Survarium Update 0.51a1 is on the PTS!

Discussion of the latest news and events related to Survarium.

28.12.2017, 11:22

da_capo:
man lets just not go into weapons mechanics. this a completely different topic and I agree with u
right now Im talking against logic
common sense man

U can do it on rl so why no in survarium? In different topic i post picture with polish soldier that use barret with collimator, and that photo was real. So in real life it have sens but in game not?

On pts i have million attachment in inventory, and they in moste are the same.
If we have 4 same collimators with same bonus, can they stack in one icon with numer 4 in corner? In curent state after few weeks of playing we not be able to find what we even have.
Chrno

28.12.2017, 11:30

Chrno:
U can do it on rl so why no in survarium? In different topic i post picture with polish soldier that use barret with collimator, and that photo was real. So in real life it have sens but in game not?

On pts i have million attachment in inventory, and they in moste are the same.
If we have 4 same collimators with same bonus, can they stack in one icon with numer 4 in corner? In curent state after few weeks of playing we not be able to find what we even have.

I said many times that there silencer for shotguns in reality. There tracking devices on weapons or cameras, movement detectors, automatic adjustments when shooting etc etc. U dont really want any of those here do u?! Realistic FPS is about keeping things classic and simple. The more things u add, the more CoD it becomes and less skill involved. Think about Terminator...this is how a shotgun should be. My brain sees a shotgun as a powerful close range weapon with powerful sound.
Please Im tired of repeating same things all over again. If u wanna play overstuffed weapons then choose a CoD related game
Cheers
Last edited by da_capo on 28.12.2017, 11:31, edited 1 time in total.
da_capo

28.12.2017, 11:37

Sorry, i choose arma related game rather than cod related, and instal what i want on weapon that i want. If u want unrealistic behavior of weapons caus u think that "it schoold work like that" then maybe u go to play cod? I think in CoD are CC loud shotgun that u love.
Chrno

28.12.2017, 12:11

Chrno:Sorry, i choose arma related game rather than cod related, and instal what i want on weapon that i want. If u want unrealistic behavior of weapons caus u think that "it schoold work like that" then maybe u go to play cod? I think in CoD are CC loud shotgun that u love.

shotguns were just one example
anyway
da_capo

28.12.2017, 12:11

Please reduce the possibilities from this idiotic "three bullets recoil" modifier from 27 to 5 like it is on all modifiers... It makes me sick when i try to re-roll. It should look like that:

Tier 1; -5, -5, -5
Tier 2; -10, -10, -10
Tier 3; -15, -15, -15
Tier 4; -20, -20, -20
Tier 5; -25, -25, -25

Simple and only 5 possibilities, not freaking 27!!!
Ventori

28.12.2017, 12:14

Ventori:Please reduce the possibilities from this idiotic "three bullets recoil" modifier from 27 to 5 like it is on all modifiers... It makes me sick when i try to re-roll. It should look like that:

Tier 1; -5, -5, -5
Tier 2; -10, -10, -10
Tier 3; -15, -15, -15
Tier 4; -20, -20, -20
Tier 5; -25, -25, -25

Simple and only 5 possibilities, not freaking 27!!!

"first 3 bullets recoil" modifier is idiotic by it very nature
its should be completely removed. but hey we r not the only ones brainwashed by CoD
imagine one soldier going to armory and asking for some sort of device that can help him shoot with no recoil first 3 bullets. first 3 bullets and no more no less
this modifier must be the most idiotic innovation ever in an online FPS
Last edited by da_capo on 28.12.2017, 12:16, edited 1 time in total.
da_capo

28.12.2017, 12:24

da_capo:The more things u add, the more CoD it becomes and less skill involved.

U must be joking about this sentence. CoD is much more skilled than Survarium. How often do I play with teams dont go for one single battery or taking points in research. I even got many matches in Artefact hunt with people just going for kills and ignoring artefact totally. How often do I see people basecamping, sitting in corner, watching 5 mins through sniper sight, because they think they are pro snipers? How often do I see people scoring 5-20 even against bots in Survarium? How often I notice when I tell people to play with as many fps as possible and headset is a must have its like new info they get? While in games like CoD such things are basic knowledge. Many people who play this game wouldnt even win one single round against an average skilled Team in CoD :P

Go watch The Last Stand | A CoD2 Frag Movie by PEAT and compare it again to Survarium.
apfelmu2

28.12.2017, 12:31

I hope VG will do something for the premium ks23 shotgun.

It can use only slug, don't always kill in one shot and the reload is slower than a snail race....

It's like a slow snipe gun which can be used only from near and can't kill in one shot.

The non premium ks23 is really better.
Last edited by ike07 on 28.12.2017, 12:34, edited 4 times in total.
ike07

28.12.2017, 12:35

Survarium DevTeam:
- If the weapon's counterpart without an (old) suffix has a lower tier, you receive a weapon of the same class and tier (as your old weapon) with equal modules and modifiers.

So my M4A1-NY2016 is gone because I will get a random Tier 4 AR?
Dauerfeuer Ungeheuer

28.12.2017, 12:35

ike07:
The non premium ks23 is really better.

No it's not lol
UnknownPlayer666

28.12.2017, 12:48

apfelmu5:

U must be joking about this sentence. CoD is much more skilled than Survarium. How often do I play with teams dont go for one single battery or taking points in research. I even got many matches in Artefact hunt with people just going for kills and ignoring artefact totally. How often do I see people basecamping, sitting in corner, watching 5 mins through sniper sight, because they think they are pro snipers? How often do I see people scoring 5-20 even against bots in Survarium? How often I notice when I tell people to play with as many fps as possible and headset is a must have its like new info they get? While in games like CoD such things are basic knowledge. Many people who play this game wouldnt even win one single round against an average skilled Team in CoD :P

Go watch The Last Stand | A CoD2 Frag Movie by PEAT and compare it again to Survarium.

u r perfectly right. Survarium used to be much more CoD before 47. now its just related to CoD and its actually worse since skill lost its measure.
thats why I said CoD related or more "CoD". I dont even know how to related Survarium anymore. its a run and gun fest, blind kills regardless of distance, not focused on objectives, no individual weapons and armor. yeah its true, it goes further away from CoD to something worse
while Ive been waiting for years for proper weapon customization, one single stance on PTS and its clear as day that none of those extra modifiers actually do something. the only difference is one extra collimator and some intermediary tactical devices. none of those affect the game in any way. furthermore, the more advanced ur attachments r, the less recoil and aiming time, less worry for proper aiming, more unrealistic figure likes snipers with both shutgun and sniper capabilities. weapons r all the same, no individuality, almost nothing different from what we have now. it reminds me of removal of random slots with specific design slots. huge hype about game improvement when actually nothing changed. the procedure used is exactly like now, surgical, following same pattern and no vision whatsoever, no individual stats, nada

this is an individual weapon with individual stats: https://imgur.com/a/12pSn
Im not saying to go that far, accurate and realistic but at least make it somehow individual. use unique stats and appearance even if its just about 2 3 modifiers only. stats should be close to realism without crap la first 3 bullets recoil. inertia should be added based on weapon in use. 3D scopes and proper targeting. specific individual reticles, blurring effect when using scopes, proper use of attachments and not by setting them universal in every weapon
I believe the only good attachments on PTS r for pistols. everything else its just generic, common, useless, irratioanal etc
nothing is gonna change anyway. Davik said that based on results on PTS, devs will adjust issues. Davik if u see this, NOTHING is gonna change
Last edited by da_capo on 28.12.2017, 12:51, edited 1 time in total.
da_capo

28.12.2017, 13:07

da_capo wrote:urvarium used to be much more CoD before 47. now its just related to CoD and its actually worse

First it's too much like COD so it sucks. Now it's not COD enough so it sucks.

da_capo wrote:I believe the only good attachments on PTS r for pistols. everything else its just generic, common, useless, irratioanal etc

Irrational? They're all based on real world weaponry.

da_capo wrote:proper use of attachments and not by setting them universal in every weapon

They are no all universal.

My advice? Play the update and give your feedback then. Right now you are operating purely on hearsay and someone else's opinion.
Last edited by joewillburn on 28.12.2017, 13:08, edited 1 time in total.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

28.12.2017, 13:08

- the old weapons compensation is a joke, i have farmed 2500 kills on my old avsk, and what did i get? another useless vssk duplicate... not even the kills were carried over. what should have been done is keep them but moved to their appropiate tier and with their stats slightly changed, just like premium weapons. simple as that

- the modules filter is a mess, i have literally thousands of them and its not an easy task to locate a specific one. we need a new section where we can filter them by quality and type

- certain modules can add or remove other attachments, this should be listed in the module description and the module itself should have some type of identificator or category to indicate it

- besides collimators/scopes and silencers, the rest of module doesnt seem to make much difference at all (not to mention recoil affix on bolt action rifles...), and most modules of the same type gives exactly the same effects, whats the point?

- 'recoil from the hip' literally the most useless mod of the game

- the promised winchester, where is it?

Blankname

28.12.2017, 13:30

joewillburn:

First it's too much like COD so it sucks. Now it's not COD enough so it sucks.

yeah true, it sucked when it was CoD. now its sucks coz its not even CoD
joewillburn:

Irrational? They're all based on real world weaponry.

yeah like scopes on machine guns etc etc

joewillburn:

They are no all universal.

not all of them but most of them. show me one weapon that is set apart from any other weapon
da_capo

28.12.2017, 14:31

Joe, one question on topic. Will we get a list of current modifiers that will remain as they and what will be changed to attachements before the update goes live? Just to know what to reroll with spare parts not to have to upgrade weapons again? As I understand it, attachements will be given to us for free for wins in games, but upgrading weapons will be without change. It might be more convenient to have fully upgraded gun without attachements for start instead of the other way around.
Sandsleeper_CZ

28.12.2017, 14:35

da_capo

Hello man, I just read all your commnets on this topic and what is wrong with u? You are just trash talking, remove that, this is shit bla bla bla, don't u want do delete the whole game? This update is rly nice, not perfect but nice. The game is now much closer to arma or EFT and that's the direction the game always had (at least I think). The game just come a bit closer to CoD, because of the f2p when many casual players came to the game. The casual gamers wouldn't know what to do if the game would be like arma or EFT because of the complexity. CoD is simple and there is no much of a need for skill because the 16tickrate servers are bad. I'm glad that the game is that far from CoD, but there are so many things to add or some redo and the proces is quite slow ( not complaining) This update is big step and I think many players were looking for this too.
And if u want to say what is wrong in this game use constructive criticism pls. Or just go and play that simple CoD. Cheers
Hanys22

28.12.2017, 14:58

Joewillburn possible that you answer my question?
Will I lose my M4-NY?

da_capo:
yeah like scopes on machine guns etc etc

Please, just stop making arguments about real world weaponry if you have no clue about real world weaponry. Just. Stop. Forever.
LMGs aren't just there for supressive fire or spray and pray on medium ranges.
They have scopes irl and military is using them. Even night vision scopes. Like ACOG scopes and such.
Last edited by Dauerfeuer Ungeheuer on 28.12.2017, 15:06, edited 1 time in total.
Dauerfeuer Ungeheuer

28.12.2017, 15:05

Hi,

I've read the post, but i didn't understand all.

For example, what will i have instead of my old T2 veresk please ? This weapon now only exist in T5 for gold.
Same question for my UMP45 " NA 2016".

And i'm still waiting for the promised return of my Winchester, should i forget it ?
Last edited by ike07 on 28.12.2017, 15:08, edited 2 times in total.
ike07

28.12.2017, 15:06

ike07:Hi,

I've read the post, but i didn't understand all.

For example, what will i have instead of my old T2 veresk please ? This weapon now only exist in T5 for gold.

And i'm still waiting for the promised return of my Winchester, should i forget it ?

A T-5 veresk.
Dauerfeuer Ungeheuer

28.12.2017, 15:38

Dauerfeuer Ungeheuer wrote:Will I lose my M4-NY?

No, you won't
joewillburn
Vostok Games

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to News