Patch 0.51c1 is live on the PTS!

Discussion of the latest news and events related to Survarium.

16.02.2018, 16:58

We have updated the Public Test Server to Survarium version 0.51c! To participate in the test, please download new game version. Please note that the temporary shutdowns of the PTS are possible when installing updates and making urgent changes.

You can participate in the test if you registered in Survarium no later than February 12. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to login to the PTS if you have registered via Steam due to a different authentication system.

All testers will receive 10 thousand spare parts, 10 million silver, and 10 thousand gold to make purchases on the PTS. Characters and progress in the main game as of February 12 will be copied to the test server. However, the progress you make during the test will not be transferred back to the main server! The PTS has no way if receiving payments, so purchases made in Survarium shop are automatically credited to your account on the main server.

Read find the update notes of Survarium PTS 0.51c1 below. Please note that those are not final and The public server will receive version improved based on the results of the testing! See you on the PTS!

The Complete List of Changes in PTS 0.51c1

Technical improvements

Optimized the game client for multi-core systems;
Optimized calculations for the gaming client;
Fixed minor hangups (support) of the game client during the match, due to which users were forced to disable the use_render_device_thread command line argument (including using third-party programs to run the game client).

User interface

Improved interface performance in combat (window "TAB");
Fixed a flashing of the character on the V2.0 renderer (Inventory tab).

Bug Fixes

Fixed a bug due to which the grenades failed to explode (when throwing a large number of grenades);
Fixed a bug due in "Team Missions" in which bots had the wrong level of equipment.
Fixed a bug which caused faulty player footstep sound playback (in some situations). Now the sound is constant. However, sometimes they do not coincide with the surface the player is walking on. Please tell us which terrain you notice an incorrect match between sound and surface and we will correct them.
Last edited by joewillburn on 02.03.2018, 13:06, edited 2 times in total.
Андрияш Козловский

16.02.2018, 18:14

- School and Rudnya maps crash in "Training Mode with Bots" on both renderers and any modes/weather. Rest of the maps work fine.
- If you're in a squad and everyone is ready, if one player clicks "not ready", it will un-ready everyone else. It also only shows the matchmaking time for the squad leader.
- I have a PC where I have bad pacing / stuttering fps issues on School map and on Vector occasionally. This happens on PTS and on live server, with Fury-X and with Vega 64, with i7 4770k and with Ryzen 7 1800X.
- It shows that [+BS+] Ventori is in a battle for 4350 minutes O.o
- The three of us had a match on Chemical Plant and game ran fine, but then we tried PVE and if your fps are uncapped there's a lot of stuttering on New Renderer and it stays at like 140 fps but feels unplayable. Capped my fps to 200 and they jumped to 200 and stuttering was gone. Happened to all three of us.
Last edited by Chandrian on 16.02.2018, 19:02, edited 3 times in total.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

16.02.2018, 19:52

Great idea to optimize for multi-core cpu :)

Can we have more info about this ?
ike07

16.02.2018, 21:41

Any chance for 64bit client?

yaji

17.02.2018, 00:19

Chandrian:- School and Rudnya maps crash in "Training Mode with Bots" on both renderers and any modes/weather. Rest of the maps work fine.

dima:Школа и Рудня отключены из ротации уровней, там проблема с коллижином для контроллера персонажей

Пожалуйста, не запускайте тренировку на этих картах

GOOGLE TRANSLATE:
School and Rudnia are disabled from the rotation levels, there is a problem with the collision for the controller of the characters

Please do not run a workout on these cards.

Tsjuder

17.02.2018, 01:15

They only post that info on RU forum :(

"Please do not run a workout on these cards" -> "Please do not play training mode with these maps".
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

17.02.2018, 11:34

Chandrian wrote:- I have a PC where I have bad pacing / stuttering fps issues on School map and on Vector occasionally. This happens on PTS and on live server, with Fury-X and with Vega 64, with i7 4770k and with Ryzen 7 1800X.
- The three of us had a match on Chemical Plant and game ran fine, but then we tried PVE and if your fps are uncapped there's a lot of stuttering on New Renderer and it stays at like 140 fps but feels unplayable. Capped my fps to 200 and they jumped to 200 and stuttering was gone. Happened to all three of us.

Can you record frame times (for example with Fraps) and send it to me? (savenko.ivan@vostokgames.com)
Chandrian wrote:- It shows that [+BS+] Ventori is in a battle for 4350 minutes O.o

He was in a battle when game progress was copied to the PTS. So his "in battle" status was copied as well.
ike07 wrote:Great idea to optimize for multi-core cpu :)

More info? Like what?
yaji wrote:Any chance for 64bit client?

Yes. We do have plans to switch to 64 bit soon.

ivan_vg
Vostok Games

17.02.2018, 12:26

ivan_vg:
More info? Like what?

For instance how much cores Survarium is able to load now?
Will users with 6x, 8x cores CPU, 32GB RAM and Geforce 1070, will benefit from this optimization ?
Is it possible to put resyncs calculation and application onto dedicated core(s)?
karat805
Survivor

17.02.2018, 13:24

karat805:For instance how much cores Survarium is able to load now?
Will users with 6x, 8x cores CPU, 32GB RAM and Geforce 1070, will benefit from this optimization ?
Is it possible to put resyncs calculation and application onto dedicated core(s)?

dima:стабильно грузить более 4-х ядер нам пока не удается, хотя движок может использовать все имеющиеся ядра

GOOGLE "Yoda" TRANSLATE:stable load more than 4 cores we still can not, although the engine can use all available cores

I think he also said that this patch is supposed to make significant improvement to those who have CPU bottleneck, so for instance, I don't expect any change to my game as I have i5 2500k and 550Ti.

Chandrian:They only post that info on RU forum :(

"Please do not run a workout on these cards" -> "Please do not play training mode with these maps".

That's why I posted that poor translation here. I automatically read that "workout" as "workaround" and it made much more sense then, but thanks for clearing it up for others too!
It also seems like it's posted to some weird topic, maybe in Super Tester category as I can't open it through the forum, if I did I would have also posted link to that post. Luckily survarium.pro has some "workout". ;)

Tsjuder

17.02.2018, 14:17

First of all, to get most out of these changes you should be using new (aka low-end) renderer. Most of our internal tests were done using it.
karat805 wrote:For instance how much cores Survarium is able to load now?

There is no fixed number. I think Survarum should be able to load 6-8 cores well enough even though it won't reach 100%.
karat805 wrote:Will users with 6x, 8x cores CPU, 32GB RAM and Geforce 1070, will benefit from this optimization ?

32 GB RAM - not really since at the moment Survarium is still a 32-bit application so we can't use more than 4 GB. This may change once we make switch to 64 bit.
Other than that - yes. On such system Survarium most likely will be GPU-bound.
karat805 wrote:Is it possible to put resyncs calculation and application onto dedicated core(s)?

These tasks are not computationally heavy to demand dedicated core but yes - resync calculation usually runs on a separate core.
As for resync application - previously resync was usually accompanied with ~0.1s freeze, now this part should be fixed.

ivan_vg
Vostok Games

17.02.2018, 14:55

ivan_vg:Can you record frame times (for example with Fraps) and send it to me?

Sure, I'll ask them to do the tests with me and record the frametimes with FRAFS for you. They're not online as of now >_<
Last edited by Chandrian on 17.02.2018, 14:55, edited 1 time in total.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

17.02.2018, 18:28

ivan_vg:First of all, to get most out of these changes you should be using new (aka low-end) renderer. Most of our internal tests were done using it.

Thanks for your answers Ivan. I've benchmarked two matches on PTS+new-renderer and here's what I've found out, someone on forum mentioned about this before me:

>>>In this match my frame-rate was limited to 100.6 fps max with NvidiaInspector, and here's a benchmark for it:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/my72ya7pc0w5t ... e.png?dl=0

>>> In this match NvidiaInspector was disabled, and here's a benchmark:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/byckwqt6fgy0r ... e.png?dl=0

For me it looks weird that framerate limit affects framtimes in a such way, do you know why ?
karat805
Survivor

17.02.2018, 21:38

Hi. School and Rudnya = crash, so I can't check new render on those maps.

My PC:
- AMD Phenom II X6 1100T (number of cores: 6)
- 8gb RAM (2x 4GB)
- Windows 10 64-bit
- GTX 660 2 GB
- SSD drive (where I have Survarium installed)

I checked frames per second on all other maps and I did it also on main server. Results are the same. Usualy it's 90-130 FPS when I see a lot of elements over a long distance, 170+ FPS when I look up and 120-140 in small closed rooms. So jumps are very large from 70-90 to even 190. In my opinion, nothing has changed. I noticed only that at the beginning character textures loading longer (from blurry to good quality).

Bugs I found are mainly on Chemical Plant map:

- black anomaly (only when aim):
YT: https://youtu.be/pHKX1Irsnp8 (0:01 - 0:03)
Screen: https://i.imgur.com/q17LMuC.png

- missing shadows?
YT: https://youtu.be/pHKX1Irsnp8 (0:04 - 0:07)

And this bug I found accidentally, but it probably not applicable to render:
YT: https://youtu.be/JDmp4QR5AUs

Otherwise after a longer time of play I noticed a decrease in FPS on Fort Tarakanovsky (to even 50-55 outside), but when I turned on the normal server to compare the situation, then I turned on the PTS again my FPS are back to normal. Unfortunately I forgot to record it. Fort Tarakanovsky often reduces my fps. This is the only map where the average FPS can go below 60.
There is one more place at the anomaly at the radar station "Vostok", but this is just one place on this map where the FPS drops to even 45.

Grenades works fine. Footsteps also works fine for me.
I will check PvE later and I will write here if I find additional bugs.
Last edited by Albi on 17.02.2018, 21:39, edited 2 times in total.
Albi

17.02.2018, 22:48

ike07:Great idea to optimize for multi-core cpu :)

Yes they just found out about multi-core and yeah :"D
Shrekr

17.02.2018, 22:51

ivan_vg:
Can you record frame times (for example with Fraps)

Fraps?

That buggy piece of software that hasn't been updated since 2013?

I hate to tell you this, but that was 5 years ago.
Shrekr

17.02.2018, 22:56

Shrekr:

Fraps?

That buggy piece of software that hasn't been updated since 2013?

I hate to tell you this, but that was 5 years ago.

Fraps is a good tool to benchmark frametime because of FRAFS bench viewer. It doesn't record anything, just writes data into a .csv file that can be dumped into FRAFS. What other software that has a free trial would you recommend instead that would be able to benchmark frametime like this and is as simple to use as Fraps? https://imgur.com/a/ujIGK
Last edited by Chandrian on 17.02.2018, 23:00, edited 1 time in total.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

17.02.2018, 23:01

Chandrian:
Fraps is a good tool to benchmark frametime because of FRAFS bench viewer. It doesn't record anything, just writes data into a .csv file that can be dumped into FRAFS. What other software that has a free trial would you recommend instead that would be able to benchmark frametime like this? https://imgur.com/a/ujIGK

Please stop spreading lies.

You live in a fantasy world...
Shrekr

17.02.2018, 23:50

Tried a sh*tty laptop I have at home to see if it improved in any way.

Specs:
Laptop model - ASUS X550CL
CPU - Intel Core i3-3217U @ 1.80Ghz (2 cores, 4 logical processors)
RAM - 4GB
GPU - Nvidia GT710M

(This is all on new renderer)
Issues on PTS:
Chemical Plant and Vector, some parts of the map when fighting against bots make the game stutter - low fps and laggy gameplay. Live version on both maps: same as on PTS.
Mamayev kurgan has a lot of stuttering / fps drops when staring at vegetation or other parts of the map. Some parts like for example the spawn area and close to it are smooth (60 fps capped). Teamfights in-game lead to lower fps and laggy experience, but when you are alone fps is even better while not fighting.
London map is the best map I have tested so far, at the start 60 fps, very smooth, no lag whatsoever and everything was responsive, even when I left the spawn it was still the same 60 fps and very smooth, but when I started shooting 3-4 bots and they started shooting at me the fps dropped down to 30-40 and it felt really laggy and I couldn't do anything.
On Tarakanovsky Fort teamfights didn't cause any stuttering and it was overall a nice experience to play in.
Also tested Cologne Bridge, it's the same but even better than every map I've tested, loaded in fine, 60 fps smooth and no stutter whatsoever, lead to great gameplay to be played in. Shooting bots felt nice, but when you shoot 3-4 and they start shooting back at you that's when the freezes on the laptop start and it leads to stuttery fps and then I can't do anything.

edit: I tried -use_render_device_thread=0 argument and stuttering is gone!
Last edited by Chandrian on 18.02.2018, 00:56, edited 2 times in total.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

18.02.2018, 10:19

Hi,
on the PTS in the new renderer, the graphics GPU in the game is only 35% - 60% busy.
As a result, the clock rates are lower. lower FPS which leads to stuttering.

In the live version the utilization is 75% for GPU!

In the lobby, the GPU load then rises again to 80%.
I need 300watt in the lobby again and 150watt in the game only for the graphics card.
It would be better if I had 300w in the game and in the lobby 150w

Excuse my Englich is very bad

EDIT
I tried -use_render_device_thread=0 argument and stuttering is gone!
fps are higher again, almost like on the live version
Last edited by Drehrumbum on 18.02.2018, 10:50, edited 2 times in total.

Drehrumbum

18.02.2018, 12:12

PRO TIP: If you have a Nvidia graphic card, you can use Nvidia Profile Editor to create a config profile for Survarium and force max clocks (prefer maximum performance). I bet for AMD there is also a way, but I dunno now.

yaji

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to News