Survarium Patch 0.51 is Live. Play Now!

Discussion of the latest news and events related to Survarium.

12.01.2018, 17:49

If I had an idea how to make modules system better I would have already posted it. Or well, I do fully support what colers said here viewtopic.php?p=300350&f=2#p300350
Might aswell quote it here in case that topic is lost
colers25:Let me give you lot some advice to prevent a lot of bad first impresisons; in fact this should've been done in the first place and it would have massively reduced the kneejerk outrage:

1. make destroy the default option, not retain. This is dumb, it comes across as an attempt to trick players into accidentally spending gold, and some common sense thinking will dictate that the vast, vast majority of changes in attachments will be carried out through destruction. And a simple UX rule is: The less clicks, the better.

2. Allow intermediary modules (Rails, furniture and dovetails) to be constructed for scrap. These will always be low quality. It won't do much to alter the balance, but it would damped frustrations especially with things like the RK62 furniture.

3. unique attachments should only drop in the tier of the weapon they are associated in. Tsjuder told me he got a KS23 wire stock in tier 3. sounds pointless. If only a singular weapon has a certain attachment it shouldn't show up in all pools

4. lower retention costs. Things you buy as convenience shouldn't be too pricy. Basic economics

And I guess 5. would be what my latest post on that topic was about, being able to trade modules or full weapons with modules, but that's quite far fetched as we don't have one already...

jule:Hehe, it took me several hours until realizing that I can just buy another mosin for 0 silver... But let's look at some other weapons that are not as cheap as the Mosin. As an example, T5 sniper Barrett.

Dang it, almost 2 days until someone mentioned that it doesn't work with all guns, I thought I would get away with it :/

You're absolutely right, it isn't as simple with other guns, not only with rare/premium ones, but higher tier guns have more modules, cost silver and need much more spare parts to upgrade than Mosin.
Well, for me that's the only time it would be better to retain modules instead of destroying them, and even that is only "more comfortable" - being able to test the setup in a few matches and then change back if I want to. And "more comfortable" is very much what I think gold should be for.
Heck, the whole Shooting Grounds is just "more comfortable", there's no real need for it... Okay, I'll shut up before devs take up on that idea. :P

Tsjuder

12.01.2018, 18:49

Tsjuder:Dang it, almost 2 days until someone mentioned that it doesn't work with all guns, I thought I would get away with it :/
Gotcha!! :-)

Tsjuder:Heck, the whole Shooting Grounds is just "more comfortable", there's no real need for it... Okay, I'll shut up before devs take up on that idea. :P
OMG you are right O_o I bet they already have an eye on it xD

Kidding aside. My thoughts to what colers25 said:
Point 1: Yes and No. Actually I agree with this but the problem could be, that you accidentally destroy a module instead of retaining it. So just saying it is "dumb" is stretching it too far.

Point 2: I don't have a clear opninion here. I like both Colers idea and the way it is now.

Point 3: Haha I got the same item too 2 days ago.. Maybe VG can make more of those uniquely usable modules more universal. For example why can't I use "SV-1367 Dusk"s barrel on the normal VSSK, etc.? And yeah the module drop should depend on the tier I am playing on or something like that. Or maybe the faction I am in? Or maybe let the player choose from a randomized set of 3 modules or so? Like "you can have this or this or this. Which one do you want?"

Edit: As Tsjuder wrote in another thread (as a joke I guess): A module trading system between players would be perfect here!

Point 4: Of course I agree here :)

Another idea would be: Modules become THE source for spare parts. So gathering spare parts (after matches etc.) gets even harder as it is already, but you can destroy modules to get them. This would make it more or less mandatory to frequently destroy some modules if you want spare parts. And orange spare parts should give a lot of them, so players would have a hard time deciding wether they should keep a module or throw it against a wall to collect some spare parts (now Colers25's terminology of "scrap" makes even more sense xD). This would make sure that people don't drown in masses of modules.

What do you guys think? VG? :) The two obvious problems are:
1: Of course more workload for the devs then just making the retention of modules cheaper.
2: Players could get confused and don't notice that the have to destroy modules to get spare parts.
Last edited by jule on 12.01.2018, 18:53, edited 1 time in total.
jule

12.01.2018, 19:39

Hi, how can we send a ticket to support about the 0.51 ? since the 0.51 last Maj the game can't be launch it constantly crash ?
bzhAerouant

13.01.2018, 05:57

bzhAerouant:Hi, how can we send a ticket to support about the 0.51 ?

https://support.survarium.com/index.php ... ets/Submit
C0NSTANTINE

13.01.2018, 09:32

thank you, i hope this is not a big problem
bzhAerouant

15.01.2018, 12:47

Fix your goddamn alt-tabbing VG ! *shakes fist at you*

Decided to browse interwebs while waiting for a match... the game just hung my system. You can't even open task manager to kill the process, only restart helps.
Last edited by UnknownPlayer666 on 15.01.2018, 12:59, edited 3 times in total.
UnknownPlayer666

15.01.2018, 15:58

UnknownPlayer666:Fix your goddamn alt-tabbing VG ! *shakes fist at you*

Decided to browse interwebs while waiting for a match... the game just hung my system. You can't even open task manager to kill the process, only restart helps.

i have the same problem :(
Captain Awesome -DK-

15.01.2018, 16:36

When I alt-tab or otherwise brought out of the game, it usually takes a minute for the process to re-appear in task manager and/or on my app/start bar. I've always wondered about this. It doesn't hang or crash per say... just disappears for a minute or two. Started at least .50. I dunno if this is survarium and/or Windows 10 behavior.
VioletRose

15.01.2018, 17:56

Survarium Patch 0.51ab is now available! Launch Survarium to download and install the patch. Read the complete list of changes below. See you in the game!

Also read the list of changes in Survarium patch 0.51 in case you missed it.

The List of Changes in Survarium 0.51ab

Bug Fixes
Bug causing the game client to stop working on closing the game daily login window has been fixed.
Bug making it impossible to sell modules has been fixed. Now rare and premium modules can be sold with prior confirmation of the price. The rest of the modules – by simply confirming the sell action.
Андрияш Козловский

15.01.2018, 20:47

Alright, who's "bright" idea was it to separate modules not only by rarity, but also by buff/debuff quality ?

https://pp.userapi.com/c841539/v8415390 ... TSvLYU.jpg

Why modules of same rarity (2 green ones for example) perform differently ?! With an insane amount of possible stat outcomes I can only imagine how frustrating the grind for legendaries will be. Not only legendaries have low drop chance, they also don't guarantee top stats for that specific module.

We also encounter situations where modules of higher rarity have worse stats than same modules of lower rarity...

I'm extremely pissed with such design decision and curious what the hell VG were thinking about >:0
Last edited by UnknownPlayer666 on 15.01.2018, 20:48, edited 2 times in total.
UnknownPlayer666

15.01.2018, 21:23

UnknownPlayer666:Not only legendaries have low drop chance, they also don't guarantee top stats for that specific module.

You sure about that? I know this unnecessary weirdness happens with green and blue, but would think legendaries to always have top stats.
UnknownPlayer666:We also encounter situations where modules of higher rarity have worse stats than same modules of lower rarity...

Not really, if blue has lower buff than green, the green version also has much higher debuff. At least that's how it should work.

Tsjuder

15.01.2018, 22:01

Tsjuder:
Not really, if blue has lower buff than green, the green version also has much higher debuff. At least that's how it should work.

Not the best example in terms of module itself, but it kinda shows my point:
Green duckbill:
https://imgur.com/l43L6YL
Blue duckbill:
https://imgur.com/CrBjFsq

EDIT: this particular duckbill is strange... the green one fits only on toz-34 while blue one fits only on Lancasters...even though it's the same freaking thing at its core.
Last edited by UnknownPlayer666 on 15.01.2018, 22:13, edited 2 times in total.
UnknownPlayer666

15.01.2018, 22:28

Well the point of duckbill is to increase the horizontal spread, so the blue is better in that case. No idea why that would be better in Survarium as you're trying to make most of the shots hit, not just some of them, especially with the double barrel shotguns.
I don't know how that duckbill is supposed to be working in this module system. Is the horizontal spread the buff and vertical the debuff? Or the opposite?

But as a better example, A green muzzle brake has -1% recoil and +9% aiming time (I think all muzzle brakes we got as compensation are like this?) and a blue one I found has -0,5% recoil and +4% aiming time.
That's how it's supposed to work.
UnknownPlayer666:EDIT: this particular duckbill is strange... the green one fits only on toz-34 while blue one fits only on Lancasters...even though it's the same freaking thing at its core.

There seems to be quite a many problems with these two on their muzzle devices. They have different duckbills, maybe chokes too, but both can fit basic muzzlebrakes... For the top barrel only... And it of course affects both barrels ingame...
Last edited by Tsjuder on 15.01.2018, 22:37, edited 1 time in total.

Tsjuder

16.01.2018, 09:53

I have long been thinking about it. But now I'm writing.

-We need to improve the killing distance of weapons! (Shotgun and SR-2 and Criss Vector do not kill 25-30 meters!)
-The super-capable, premium soldiers are a separate group. (heavy armor (150+) with 2 heavy weapons is super fast)

If it is not possible, expand the "black list", as 256 will be ignored.
zoley69

16.01.2018, 14:21

zoley69:I have long been thinking about it. But now I'm writing.

-We need to improve the killing distance of weapons! (Shotgun and SR-2 and Criss Vector do not kill 25-30 meters!)
-The super-capable, premium soldiers are a separate group. (heavy armor (150+) with 2 heavy weapons is super fast)

If it is not possible, expand the "black list", as 256 will be ignored.

Kriss vector is an SMG specifically designed to shread opponents but only on *Close range*, buffing it's range, and ofcourse recoil otherwise it would still be useless, would be insanity beyond doubt.

SR-2M is the same story as the kriss, but due to an odd decision it has very easy recoil, so buffing it would, as again, be insanity beyond doubt.

Buffing shotgun range? Whilst I agree that in real life SG's are much more effective then portrayed in videogames, in a videogame it would be plain annoying to be 30 meters away from a shotgunner and still be one-shotted especially with super fast semi-auto shotguns.
*Cough cough* Vepr-12 *Cough Cough*

Heavy armor with 2 heavy weapons fast?
If you have played with 2 different 20% slowdown weapons equiped AND full heavy armor you know that you are a litteral snail.

**Edit
Spelling and grammatical mistakes fixed
Last edited by TKG_Kalsbuscus on 16.01.2018, 14:26, edited 6 times in total.
TKG_Kalsbuscus

17.01.2018, 14:55

Just a quick development update. We're working on a patch to make some changes to the system of attachments. It should become available next week. More details will be shared closer to the time.
Last edited by joewillburn on 17.01.2018, 14:56, edited 1 time in total.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

18.01.2018, 16:00

Regarding Weapon Module System Changes

One of the main ideas at the moment is to allow free module swap within the same weapon (i.e. linking your modules to a specific weapon), having to pay only in the case of you trying to use that exact same module on a totally different weapon.

Which means when you're placing a module on a weapon for the first time you are linking said module to that specific weapon. You can uninstall it from there at no charge and try a different module on the same gun. But in the case you'd want an already linked module placed onto a different gun, in that situation you'll need to pay some gold to preserve the module.

How does that sound?
joewillburn
Vostok Games

18.01.2018, 16:13

joewillburn:How does that sound?

Complicated, "heavy" and unnecessary?

I really don't see the need for this, only case I would think it is useful is with scopes and collimators, and even then I could just test them on Shooting Ground first. But okay, I'm not having a problem with the current system, so maybe people who have a problem could comment on this.
On the other hand it just reduces "the need for gold", so if that soothes players who rage about p2w, go for it.
Last edited by Tsjuder on 18.01.2018, 16:15, edited 1 time in total.

Tsjuder

18.01.2018, 16:14

joewillburn:Regarding Weapon Module System Changes

One of the main ideas at the moment is to allow free module swap within the same weapon (i.e. linking your modules to a specific weapon), having to pay only in the case of you trying to use that exact same module on a totally different weapon.

Which means when you're placing a module on a weapon for the first time you are linking said module to that specific weapon. You can uninstall it from there at no charge and try a different module on the same gun. But in the case you'd want an already linked module placed onto a different gun, in that situation you'll need to pay some gold to preserve the module.

How does that sound?

Pretty good. Does run slightly contrary to the initial statement that such a method or comparable methods would increase the db load too much
colers25

18.01.2018, 16:33

joewillburn:
How does that sound?

VEEERY NICEEE

Now sort out module stats which don't make sense (-recoil on sniper rifles or -hip fire recoil on laser sights), add legendaries to PVE+treasure hunt and do something with green rarity attachments (it's better to run with naked guns than with green modules).

^ Do all of the above and the whole system will become VERY NICE indeed.
UnknownPlayer666

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to News