Your questions for the Developers

A section dedicated to developer Q&As.

17.04.2013, 01:32

Gamepad support??
letter

17.04.2013, 02:56

-How deadly would combat be with heavy gear mid or lightweight gear? Like for heavy gear would I need 5 rounds+ to take some one down where I would need 1-2 with lightweight gear?

-Can I carry in game drugs or medical stuff to use on others? I saw somewhere that you could but I can't find it.

Tsukamoto

17.04.2013, 06:47

Geras:
The devs have said there is no point having things like hunger for a session only lasting 15 mins to an hour. Food may serve another purpose though.

Oh, I didn't realize that a Freeplay session is going to last only for an hour or so. I haven't read that anywhere. If that's so, well, pity. I thought that the Freeplay maps are going to be so big that it would be a matter of a few days to explore them thoroughly.

So all of the gameplay modes are going to share the same maps?

Freeplay maps will be massive! How long you survive will totally depend on you and you alone. Only the PvP mode has short instanced games. When referring to "No point having hunger in 15-20 minute game sessions" that was specifically referring to the PvP Team mode. The other two modes, will indeed have food/hunger/thirst etc
Last edited by joewillburn on 17.04.2013, 06:48, edited 1 time in total.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

17.04.2013, 06:58

Joe Mullin:Freeplay maps will be massive! How long you survive will totally depend on you and you alone. Only the PvP mode has short instanced games. When referring to "No point having hunger in 15-20 minute game sessions" that was specifically referring to the PvP Team mode. The other two modes, will indeed have food/hunger/thirst etc

Q: Does this mean that the maps for Freeplay and other modes are different?

:-

You'll have to forgive me then Joe. All the information I've personally seen for hunger so far has said no and not mentioned any modes specifically. See this article for one such example (search "hunger"):

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/01/11/survarium-interview-the-devs-talk-about-stalkers-spiritual-mmo-sequel/

EDIT: Ah, I see, this article is a little bit more clear. It specifically says "in the shorter session-based modes". Once again, my apologies Joe.

http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/survarium-what-the-stalker-devs-did-next-an-online-survival-mmofps/
Last edited by Nexolate on 17.04.2013, 07:01, edited 4 times in total.

Nexolate
Legend
Alpha squad

17.04.2013, 07:52

Nomad:Will there be a "monolith-like" faction in the game that is hostile to everyone??

I hope there is, the Monoliths in STALKER were sometimes pain in the ass.
str0lek

17.04.2013, 07:54

Tsukamoto:-Can I carry in game drugs or medical stuff to use on others? I saw somewhere that you could but I can't find it.

Yes, you can play the medic role. Check out the info about the various classes on the website.
str0lek

17.04.2013, 09:18

VagueReach:share ideas more than any other development studio
That's not true. Overkill Software has the same community ethos.

Anyway, I have a question for the developers.

Will you be incorporating a mêlée system which allows for directional blocking (as many mutants will be engaging at close range, but at different heights)?

How about you stop trying to sneak in backhanded, snide comebacks whilst showcasing your bloated sense of entitlement to us all?

Overkill has never released a free-to-play MMO, which means that everyone who wanted to see their "suggestions" implemented into their games had to pay to receive them. Vostok has been gracious enough to bequeath them to us free of charge, and instead of appreciating the tremendous service a studio with the caliber of Vostok has been granting us, you act like you somehow deserve to have your opinions deemed noteworthy. Kindly let go of your childish impulse to appear "right" all the time, and the community will benefit much from it.

Anyhow, Hi Joe!

Assuming the window for asking you questions has not yet expired, I was wondering if there were going to be any neutral-alliance threats present in the PvP portion of the game. For example, to have an intense subterranean shootout between you and an opponent broken up by a frothing, mutated cave bear would be a tremendous sight indeed. I have always found faction-external threats to be the most satisfying additions to any multiplayer combat game, and considering the "Nature's wrath" atmosphere of Survarium I was hoping my expectations would not be considered too far off the mark...
Last edited by Corpsefoot on 17.04.2013, 09:19, edited 1 time in total.

Corpsefoot

17.04.2013, 09:22

Deadface:share ideas more than any other development studio
That's not true. Overkill Software has the same community ethos.

Anyway, I have a question for the developers.

Will you be incorporating a mêlée system which allows for directional blocking (as many mutants will be engaging at close range, but at different heights)?

How about you stop trying to sneak in backhanded, snide comebacks whilst showcasing your bloated sense of entitlement to us all?

Overkill has never released a free-to-play MMO, which means that everyone who wanted to see their "suggestions" implemented into their games had to pay to receive them. Vostok has been gracious enough to bequeath them to us free of charge, and instead of appreciating the tremendous service a studio with the caliber of Vostok has been granting us, you act like you somehow deserve to have your opinions deemed noteworthy. Kindly let go of your childish impulse to appear "right" all the time, and the community will benefit much from it.

Anyhow, Hi Joe!

Assuming the window for asking you questions has not yet expired, I was wondering if there were going to be any neutral-alliance threats present in the PvP portion of the game. For example, to have an intense subterranean shootout between you and an opponent broken up by a frothing, mutated cave bear would be a tremendous sight indeed. I have always found faction-external threats to be the most satisfying additions to any multiplayer combat game, and considering the "Nature's wrath" atmosphere of Survarium I was hoping my expectations would not be considered too far off the mark...

I'll forward this question. :)
joewillburn
Vostok Games

17.04.2013, 12:19

I understand everyone's reaction my questions and wish to apologise to those who felt that they were underhand and aimed below the belt. It was not my conscious intention to undermine Vostok Games, I simply communicated my ideas incorrectly and in a crude manner.

I have another question.

Do you plan on developing story-line twists to the game world that occur if a certain number of people accomplish an objective?
Last edited by Vague Reach on 17.04.2013, 12:20, edited 1 time in total.
Vague Reach

17.04.2013, 12:22

VagueReach:Do you plan on developing story-line twists to the game world that occur if a certain number of people accomplish an objective?

Yes.

http://vostokgames.com/en/news/survarium-answers-your-most-frequent-questions#q72

Nexolate
Legend
Alpha squad

17.04.2013, 12:34

Do you plan to have weapons outside Russian/Ukranian arsenal and what is the rough number of weapons you plan to have in game?
z3a1ot

17.04.2013, 12:50

Who is the player enemy in this game? the oponents... we will have some mutants, bandits...???
Last edited by Keine Lust on 17.04.2013, 12:50, edited 1 time in total.
Keine Lust
Survivor

17.04.2013, 12:51

z3a1ot:Do you plan to have weapons outside Russian/Ukranian arsenal and what is the rough number of weapons you plan to have in game?

I'm pretty sure they will add foreign weapons. About the quantity, it's hard to say, they can create up to 100 or even more weapons. It's a free2play business, so they can update the game a lot more, compared to games like BF or CoD.
str0lek

17.04.2013, 13:08

[SoC]Duty:Do you plan to have weapons outside Russian/Ukranian arsenal and what is the rough number of weapons you plan to have in game?
I'm pretty sure they will add foreign weapons. About the quantity, it's hard to say, they can create up to 100 or even more weapons. It's a free2play business, so they can update the game a lot more, compared to games like BF or CoD.

Let's keep the responces FAQ/Confirmed info only and leave out speculation.

It's been confirmed that it's a global conflict, affecting north america and asia. We can assume we'll have different locations and be able to encounter different weapons from those locations.
Lucidius134

17.04.2013, 13:09

lampenfieber:Who is the player enemy in this game? the oponents... we will have some mutants, bandits...???

In short, everything and everyone!
joewillburn
Vostok Games

17.04.2013, 13:12

Nexolate:Q: Does this mean that the maps for Freeplay and other modes are different?

Joe Mullin:PvP (Teamplay) will be smaller maps as it would be pointless to have 2 teams trying to locate one another over vast distances. The other modes, co-op and Freeplay will be a huge maps.

Just reposting a response that Joe put in another thread, for those curious.

Nexolate
Legend
Alpha squad

17.04.2013, 18:29

lampenfieber:The gonna have some kind of transport? this will help to explore the map and when we die, help to come back fast...

They have to man, they simply have to
Hpnot1Q

17.04.2013, 19:29

In Teamplay, will there be items in the environment that we can interact with aside from Artifacts and the device components? If so, can you give some examples?

EDIT: Also, got any answers for that bunch of questions I asked a few pages back?
Last edited by Nexolate on 17.04.2013, 21:18, edited 2 times in total.

Nexolate
Legend
Alpha squad

17.04.2013, 21:19

Hpnot1Q:The gonna have some kind of transport? this will help to explore the map and when we die, help to come back fast...

It is not in our plans to implement such a feature.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

17.04.2013, 21:54

Joe Mullin:The gonna have some kind of transport? this will help to explore the map and when we die, help to come back fast...

It is not in our plans to implement such a feature.

Hmm, which ether means the map can never be that big or, we all are have to going to stretch our legs for some time...
Hpnot1Q

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to Developer Answers and Feedback