I’m happy to inform that very soon we will start sending out the invites to take part in the Alpha testing. As we mentioned before, the first wave will contain about one thousand invites (including the contest winners). Our goal at the early Alpha test stage is to achieve no less than 200 players on servers throughout the day and night. We understand that not all the invites sent will reach the players, so we will continue sending out the invites until we’ve reached the desired number of players. As the testing progresses we will increase the number of concurrent players on server and invite new participants.
Now let’s talk in detail about what’s included in the Alpha version. At the current stage the game includes the team-based PvP combat mode only. That said, even this mode is, de facto, the primitive version of itself which will have new features added in future. Our task right now is to make sure the key game components (movement, shooting, synchronizing) work as expected. For the Alpha Test participants a dedicated forum section will be open, where they can exchange their feedback on the game, as well as report bugs. In that very section the list of known problems and list of changes to the game will be posted.
WHAT DOES THE CURRENT GAME VERSION CONTAIN?
- The team-based PVP mode. Soon we will shoot a tutorial video to describe the key features of this mode.
- The current game version has only two factions in: Scavengers and Black Market.
- Radar in-game location. (Vostok Radar Station)
- 11 various weapons.
- Three sets of equipment per Scavengers and Black Market.
- Zone-based damage system.
- The draft version of user interface is included. We plan to modify and improve it in future.
WHAT IS NOT PART OF THE CURRENT GAME VERSION?
- The co-operative playthrough and freeplay game modes.
- The current game version has the mechanism of faction tasks accomplishing and reputation development with the factions switched off. All the items of Scavengers and Black Market are available to buy from the very beginning.
- Mechanism of perks is switched off. Passive skills work, but not in full scope.
- Damage of anomalies and artifact search mechanism are switched off.
- In the current game version the close combat mechanism is not yet implemented.
OTHER VERSION LIMITATIONS:
- Experience gaining is increased.
- The mechanism of obtaining experience and money for battles has been simplified. Currently the players should not experience a lack of money and ammo.
- The match-making system does not take into account the effectiveness of player’s actions. This was done intentionally to increase the speed of match-making under low number of players.
- The .exe file does not contain digital signature. The Operating System will warn users about it.
Ruslan “Stohe” Didenko
Survarium Project Lead
Last edited by joewillburn
on 21.12.2013, 05:49, edited 2 times in total.