Survarium Patch 0.50 is Live. Play Now!

Discussion of the latest news and events related to Survarium.

24.10.2017, 18:59

Survarium Patch 0.50 with the first ever cooperative story mission is now live!

Please find the complete list of changes or watch the video overview of the Patch below. Have a good time playing the game!

Not playing Survarium yet?
Download the latest version of the game here!

Survarium Patch 0.50 Highlights
Story-driven Team Mission
Story mission tells about a conflict between Black Market and The Renaissance Army, and also unveils the mystery about secret experiments which lead to creation of the Forest. Specifically for this mission we created a new map with lots of both open and indoors locations. We tried to add an element of exploration into the game, and also let you interact with the world of Survarium.

The mission is designed for a squad of three players, and to successfully finish it you need to complete a set of tasks. At least one of the players must reach each of the checkpoints: then defeated squad members (if there are any) are resurrected and may continue. If all squad members are dead, the mission is failed.

While going through the mission you will learn the storyline, but you can also find stashes containing various trophies which you will receive when the mission is successfully finished.

The Complete List of Changes in Survarium Patch 0.50
Team Story Missions

- Introduced "Team Missions" mode.
- Introduced "Dangerous Knowlege" team mission. It tells about a conflict between Black Market and The Renaissance Army, and also unveils the mystery about secret experiments which lead to creation of the Forest.
- To begin a mission special Access Keys are required. The keys are divided in free and premium. One free key is awarded for each of the first 2 wins in PvP matches daily (so you can get maximum 2 keys daily), and you cannot own more than 2 free keys. Premium keys can be bought in the shop. Your keys never expire and the free keys are always used first.
- After the first login into Survarium 0.50 all players will receive 5 Access Keys (2 free and 3 premium ones).
- To start a mission you need to spend one Access Key for each person. You can pay for yourself, and also for one or both allies.
- The mission is designed for a squad of three players. However, you can start it solo or with a friend, but you need to block the rest of the spots: pay for another one (if you go duo) or for two other people (if you go solo).
- When you join a PvE mission alone (and have not blocked additional spots), the game will find two squadmates for you.
- While going through the mission you can find stashes with trophies (some of them are hard to miss, but it's not that easy to get all of the stashes). The more stashes you collect, the more rewards you get when the mission is a success. Can you find all the stashes?
- There are three difficulty settings (easy, medium, hard) on each of five equipment tiers. The rewards for completing a mission depend on the number of stashes found, difficulty and equipment tier.
- To successfully finish a mission you need to complete a set of tasks. At least one of the players must reach each of the checkpoints: then defeated squad members are resurrected and may continue.
- You can resurrect immediately by spending an Access Key.
- You can loot fallen enemies to resupply ammo.
- If all squad members are dead, the mission is failed. The mission also has a time limit (45 minutes).
- Added new UI screens before and after team missions.
- Added Leaderboards for Team Missions. Your position is affected by the number of found stashes and mission completion time.

General Changes

- Damage to characters hands increased from 80% to 100%.
- All character skills were reset. Don't forget to redistribute your skill points!

Weapons, Equipment, and Supplies
Equipment

- Armor on all gloves was brought in line with that of other equipment.

Assault Rifles

- HK416: slow down descreased from 15% to 12%.

Machine Guns

- RPD: damage increased from 34 to 36.
- RPK-74M: damage increased from 32 to 33.
- Fort-401: damage increased from 34 to 36.
- PKP "Pecheneg": damage increased from 35 to 36.
- FN Minimi: distance increased from 40 to 50.

Shotguns

- Shotgun damage on the maximum distance descreased from 30% to 20%.
- NeoStead 2000: pellets grouping when firing from the hip descreased from 9 to 6.
- MR-27M Lancaster: pellets grouping when firing from the hip descreased from 7 to 5.
- MP-153 "Baikal": pellets grouping when firing from the hip descreased from 8 to 6.
- Remington 870: pellets grouping when firing from the hip descreased from 9 to 6.
- TOZ-34: pellets grouping when firing from the hip descreased from 7 to 6.
- Franchi SPAS-12: pellets grouping when firing from the hip descreased from 6 to 5.
- Benelli M4 Super 90: pellets grouping when firing from the hip descreased from 8 to 6.5.
- Vepr-12: pellets grouping when firing from the hip descreased from 7 to 5.
- Siaga-12K: pellets grouping when firing from the hip descreased from 7 to 5, rate of fire descreased from 400 to 350.
- KS-23M "Catbird": distance increased from 10 to 12 meters.
- KS-23M: distance increased from 7 to 8.5, pellets grouping when firing from the hip descreased from 9 to 6.
- Jackhammer: damage increased from 80 to 90.

Carbines

- Socom 16: distance descreased from 70 to 60.
- SVD: distance increased from 60 to 75, penetration increased from 8 to 10.

Pistols

- Colt Python: rate of fire increased fom 150 to 175.

Technical Changes

- Improved performance of both renderers (for gaming and old PCs).
- Added distortion stage for the renderer for old PCs.

Bug Fixes

- Fixed issues causin desynchronization.
- Fixed several issues in the tutorial mission.
- Fixed decal shimmering when using the renderer for old PCs.
- Fixed an issue with laser sight dot not showing on characters and objects when using the renderer for old PCs.
- Fixed shimmering of anumated objects when using the renderer for old PCs.

Download Survarium 0.50 and check it out! Hopefully you'll like the changes.

See you on the battlefield!
Last edited by joewillburn on 11.12.2017, 17:36, edited 2 times in total.

Survarium DevTeam
Vostok Games

24.10.2017, 19:17

hahahahaahha you nerfed shotgun again! I was having fun abusing it T_T

Its great that Machine guns got buff since they were the slowest compare to AR so why use Machine gun. Heavy Machine Guns need more DAKKA

Anyway PvE!! FK YEA!!

I dislike how ya force people to play PvP in order to play PvE . What I don't understand is this:
"- The mission is designed for a squad of three players. However, you can start it solo or with a friend, but you need to block the rest of the spots: pay for another one (if you go duo) or for two other people (if you go solo)."

sooo If I wanna roll solo I gotta pay 3 token? isn't that impossible for free token user?

I have a feeling locking people to PvP will cause a lotta backlash. People already had enough of PvP and now you're forcing em to play it
Last edited by Vodkajaeger on 24.10.2017, 23:50, edited 2 times in total.
Vodkajaeger

24.10.2017, 19:24

And here I thought that we will get Access keys on the each time we log in... I'm dissapointed. No,really I am.
1 key for each win in PvP, with 2 max(no problem with max amount). Give me a break,will ya? What if we got an amazing streak of 5 loses? Then what? Try harder!
And now that they're awarded for win...
And paying for other players?! Can't we just have 1 key per person(from each). Something like this:
Player X pays for himself(1);
Player Y pays for himself(1);
Player Z pays for himself(1).
And I beg you to stop with premium Bullsh*t! Premium keys?
What's next? Premium access to FreePlay?*
My request is to make them(or at very last one) "ressuply" after each login. Minimal time to get them is 6-7h

*DISCLAIMER: Please don't ban me.
polish-stalker876

24.10.2017, 19:31

Could you please answer the question about the premium bonuses in co-op? I don't know if there's a point of activating my ticket just for that.
Last edited by spinach on 24.10.2017, 19:31, edited 1 time in total.
spinach

24.10.2017, 19:38

polish-stalker876:
And I beg you to stop with premium Bullsh*t! Premium keys?
What's next? Premium access to FreePlay?*

The premium tokens look like a mixed bag. On the one hand the developers do need to monetize for PvE content one way or the other, especially with premium equipment being available as a reward for finishing on high difficulty. On the other hand grinding for loot can be too easy if the mission can be exploited thus resulting in paying for more loot. I'll have to try out the system before coming to a conclusion.
Last edited by Davik_Heragon on 24.10.2017, 19:41, edited 1 time in total.

Davik_Heragon

24.10.2017, 20:28

Survarium DevTeam:
One free key is awarded for each of the first 2 wins in PvP matches daily (so you can get maximum 2 keys daily), and you cannot own more than 2 free keys.

WHAT???

Why are you locking PvE content behind PvP grind???

I'm done with the PvP in this game and I only want to play PvE, I'm sure there will be plenty of people who only want to play PvE. Locking it behind PvP is a terrible idea!!!
Last edited by Shrekr on 24.10.2017, 20:30, edited 1 time in total.
Shrekr

24.10.2017, 20:39

wouaw intense mission, the soundtrack is just amazing, the forest part is stressful, the enemies in hard level are hard, the laboratory part is gloomy but it's perfect, sincerely WOUAW! very very very good jobs guys :)
Flooceman

24.10.2017, 20:45

Shrekr:

WHAT???

Why are you locking PvE content behind PvP grind???

I'm done with the PvP in this game and I only want to play PvE, I'm sure there will be plenty of people who only want to play PvE. Locking it behind PvP is a terrible idea!!!

Agreed.
Blazius

24.10.2017, 21:35

Tried 1 match with randoms, we found 4 stashes and died. Do we lose stashes cause we died? Or did we get them? No notification to any result of stashes found.
Shroomcar

24.10.2017, 21:49

- fps decreased to 20

E 5 1 5 0

24.10.2017, 22:02

Survarium DevTeam: FN Minimi: distance increased from 40 to 50.
I really ridiculous change, shotguns and smg still op and no recoil , the rest looks great.
Last edited by BąrвyLs on 24.10.2017, 22:05, edited 2 times in total.
BąrвyLs

24.10.2017, 22:08

Shroomcar:Tried 1 match with randoms, we found 4 stashes and died. Do we lose stashes cause we died? Or did we get them? No notification to any result of stashes found.

You only get to open them if you complete the mission.

edit: we need glow-sticks or flares at the laboratory section :P
Last edited by Chandrian on 24.10.2017, 22:31, edited 1 time in total.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

24.10.2017, 23:00

My initial PvE review:

So far, pretty satisfied with it. Good ambience, good difficulty on all its respective setting except the problems with hard. Absolutely loved the laboratory, though got knows how you plug the other leaks. If its most glaring issues, this being the bullshit forest, the hardmode fuckery and the unnecessary damage pools, get fixed, its a solid 8/10 in my book

My main criticisms:

Making all water acidic seems unnecessary. Or at least make the ones not connected to the main body of water slightly less damaging.
The anomalous forest before the lab is bullshit and just condems one player to die.
The aestethic of the anomalies could use some work; I think increasing the distortion effect when one is activating would greatly improve the appeal.
Hardmode bots arbitrarily decide they can see through walls. Literally see. None of this foottracking bullshit you sometimes see in PvP. No, you are sitting completely still, firing a suppressed weapon from behind cover, and then one enemy from a angle completely obscured to you just sprays you down through cover.
Binding the tokens to wins is unnecessary. Though I agree that just giving them to someone just for logging in is being too generous, sometimes you lose 10 times in a row.
We definitely need flashlights or something like that
AI can of course use some tinkering. Patrol behavior seems inorganic right now due ot them using standard jogging animations. Nobody is going to do that for a full day.
Make russian voice acting with english subtitles a thing. english voice acting quality is highly inconsistent, and the forced accent of the Boar leader is just grating.

What I see here is great potential, though in its current state, its not without its flaws. The firefight in the sawmill feels like a honest-to-real stalker firefight, though the AI does have some blindspots. I'd also recommend turning the sawmill into a Slaughter map, if not a full TDM map

Also, the altant corp thing? Brilliant. If now we can just get basic formatting options on the forum
Last edited by colers25 on 24.10.2017, 23:20, edited 2 times in total.
colers25

24.10.2017, 23:10

The main negative point is the AI. I hope they improve it.
R0M41D3N
Explorer

24.10.2017, 23:18

I don't like that antitoxines, oxygen tanks and anomaly protection do not have any effect (anomaly damage only increases with difficulty setting, dealing 64 dmg per hit on Hard).

The red forest part near the laboratory is not that hard. You just need to advance slowly and stop if the toxic smoke doesn't retreat, so you don't die.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

24.10.2017, 23:22

Survarium DevTeam:One free key is awarded for each of the first 2 wins in PvP matches daily (so you can get maximum 2 keys daily), and you cannot own more than 2 free keys. Premium keys can be bought in the shop. Your keys never expire and the free keys are always used first.

OK seriously, there's no game that I can think of that actually locks PvE behind PvP like this.

Your key system itself is a slap in the face to everyone who supported your game all these years (especially the founders) while waiting for PvE. But that's a different issue. I want to talk about your key access system.

It's fine to sell extra keys for gold. Many games do this. But it's not fine to lock free keys behind winning matches in PvP. Some people only want to play PvE and you don't have to be a damn genius to understand this!

Do you guys actually play your own game on the public servers? Do you know what it feels like to waste your time losing several matches in a row???

You don't have to look far for a perfect example of how this is implemented. @VG your neighbours over at Crytek Kiev made a FPS with both PvE and PvP, and yes they do have a key system (for raids only btw, their normal PvE missions are free access!!!) and these keys are given out to each player DAILY AND FOR FREE without any additional grind like winning PvP matches...

P.S. not to mention the fact that this is an open beta here and you need us to test this new mission a lot, because we are your beta testers. But how are we supposed to test it properly, when you have limited our access to the mission so severely???
Last edited by Shrekr on 24.10.2017, 23:36, edited 4 times in total.
Shrekr

24.10.2017, 23:51

Shrekr:But how are we supposed to test it properly, when you have limited our access to the mission so severely???

Over a 100 groups had completed the mission in the first hour. The access at a whole is not that limited.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

25.10.2017, 00:23

Chandrian:
Over a 100 groups had completed the mission in the first hour. The access at a whole is not that limited.

lol you're totally missing the point...
Shrekr

25.10.2017, 00:34

I have graphical problems on both renderers. Match window in lobby is hiding and appearing while searching. In-game chat disappeared. Sometimes I have black screen for split second.
As for networking, gameplay feels much better, but I had two desyncs. I was kicked to lobby for a second after one of them.
Last edited by Tanatloc on 25.10.2017, 00:45, edited 1 time in total.
Tanatloc

25.10.2017, 01:11

Shrekr:lol you're totally missing the point...

And you aren't?

You want them to let us play PVE 24/7 just like that? You do realize that without this limitation PVP would be even more dead than it is now? I spent 20 minutes today looking for a rating match on T5 EU/RU after I had played PVE a few times and I couldn't find a match, when it usually finds one in 3-5 minutes at most on T5 with EU/RU selected. I'm hoping that wait times tomorrow will be a bit shorter.

We should be whining about how you need to pay tickets for the blocked slots if you want to play alone instead, not about limited access to a mission that on its hardest difficulty gives you free premium gear.
Last edited by Chandrian on 25.10.2017, 01:15, edited 1 time in total.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to News