Survarium Update 0.51a1 is on the PTS!

Discussion of the latest news and events related to Survarium.

27.12.2017, 20:18

We have updated the Public Test Server to Survarium version 0.51a1! To participate in the test, please download new game version or update your PTS version of the game. Please note that the temporary shutdowns of the PTS are possible when installing updates and making urgent changes.

You can participate in the test if you registered in Survarium no later than December 22. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to login to the PTS if you have registered via Steam due to a different authentication system.
All testers will receive 10 thousand spare parts, 10 million silver, and 10 thousand gold to make purchases on the PTS. Characters and progress in the main game as of December 22 will be copied to the test server. However, the progress you make during the test will not be transferred back to the main server! The PTS has no way if receiving payments, so purchases made in Survarium shop are automatically credited to your account on the main server.

Read find the update notes of Survarium PTS 0.51 below. Please note that those are not final and The public server will receive version improved based on the results of the testing! See you on the PTS!

The Complete List of Changes in PTS 0.51a1
New Weapon Modification System

- Each module is a separate item and can be installed on one or several different weapons.
- Added new module type: 45 degrees offset rail allowing to install another sight.
- Modules differ visually, by quality and parameters. Each module can increase or decrease one or several weapon stats.
- The better the quality of a module is, the higher its positive parameters and lower the negative.
- You receive random modules for each PvP win. Higher quality modules are more rare than low quality modules.
- Modules with average characteristics are available for purchase in the Workshop when you modify weapons.
- By default all weapons have basic (standard) modules that provide no stats and only define how a weapon looks.
- To install a module you need to inlock a corresponding slot: either kill enemies with that weapon or pay some gold. Kill counters for all your weapons are kept, so you will have some slots alerady unlocked
- Some modules require other modules (for instance, a rail or a clamp) before they can be installed. Those intermediate modules also affect weapon's characteristics.
- The next parameters are now only available on modules: recoil from the hip, recoil when aiming, aim time, dispersion, dispersion from the hip, effective distance.
- If your weapons have modifiers with the stats mentioned above, you will receive modules with the same stats. You also receive a random modifier of the same quality instead of the modifier you lost.
- If your weapons have non-standard (non-basic) modules, similar modules will be installed on your weapon .
- If you had empty module slots (i.e. modules were unlocked but not installed), the best available to you (by the number of your kills with the weapon) modules will be installed.
- If you had non-installed modules you bought with gold, you will receive similar modules (you will find the corresponding items in the inventory).

General Changes

- Now bots (AI controlled characters) use the damage statistics to choose where to look. Basically, the AI will more often check the spots from which the players usually shoot the bots.

Weapons, Equipment and Supplies
Weapons

- Weapons with the (old) suffix were removed from the game. If you had an (old) weapon, you receive a compensation (details below).
- If the weapon's counterpart without an (old) suffix has a higher tier, you receive that weapon with equal modules and modifiers.
- If the weapon's counterpart without an (old) suffix has a lower tier, you receive a weapon of the same class and tier (as your old weapon) with equal modules and modifiers.

Technical Changes

- Now the renderer for slow PCs supports light sources that provide only glare (they used to add diffuse lighting as well).

Bug Fixes

- Fixed the first three bullets recoil modifier, now it correctly changes recoil of all weapons.
Last edited by joewillburn on 29.12.2017, 11:13, edited 1 time in total.

Survarium DevTeam
Vostok Games

27.12.2017, 20:23

For once I hope it is a really short PTS!
Only to make sure this version is playable and doesn't cause crashes.

Tsjuder

27.12.2017, 20:58

Survarium DevTeam:- Weapons with the (old) suffix were removed from the game. If you had an (old) weapon, you receive a compensation (details below).

https://i.imgur.com/3EAFpB3.jpg
Albi

27.12.2017, 20:59

_-Albi-_:

+1

Great news!
Last edited by jule on 27.12.2017, 21:00, edited 1 time in total.
jule

27.12.2017, 21:07

What will I get for my vintorez, kiparis, p90, uzi, etc??.
Last edited by Romeo_El_Cuervo on 27.12.2017, 21:08, edited 1 time in total.
Romeo_El_Cuervo

27.12.2017, 21:17

Any other changes besides UI, increased AK74 recoil and 1st three shots modifier going back to mod pool ?
Last edited by UnknownPlayer666 on 27.12.2017, 21:17, edited 1 time in total.
UnknownPlayer666

27.12.2017, 22:02

Romeo_El_Cuervo:What will I get for my vintorez, kiparis, p90, uzi, etc??.

talking about OLD ones? Well...

there seem to be two different cases for each weapon:
>1<: "If the weapon's counterpart without an (old) suffix has a higher tier, you receive that weapon with equal modules and modifiers."
>2<: "If the weapon's counterpart without an (old) suffix has a lower tier, you receive a weapon of the same class and tier (as your old weapon) with equal modules and modifiers."

OLD Vintorez is on T4 right? Modern version T5, so case >1< applies. You get the T5 version with all your modules and stuff.

OLD Kiparis was T2? New one is T3, so again case >1< applies.

OLD P90 is T4, new one is T5, so again case >1<.

OLD UZI.. ehrm.. the new one is T1 so in case your OLD one is on a higher tier (I am not sure) then case >2< applies. So you would get a different weapon (maybe randomized?) of the same tier like your OLD uzi.
jule

27.12.2017, 22:46

yeah what can I say
optical sight on smg...
collimator on sniper rifles...
silencers on shotguns...
optical sight on heavy machine guns...

at least u got rid of 10x scopes on ARs

its so hard to keep it classic and simple
still, its better then nothing
Last edited by da_capo on 27.12.2017, 22:47, edited 2 times in total.
da_capo

27.12.2017, 23:14

If I've read the bit on old weapons correctly, I'd be losing my T3 AKS-74U Corsair (OLD), a premium weapon, in exchange for another t3 weapon, instead of receiving it's current t2 counterpart. This would also apply to a couple of premium AKMs I have, not sure how I feel about that, having spent gold on these weapons.
Vaws

27.12.2017, 23:27

What happens for weapons that have 4 and 5 modifiers on them, which we received in 2013 and 2014?
chicken_feet

28.12.2017, 01:04

I got gold and silver coins, spare parts, etc... But it's not working.... No one in the chat, no matches available.... Anyone else with this problem?
Captain Walker

28.12.2017, 07:32

I tested today 0.51, I like so much it's a nice job :), I have a personal opinion about some details: I don't know if that is the idea or not,Cobra EKP-8 collimator have more FOV in ak-74 that in vepr for example, i don't know another scopes, that happend in another cases like Docter collimator in SpecterDR optical sight, x3/x6, have more FOV in VSS that in Scar, in some weapons we have more FOV. Another think, Aim point in NcSTAR 4 Collimator and Cobra EKP-8 is too big, in longe range most big that a head, same size that a chest, that is annoying, the size must be like Leupold DeltaPoin collimator and docter collimator. Recoil, smg and lmg have no recoil, literally, NO recoil (I mean less recoil that now), the most weapons doesn't move with each shot, at least the most powerful weapons should have a more aggressive, a example,ak74,L85A2,sr-3m,9a91,SCAR,etc are very powerfull guns and very easy to control ... is not good, do not make the game easier for people who do not try to control the recoil. ----- The rest seems like a good job, I like how look 0.51 :) ----- (sorry for my english, I hope you can understand)
BąrвyLs

28.12.2017, 09:18

There is a lot of item that give you less recoil from hip, they are useless. Weapons almost don't have recoil from hip, but have huge dispersion (that make shooting from hip useless anyway).
I don't know what thinking about that update. On general it is nice, but in reality we have only few posibility od moding.
- Scopes and colimators are very nice
- Devices on barrel are ok
- Grips... well, ther only one nice for all weapons
- Laser pointers... they all give you the same useless thing... have only drawback (delete crosshair and make dot more visable so it could be usefull mod)

And.... ther no more :(
Chrno

28.12.2017, 09:29

now that we have both collimators and scopes on sniper rifles, please remove all shotguns from the game. its kinda useless to have them since snipers do the same and more

and please after 3 4 years, can someone answer the eternal question: how can u scope PKP????
Last edited by da_capo on 28.12.2017, 09:30, edited 1 time in total.
da_capo

28.12.2017, 09:30

Add options for buying and removing accessories. For silver. I already have 90 million and I have nothing to do with it.
Emto

28.12.2017, 09:35

da_capo wrote: please remove all shotguns from the game.

lol
joewillburn
Vostok Games

28.12.2017, 09:49

joewillburn:

lol

thats sarcasm Joe
man experiment for u. I can post the modifications on another FPS site and ask for opinion. I can copy paste here what other people and developers think about collimators on snipers, silencer on shotguns, scopes on heavy machine guns, scopes on smg. u want me to do this?!!
Im really struggling hard to understand whats on developers mind?!! why cant they see the absurdity of all this?? and it goes the other way also; if they added 45 degrees tacticals for collimators (witch is good) and same collimators on top of scopes (witch is good also) - why cant they have them both??? its realistic and add variety. ARs should 2 collimators, both on scopes and 45 degrees. instead they keep on going with those retarted attachments
I honestly, I swear to all gods, I cant understand those people

PS and yes its true, all snipers act both as shotguns and snipers. there is really no need for shotguns anymore
Last edited by da_capo on 28.12.2017, 09:51, edited 2 times in total.
da_capo

28.12.2017, 10:54

BąrвyLs:

Indeed, FOV for all sights is all over the place now. Most of them returned to the state before the FOV changes occurred, meaning that they obscure half of your screen again... Needs tweaking.

And for the love of god, fix the hands of our character who grabs barrel first and only then the grip that we installed. It works as intended on guns that have integrated grips from the get-go like MP7, SR-2M and SR-3M.

Also, why vertical grips now give -recoil from the hip and angled grips -recoil when aiming ? Shouldn't it be the other way around ?

Change bonus on all laser sights to something useful, like dispersion from the hip. Recoil from the hip is not strong to begin with and definitely not worth putting on a big "shoot me, I'm here" sign projector.
UnknownPlayer666

28.12.2017, 11:08

da_capo:
thats sarcasm Joe
man experiment for u. I can post the modifications on another FPS site and ask for opinion. I can copy paste here what other people and developers think about collimators on snipers, silencer on shotguns, scopes on heavy machine guns, scopes on smg. u want me to do this?!!
Im really struggling hard to understand whats on developers mind?!! why cant they see the absurdity of all this?? and it goes the other way also; if they added 45 degrees tacticals for collimators (witch is good) and same collimators on top of scopes (witch is good also) - why cant they have them both??? its realistic and add variety. ARs should 2 collimators, both on scopes and 45 degrees. instead they keep on going with those retarted attachments
I honestly, I swear to all gods, I cant understand those people

PS and yes its true, all snipers act both as shotguns and snipers. there is really no need for shotguns anymore

Lol, capo. I can snipe people with SCAR, so delete sniper. I even can snipe people with p90, so delete SCAR... etc.

U even play shotgun? Saiga, dic...hummer, vepr - even barret with colimator can't do job so good (u can kill zubyr few time faster with saiga than barret, relode fast and kill another one).
SR can be handicaped shotgun, and shotgun can be handicaped SR and its ok.
Chrno

28.12.2017, 11:15

Chrno:
Lol, capo. I can snipe people with SCAR, so delete sniper. I even can snipe people with p90, so delete SCAR... etc.

U even play shotgun? Saiga, dic...hummer, vepr - even barret with colimator can't do job so good (u can kill zubyr few time faster with saiga than barret, relode fast and kill another one).
SR can be handicaped shotgun, and shotgun can be handicaped SR and its ok.

man lets just not go into weapons mechanics. this a completely different topic and I agree with u
right now Im talking against logic
common sense man
da_capo

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to News