly minimal, if we are talking about altering the function and role of a weapon. We merely have gotten substantially more variety within the options we already had (being capable of choosing where the sights are places, what the sights are, what muzzle brake we get etc), but for the bigger part if we are talking about raw stats, its still mostly a grip, a laser sight, a muzzle attachment and a sight, with the only significant change from the previous system in terms of points of customizability being that we can now have grips and sights at the same time.

Not to knock the system, I think its pretty great and it has made weapon customization more fun, and implementing the system in full form from the getgo would obviously not go very well, but while most guns have only 3-4 effective points of customization, the effective alteration between a weapon from its standard form to its most modded form hasn't changed *That* much, only how the most modded form looks
colers25

29.03.2018, 18:50

After such a long time, I'm back! :)

I'm truly astonished with what I've seen so far. Especially with the latest feature. I have never seen any F2P nor P2P game out there having this!

@joewillburn, please forward my congratz to the devs. :)
Jäeger
Veteran

29.03.2018, 20:44

Jäeger wrote:I'm truly astonished with what I've seen so far. Especially with the latest feature. I have never seen any F2P nor P2P game out there having this!

Welcome back. Which feature exactly?
joewillburn
Vostok Games

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to News