Locations/Regions you'd like to see in survarium?

Do you have an idea that could improve Survarium? Let us know here.

27.05.2013, 06:48

Rat:aru_azif:a town with a big hospital.
Why hospital? Wanna visit the morgue?

actually ,.. YES! would be fun to visit there with a partner or two :D
BurezuWolf

27.05.2013, 21:29

How about a really simpel location twisted and turned by nature.

Like a mall that's turned into a jungle area (talking a huge mall here) where the outer area is alterd but the inside is changed in a whole new world. going from outside to inside should give you this feeling of wow did i step through a portal to another continent or world.
aru_azif

27.05.2013, 21:36

Or a series of skyscrapers connected with giant rots. That way we would have a location with a more vertical feel. The anomalies wouldn't be the only hazard. One bad step when walking on a root hanging 100 meters above the ground and...
SPLAT! One Survivor less.
BlaineCraner

28.05.2013, 01:58

What about an abandoned Dam? i always though that those places are just like nuclear plants or labs too, it would be amazing with ultra graphics too
Capp_Price

28.05.2013, 17:44

Maastricht. Is an small city in the south of The Netherlands. You remember the Maastricht Treaty? ^^
R0M41D3N
Explorer

28.05.2013, 18:39

BlaineCraner:Damn, you people really are not the descriptive bunch. How about putting a little creativity to your ideas instead of just throwing a word or two?

Like, take this for an idea.

The location would be divided into four parts.

The first one would be a big slaughterhouse – and I mean BIG. A place where 40 000 animals were butchered each day. The player would see some really creepy imagery, like fossilized/rotten/twisted by anomalies pig and cow carcasses hanging from old, rusted hooks. Piles of old bones. And one place with a machine-turned-anomaly with a lot of knives, sharp edges and moving gears. You would watch out not to get “slaughtered” by it while looking for artifacts in that place.

Another part would be a little farther away. It would be a Tanning facility, where all the cow hides from the slaughterhouse would come here. It would be a toxic place, full of vats of tanning fluid made corrosive because of some anomaly – that looks like huge, beige membranes with veins stretching from wall to wall dripping some weird sludge.

Between the two would be a forest, something like the “Red Forest” from Stalker: Clear Sky mixed with the Oakpine Anomaly in Stalker CoP.

And underneath a cave system created by anomalies, mutants and tunneled through by toxic sludge spewing from the tanning vats.

You like meat don't you? :D
Grephen

28.05.2013, 18:47

Rat:

You like meat don't you? :D

Stay on topic please
joewillburn
Vostok Games

28.05.2013, 18:57

Capp_Price:What about an abandoned Dam? i always though that those places are just like nuclear plants or labs too, it would be amazing with ultra graphics too

the water could be heavily polluted,.. or,.. hmm

dried up? from a strange anomaly :3 ?
BurezuWolf

28.05.2013, 19:02

BurezuWolf:Capp_Price:What about an abandoned Dam? i always though that those places are just like nuclear plants or labs too, it would be amazing with ultra graphics too
the water could be heavily polluted,.. or,.. hmm

dried up? from a strange anomaly :3 ?

wrote a new artifact idea about this :) (check artifact ideas thread)
BurezuWolf

28.05.2013, 19:05

Rat:You like meat don't you? :D

Actually... no, not really. Some time ago I saw a video clip of the things animals can go through in a slaughterhouse. Brings you nightmares, man. Now I can’t even eat a hamburger without feeling sick.

So, when I made slaughterhouse+anomaly this idea popped out.

Back on topic:

Another idea.

How about a big organic area that “imitates” a natural habitat for a human being – furniture, rooms and maybe even a TV? Something like a venus flytrap, but with the shape of a crumbling hotel. In there the air would be full of a relaxing gas that is also a strong muscle relaxant. Without a gas mask one can just fall a sleep there and later have his heart and lungs stop because of the muscle relaxant in the air.

Got the idea when I saw this
http://survarium.com/sites/default/file ... 0x1080.jpg
and this
http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-002
Last edited by BlaineCraner on 28.05.2013, 21:05, edited 1 time in total.
BlaineCraner

28.05.2013, 21:27

BlaineCraner:Rat:You like meat don't you? :D

Actually... no, not really. Some time ago I saw a video clip of the things animals can go through in a slaughterhouse. Brings you nightmares, man. Now I can’t even eat a hamburger without feeling sick.

So, when I made slaughterhouse+anomaly this idea popped out.

Back on topic:

Another idea.

How about a big organic area that “imitates” a natural habitat for a human being – furniture, rooms and maybe even a TV? Something like a venus flytrap, but with the shape of a crumbling hotel. In there the air would be full of a relaxing gas that is also a strong muscle relaxant. Without a gas mask one can just fall a sleep there and later have his heart and lungs stop because of the muscle relaxant in the air.

Got the idea when I saw this
http://survarium.com/sites/default/file ... 0x1080.jpg
and this
http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-002

Like the idea, thought it could just be an area, that would only be accesible with oxygen supply and gas mask, you run out- you fall asleep and die. Simple.

EDIT: Gave me an idea! ^^ How about a map that would only be composed of a major city flooded with deadly purple/red gas, that would make you fall asleep/slowly kill you?

Only safe zones where one could hide would be sewers and underground camps, thought the sewers would be full of people who remained in the city after it was evacuated due to the forests creeping in after the gaseous cloud killed off most of the population :) So the rest would be mutated, but still not immune to the gas, thought they would come after you in the underground.

Surface area would contain large buildings, restaurants, apartments, weak anomalies and no creatures, or NPCs. Just anomalies, forests, large ruined buildings and the cloud you could only survive in with an oxygen supply and gas mask - this would make you return underground with anything you can carry, or die.

More oxygen tanks could be scattered around the city to stay longer on surface.
Last edited by Grephen on 28.05.2013, 21:34, edited 1 time in total.
Grephen

28.05.2013, 21:56

Rat:Gave me an idea! ^^ How about a map that would only be composed of a major city flooded with deadly purple/red gas, that would make you fall asleep/slowly kill you?

Only safe zones where one could hide would be sewers and underground camps, thought the sewers would be full of people who remained in the city after it was evacuated due to the forests creeping in after the gaseous cloud killed off most of the population :) So the rest would be mutated, but still not immune to the gas, thought they would come after you in the underground.

Surface area would contain large buildings, restaurants, apartments, weak anomalies and no creatures, or NPCs. Just anomalies, forests, large ruined buildings and the cloud you could only survive in with an oxygen supply and gas mask - this would make you return underground with anything you can carry, or die.

Dude, suddenly I have a Fallout New Vegas flashback. In one of the dlc to Fallout NV there was a city similar to what you just described minus live people and camps.

I love the idea! ^^
The whole place would be dark and awfully quiet. Not even wind, just the sound of the player character breathing.

You could savage dust residue from the purple gas and then sell it as a poison or just use it by yourself.

And I would reconsider putting any living creatures in the city. Why make them “fauna” when they can be from “flora”? Mutated plants like some of the monsters from old Resident Evil games:
http://i.imgur.com/cdsEJVT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/vhCw046.jpg

Would fit into the green apocalypse theme.
BlaineCraner

28.05.2013, 22:16

BlaineCraner:Rat:Gave me an idea! ^^ How about a map that would only be composed of a major city flooded with deadly purple/red gas, that would make you fall asleep/slowly kill you?

Dude, suddenly I have a Fallout New Vegas flashback. In one of the dlc to Fallout NV there was a city similar to what you just described minus live people and camps.

I love the idea! ^^
The whole place would be dark and awfully quiet. Not even wind, just the sound of the player character breathing.

You could savage dust residue from the purple gas and then sell it as a poison or just use it by yourself.

And I would reconsider putting any living creatures in the city. Why make them “fauna” when they can be from “flora”? Mutated plants like some of the monsters from old Resident Evil games:
http://i.imgur.com/cdsEJVT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/vhCw046.jpg

Would fit into the green apocalypse theme.

Nah i didn't like the Dlc :)

I imagined it more like you can occasionaly hear strong wind blow, the cloud giving you really low visibility :)

Thought maybe there could be mutants inside ruined buildings! The jumpscary ones hehe :D

I actually liked my own idea so much i put it in my location >.< :D
Last edited by Grephen on 28.05.2013, 22:19, edited 1 time in total.
Grephen

29.05.2013, 07:53

Please just be original... None of this New York, London etc etc nonsense. Seen before.
brynje
Veteran

29.05.2013, 14:12

Hell i'm trying to be :)

But we need smething brand new, that's true
Grephen

29.05.2013, 14:57

People begging for originality yet want nothing but a Stalker clone O_o
joewillburn
Vostok Games

29.05.2013, 15:05

joewillburn:People begging for originality yet want nothing but a Stalker clone O_o

now im getting confused ._.
BurezuWolf

29.05.2013, 15:37

A Tunnel like the Pripyat Underground in COP,With mutants,anomalies and destroyed vehicles
naquename127

29.05.2013, 16:04

BurezuWolf:joewillburn:People begging for originality yet want nothing but a Stalker clone O_o

I mean, people are saying, new locations, do something new and yet at the same time go on and on about Pripyat and Stalker just wanting Survarium to be a copy of it.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

29.05.2013, 16:13

joewillburn:BurezuWolf:joewillburn:People begging for originality yet want nothing but a Stalker clone O_o

I mean, people are saying, new locations, do something new and yet at the same time go on and on about Pripyat and Stalker just wanting Survarium to be a copy of it.

oh ic :/
BurezuWolf

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to Ideas and Proposals