Test updated game modes on the PTS!

Discussion of the latest news and events related to Survarium.

01.02.2017, 18:14

Test out two updated Survarium game modes on the PTS: we reworked Battery Retrieval and added an additional round in Artifact Hunt. Participate in the test by downloading new game version or updating Survarium PTS v. 0.45. Please note that the temporary shutdowns of the PTS are possible when installing updates and making urgent changes.

You can participate in the test if you registered in Survarium no later than December 5. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to login to the PTS if you have registered via Steam due to a different authentication system.
All testers will receive 10 thousand spare parts, 10 million silver, and 10 thousand gold to make purchases on the PTS. Characters and progress in the main game as of December 5 will be copied to the test server. However, the progress you make during the test will not be transferred back to the main server! The PTS has no way if receiving payments, so purchases made in Survarium shop are automatically credited to your account on the main server.

Please find the update notes below. Keep in mind those are not final and the changes will most likely go into Survarium Update 0.46. See you on the PTS!

The Complete List of Changes in PTS 0.45c0

Final Round in Artifact Hunt

- Final round starts if both teams have equal score when the match ends (15 mins pass). The final round lasts additional 3 minutes.
- You can't resurrect in the final round. The team which delivers the artifact or kills more enemies wins.
- If the final round ends in a tie, both teams lose.

Changing Batteries in "Battery Retrieval"

- A battery is considered lost if it's not in the spawn point, in the base or in the character's hands.
- Lost batteries gradually lose "health". It loses 100% in 45 seconds.
- Upon reaching 0% battery explodes and deals damage to everything around it: characters, devices, other batteries.
- Battery makes a specific sound before exploding.
- Battery explosion creates explosion particles and also makes a sound.
- Battery can be damaged by grenades, bullets and by other exploding batteries.
- When a battery falls it also receives damage depending on the fall height.
- Batteries immediately explode when falling down from a location.
- Destroyed batteries respawn in 30 seconds.
Last edited by joewillburn on 01.02.2017, 20:24, edited 2 times in total.

Survarium DevTeam
Vostok Games

01.02.2017, 18:27

Survarium DevTeam:- Battery can be damaged by grenades, bullets and by other exploding batteries.

This is actually a huge game changer. Players will think twice before spamming the base with grenades in case battery is stolen, especially at the end of the match.
Diegtiarov

01.02.2017, 19:28

What if, let's say your team is 5-2, you run to a batterie point --> pick it up and drop it right away. Just so you can shoot it. That means the enemy (and you team but you're 3 point ahead) can't take it for another 30 secondes. I mean it sounds like destroying it by shooting and nading is faster then delivering it to the base.

Or has it so much health that that isn't going to be a viable option?
Last edited by YouTube-CadGamings on 01.02.2017, 19:29, edited 2 times in total.
YouTube-CadGamings

01.02.2017, 19:31

YouTube-CadGamings:Or has it so much health that that isn't going to be a viable option?

Let's just hope it has enough health for it not to be a viable option. We have to test in on PTS, though.
Chandrian
Survivor
Supertester

01.02.2017, 19:32

So the new tactic will be place C4 at enemy battery charger...empty as many batteries as possible and then detonate them.....then collect batteries after they respawn or just do it at the end of the game so you win. Also encourages throwing batteries out of the game when stealing so that they respawn.

also Kinda takes away the teamwork of throwing batteries down to your team mates on maps like chem plant etc
Last edited by Leki on 01.02.2017, 19:32, edited 1 time in total.

Leki
Supertester

01.02.2017, 19:39

Server offline for anyone else?
colers25

01.02.2017, 20:05

colers25 wrote:Server offline for anyone else?

Not online yet.

YouTube-CadGamings wrote:What if, let's say your team is 5-2, you run to a batterie point --> pick it up and drop it right away. Just so you can shoot it. That means the enemy (and you team but you're 3 point ahead) can't take it for another 30 secondes. I mean it sounds like destroying it by shooting and nading is faster then delivering it to the base.

Or has it so much health that that isn't going to be a viable option?

Leki wrote:So the new tactic will be place C4 at enemy battery charger...empty as many batteries as possible and then detonate them.....then collect batteries after they respawn or just do it at the end of the game so you win. Also encourages throwing batteries out of the game when stealing so that they respawn.

also Kinda takes away the teamwork of throwing batteries down to your team mates on maps like chem plant etc

The reason we are testing these out on the PTS before introducing them in 0.46 is for several reasons. It enables us to gather valuable data on the mechanics of each mode and their changes. Spawn time, detonation time etc. It also allows us to assess how players deal with the new system and hopefully expose any flaws or uncomfortable features. Then there's the "We want to be more involved in development and test features before they are released" that players/users have been asking for, so this is providing that, as asked, directly to you. Let's not be too quick to judge as we've only been doing some internal testing at this point.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

01.02.2017, 20:06

Leki wrote:also Kinda takes away the teamwork of throwing batteries down to your team mates on maps like chem plant etc

Who says this cannot still be achieved? The batteries have "health" and one just needs to be careful not to damage it too much.

P.S. It's nice to see you back man :)
Last edited by joewillburn on 01.02.2017, 20:24, edited 1 time in total.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

01.02.2017, 21:32

joewillburn:
The reason we are testing these out on the PTS before introducing them in 0.46 is for several reasons. It enables us to gather valuable data on the mechanics of each mode and their changes. Spawn time, detonation time etc. It also allows us to assess how players deal with the new system and hopefully expose any flaws or uncomfortable features. Then there's the "We want to be more involved in development and test features before they are released" that players/users have been asking for, so this is providing that, as asked, directly to you. Let's not be too quick to judge as we've only been doing some internal testing at this point.

Hi Joe :)

Maybe my comments came off as a bit salty ;).... but I'm just thinking out loud of possible ways it is not going to work well or cause more problems. I do like that things like this are first being tested on the PTS before put into live and as long as feedback players give is heard and fixes made then that is great.

The main problems with battery mode are batteries falling through the floor, batteries being placed in spawn rather than in the charger where invincible players can protect them, enemy stealing batteries and throwing the batteries out of the game rather than trying to take them to there own base, Maps like Mamayev Kurgan favouring one side over the other, (is spawn protected players being able to run to the battery charger fixed now since spawn protection was reduced?)

As far as I can see none of the changes will fix these problems, sure the battery that falls through the floor can now respawn but the best fix is for it not to happen at all as it can still lose you a match if you kill a guy that just took a battery out of your charger and it falls though the floor and then respawns back in the middle of the map where it is much easier for the enemy get it to there own base.

I also didn't really have a problem with batteries being on the floor around the map....sometimes had good long fights over a battery out in the open that both teams know are there and are battling for....kinda a shame if they just respawn after a minute or 2...but we will have to see how that works out.

joewillburn:

Who says this cannot still be achieved? The batteries have "health" and one just needs to be careful not to damage it too much.

P.S. It's nice to see you back man :)

- When a battery falls it also receives damage depending on the fall height.

Can you clarify those 2 points as it seems to be saying different things as to if they immediately explode or just take some damage from falling.

Thanks, wouldn't say I'm back to playing yet as still waiting for other changes (like to bots) but I'm still lurking the forums a bit and keeping my eye on the news :)
Last edited by Leki on 01.02.2017, 21:37, edited 2 times in total.

Leki
Supertester

01.02.2017, 21:50

Very important things:

1. It should take longer for it to decay naturally

2. Instead, it will be sensitive to fall damage.

3. Batteries get 1 minute invulnerability after removing them from a charger, to prevent cowardly tactics of grabbing a high DPS weapon and just quickly ridding the opponements of their batteries

4. this invulnerability does NOT apply to fall damage.
Last edited by colers25 on 01.02.2017, 21:51, edited 1 time in total.
colers25

01.02.2017, 22:08

Leki:- When a battery falls it also receives damage depending on the fall height.

I think the first one means falling within the map, for example on Chemical Plant. The second one is about falling off the map.

And well... If the second part is true, I don't see the need for the other changes. As said already, it might bring in a "tactic" which is destroying the battery in enemy base, instead of stealing it etc. Sounds pretty bad to me, but who knows.

Tsjuder

01.02.2017, 23:41

Leki:So the new tactic will be place C4 at enemy battery charger...empty as many batteries as possible and then detonate them.....then collect batteries after they respawn or just do it at the end of the game so you win. Also encourages throwing batteries out of the game when stealing so that they respawn.

My first thoughts when i read about the changes were identical
Kube

02.02.2017, 07:25

Leki wrote:batteries being placed in spawn rather than in the charger

This no longer happens. Players have all but completely stopped hiding them as they are visible by everyone on the map. I've not seen an attempt to hide a battery since the day after the 10 second timer was introduced.

Leki wrote:- Batteries immediately explode when falling down from a location.

I would interpret that as when falling through the map but I will clarify.

colers25 wrote:3. Batteries get 1 minute invulnerability after removing them from a charger, to prevent cowardly tactics of grabbing a high DPS weapon and just quickly ridding the opponements of their batteries

I'll pass on that idea.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

02.02.2017, 08:17

Joe
I have seen hiding tactics after 10 seconds patch.
For example, enemies were hiding batteries close to spawn in Vector Lab. There was no option to get them because of spawning shielded enemies.
Second thing is that on some maps there were obvious places where we could look for hidden batteries. They could be found easily without help.
Tanatloc

02.02.2017, 08:42

Tanatloc wrote:For example, enemies were hiding batteries close to spawn in Vector Lab. There was no option to get them because of spawning shielded enemies.

Lost batteries gradually lose "health". It loses 100% in 45 seconds. So hiding them servers no purpose. Players will learn that. As they did with the 10 seconds timer.

Anyway as I mentioned, we'll be studying the data from the tests of these modes and should the designers feel adjustments are warranted they will implement them. Let's not judge the changes yet. A few hours of PTS play is certainly not enough for us or players to gauge a proper understanding of the modes.
Last edited by joewillburn on 02.02.2017, 08:46, edited 1 time in total.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

02.02.2017, 10:58

DIdn't get silver/gold/spare parts that i normally get on the PTS
colers25

02.02.2017, 11:08

My findings are that the health of the batteries is currently pretty good. Magdumping a SCAR (or one and a half ASh) twice was the requirement to make it blow up. C4, also, didn't even come close to detonating it.

There is only one issue. A single issue, but a glaring one: .50 cal snipers. Though the AVSK isn't that bad with 3 shots, and the VSSK mysteriously needing 10 shots (Is it bound to impact instead of damage), the Barrett (I assume, for some reason we didn't get the customary gold and silver) can pretty much shred these things in no time. I suggest putting a upper limit on the possible damage per shot.

EDIT: GIven that the Vepr requires 10-11 shots to destroy a bat with buckshot, i think the Jackhammer might be an issue too

EDIT: Akay the AVSK seemed to be an anomaly that i cannot reproduce, but the jackhammer has a major issue. You see, the batteries seem to have somewhere between 1500 to 1600 health with 0 armor. I think ideally they should make it 1000 health with 100 armor because the jackhammer is currently ridiculous. You can destroy a battery in 2 seconds with it, compared to all other weaponry which require generally 2 magdumps, meaning an average of 5 seconds worth of firing time with another 2.5 worth of reloads.
Last edited by colers25 on 02.02.2017, 15:10, edited 8 times in total.
colers25

02.02.2017, 12:34

Survarium DevTeam:- Upon reaching 0% battery explodes and deals damage to everything around it: characters, devices, other batteries.

BOOOOOM! I need to see this in a match put it sounds pretty funny in mi head hahaha Good idea!

Now it seems that is going to be more profitable destroying enemy batteries rather than stealing them, right?
Last edited by R0M41D3N on 02.02.2017, 12:35, edited 1 time in total.
R0M41D3N
Explorer

02.02.2017, 15:12

R0M41D3N:

BOOOOOM! I need to see this in a match put it sounds pretty funny in mi head hahaha Good idea!

Now it seems that is going to be more profitable destroying enemy batteries rather than stealing them, right?

Batteries have about 1500 health.

TO put it in perspective, you need to empty 2.5 scar magazines back to back to blow this thing up. C4 is nearly useless against it. the only exploitable weapon is the Jackhammer allowing you to destroy it in a single mag-dump, and the Saiga in 2 fast mag dumps.
Last edited by colers25 on 02.02.2017, 15:51, edited 1 time in total.
colers25

02.02.2017, 15:40

We have sat down with the developers to get you some much needed answers regarding the game mode changes. Read responses below!

Q: Will the battery explode in my hands if I pick it close close to the 45 second time limit?

Answer: No.

Q: Will exploded batteries respawn in the charger they were found in?

Answer: No, it can appear in any of the charging locations.

Question: I intercept the enemy carrying a battery. I kill him, and then destroy the battery itself. Thus, there is no need to carry it. How would you comment on this situation?

Answer: It depends on the situation in the game, if your team wins, this tactic makes sense. However, keep in mind that the enemy has time to stop you, because the battery is not destroyed by a couple of shots. If you lose or have a draw, then it makes sense to bring the battery to the base.

Question: I can kill the enemy with a sniper rifle, and then destroy the battery. As a result, about 2-3 minutes of intense enemy team game go down the drain. Do you think?

Answer: To destroy a battery, takes some time. The enemy can throw smoke and use covering fire, or even take it. To select the optimal parameters of "health" for the battery and the time of its "life" we are testing on the PTS to determine this.

Question: It turns out that players will not be able to drop the battery from the second floor of a location. As it is destroyed when dropping from a height?

Answer: The battery cannot be destroyed by dropping it from a low height.

Question: Do you think that now the match will go to the first team that collects a battery?

Answer: No, we do not. As before, nothing prevents an opponent from stealing the battery from your base.

Question: Why does the news about the 0.45c update on the PTS not mention the additional slot for a pistol?

Answer: We are finalizing this. It will be added to the PTS later.

Question: Do you plan to return a stolen battery to the base, if the enemy was not able to successfully steal and deliver it to their base?

Answer: No, this is not planned.

Q: How large is the radius of an exploding battery?

Answer: We do not plan to have a very large radius of damage. We can answer this more precisely after the test on the public server.

Question: Would it be possible to destroy the battery in the charger?

Question: Do you plan to make the vision of the player carrying the artifact in "Artifact Hunt," distorted? For example, like the anomaly on "Tarakanovskiy Fort"?

Answer: Thank you for the idea! We'll discuss this with the team!

Question: Is battery health restored if the player retrieves it and places it back into the device?

Answer: Yes, the "health" of the battery is restored.

Question: Do you plan to do something about the situation whereby a player throws the battery outside of the location?

Answer: Yes, we are working on this. The "Window" on "London" has been corrected. This fix will be available in the next update. We will continue to work and correct other errors.

Question: Do you not think that the batteries should have more than 45 seconds as their time limit?

A: This is why we are testing on the PTS. We ask players to leave their impression on the game forum and social networks. The final decision will be made after the PTS. Taking into account players' input.

Question: Will the battery explode in the hands of the carrier if he should come under fire?

Answer: No, it will not.

Question: Would it be possible to attach C4 to the battery?

Answer: No, this cannot be done.

Q: Will there be accumulated penalty points for the player who destroys the battery?

Answer: At the moment there is no such plan.

Q: If I shoot the battery, and it explodes close to the enemy, does that count towards me killing the enemy?

Answer: No, the enemy "committed suicide"

Q: Can you add a visual icon displaying the battery's health?

Answer: Thank you for the idea! We'll discuss within the team.

Q: Will I be able to destroy the battery with C4 explosive?

Question: There is a slight crackling, but the sound is too soft before the explosion of the battery. Are you planning to increase the volume?

Answer: Thank you for your feedback! We'll consider your proposal and make a final decision after the testing of the PTS.

Q: Do I get points, in the event that I brought the artifact to the base, and I was killed right in front of the container and in the end instead of me but an ally delivers it?

Answer: Yes, all of the players who helped bring the artifact to the container will receive points + the one who put it in the container.

This is all! Thank you for your interest in Survarium!
joewillburn
Vostok Games

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to News