Your questions for the Developers

A section dedicated to developer Q&As.

18.04.2013, 03:20

How close is this going to be with STALKER? Are you putting any references to the game in this one? Are we going to have periodic "Emissions" where we have to hide? Are the nights going to be as scary and unpredictable? Are we going to have night vision and NPC vs NPC random fights?

These are some of the things that really turned me on about the STALKER series. Especially the unpredictability and the "Emissions", where the siren sounds and we have a certain amount of time to hide. Then when it hits the ground shakes and lights dim and when its over we have new monsters and zombies of the people who died in the emissions to deal with. I loved that and I really want to see it in this game. What interests me most about MMOs in the PvE not the PvP. I love scary, dark, post apocalyptic games and the atmosphere of the STALKER (And METRO) series. Is this game anything like that?
Ark Solomon

18.04.2013, 03:33

arkain7th:How close is this going to be with STALKER? Are you putting any references to the game in this one? Are we going to have periodic "Emissions" where we have to hide? Are the nights going to be as scary and unpredictable? Are we going to have night vision and NPC vs NPC random fights?

These are some of the things that really turned me on about the STALKER series. Especially the unpredictability and the "Emissions", where the siren sounds and we have a certain amount of time to hide. Then when it hits the ground shakes and lights dim and when its over we have new monsters and zombies of the people who died in the emissions to deal with. I loved that and I really want to see it in this game. What interests me most about MMOs in the PvE not the PvP. I love scary, dark, post apocalyptic games and the atmosphere of the STALKER (And METRO) series. Is this game anything like that?

If you watch, i think it was the bonus dev diary, they talk about the team play game mode having a capture the flag like mode, where it's a device that will protect a team's faction from an environmental hazard. No idea if that'de be an emmision or a tornado or something but you should check that video out and you may find your answer. They've also claimed several times they are not making Survarium just an online STALKER and are making a new experience.
Lucidius134

18.04.2013, 03:41

I know they are making it a new experience but I am praying they add those small elements from STALKER that had a big impact on people. Stuff like Emissions and Random Scary Monsters is what I really liked about it. Heck, I would love it if they added more then Emissions. Like random tornados, earthquakes, or thunderstorms.
Ark Solomon

18.04.2013, 05:02

My question from page one wasn't answered, despite the fact that I'm pretty sure it wasn't in the FAQ and it seems like a legitimate question. Plus many others were answered after mine. This system of asking questions does seem kind of inefficient, a lot of questions seemed to be missed.

Just my two cents.
Aralvar

18.04.2013, 05:15

Aralvar:My question from page one wasn't answered, despite the fact that I'm pretty sure it wasn't in the FAQ and it seems like a legitimate question. Plus many others were answered after mine. This system of asking questions does seem kind of inefficient, a lot of questions seemed to be missed.

Just my two cents.

He can only answer what he knows and forward stuff he doesn't know to the devs to answer later.
Lucidius134

18.04.2013, 07:01

Will game contain unique, rare or experimental items(weapons, armors)?
pRopaaNS

18.04.2013, 07:02

pRopaaNS:Will game contain unique, rare or experimental items(weapons, armors)?

Vostok Games FAQ:Q: Will the in-game weapons be based on the existing prototypes or fictional ones?
A: The main focus will be on the real prototypes.

http://vostokgames.com/en/news/survarium-answers-your-most-frequent-questions#q11

Nexolate
Legend
Alpha squad

18.04.2013, 07:09

atomsurvivor:so my last question to the developer since im gonna be leaving and not play the game at all becasue of the war outside in the realworld

atomsurvivor:And lastly how is everything going on in russia and SA i like to know so i can go when there is a war in ASia

atomsurvivor:and your forum got alot of troller too you know it not healthy

Ok, you have to stop trolling, seriously, do you even know what you are talking about? Besides, Vostok Games is located in Ukraine, not in Russia.
"and your forum got alot of troller too you know it not healthy" You are the one trolling on this forum and spamming the forum all day long, but I'm glad you are going to leave, BYE.
str0lek

18.04.2013, 07:15

Nexolate:Will game contain unique, rare or experimental items(weapons, armors)?
Q: Will the in-game weapons be based on the existing prototypes or fictional ones?
A: The main focus will be on the real prototypes.
http://vostokgames.com/en/news/survarium-answers-your-most-frequent-questions#q11

Sorry, but that's not answer to my question.
Last edited by pRopaaNS on 18.04.2013, 07:17, edited 1 time in total.
pRopaaNS

18.04.2013, 07:37

pRopaaNS:Sorry, but that's not answer to my question.

Then I don't understand what you're asking.

Obviously there's going to be rare/unique weapons, a game would get very boring if all the armour and weapons were common things you see in every game. They've already got an RPD, which hasn't been in that many games of late as far as I know, and I'm sure there's more to come.

Nexolate
Legend
Alpha squad

18.04.2013, 07:45

Nexolate:Sorry, but that's not answer to my question.
Then I don't understand what you're asking.

Obviously there's going to be rare/unique weapons, a game would get very boring if all the armour and weapons were common things you see in every game. They've already got an RPD, which hasn't been in that many games of late as far as I know, and I'm sure there's more to come.

Ok, then let me rephrase this question... I guess I iwill skip "unique" then.

Will game contain rare items unattainable through normal means?
What kind of experimental items we can expect to see in game? (fictional items)
pRopaaNS

18.04.2013, 16:24

It looks like there is a lot emphasis on group and clan gameplay so here's my question:

- Will you be able to form very close relations individualy with factions like your clan would (you stated that clans will be able to form alliances with factions)?

- Is it possible to do or complete story missions completly by yourself or is that strictly co-op?

- Will there be integrated VOIP in Survarium?

Thank you!
Last edited by z3a1ot on 18.04.2013, 16:25, edited 2 times in total.
z3a1ot

18.04.2013, 16:35

z3a1ot:It looks like there is a lot emphasis on group and clan gameplay so here's my question:

- Will you be able to form very close relations individualy with factions like your clan would (you stated that clans will be able to form alliances with factions)?

- Is it possible to do or complete story missions completly by yourself or is that strictly co-op?

- Will there be integrated VOIP in Survarium?

Thank you!

To answer your first question: The relationships between a clan and the factions are built accordingly. The more tasks accomplished by the clan players, the better the terms between the clan and the faction; in high levels of relations the clan leader can strike up a union, so from that moment on the clan is going to be a representative of the faction in the game.

The answer to your second question is: The story of Survarium will be fed to the player in a multiple of ways. Collecting data from used computers, doing research, reading logs etc. There will be missions where players must split up in order to complete a task. So, in some cases, you will be VERY alone. Freeplay mode you are alone and have one life. If you choose to ally with another player, you may last longer, but if you wish to remain solo, you can. However, the focus of the game is in Multiplayer.

As for the VOIP. We are still considering it.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

19.04.2013, 18:57

It was mentioned in a video diary that players would take damage to the limbs, ie. a person who gets shot in the knee will limp. How is it planned to heal these injuries? Will it take time, special equipment, help from another player?

Corvid

19.04.2013, 21:00

Are you planning to bring some competitive gaming/E-Sports in Survarium?
IceFox
Survivor

20.04.2013, 01:50

Prone is a must if you can implement it!
Wolfhound

20.04.2013, 10:01

Are you planning to make developer diaries more often after Alpha test? Since right now its like 1 Developer Diary every 3 months.
IceFox
Survivor

20.04.2013, 16:25

pvp mode of survarium will be limited by a map or played in an open world where tournments take place at some point??
Tyrr
Survivor

20.04.2013, 17:00

Is the scavengers Camp or the Black Market an own location or will they be part of the open world maps
MaximumRisk98

21.04.2013, 07:25

IceFox:Are you planning to make developer diaries more often after Alpha test? Since right now its like 1 Developer Diary every 3 months.

We do the diaries as often as we can. It does take a lot of work.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to Developer Answers and Feedback