Locations/Regions you'd like to see in survarium?

Do you have an idea that could improve Survarium? Let us know here.

29.05.2013, 17:02

joewillburn:BurezuWolf:joewillburn:People begging for originality yet want nothing but a Stalker clone O_o
now im getting confused ._.

I mean, people are saying, new locations, do something new and yet at the same time go on and on about Pripyat and Stalker just wanting Survarium to be a copy of it.

What if game mechanics stays similar and just the anomalies, factions, story and landscape changes?
Grephen

29.05.2013, 17:12

Rat:joewillburn:BurezuWolf:joewillburn:People begging for originality yet want nothing but a Stalker clone O_o

I mean, people are saying, new locations, do something new and yet at the same time go on and on about Pripyat and Stalker just wanting Survarium to be a copy of it.

What if game mechanics stays similar and just the anomalies, factions, story and landscape changes?

what if its a whole new game?

isnt it better that way?

a whole pile of innovation ? a whole new adventure ?
BurezuWolf

29.05.2013, 17:14

BurezuWolf:Rat:joewillburn:BurezuWolf:joewillburn:People begging for originality yet want nothing but a Stalker clone O_o

isnt it better that way?

I'm afraid you can't do that with the same engine
Grephen

29.05.2013, 17:17

Rat:BurezuWolf:Rat:joewillburn:BurezuWolf:joewillburn:People begging for originality yet want nothing but a Stalker clone O_o

isnt it better that way?

We're not using the same engine. Survarium is being built on the Vostok Engine
joewillburn
Vostok Games

29.05.2013, 18:32

joewillburn:Rat:BurezuWolf:Rat:joewillburn:BurezuWolf:joewillburn:People begging for originality yet want nothing but a Stalker clone O_o

isnt it better that way?

We're not using the same engine. Survarium is being built on the Vostok Engine

I should slap myself :D

Back to the topic :)
Last edited by Grephen on 29.05.2013, 19:20, edited 1 time in total.
Grephen

29.05.2013, 21:48

I'd love to see some sort of familiar locations we've seen in other games(And i dont just mean stalker). I'd love to see some environments we've all been in. for example if we go into middle eastern regions a map that looks like a natural disaster run over de_dust2... just imagine how cool that would be? or a far cry 1-like island environment with easter egg references? or city 17? or something of that sort... i understand there may be copyright issues or whatnot but it could be such a great concept......
beaverman3000

30.05.2013, 07:21

I would like to see something in Australia for once, I feel that my country is never really represented well in games if at all.
But as for this game maybe suburban Moscow?
Last edited by listerb on 30.05.2013, 07:34, edited 2 times in total.
listerb

30.05.2013, 11:14

I'd like to play in a rich variety of environments. Most of them mentioned before:

North pole (you should make fireplaces not to freeze to death)
tropic jungle (with mutated snakes and spiders?)
the ruins of great cities like Berlin, London or Tokio
an oil platform

My personal favourites are:
an underwater station
a museum, frightingly living...
meow_thekitteh

30.05.2013, 16:01

listerb:I would like to see something in Australia for once, I feel that my country is never really represented well in games if at all.

Australia, hell yes!

Also, off topic ... how hard it is to get permanent living in Australia? :)
Grephen

30.05.2013, 17:21

Rat:listerb:I would like to see something in Australia for once, I feel that my country is never really represented well in games if at all.

Australia, hell yes!

Australia?! Are you guys nuts?! That continent had enough bloodthirsty abominations that could easily kill a man even BEFORE the green apocalypse. Overkill i'd say. xD

It could be a ground for "Epic-level difficulty missions", or something like that.
BlaineCraner

30.05.2013, 17:28

BlaineCraner:Rat:listerb:I would like to see something in Australia for once, I feel that my country is never really represented well in games if at all.

Australia, hell yes!

Australia?! Are you guys nuts?! That continent had enough bloodthirsty abominations that could easily kill a man even BEFORE the green apocalypse. Overkill i'd say. xD

It could be a ground for "Epic-level difficulty missions", or something like that.

I DON'T CARE I WANT AN OUTBACK
Grephen

30.05.2013, 18:39

BlaineCraner:Rat:listerb:I would like to see something in Australia for once, I feel that my country is never really represented well in games if at all.

Australia, hell yes!

Hm, if I think of a green hell, my first thought would surely go to the amazonas and its surrounding forest... i mean, its the biggest, thickest and to me by all means scariest forests ever... I think that would be even more of a "omg, dont go there, you get killed instantly area"
Enderr

30.05.2013, 18:49

Enderr:BlaineCraner:Rat:listerb:I would like to see something in Australia for once, I feel that my country is never really represented well in games if at all.

Australia, hell yes!

Hm, if I think of a green hell, my first thought would surely go to the amazonas and its surrounding forest... i mean, its the biggest, thickest and to me by all means scariest forests ever... I think that would be even more of a "omg, dont go there, you get killed instantly area"

Sounds like a slaughterhouse
Grephen

30.05.2013, 18:50

Enderr:Hm, if I think of a green hell, my first thought would surely go to the amazonas and its surrounding forest... i mean, its the biggest, thickest and to me by all means scariest forests ever... I think that would be even more of a "omg, dont go there, you get killed instantly area"

What about Sahara? D:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj7R_2WW ... tu.be&t=8s

Actually, that might’ve been awesome.
BlaineCraner

30.05.2013, 18:53

BlaineCraner:Enderr:Hm, if I think of a green hell, my first thought would surely go to the amazonas and its surrounding forest... i mean, its the biggest, thickest and to me by all means scariest forests ever... I think that would be even more of a "omg, dont go there, you get killed instantly area"

What about Sahara? D:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj7R_2WW ... tu.be&t=8s

Actually, that might’ve been awesome.

devs said Renaissance moved to desert area in central Asia to avoid forests, so ... ;D

What i'd LOVE to see is a deep-snowy area, somewhere near mountains :)
Grephen

31.05.2013, 03:47

I Like a idea of a major city that was overrun by the green apocalypse,perhaps a city in Ukraine like Kiev or Kharkiv,Lviv,etc
naquename127

31.05.2013, 08:03

Rat:devs said Renaissance moved to desert area in central Asia to avoid forests, so ... ;D

What i'd LOVE to see is a deep-snowy area, somewhere near mountains :)

Intresting.
Jäeger
Veteran

31.05.2013, 20:57

A colleague of mine shared this with me today and I instantly thought of Survarium. I hope others find this gallery as awe-inspiring as I did.

http://imgur.com/a/D9iDC

Nexolate
Legend
Alpha squad

31.05.2013, 22:23

:DDD pripyat :DDD
amazing pics all over and over... nice!
Enderr

31.05.2013, 22:59

Nexolate:A colleague of mine shared this with me today and I instantly thought of Survarium. I hope others find this gallery as awe-inspiring as I did.

http://imgur.com/a/D9iDC

Wow, those locations are just excellent! ^^

The downside now is that it will be hard to come up with something new here that will beat those locations. Hmmm... 8/
BlaineCraner

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to Ideas and Proposals