OBT Feedback - PvP

Do you have an idea that could improve Survarium? Let us know here.

07.02.2015, 08:26

StNick:

Together with that design of some of the spawns on some maps is not balanced.

Cannot agree with this. Being playing alot of games Battery mod is the most TEAM oriented thingie I see online since Battlefield 2. Most of the players who I saw till I play it are teammates who play for the team and for the goal to bring batteries.

TDM on every game in the last 10 years (and bit before that) is not TEAM oriented mod. Its place where loners play (public ones) and show how long are their...

The thing that is pain in the...for SURVARIUM Batery mod if you ask me are small little missions in thetop right corner.

-kill X enemyes and have kil streak of MUST HAVE NOT place in Battery mod.

When I ask someone why he did even not try to get battery wich is front of him, he replay that hunt some mission like this. How you want to have TEAM game, when give personal tasks to people who are different to the main goal!?

I know what I speak cause all kind of badges, stars and virtual "scrap metal" ruined the BF series. On the end noone cared about this do the team win or loose, but do he get his star...

[b]Rework missions. Make purly combat missions to be achieved in TDM matches and tasks connected to the teamplay of the battery mod to be for the battery mod. Make missions to appear to the current mod only. Make them not 24 hours stayng but generated random for every round, and its type to be for the current mod. If you get it ok - if not new task next round.[/b]...

+1

Accuracy missions are really distracting when I get a battery match while trying to level my faction. Going back to spawn with a sniper to keep my K\D or bullets fired\hit up feels like betrayal, even if I am covering our entire base.

Gergow44

07.02.2015, 22:39

1. Add a Stamina to the game, and if there already is one, FIX IT.
I Have seen people Olympic sprinting across the map non-stop, gunning anyone who gets infront of them down. This is annoying. Please fix this.

2. Battery Spawns

Right now Battery is a giant baserape fest. Why not make it like this, Each team spawn location is a Red Zone. If the opposing team enters the other team's spawn, they die instantly due to it being a Red Zone. Same for the other thing. Also, enemies cannot shoot people in the Red Zone, and people in the redzone cant shoot them. Or, you could have Roaming Spawn Locations, That would work also.
Radcrab123

08.02.2015, 12:00

Radcrab123:1. Add a Stamina to the game, and if there already is one, FIX IT.
I Have seen people Olympic sprinting across the map non-stop, gunning anyone who gets infront of them down. This is annoying. Please fix this.

There's already the stamina, haven't you noticed the bar. There's nothing to fix, because nothing is broken.
Omid

19.02.2015, 19:48

battery mode:

a. the version where batteries spawn randomly around the map - based too much on luck.
b. the version where batteries spawn at specific charger locations - the best version of this mode. you have a very clear objective "secure east charger" and generally the better, the team that holds and coordinates better wins.

in general, in some maps the battery storages are WAY TOO CLOSE to the spawns, and that makes for REALLY stale endings in most matches, even if smokes are used.

TDM mode:

boring, boring, boring. win is decided by which team has more afks, feeders, or which team has more plebs who stay in the spawn and play like pussies with a carbine/sniper (that results in their team being spawn camped).
MattHigby

19.02.2015, 20:42

The current game experience is just terrible and all my friends stopped playing it, because nothing is made to reduce the spawn camping.

Now all regular playing learned the levels and know where and how to spawn camp, it's happening in practically all games, all maps.

Until level designers actually get to work on these issues and programmers set up strong measures against spawn camping, thousands of new players will leave the game once they've been spawn camped (or haven't seen a single enemy because their team is spawn camping) for the 5th game in a row.

The gameplay delivered by spawn camping is just terribly inferior: the same generic 2 buildings wih 3 doors to fight over. The same grenade spam and camp. Forget about the artifacts, the level design, the anomalies - the game becomes just about 2 basic hangars and camping. Nobody's gonna pay for that: any highschool student can make 2 hangars and AKs in Unity in under a month.

I'm not even sure Vostok Games care about that problem - they haven't made any effort to fix it, they never seem to talk about it. It's sad to know Survarium will probably make mediocre profits because of this :/
RadiumRaccoon

19.02.2015, 21:34

RadiumRaccoon:
I'm not even sure Vostok Games care about that problem - they haven't made any effort to fix it, they never seem to talk about it. It's sad to know Survarium will probably make mediocre profits because of this :/

Unfortunately, we don't know what is happening behind the curtains, so it is hard to say if they have a solution ready, but I'm sure they know about it.

Davik_Heragon

20.02.2015, 01:40

RadiumRaccoon:The current game experience is just terrible and all my friends stopped playing it, because nothing is made to reduce the spawn camping.

Now all regular playing learned the levels and know where and how to spawn camp, it's happening in practically all games, all maps.

Until level designers actually get to work on these issues and programmers set up strong measures against spawn camping, thousands of new players will leave the game once they've been spawn camped (or haven't seen a single enemy because their team is spawn camping) for the 5th game in a row.

The gameplay delivered by spawn camping is just terribly inferior: the same generic 2 buildings wih 3 doors to fight over. The same grenade spam and camp. Forget about the artifacts, the level design, the anomalies - the game becomes just about 2 basic hangars and camping. Nobody's gonna pay for that: any highschool student can make 2 hangars and AKs in Unity in under a month.

+1

tldr:

most pvp matches (even battery mode) end up as a boring/frustrating SPAWN CAMP.

VG please work on level design / code based or rule based solution to seriously deal with this.

it is game breaking, and people are rage quitting in bunches, or will, if it persists and the game is launched tomorrow.
Last edited by MattHigby on 20.02.2015, 01:42, edited 4 times in total.
MattHigby

20.02.2015, 02:32

That's true. You see spawncamping or spawnkillers in every game and it's rly annoying.

Pls devs, make some rules.
MeteorBullet

30.04.2015, 21:17

MeteorBullet:That's true. You see spawncamping or spawnkillers in every game and it's rly annoying.

Pls devs, make some rules.
Given I'm only level 12 but I haven't had any issues dealing with spawn campers. Every map I played they were fairly predictable and went to one of a couple of different places and we're easily dealt with.

When an entire team pushes up on your spawn, but not exactly in it, I find it even easier. Punching a hole through a far side of the map then going in behind top gently melee all foes to death is a lot of fun.

This always happens in every fps with tdm. Due to the nature of the firearms in this game it is quite manageable. Survarium seems to be a slow paced game in which positioning is superior to raw aim. So finding a good area to hold is benificial and does lead to camping. Campers are really easy to deal with as well as knowing someone's location makes them a sitting duck. After 2 games I figured out after my initial spawn holding shift out of spawn was not a good strategy. A shotgun around a corner of my base taught me this valuable lesson. You absolutely have to check spots in this game. Prefiring common spots is also heavily benificial.

TL:DR Check spawns. Do not assume an area is safe, check it. Sprint is for advancing on a new position in which you may be fired upon. Sprint isn't just to get back to the center of the fight.

RoHbotik

03.05.2015, 14:56

Thank you for a good ide of a game and alot of fun, I have some suggestion to make it even better for them out there.

I like to suggest the following

- Squade size increased to 5 I like to play with more of my friends.
- restriction that L1-5 is bound L6-10 is bound, these 2 diffrent lobby cant ever be matched.
- Entering enemie spawn will start a healt loss like the one when u grab a artifact. Gives a corned team a fighting chance to build up a number and break out of sieged spawn.
- Make leuges for diffrent levels L1-4 L5-7 L8-10.

This is to make the game more competetive and inspire a sense of fair fights. Adding these changes will in my opinion save alot of ppl who leave the game becous they get "outclassed by hige level geered". The simple frustration of getting spawnkilled makes one just close the game and go do something else.
Grimbjorn

05.05.2015, 17:27

RoHbotik:I haven't had any issues dealing with spawn campers.

Same here

Grimbjorn:
- Squad size increased to 5 I like to play with more of my friends.
- restriction that L1-5 is bound L6-10 is bound, these 2 different lobby cant ever be matched.

The larger the squad the more impact coordination can have on the match. Lone players could find themselves constantly outmaneuvered.
I am strongly against the 1->5 6->10 split.

Gergow44

05.05.2015, 19:39

Gergow44:
Same here

The larger the squad the more impact coordination can have on the match. Lone players could find themselves constantly outmaneuvered.
I am strongly against the 1->5 6->10 split.

I was reading the RU forum last night, and there was another thread that said the game was far more stable and better performance with 5v5 over the 8v8. We had some testers say the same thing during PTS.

Vostok Games ought to consider 5v5 again to see how it works. So far it feels like it would benefit the entire game in practice with better performance, faster matchmaking, potentially better matchmaking (larger pool), and easier network syncs due to less action, and more too.
chicken_feet

07.05.2015, 14:36

Gergow44:The larger the squad the more impact coordination can have on the match. Lone players could find themselves constantly outmaneuvered.

Well thats teamwork for you. Todays gaming is all about team and playing with friends sologames sure may be flashy and cool but most ppl dont even finish them.

and I dont get way you would be against making teams even by splitting the lobbys?
Grimbjorn

05.09.2015, 10:34

H3llSp4wn:Please, come back TDM like before! Randow spawns. I don't want a TDM Baseraper mode

+
RiotOfDoom
Survivor

02.12.2015, 22:01

Angry Lil Elf Too:TDM is just a complete mess and in general a bad gametype. 90% of the matches turn into one sided spawn raping camp fests that are no fun to play. players quit leaving a team short handed and who can blame them.

TDM needs to be replaced with more "objective based" gametypes that support the survival / teamplay theme. Otherwise you will see the PVP portion of the game become the new Call of Duty.

I hope the devs actually go play some TDM. It gets ugly, silly and boring pretty fast at times.

+1 here, same with the Shinenryu's idea of reverse spawn.
Another idea could be giving a player with 2 or 3 deaths within one minute in his own base (+ some 20 meter radius) longer time of being invulnerable - like a minute or so.
66ppt99

02.12.2015, 22:04

mr skeltal, I strongly support 5v5 over even 7v7, anything above is an outright massacre. I don't get why STALKER-based thing , something with an atmosphere, an idea, a story etc. turned into a Counter Strike / CoD / BF - WHY??? There could be numerous options to reduce the pace of the game, one of them - it's story core - The Forest. More anomalies, just plainly a lot more hazardous areas (blocking the view, too!) not allowing sniping the map through, nor running like Speedie Gonzalez or that Road Runner bird. I always wondered - why spending so much time and effort on map making to only have some 10% of it never ever visited at all, 40-60% being occupied all the time and the rest being occasionally - randomly, if I may - ran through? Because the maps in Survarium ARE good. Detailed, interesting and stuff. But there's no time at all to enjoy all that beauty when the minute you spent to look around is the minute that made 1 or 2 of the enemies camp at your spawn - bam-bam! - u're dead, the game is ruined.

I'd really repeat the idea of matching players by their average score per match, not only the tier of their gear. It seems a few filters could do the trick - number of players per team, maps preferred and average score of the players. The current gear level and game mode seem to do poor job in terms of balance.
66ppt99

09.06.2016, 06:53

why not make a zone that around 4 km2? 9 km2? then put 10-30 player in it, give each of them a radar that will scan other player position in the zone for... maybe 15 minutes, and let us kill each other.

ba51th

09.06.2016, 06:56

ba51th:why not make a zone that around 4 km2? 9 km2? then put 10-30 player in it, give each of them a radar that will scan other player position in the zone for... maybe 15 minutes, and let us kill each other.

Because the engine can't handle that. The engine is already struggling with small maps such as Fort.
str0lek

09.06.2016, 07:00

so... there will be no free roam / open world feature?

ba51th

09.06.2016, 07:16

ba51th:so... there will be no free roam / open world feature?

"Those indicators are not yet sufficient to keep the development pace as high as we would like it to be. As of today we have a small team of developers working on the game. The forces we have right now are enough to keep improving the PvP part of Survarium and gradually integrate the PvE components. Yet our resources are absolutely insufficient to deliver the Freeplay mode in the near future.

How is the progress with Freeplay thus far? As of today we have the concept document ready, the preliminary technical tests and evaluations have been made, art concepts of monsters have been done. However, let’s be frank, this is not the state to demonstrate the game publicly and post regular news updates on it. As already mentioned, the main reason is that at the moment we have no resources available to boost the team considerably, so that we could simultaneously develop Freeplay and properly support the development of PvP. We are hoping the positive dynamics and general increase in the number of players following the recent updates 0.40 and 0.41 will allow us to gradually expand the team and speed up the development."

Source: viewtopic.php?p=248093#p248093

So yeah, imo, we won't see freeplay this year, IF ever. This is my opinion (don't ban me for expressing my opinion, VG).
Last edited by str0lek on 09.06.2016, 07:21, edited 1 time in total.
str0lek

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to Ideas and Proposals