OBT Feedback - PvP

Do you have an idea that could improve Survarium? Let us know here.

05.01.2015, 12:41

Please use this topic for suggesting ideas you have for the Teamplay mode in the Survarium Closed Beta Test. This includes improvements to the currently available maps used in this mode.

Before you post, make sure to check the topic or use the search bar in the top right to see if your idea hasn't already been suggested.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

05.01.2015, 20:29

Put back to Team Deathmatch random spawns! Now spawn-killers have their hobby again, not only in Battery mode!
Stalker_Fan1

06.01.2015, 00:50

Please, come back TDM like before! Randow spawns. I don't want a TDM Baseraper mode
H3llSp4wn

07.01.2015, 16:47

TDM is just a complete mess and in general a bad gametype. 90% of the matches turn into one sided spawn raping camp fests that are no fun to play. players quit leaving a team short handed and who can blame them.

TDM needs to be replaced with more "objective based" gametypes that support the survival / teamplay theme. Otherwise you will see the PVP portion of the game become the new Call of Duty.

I hope the devs actually go play some TDM. It gets ugly, silly and boring pretty fast at times.
Angry Lil Elf Too

10.01.2015, 15:30

I don't mind about TDM, but I saw some maps are edited when playing TDM, like Tarakanovsky Fort, where there's a ramp in one spawn, allowing ennemies to come and base rape people. I know you can climb in the ruin's spawn without it, but it wasn't this easy ...

Some maps are really interesting in TDM, but some others are unbalanced; either too small or allowing base rape by one team. I think mostly about Tarakanovsky Fort, but also Chemical Plant and Rudnya. These map have spots allowing players to base rape almost safely (Rudnya, on the roof of the hangar, there's a breach allowing us to shoot down people just coming out of their spawn).

To solve the problem, it should be possible to reverse spawn.
Let's set an example, where team A is base raped by a team B. If every players in team B (or almost, like 6/8) are very close to the Team A's spawn (spawn camp context), then team's spawns are reversed automatically, and Team A spawn to Team B's location, and vice versa. I don't know if I made myslef clear, but I do believe this would be the best solution in term of work; since designing new map would take tons of time.
Alsen
Survivor

10.01.2015, 21:43

Shinenryu:
To solve the problem, it should be possible to reverse spawn.
Let's set an example, where team A is base raped by a team B. If every players in team B (or almost, like 6/8) are very close to the Team A's spawn (spawn camp context), then team's spawns are reversed automatically, and Team A spawn to Team B's location, and vice versa. I don't know if I made myslef clear, but I do believe this would be the best solution in term of work; since designing new map would take tons of time.

Easiest way to eliminate spawn raping is putting back random spawns how it was before!!!
Last edited by Stalker_Fan1 on 10.01.2015, 21:43, edited 1 time in total.
Stalker_Fan1

11.01.2015, 11:53

Stalker_Fan1:

Easiest way to eliminate spawn raping is putting back random spawns how it was before!!!

Yes, but I'm not fond of random spawns; by spawning like that, fightings are quite chaotic, there's no real face to face within teams, and it's too much like a call of duty TDM. randomness everywhere and no teamplay at all. By spawning in the same spot, you can organise things when in premade; but if you spawn randomly, it's harder to play together, but it's just my opinion.
Alsen
Survivor

11.01.2015, 11:57

Shinenryu:

Yes, but I'm not fond of random spawns; by spawning like that, fightings are quite chaotic, there's no real face to face within teams, and it's too much like a call of duty TDM. randomness everywhere and no teamplay at all. By spawning in the same spot, you can organise things when in premade; but if you spawn randomly, it's harder to play together, but it's just my opinion.

Yes Random spawns is pretty hard, even at just Deathmatch, if you would do that, you have to put a trigger in, wich won't spawn you at a specific spot if there is already someone, because this spawning right behind or in front is so - bah i hate it!
VisMOwnZ

11.01.2015, 12:21

VisMxOwZ:
Yes Random spawns is pretty hard, even at just Deathmatch, if you would do that, you have to put a trigger in, wich won't spawn you at a specific spot if there is already someone, because this spawning right behind or in front is so - bah i hate it!

Well, the spawning was a bit different, but I'm not certain if I am allowed to say how it was.
Anyhow, the weird thing was that TDM was, when it was introduced, more team orientated than Battery Mode. Weird eh?

Davik_Heragon

11.01.2015, 12:25

Davik_Heragon:
Well, the spawning was a bit different, but I'm not certain if I am allowed to say how it was.
Anyhow, the weird thing was that TDM was, when it was introduced, more team orientated than Battery Mode. Weird eh?

Well i always like teamplay and teamoriented things. But - i don't feel like there is any Teamplay (without premade) maybe because of lack of communication and feel for Gamesense, so it often ends in a session 50% camping 50% rushing, then it's just luckbase who will win. :D
VisMOwnZ

11.01.2015, 12:29

Davik_Heragon:TDM was, when it was introduced, more team orientated than Battery Mode. Weird eh?

It's not weird. TDM is all about killing the enemy team.
Battery mode is all about finding batteries and bringing it back to your container. People in battery mode don't care about winning or losing, they only care for their own interest.

It's not the modes that dictate which one is team oriented or not (in this case), but the actions of the players.
Last edited by str0lek on 11.01.2015, 12:34, edited 1 time in total.
str0lek

11.01.2015, 12:37

TheRedKing:
It's not weird. TDM is all about killing the enemy team.
Battery mode is all about finding batteries and bringing it back to your container. People in battery mode don't care about winning or losing, they only care for their own interest.

It's not the modes that dictate which one is team oriented or not (in this case), but the actions of the players.

True, I haven't looked at it like that before, so that makes sense. I was actually pointing more towards something else that forced the teamplay a bit, but I'm not certain if I am allowed to explain it. Can you clarify that please?
Last edited by Davik_Heragon on 11.01.2015, 12:39, edited 1 time in total.

Davik_Heragon

11.01.2015, 12:42

Davik_Heragon:Can you clarify that please?

You're allowed as far as I can tell. If you aren't, I'll take full responsibility.
str0lek

11.01.2015, 12:46

Okay, you can delete it if it is against it TRK no problem with that. I don't want someone to take the responsibility because I did something.

Let's say we have a random spawning system yes? Well completely random is an utter mess and won't work in any way. Now let's add a system with it that you spawn in a certain area near your team. While you and your team move around the area, the spawning system follows you. Basically, if you and your team stay together and try to team up you have a bigger chance of avoiding the random mess and also a bigger chance to win the game. The more you stay together, the bigger the chance is that the spawning area won't be too big and spread out ove the map.
Last edited by Davik_Heragon on 11.01.2015, 12:47, edited 1 time in total.

Davik_Heragon

11.01.2015, 12:51

Davik that would kinda work straight into the hands of spawn campers though. When you finally kill one of em theyll be right back where you killed him rather than the other side of the map.

I think a red zone would be best, combined with a few extra walls here and there so you create a natural chokepoint for the opposing team will make it a good solution
Gunneh

11.01.2015, 12:58

Gunneh:Davik that would kinda work straight into the hands of spawn campers though. When you finally kill one of em theyll be right back where you killed him rather than the other side of the map.

I think a red zone would be best, combined with a few extra walls here and there so you create a natural chokepoint for the opposing team will make it a good solution

Yes, but don't forget the spawn isn't at one sturdy place. If the other team gets seperated, the spawn will move with them, so staying at one place all the time isn't going to help if the other team moves their spawn aswell. Getting seperated can happen pretty easy if even a few players move a bit too far. It's not the best and would still require some fixes I have to say that, but it forces a team to play a bit more together.

Anyways, could you elaborate your system a bit more? I am curious as to what you exactly mean and how it could be a solution to decrease spawncamping. :)
Last edited by Davik_Heragon on 11.01.2015, 13:00, edited 2 times in total.

Davik_Heragon

11.01.2015, 20:17

The area surrounding the spawns would be a redzone and anyone from the opposing team would die instantly or very fast if theyre in that zone.
Gunneh

12.01.2015, 14:59

Gunneh:The area surrounding the spawns would be a redzone and anyone from the opposing team would die instantly or very fast if theyre in that zone.

Or, when your allies are in the red zone, enemy team can not kill them from far and can not go there, and your team can not shoot them too.
Stalker_Fan1

15.01.2015, 09:58

Davik_Heragon:
Yes, but don't forget the spawn isn't at one sturdy place. If the other team gets seperated, the spawn will move with them, so staying at one place all the time isn't going to help if the other team moves their spawn aswell. Getting seperated can happen pretty easy if even a few players move a bit too far. It's not the best and would still require some fixes I have to say that, but it forces a team to play a bit more together.

This is exactly how TDM was launched with, and it was very welcomed by testers. Then Vostok Games removed the roaming team spawns and instead had everyone spawn in battery-mode base the entire match, turning the mode into a spawnrape feeding trough.

I also want original TDM spawns back. The mode is a bore and full of AFK now.
Last edited by chicken_feet on 15.01.2015, 09:59, edited 1 time in total.
chicken_feet

06.02.2015, 14:53

Cochise:TDM is just a complete mess and in general a bad gametype. 90% of the matches turn into one sided spawn raping camp fests that are no fun to play. players quit leaving a team short handed and who can blame them.

TDM needs to be replaced with more "objective based" gametypes that support the survival / teamplay theme. Otherwise you will see the PVP portion of the game become the new Call of Duty.

I hope the devs actually go play some TDM. It gets ugly, silly and boring pretty fast at times.

+1

Together with that design of some of the spawns on some maps is not balanced.

This is Duty:
...Battery mode is all about finding batteries and bringing it back to your container. People in battery mode don't care about winning or losing, they only care for their own interest...

Cannot agree with this. Being playing alot of games Battery mod is the most TEAM oriented thingie I see online since Battlefield 2. Most of the players who I saw till I play it are teammates who play for the team and for the goal to bring batteries.

TDM on every game in the last 10 years (and bit before that) is not TEAM oriented mod. Its place where loners play (public ones) and show how long are their...

The thing that is pain in the...for SURVARIUM Batery mod if you ask me are small little missions in thetop right corner.

-kill X enemyes and have kil streak of MUST HAVE NOT place in Battery mod.

When I ask someone why he did even not try to get battery wich is front of him, he replay that hunt some mission like this. How you want to have TEAM game, when give personal tasks to people who are different to the main goal!?

I know what I speak cause all kind of badges, stars and virtual "scrap metal" ruined the BF series. On the end noone cared about this do the team win or loose, but do he get his star...

[b]Rework missions. Make purly combat missions to be achieved in TDM matches and tasks connected to the teamplay of the battery mod to be for the battery mod. Make missions to appear to the current mod only. Make them not 24 hours stayng but generated random for every round, and its type to be for the current mod. If you get it ok - if not new task next round.[/b]

I played and i see people who 10 times in row (10 rounds...) try to reach some mission and on this way they fail the whole team. If 5 guys have to make kilstreak of 5 - they step on snipers and thats are 5 guys less for the team and for the team goals. Cause they are bussy... xD I hate myself cause last night I was almost on way to do the same. But whats the point to make my mission when i fail whole team being almost AFK hunting some mission?

Then you will se the true team power of Batteries. :) This is really the most team oriented, original and unique mod that i saw since years and cannot accept someone to tell that decent and usless in any team aspect TDM is "team mod"...

Gunneh:The area surrounding the spawns would be a redzone and anyone from the opposing team would die instantly or very fast if theyre in that zone.

Sounds great! Then we can sit under the coverage of this red zone, to smoke and snipe and only two-three guys from the team will try to break trough. xD Great make it like this and we all will start to polish our snipers and to find more comfortable chairs... xD
Last edited by StNickBG on 06.02.2015, 15:18, edited 4 times in total.
StNickBG

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to Ideas and Proposals