Survarium Update 0.51 Preview

Discussion of the latest news and events related to Survarium.

11.12.2017, 17:15

In parallel with the development of the first Team Mission in Survarium 0.50 we started working on one more important feature which we planned to improve for a long time. We are talking about the modding of weapons! Read the details below on which changes are being made and what to expect in the Survarium 0.51 update.

The weapon module system will be considerably expanded: each module will become a separate item, which you can install on your weapon. Previously to install a module you’d need to accomplish a certain number of kills with the weapon - a similar principle will be preserved this time, although instead of specific module you will unlock a slot where the suitable modules can be installed. This said, the required number of kills to unlock a slot will be decreased. In case you want to save time to unlock the weapon slots, you can still do it instantly with gold.

In Survarium 0.51 we are steering the weapons modification to a more realistic look, therefore on certain weapons some modules, non-typical for that weapon have been removed. Whereas on other guns, new customization options have been added. Our plans are to keep advancing the weapon modification system with a focus on realism, as well as expanding the number of modules available in line with the requests from the players.

On top of changing the mechanics for unlocking slots and installing modules, in Survarium 0.51 we have the module modifiers reworked. Thus, for all the modules we provide two parameters impacting the weapon characteristics, for example, recoil and slowing down in aim. Or effective distance and time to aim. There’s a variety of options applicable. This said, each module could be a common, a rare or a legendary one. The better the module, the better are the characteristics applied.

How do you find the weapon modules? You get those when winning in PvP matches, as well as locate them in PvE stashes. The modules will also be available for purchase in the in-game shop or located among the treasure hunt trophies.

All the manipulations with the weapon modules will be made in the Workshop. Depending on the weapon type, one slot could have up to 6 different modules installed. Some modules will be installed on top of each other, but in most cases the current module has to be replaced with a new one. The former could either broken (for free) or preserved at a cost.

The already installed modules on your weaponry will be transferred to the new system. Besides, part of the weapon characteristics previously linked to the modifiers will now be fully transferred onto the modules. Therefore, in such cases we will preserve the parameters of your modifiers and add those to your weapon’s modules. Thus, we will largely ensure to preserve your weapon’s characteristics in the new system.

The key advantage of the new weapon modules system will be its huge number of variations and freedom of choice for the player. You will be able to modify and adjust not only the weapons characteristics but also its looks in line with your preferences. Note, such implementation is not final and the system will be improved with further updates. Feel free to leave your comments and feedback on the forum and social networks!

In addition, the Survarium 0.51 update will introduce a special Christmas event. This time we would like to offer something totally new, so we do recommend you check out the 0.51 update and take part in the holidays event. All the details about the event will be shared later.

In Survarium 0.51 update you can expect other smaller improvements and changes too. For example, a possibility to capture in-game screenshots with a hotkey (images will automatically be saved to ..\Survarium\Screenshots folder). More to be disclosed soon.

That’s everything for now. Thanks for reading and we’ll see you soon in Survarium Update 0.51!
Last edited by joewillburn on 29.12.2017, 11:13, edited 1 time in total.
Андрияш Козловский

11.12.2017, 17:45

Андрияш Козловский:

Some modules will be installed on top of each other, but in most cases the current module has to be replaced with a new one. The former could either broken (for free) or preserved at a cost.

frend, hold up

you telling us that in order to change a module we will have to pay gold, otherwise we lose that said module ?? For example if I want to run around for one match with a 4x scope instead of my usual 3x on a sniper, I will lose my 3x scope ? And then hope that it pops up in one of the possible roulettes ?

That's stupid. That's beyond stupid. Please tell me I understood that line wrong...does "at a cost" mean gold or silver ?
Last edited by UnknownPlayer666 on 11.12.2017, 17:49, edited 1 time in total.
UnknownPlayer666

11.12.2017, 17:48

Well that all sounds extremely awesome! :) :D

Btw.: Did I just see a scope + a collimator on that Scar-H?? Whooaaaaaat? O_o Nice :D

Can't wait for the update!

Edit: @UnknownPlayer666, yeah that's the only line which worries me a bit. But I guess those modules will be found quite requently so this may not be suuuch a huge problem. But I'm afraid of VG's well known "50%" chance xD
Last edited by jule on 11.12.2017, 17:53, edited 1 time in total.
jule

11.12.2017, 17:51

UnknownPlayer666:That's stupid. That's beyond stupid. Please tell me I understood that line wrong...

Well it doesn't say gold, but I'm not saying it isn't just because it doesn't say that.
Edit: okay then
joewillburn:It is for gold, yes.

And well, I'd expect 2-4x scopes to be very common drops and we'll be drowning in them in a while...

All in all, I'll wait until PTS to say anything more about this.
Last edited by Tsjuder on 11.12.2017, 18:06, edited 1 time in total.

Tsjuder

11.12.2017, 17:54

Please feel free to ask your questions. We'll gather them and do a follow up Q&A.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

11.12.2017, 17:56

My understanding is that we can either grind out the attachment system like we could before with killz, or pay gold, like before, and advance faster.

Also the multi-attachment system - niiiiiice. I'm glad to see they are finally trying to compete with *****. :) Which is excellent news. I can't wait to attach collinmator and a 2x,3x,4x,6x scope to a rifle. Just think of the possibilities!
Last edited by riad55 on 11.12.2017, 18:47, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: forbidden reference.
VioletRose

11.12.2017, 18:05

UnknownPlayer666 wrote:
frend, hold up

you telling us that in order to change a module we will have to pay gold, otherwise we lose that said module ?? For example if I want to run around for one match with a 4x scope instead of my usual 3x on a sniper, I will lose my 3x scope ? And then hope that it pops up in one of the possible roulettes ?

That's stupid. That's beyond stupid. Please tell me I understood that line wrong...does "at a cost" mean gold or silver ?

It is for gold, yes. But please note you will have modules dropping for every victory in PvP and frequently in PVE, so you’ll have many different modules on hand. Therefore you might only want to consider paying gold for a module to preserve it if you think it a really valuable (rare) one, otherwise you wouldn’t even care due to how easily modules are acquired. That’s the thinking behind it. Anyway, that’s the first iteration of it. And we will assess the situation during and after PTS testing.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

11.12.2017, 18:10

The already installed modules on your weaponry will be transferred to the new system. Besides, part of the weapon characteristics previously linked to the modifiers will now be fully transferred onto the modules. Therefore, in such cases we will preserve the parameters of your modifiers and add those to your weapon’s modules. Thus, we will largely ensure to preserve your weapon’s characteristics in the new system.

I'm having trouble understanding these patch notes.
Are you doing away with the colour upgrade system? (Blue, green and orange) and converting the upgrades we spent spare parts on honing (Like 5% damage, 10% recoil, 2.5% armour pen) into this new system (So that we do not lose our progress)

Which currency are we using to modify and upgrade our weapons?

Silver (That everyone has too much of and a money sink is needed)
Spare parts (That are too useful compared to silver and everyone needs for everything ever)
Gold (That makes it look pay to win, again)

When is this update going to go live?

Some modules will be installed on top of each other, but in most cases the current module has to be replaced with a new one. The former could either broken (for free) or preserved at a cost.

Let me guess, only gold.

Can we get a killcounter on weapons (That extends even after we've unlocked everything)
English_Cat

11.12.2017, 18:16

0.51 Look awesome :)
BąrвyLs

11.12.2017, 18:30

Its doesnt look nice at all.
New update looks like hidden p2w involved even deeper than we have it now.
common, a rare or a legendary attachments.
How i see it:
- common - meaningless - there is a chance that u get one after match
- rare - its changes weapon, but not so much, like -3,-3,-3 mod now
- legendary - u can dream, but never will get one - only for gold

I am curious what VG will do with all atachments that players bought for gold.

will they hide behind "its beta, git gut" statement again, like they did in the past??

I am ready to see how this forum again turn into .....

Looking forward with popcorn ready :D

btw. for winnings u say....with present MM...i will never get one....
Last edited by Owcen_no_steam on 11.12.2017, 18:33, edited 2 times in total.
Owcen_no_steam

11.12.2017, 18:53

So:

If a wanna change a module i "break" the previous one, or keep it with gold....
Okaaaay, we gonna get a sh*t load of modules (probably the common), but it doesn't sounds good....

Another thing: what about the modules/unlocks that we already have?
I don't understand that part!
Let's say i unlocked everything on my AKM, 0.51 hit the server, what will i see?
daniel0615

11.12.2017, 19:03

Owcen_no_steam:

Owcen you are good and you can get what you want I know it :)
daniel0615:

at least they should give us more rare attachments in PvE.
all in all We need to wait and see.
I'll pray the God for good things to come upon us \O/ Amen :)
Last edited by G1L on 11.12.2017, 19:05, edited 2 times in total.
G1L

11.12.2017, 19:12

I fear and hope some stuff with this update, balance and gameplay wise.

I fear that you might let us use x4 scopes on SMGs or x8 scopes on ARs, which is a non-sense balance-wise.
I hope to finally see the possibility to play with SRs with iron sights, or remove the sights of the Mosin rifle, or add higher zoom to something like Python.
I also hope that modules will now have negative aspects to them too, like the positive aspect of a vertical being that it should decrease the moving ADS and hipfire spread penalty by 50% and its negative aspect would be 34% slower spread decrease.

Will we finally be able to bring two different configurations of the same weapon into battle without having to buy it twice? Doubt it, but would be cool.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

11.12.2017, 19:16

joewillburn:
It is for gold, yes. But ...
So - this will be something like we have with ammo type/system now?
Also:
1. Do you plan to make something upgradeable for silver finally? Some players have tons of silver and you know it ;/.

Owcen_no_steam:I am curious what VG will do with all atachments that players bought for gold.
Same question...What about gold weapons? What about regular weapons upgrades, we get for gold? Will we loose everything?
Андрияш Козловский:
a special Christmas event. This time we would like to offer something totally new
. Nice, finally i'm intrigued.
aZERO77

11.12.2017, 19:18

"Our plans are to keep advancing the weapon modification system with a focus on realism"
Wanna take off that suppressor? Oh darn it broke. VERY realistic.
Deathclaw BG

11.12.2017, 19:26

Deathclaw BG:"Our plans are to keep advancing the weapon modification system with a focus on realism"

Lol. They at least should break when you reach a certain amount of kills, or shouldn't break with the first removal but after a few of them.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

11.12.2017, 19:28

Андрияш Козловский:Previously to install a module you’d need to accomplish a certain number of kills with the weapon

uuhh more kills.... sigh fine I'll deal with it

Андрияш Козловский:

some modules will be installed on top of each other, but in most cases the current module has to be replaced with a new one. The former could either broken (for free) or preserved at a cost.

what kind of idiot cannot remove modification without breaking it? What did you use, a hammer? If you charge gold as the cost, I'll be losing faith in this game. Silver is fine since it can be acquire

everything else sounds good, those are my two gripes only.
Last edited by Vodkajaeger on 11.12.2017, 19:28, edited 1 time in total.
Vodkajaeger

11.12.2017, 19:38

Vodkajaeger:

uuhh more kills.... sigh fine I'll deal with it

Less kills, not more. Read further: "This said, the required number of kills to unlock a slot will be decreased".

Deathclaw BG:"Our plans are to keep advancing the weapon modification system with a focus on realism"

Single-use suppressors from Walmart kek.
Last edited by UnknownPlayer666 on 11.12.2017, 19:42, edited 1 time in total.
UnknownPlayer666

11.12.2017, 21:21

Soo... Any info on old 3D scopes making a return to game?
If you ask which ones.. Those before 0.40. They were installed onto VSK-94, Remington 700 etc.
polish-stalker876

11.12.2017, 21:43

trust in develoopers , game never feels to me pay2win, and i believe that will not change and we have chance for get that premium items as free %0000.2 but we have chance i think same will be for that unique attachments too
game is still beta early access :P and project need earn money ! make empathasjkdfkas dk :))
Last edited by cheki breki on 11.12.2017, 21:45, edited 1 time in total.
cheki breki

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to News