Test updated game modes on the PTS!

Discussion of the latest news and events related to Survarium.

02.02.2017, 15:48

Ok just gave it a test here is what i found.

- like colers25 says high DPS weapons like the jackhammer can kill a battery in 2 seconds which is really bad.
- I don't like the 45 seconds until a battery blows up from full health. too easy to empty a charger and then just camp killing anyone trying to put the batteries back into the charger. I could easily empty a charger and hold off the enemy team for 45 seconds until the batteries all explode and respawn for a our team to get. so not point trying to actually steal them
- Fall damage seems fine. I dropped one from the highest point in the game and it probably only lost around 20% health
- Would be nice to get a health indicator on the batteries.....nothing big but a little "67%" on a battery would be good so you know the condition of it.
- battery health seems to reset to 100% each time it is picked up.

Overall I think the changes are bad for battery mode, so it mostly fixes the problem of players stashing batteries in there spawn point, although in organised teams like a clan match you could easily take the batteries to a spawn protected place and have someone who is completely invincible watch over the batteries by picking them up and dropping them to reset the health making it impossible for the enemy team to get them.
I think 45 seconds for a full health battery to explode is way too short and stops fun battles over them around the map and makes it far too easy to empty an enemy charger. If a battery falls through the floor I prefer it to just pop back up where it was like it used to rather than instantly exploding. Only if it gets stuck under the map should it instantly explode. Players can still throw batteries out of the map but now can get them reset for the team to take.

oh and bots are really awful still and hugely detract from the game.

Leki
Supertester

02.02.2017, 16:44

Leki:- like colers25 says high DPS weapons like the jackhammer can kill a battery in 2 seconds which is really bad.

colers25:Batteries have about 1500 health.

colers25:I suggest putting a upper limit on the possible damage per shot.

I'd suggest changing the HP to something like 500 and make ALL weapons deal 1 dmg with each shot. I've seen this done in Ragnarok Online and it works perfectly. Except grenades, which could deal 10 dmg or so each. Like this not even one guy with P90 would be able to destroy it fast enough, and two guys shooting at once would have problems destroying it too. Though if it's changed to this, all you'd have to do is throw the battery to the ground from a high point 5 times to destroy it.
Last edited by Chandrian on 02.02.2017, 16:45, edited 2 times in total.
Chandrian
Survivor
Supertester

02.02.2017, 16:47

Thanks for the feedback Leki.

Leki wrote:Players can still throw batteries out of the map but now can get them reset for the team to take.

This exploit has been fixed on London as per the FAQ I shared a few moments ago. The fix will be in the next update.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

02.02.2017, 19:54

Question: Do you plan to make the vision of the player carrying the artifact in "Artifact Hunt," distorted? For example, like the anomaly on "Tarakanovskiy Fort"?

Answer: Thank you for the idea! We'll discuss this with the team!

Don't forget to NOT include the effect in new renderer ;^) Let it just annoy guys playing on the old renderer. Bourgeois rich enough to enjoy the graphic of the game should get punished once again.
Last edited by yaji on 02.02.2017, 19:54, edited 1 time in total.

yaji

02.02.2017, 23:37

joewillburn:
Question: Do you plan to do something about the situation whereby a player throws the battery outside of the location?

Answer: Yes, we are working on this. The "Window" on "London" has been corrected. This fix will be available in the next update. We will continue to work and correct other errors.

...and are you aware that other locations like Cologne Bridge and Mamayev Kurgan have the same problem? I'm mostly curious how do you deal with the fire crater on Mamayev.
Ventori

03.02.2017, 09:39

Ventori wrote:...and are you aware that other locations like Cologne Bridge and Mamayev Kurgan have the same problem? I'm mostly curious how do you deal with the fire crater on Mamayev.

"We will continue to work and correct other errors"
joewillburn
Vostok Games

03.02.2017, 11:30

joewillburn:

Question: Do you plan to do something about the situation whereby a player throws the battery outside of the location?

Answer: Yes, we are working on this. The "Window" on "London" has been corrected. This fix will be available in the next update. We will continue to work and correct other errors.

it isn't only the windows, on opposite base it is the left wall who is to low.

Concerning Mamayev kurgan, maybe let players who have oxygen backpack the possibility to get in the fire to take the batteries.
William-g

03.02.2017, 12:30

William-g wrote:it isn't only the windows, on opposite base it is the left wall who is to low.

We're aware of that. We just referenced a known issue that is fixed and included the "We will continue to work and correct other errors" to show that we are aware and are working on repairing other exploits. We did not say "London is 100% fixed"
joewillburn
Vostok Games

03.02.2017, 13:33

A video review about the new battery changes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L26BW1GvFY4

Leki:- Would be nice to get a health indicator on the batteries.....nothing big but a little "67%" on a battery would be good so you know the condition of it.

I don't think so, that would be too much help.
K3lvin

03.02.2017, 14:34

K3lvin:I don't think so, that would be too much help.

Right, because enemy hit markers aren't too much help already.
Please.

joewillburn:We're aware of that. We just referenced a known issue that is fixed and included the "We will continue to work and correct other errors" to show that we are aware and are working on repairing other exploits. We did not say "London is 100% fixed"

Now that we are talking about London, are you also aware that players are still spawn protected when they already jumped down to the ramp that goes to the basement and leads to B flag?
Also, what about the situations where the artifact carrier is killed on these ramps (and on Rudnya map too, when going up the hill from the swamp) and the artifact just rolls down 10-20m to where the enemy was shooting from? On maps like Rudnya not even smoke grenades help to cover, because players with sniper rifles can somehow see the glow through the smoke. I think the artifact shouldn't have "motion"; it's moving by itself right after it just spawned too...
Last edited by Chandrian on 03.02.2017, 14:41, edited 1 time in total.
Chandrian
Survivor
Supertester

03.02.2017, 16:59

Chandrian wrote:the artifact just rolls down 10-20m to where the enemy was shooting from?

I think that is perfectly acceptable. It's using the environment to your advantage. I don't think it would be advisable to have the artifact as a static object. It's a valuable item and the only way the team can win. So it should be a challenge to obtain, defend and deliver.

As for the spawn shields, I will bring up this concern with the team in the Monday morning meeting. But will mention it now as a point.
Last edited by joewillburn on 03.02.2017, 17:00, edited 1 time in total.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

03.02.2017, 18:18

Around 6 PM GMT today, on February the 6th, we will update the PTS version of Survarium to include weapons with new FOV and technical improvements! Read more in the whole version of the news. Also read the previous changes in Survarium 0.45c0 on the PTS.

The Complete List of Changes in PTS 0.45c1
Gameplay

- The players get points basing on the distance they carried the artifact, and additional points for delivering the artifact to the base. Thus you will get maximum points if you deliver the artifact all by yourself. If several players worked together to deliver the artifact, each of them gets corresponding amount of points.

Visuals and Animation

- Changed field of view (FOV) for all weapons.

Technical Changes

- High delay should no longer cause fps drops.
- Also fixed situations when a character could die and resurrect (or his HP changed) during a shootout.
Last edited by joewillburn on 03.02.2017, 19:45, edited 1 time in total.

Survarium DevTeam
Vostok Games

03.02.2017, 18:20

Nice, I want to see screenshots. :)
pRopaaNS

03.02.2017, 19:01

joewillburn:I think that is perfectly acceptable. It's using the environment to your advantage. I don't think it would be advisable to have the artifact as a static object. It's a valuable item and the only way the team can win. So it should be a challenge to obtain, defend and deliver.

Yeah, the London ramp cases are not so bad, I wouldn't be suggesting to make it static just because of that.

I'm more worried about Rudnya scenario, where as I mentioned it's almost impossible to get it up the base on the side of the map that doesn't have a bridge near it. If smoke could be used as a strategy to avoid snipers, then it would be fine by me, but they somehow see the glow through the smoke from far away, while I don't with my AR. Compare this 3rd person view http://i.imgur.com/sdXGwkL.png to this sniper view of the same moment: http://i.imgur.com/nDA7Va1.png I don't think it's fair and competitive, do you?
I've been in Rudnya matches several times where neither team could deliver the artifact because they would just keep dying to snipers. After 10 out of 15 minutes of playtime score can sometimes be just 0:1 on that map. That's not fun, that's just dying to a sniper every time you pick up the artifact.
Either the glow inside the smoke needs to be fixed so it's not visible with SR, or some barriers placed in those places on Rudnya swamp (I know that maps change slightly depending on the mode you're playing), because snipers can do whatever they want and on top of that the artifact just rolls down again and people keep dying in the open :/ Their snipers kill our carrier, our snipers kill their carrier.
Last edited by Chandrian on 03.02.2017, 19:03, edited 1 time in total.
Chandrian
Survivor
Supertester

03.02.2017, 19:13

Amazing, the Toz-122 and Mosin just have gotten soooo much better, probably even more than the M4. Their microscopic front posts were so annoying to aim with.

EDIT: 2x sights have gotten A LOT better. Like, a world of difference. http://imgur.com/a/0sBzz

i will update this post as I work through the entire weapon list testing the new aiming points; current comments:

1. i've been getting multiple shader related crashes (meaning what it says on the error). Fix this before rolling it out. All crashes happen in lobby conditions or once the game loads into the login screen. EDIT: Might be local issue; one i have to reinstall the PTS for. EDIT: Nope, it came right back http://imgur.com/a/4SgO5. EDIT: Potato renderer came to the rescue and unscrewed it after a second reinstall had no effect either.

2. there is something seriously screwed with the ironsighted recoil animation of the SKS. It feels like the entire gun turns into rubber once you fire it. Very odd.

The gist of this update is basically that the front-posts now all seem to fit the back post, instead of the past where in the case of the Toz-122 the front post was literally a third of what it should be
Last edited by colers25 on 03.02.2017, 19:50, edited 5 times in total.
colers25

03.02.2017, 20:14

Survarium DevTeam:
- Also fixed situations when a character could die and resurrect (or his HP changed) during a shootout.

Still happening, atleast to self. I have experienced it 1 time total, out of 4 matches.

7132440<- This is the match in which it has happened, unfortunately though i do NOT have timestamps or any screenshots or video footage. Excuse me.

Cooper_

03.02.2017, 20:29

Okay, i am creating galleries showcasing all new FOV ironsights, along with a few of the optics.

Tier 6 to tier 10: http://imgur.com/a/0sBzz , the first 2 are the new and old 2x optic compared, showing how less obstructive it has become.

remains of tier 10: http://imgur.com/a/HolvQ If someone could donate a PKP picture that'd be great.

Tier 1 to 5 (WIP): Coming in an hour or 3, just give me some time
colers25

04.02.2017, 07:56

I dislike the 2x scope. The old one was good because had enough space within the scope. Not it's all squished together for the sake of being smaller. And it also looks like a pretty low polygon model.
Last edited by Dauerfeuer Ungeheuer on 04.02.2017, 08:12, edited 2 times in total.
Dauerfeuer Ungeheuer

04.02.2017, 09:37

Cooper_:

Still happening, atleast to self. I have experienced it 1 time total, out of 4 matches.

7132440<- This is the match in which it has happened, unfortunately though i do NOT have timestamps or any screenshots or video footage. Excuse me.

These patch notes are for PTS, are you talking about PTS?
Chandrian
Survivor
Supertester

04.02.2017, 10:13

Dauerfeuer Ungeheuer wrote:pretty low polygon model

He's using the low-end renderer
joewillburn
Vostok Games

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to News