Survarium Update 0.51a1 is on the PTS!

Discussion of the latest news and events related to Survarium.

28.12.2017, 15:48

joewillburn:

No, you won't

Then what will happe to it? Will it be a T2 weapon? But that's not listed in the changes. It says same class and tier. Not same weapons of lower tier.
Dauerfeuer Ungeheuer

28.12.2017, 16:59

As you can see, they are all used with a bipod.
ike07

28.12.2017, 17:16

I like that new module/weapon configuration system. Looks interesting. Hope it will come fast to the real server. But for me this patch feels like working on the cherry on top of an ice cream instead of working on the basics of this game (the ice cream). In my opinion it wasnt necessary while other things (the basic things) in Survarium are necessary to improve.
apfelmu2

28.12.2017, 17:28

@Joe

Suggestion :

There are two carabines in T3 (SOCOM16 and SVD), one in T4 (SVU) and none in T5.

So you could move SVD from T3 to T4 and SVU from T4 to T5 (and adapting their power).

Thank you.
ike07

28.12.2017, 17:43

Hanys22:CoD is simple and there is no much of a need for skill

I got a question to u: did u ever play Search and Destroy or Bomb Defuse mode? Did u ever play competetitive in any game?
Correct me if im wrong:

*ironie on*

8vs8 real players, tactical thinking gameplay with no respawn - jeah right no skill needed. Thats also the reason why these kind of games are so popular - because u dont need any skill, no thinking, no aim or reaction skills, just run and gun.

4vs4 with 4 bots each side and 2 guys in your team who completely ignore objectives, on maps like rudnya, where u can sit in bush und wait for enemie who cant even see you - jeah right, thats a very high skilled game princip.

*ironie off*
apfelmu2

28.12.2017, 17:55

Dauerfeuer Ungeheuer:Then what will happe to it? Will it be a T2 weapon? But that's not listed in the changes. It says same class and tier. Not same weapons of lower tier.

Is it (old)? It doesn't have that suffix, so it can be just considered event weapon and left as it is.

Tsjuder

28.12.2017, 18:18

I don't think anyone else has posted about it yet.

The laser sights are acting very funny. I am posting some videos to youtube, so i'll share links in a few minutes.

It's like they stick to the target/bot/player. When I aim using a sight, I aim the sight red or green dot just slightly above head, but the laser dot is right dead center. I shoot and the bullet goes to the sight dot NOT the laser dot.

Also tested from the hip at point blank range. Mods are first 3 shots, 20%/20/10 for the 9A-91, and 20/15/15 for the sr-3m.

sr-3m. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLneRn4 ... e=youtu.be and https://youtu.be/WaWGCqvooFg\
9a-91. https://youtu.be/TBiT-JWmBqk
Last edited by VioletRose on 28.12.2017, 18:22, edited 2 times in total.
VioletRose

28.12.2017, 18:26

VioletRose:It's like they stick to the target/bot/player. When I aim using a sight, I aim the sight red or green dot just slightly above head, but the laser dot is right dead center. I shoot and the bullet goes to the sight dot NOT the laser dot.

I think the game considers the target to still be in the way of the laser - it can't go to the wall because there is something in the way, also the dot can be better "seen" on the targets head, like it illuminates it best so it sticks to it. Pretty much makes the lasers useless, and as you also demonstrate, they don't even help with the hipfire as the dispersion is high.

Tsjuder

28.12.2017, 18:31

Well, in any case, I think it's broken. The laser should follow the sight dot.

Plus the point blank video with the 9a-91, I was less than 1 meter hip fire. lol. miss... miss... miss... miss.... The laser dot also has some weird graphical glitch like it isn't reflected on the target right.
VioletRose

28.12.2017, 18:51

The laser dot is a decal, and seems to be stuck targeting actors in PTS as if it were a plain decal snapping to the body
chicken_feet

28.12.2017, 19:40

apfelmu5:

I got a question to u: did u ever play Search and Destroy or Bomb Defuse mode? Did u ever play competetitive in any game?
Correct me if im wrong:

*ironie on*

8vs8 real players, tactical thinking gameplay with no respawn - jeah right no skill needed. Thats also the reason why these kind of games are so popular - because u dont need any skill, no thinking, no aim or reaction skills, just run and gun.

4vs4 with 4 bots each side and 2 guys in your team who completely ignore objectives, on maps like rudnya, where u can sit in bush und wait for enemie who cant even see you - jeah right, thats a very high skilled game princip.

*ironie off*

Answer: Yea I play a lot of campetetive FPS games.

And for the CoD side, I didn't say NO skill, but have u seen kill cam in CoD, like when u shoot 30 centimetres behind guy and the game is registraiting hit? And yea, CoD is simple. You can give me some complex mechanics from CoD, if u have some on your mind.

Than survarim, u are talking about matchmaking, nothing to do with skill. And if u hide in bush and go full auto without aim, there is no bush for the enemy.

I think that this isn't right topic for this kind of discussion.
Hanys22

28.12.2017, 19:58

Gнosт:

https://images01.military.com/sites/def ... on-007.jpg

http://www.breachbangclear.com/wp-conte ... SAW002.jpg

http://www.americanspecialops.com/image ... -sight.jpg

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/F4T40G/moscow- ... F4T40G.jpg

http://zenphotos.net/file/Online/SVD/Op ... kraine.jpg

In response to u and Dauerfeuer. I can installs damn **** on any Lmg as long as u have tripod. Do u see a tripod in Survarium? I specifically said "aiming" the weapon not using tripod. I said the same 3 years ago about heavy mg.
Last edited by riad55 on 28.12.2017, 20:00, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: profanities, last warning.
da_capo

28.12.2017, 20:24

da_capo:
In response to u and Dauerfeuer. I can installs damn **** on any Lmg as long as u have tripod. Do u see a tripod in Survarium? I specifically said "aiming" the weapon not using tripod. I said the same 3 years ago about heavy mg.

Machine guns on tripod are so called heavy machine guns. You take the same weapon and put it into soldiers hands to carry it and fire it without tripod and it is called light machine gun. Now you have the same gun for both situations. In WW2 you did not. What is in the pictures are not tripods but folding/telescopic bipods. LMG with a bipod still is a LMG and not HMG.

Scopes are commonly used on LMGs as well as red dots, bipods, foregrips and even sound suppressors, at least in western armies.

Machine guns are usually not used without bipod at all. But if you do and dont want to just hipfire, there is no reason you couldnt use scope on the gun. Sniper rifles are also not usually used without fixing them, just like LMGs. Will you fight against scopes on sniper rifles? Because I didnt find bipods or sniping positions with at least one point gun fix at all.
Sandsleeper_CZ

28.12.2017, 20:55

Sandsleeper_CZ:
Machine guns are usually not used without bipod at all. But if you do and dont want to just hipfire, there is no reason you couldnt use scope on the gun. Sniper rifles are also not usually used without fixing them, just like LMGs. Will you fight against scopes on sniper rifles? Because I didnt find bipods or sniping positions with at least one point gun fix at all.

true but lets keep it simple.
one LMG, the type we have here in Survarium like PKP is around 17 kilo standard weapon. I insist, the type we have here...now, can u explain to me how can u scope that weapon while walling/running?? and this bears the next question: is it normal to have scopes/colimators for our types of machine guns??
please answer
Last edited by da_capo on 28.12.2017, 20:55, edited 2 times in total.
da_capo

28.12.2017, 22:27

da_capo:

true but lets keep it simple.
one LMG, the type we have here in Survarium like PKP is around 17 kilo standard weapon. I insist, the type we have here...now, can u explain to me how can u scope that weapon while walling/running?? and this bears the next question: is it normal to have scopes/colimators for our types of machine guns??
please answer

We might either discuss LMGs as whole or PKP itself. Because PKP looks like the only one that matches your problem.

Lets talk about the worst case, meaning PKP only. Look at combat photos. Most guns have either scope or red dot. Like literally any gun out there right now except for chinese AKs (there it would be most useless as you cannot hit the same point twice how much dispersion they have - tested quite many times by army snipers in Afghan, but that is another story).

I can explain another thing. You aim the gun. And it does not matter whether you aim through iron sights, scope or red dot. Everytime you do the same thing with the gun. From your logic aiming should not apply for LMGs in Survarium at all.
Weight does not matter that much. You get used to it and you learn how to work with it. Of course you need to be able to shoot any gun aiming without any support. To raise a 18kgs gun for few moments to aim is not that much trouble. Hell, I can send you a photo where I aim a real Barrett at photographer without support. It wasnt light but it wasnt any problem either. And obviously it took more than five secs to set the camera.
Furthermore, look it up how much weights AK + grenade launcher + grenade + scope. Same as most LMGs out there and it even has worse weight distribution. And you use sights quite normally I believe.

Now, lets take a look at Barrett. It weights the same as PKP. Therefore it should not be able to use any other type of sights but iron sights in Survarium, because it doesnt make sense to aim it while running? Accept that Survarium is just an arcade, miles away from any reality. Lets hope they make it fun instead of implementing one single thing according to reality ;)
Sandsleeper_CZ

28.12.2017, 22:46

Sandsleeper_CZ:

I can explain another thing. You aim the gun. And it does not matter whether you aim through iron sights, scope or red dot. Everytime you do the same thing with the gun. From your logic aiming should not apply for LMGs in Survarium at all.
Weight does not matter that much. You get used to it and you learn how to work with it. Of course you need to be able to shoot any gun aiming without any support.

u r insane
if u can aim PKP 17 kilo with or without iron sights, Ill get u into finals at strongest men. even if u manage to aim for 1 sec, first burst of bullets will knock ur ass on the ground.
same goes for RPK, its a standard 5 kilo weapon witch makes it extremely difficult to aim. its mainly design for hip fire - Im talking about standard model
same goes for all the other heavy mg
Barret is a sniper rifle so its not designed for continuous fire. u can aim it even while standing on ur feet, but u will never be able to send more then 1 bullets without resting first
just stop this coz its getting stupid
da_capo

28.12.2017, 22:58

da_capo:
u r insane
if u can aim PKP 17 kilo with or without iron sights, Ill get u into finals at strongest men. even if u manage to aim for 1 sec, first burst of bullets will knock ur ass on the ground.
same goes for RPK, its a standard 5 kilo weapon witch makes it extremely difficult to aim. its mainly design for hip fire - Im talking about standard model
same goes for all the other heavy mg
Barret is a sniper rifle so its not designed for continuous fire. u can aim it even while standing on ur feet, but u will never be able to send more then 1 bullets without resting first
just stop this coz its getting stupid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUAAQoGmCq0

crap ton of PKP's firing in all ways imaginable.

I believe Sandsleeper_CZ said somewhere that he was running a gun shop for several years, so he probably knows his guns better than we do.
UnknownPlayer666

28.12.2017, 23:03

UnknownPlayer666:

crap ton of PKP's firing in all ways imaginable.

I believe Sandsleeper_CZ said somewhere that he was running a gun shop for several years, so he probably knows his guns better than we do.

show this video to that *&("£*£$*( Dauerfeuer Ungeheuer also

and RPK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTHEF6t6Tvg
Last edited by da_capo on 28.12.2017, 23:08, edited 1 time in total.
da_capo

28.12.2017, 23:20

UnknownPlayer666:

0:39 - like in survarium xD
Chrno

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to News