OBT Feedback - Suggestions/Balancing

Do you have an idea that could improve Survarium? Let us know here.

21.05.2015, 17:06

Good idea ! :D
Beretta M9. <3
Kegeloco

27.05.2015, 02:36

is it me or the Benallie M1014 is OP now after the latest update?
PLDRC117

28.05.2015, 13:43

I am here to suggest 2 things: firstly: distribute players with the same rank evenly in the teams in unranked matches and second:
When I am searching as lvl4-equipguy from 2-6 and a tier10-guy searches from 3-10, then he should not be placed in the same match as me since he is above tier6 which is my seatching criteria. Right now there is a flaw in your MM-mechanic that matches you as any of the "searched" tiers and not as your tier with the levels you are searching in.

Thats why I right now restart the MM many times just because I dont like ending up against highlevels time and time again as tier4.

PLDRC117:is it me or the Benallie M1014 is OP now after the latest update?

This gun is incredibly strong, yes. but semi-auto-shotguns are quite strong anyways in low ranks (dont know about high ranks :D)

The L1ne

30.05.2015, 09:04

What about a heavy rain weather ? :)
I mean a really heavy one, not the peaceful rain we got already in the game (which is also good, of course).
Or maybe dynamic weather ?
Last edited by Kegeloco on 30.05.2015, 09:31, edited 1 time in total.
Kegeloco

07.07.2015, 00:55

You should insert the crouch and stand animation on the figure above the health bar, just like in, well, every fps game. Tiny detail I know, but it would be useful
T-T

18.08.2015, 23:38

Hello, I just started playing Survarium a few days ago and I like the game so far!

I noticed that you can choose between different ammo types on some guns.
However, it seems that using an armor piercing variation is never worth it.

According to https://eu.survarium.com/eu-en/news/wea ... hanges-029 the effective weapon damage is calculated as follows:
EffectiveDamage = WeaponDamage * (1 - (OpponentArmor - ArmorPenetration) / 100)

Here's the effective damages for the ammo types of Remington870, Uzi and PP-91 Kedr in a graph:
http://i.imgur.com/2v13eY7.png

Remington870: Slug deals most damage only when opponent armor is above 97.
Uzi: 7N21 deals most damage only when opponent armor is above 71.
Kedr: PBM deals most damage only when opponent armor is above 83.

So what does this mean in practice?
Currently players should never use ammunition that sacrifices damage for armor penetration, because regular ammo will deal more damage even against some of the best armors in the game.

I think the armor piercing ammo variants could be balanced by increasing their armor penetration values to around 50.
That would keep regular ammo as better choice against opposition with less than 50 armor, while making the armor piercing variant better against more heavily armored opposition.

...Or did I just completely misunderstand how the whole armor system works?
Kitaros

02.10.2015, 09:01

I cannot seem to be able post a separated topic for this, its still a suggestion so I believe it's in the correct place.

So currently the game seems to be suffering of low population. When I fist played this game a year ago my PC couldn't handle it even if its a decent pc, I gave it some time and came back a week ago, I'm just loving the game but there is not enough people to play at a normal fps rhythm.

I'm talking about the matchmaking, it is taking a long of time to find a match, and I observed a lot of new people being turn away by this, every single day I see new people on the chat complaining about the matchmaking and then leaving the game. so the game keeps suffering losses of players and potential incoming players.

To get to the point I believe that matchmaking should be changed instead of filling a match with 8v8 before it even starts, it should start with a lower number like 4v4 and then let people pour into that match one by one on both teams, so like open matches. This would make matchmaking much quicker for everybody. We will be always able to find a match in no time if we are just put into a match that has already started. I have seen this on several MMOFPS before and it seems to work like a charm for matchmaking, the system currently implemented is not just being clunky but it is turning people away which is sad for such well made fps. This is desperately needed at the moment and I please ask you to implement it or something similar to help fix the matchmaking.
Last edited by V-Nero on 03.10.2015, 05:04, edited 1 time in total.
V-Nero

31.10.2015, 14:05

Lucifer Wez:The faction missions should focus on supporting team play rather than individual goals. A lot of the missions are doing this already such as the "bring batteries" etc. but some of them are supporting the contrary, such as gaining a high accuracy level. Gaining a high accuracy level disregards the fact that using supressive fire to aid your team mates is often vital. Another example is getting a melee kill, which might encourage players to focus a match totally on getting such a kill or several. These are just 2 examples.

Don't want to sound too negative so I just want to say this is a great and really promising game, and that's why I take my time to give feedback!

Keep up the good work guys!
Buenos días, quisiera aportar algunas ideas que podrían mejorar el juego y sus ingresos para el desarrollo.

1) añadir un servidor para Latino América dispuesto en Brazil ayudara a mejorar la conexión y solucionar el pin alto.

2) Mejorar la estabilidad del juego en cuanto a la configuración gráfica, pulir mas y obtener mejor rendimiento.

3) añadir Drone como: sentry drone, ametralladora con trípode sensor automatico. seria factible para el juego ?

4) modo de juego nuevo: cazar al líder de la facción, para cada partida en este caso seria el jugador con mas rango o mas avanzado en el juego, y una bonificación por matarlo.

Good morning, I would like to contribute some ideas that might improve the game and their revenue for development.

1) Add a server to Latin America provisions in Brazil will help to improve the connection and solve the pin high.

2) Improve the stability of the game in terms of graphical settings, polishing more and better performance.

3) Add Drone as: sentry drone, machine gun tripod with automatic sensor. It would be feasible for the game?

4) New game mode - hunt the leader of the faction, for each item in this case would be the player with the most range or more advanced in the game, and a bonus to kill him.
Last edited by Davik_Heragon on 01.11.2015, 14:50, edited 2 times in total.
JackProVenezuelan

31.10.2015, 14:08

Do you english?
-Sikzo-

31.10.2015, 14:12

-Sikzo-:Do you english?
Spanish.
JackProVenezuelan

01.11.2015, 14:52

JackProVenezuelan:

Good morning, I would like to contribute some ideas that might improve the game and their revenue for development.

1) Add a server to Latin America provisions in Brazil will help to improve the connection and solve the pin high.

2) Improve the stability of the game in terms of graphical settings, polishing more and better performance.

3) Add Drone as: sentry drone, machine gun tripod with automatic sensor. It would be feasible for the game?

4) New game mode - hunt the leader of the faction, for each item in this case would be the player with the most range or more advanced in the game, and a bonus to kill him.

The stability/optimization of the game is being worked on. VG is creating a new renderer from scratch which should hopefully improve the overall performance.

More servers are planned, but it will take some time before we have more servers available in different continents.

Davik_Heragon

27.01.2016, 17:16

I'm already spamming with this in hope someone may read it one day...

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9629
Diegtiarov

28.02.2016, 12:48

here is a youtube video worth seeing , i made this so feel free to answer int heyt comment section

https://youtu.be/AmevsYINaHU
BEHEADINGS

14.03.2016, 00:19

Greetings
I'd like to share some thoughts about balancing. I play online games since counter-strike 1.3, and i think i got plenty of experience how game balancing works and so on. I also was on multiple mod-teams and developed some mods...so it's not just a "flame" post.

First of all: Dear developers, you have to make a decision. The core of this game actually is a pretty high-skillcap. The core of this game encourages players to play slowly with patience and strategy. There is plenty of covers and other vision denying stuff (like high grass), and if you would add some stuff that actually would punish bulletspammers, this game really could become a new high-level competitive game! There are a LOT high-level and oldschool gamers which are frustrated because there just is no "anti noob-friendly" game anymore. And your game really has a huge potential to welcome all those gamers!
BUT: To achieve that you have to set the skillcap much much higher as it is right now. Right now it's a spamfeast, and we got this in almost all shooters that are competitive played nowadays. Even Americas Army is some sort of spamfeast, because of what it almost died during beta. Same goes to Tribes series that died because of exact this very reason! (ye there were other mistakes in Tribes:Ascend like too small maps and too slow movement, but the bulletspamming still was the biggest issue)
The decision: What do you dev's want? Do you want to create another low-skillcap game? Or do you want to welcome those players that just doesn't fit anymore in any games (again, there are PLENTY of us!). I almost could promise you, so if you go for the first, your game won't be a great success in competitive because there are just way too much of those kind of games, and they will always be made by other dev's too. So basically your decision is somewhat of: Do we wanna do what all dev's do, or do we wanna create a unique game? I know in theory it may be good looking to have some sort of high skill requirements while also pleasing lowskilled players, but THIS DOESN'T WORK! Go for one thing and stick with that, else your game ends up being a mess. A mess consisting of a little bit from everything, but nothing in particular.

Just in case you consider (just considering) the latter, high-skillcap version, here are some suggestions to achieve this:
- Drastically (!!) increase the recoil of almost all weapons. This forces the players to take precisely aim instead of "my crosshair is close to his body, so just spam him to death".
- Increase the weapon-sway of all scopes. I know many people will hate me to write this, but they just never played old games like first installment of Call of Duty, first Americas Army and so on and so on. Increasing the weapon sway would give some sense to the perk of reducing the sway together with breath holding while scoped, because the latter is pretty much pointless in this game because the sway is so ridiculous small.
- Remove red-dot vision on most weapons, especially shotgun and pistols. Yes it's very comforting to have a centerdot instead of iron sight, but again, you force people to bulletspam and not aiming accurate if you try to comfort every single noob. Even worse, because bulletspam is a very common thing in almost all shooters, the new generation of players will stay noobish the rest of their life if there is not a single game that forces them to aim properly. It's a doom-loop that began about 10+years ago as online gaming became way too popular. There are plenty of "gamers" that cry because games are too difficult, and because dev's try to get as much money as possible, the overall skillcap drops and drops over the years. The very first developer that did this, afaik, was Valve as they bought Counter-Strike 1.5 and released Counter-Strike 1.6 with steam. More than 80% of the pro players leaved cs due to this. I mean, just watch the "pro"players from nowaday..they can't even move the crosshair perfect horizontally, almost all of those so called "pro" players get a diagonal crosshairmovement if they try to aim to the left or right..isn't that horrible *giggle* :-)
- At the end of a match, there is "repair cost". Remove this and add an ammunition-payment (the more ammo you use, the more you gotta pay, would fit in a post-apocalyptic environment too). I honestly would like to have this kind of payment, but it'd be pretty hard to balance. Different ammunition type cost different, and because a sniper usually should never use the same amount of ammo like someone with an assault rifle, it really isn't that simple.
- Remove x3 and higher scopes on all non-boltaction rifles. A semiautomatic, or even fullautomatic weapon shouldn't have a big magnifier, if at all. It ruins the point of sniping as well as aiming accurate, even if the recoil would be much bigger. There has to be a more distinct difference between one shot one kill and multiple shots to kill someone, and it also would make game balancing a whole lot easier for you devs!
- Add "leaning". If we could lean around a corner, the game automatically would get a little slower, because rushers can't just spam you to death anymore (except with luck of course). But leaning would be pretty pointless in the current state of the game, because it's far too easy to spray and pray. So only implementing this feature wouldn't help at all i think. On the other hand, if you would drastically increase the skillcap, leaning would be far too powerful in this game. A matter of balance..

Sincerely
Semuferum.ch

Disclaimer: No1: I do not care if someone says "but it's more realistic with this or that" because 2 simple things. First: A game always always first has to be balanced before considering realism, and second: If we would live in a post-apocalyptic world, would you spam 30 bullets to kill one guy? I really doubt this, because ammunition is far too precious! Not to mention so you literally have to be hulk/rambo to be able to spam a whole magazine in one burst while having some sort of accuracy and like no recoil effect. Regular guys already have to be teased in the recoil of a weapon with a single shot...but 10 shots/second (600 shots/minute) really is hardcore in real-life!
No2: I know this game is going to be open-world at some point, and i know some stuff has to be considered due to this fact. But i can't consider this that much, because i don't know what you're planning for the future and how the open-world and everything is planned to be then.
No3: Again this is no flame-post about "too much noskillers" or anything similar. I only make some suggestions and try to give some hints. Either this game is going to require much more skill as it does right now and i will play it, or it won't and i won't play it. It's that simple and i'm fine if i won't be playing this game in the future, that's no world collapse to me :-)
Last edited by Semuferum on 14.03.2016, 00:19, edited 1 time in total.

Semuferum

28.03.2016, 18:16

I have a suggestion.

One thing that has been bothering me a lot is the respawn time. I mostly play team deathmatch, and although the game is not really fast-paced, i think the respawn time is ridiculous. I think you should be able to skip the killcam, and not have any respawn time after it.

Unicorn_Noob

24.04.2016, 09:07

Steadying breath and pain redouts

Have seen it a hundred times: some guy advances at a run some ten meters, than aims standing and fires instantly a headshot from 30 meters with a SMG/rifle.
Could you introduce a gun woble while exerting yourself and diminishing while standing still? I'm guessing a 5 degree random direction for heavy breathing, added to whatever random spread the weapon has. I think it's realistic to assume for precision firing you need at least a deep breath in and on the end of breath out you get that stability you need. Also, this should end that annoying instant "seen something at range, aim, boom". A moving cursor might be nice, with dinamic brackets.

The second ideea, pain redouts: let's assume I just got shot, a damn painful thing, i'd expect to loose my aim, stumble, while a red blur distorts my vision. I don't see me continuing to dish out bullets at no penalty like the terminator.
According to the severity of the wound or at low health, the pain redout and aiming wobble get worse (say you got 3 pistol bullets in you, you're in shock, barely can move or lift the injured arm). Plus each shot means a jolt, more pain, the bigger the weapon caliber the more pain. Too much pain and you faint (something similar to the death screen, only temporary).
bordmail

30.04.2016, 15:44

I'd prefer some realism in the player movements and performance. Such as:

Stamina influencing accuracy. At zero stamina you can't run, which in the real world would have you panting for air (I wouldn't see me taking aim within 1 degree to hit someone at 20m in that condition). So, at low stamina or just after a run, your aiming (hip or shoulder) would be all over the place, severely worse than when rested. Over a few breaths it calms down to normal.

Shouldering the weapon takes some time, also aiming. It's not instant, it's not alligned to where you were looking but somewhere in that direction and you have to make corrections.

Firearms training and phisical condition increase should be tangible as you go up the tiers.
A tier 10 would shoulder without having to correct aim and without aiming penalty due to exhaustion until close to zero stamina (aka it's a pro).
At tier 1, conversely, weapon sway even when rested, much weapon sway after exertion, long respite necessary to regain precise aim, shouldering the weapon messes the aim (all the rookie problems in the bootcamp).

As for weapons, I'd make them more distinct:
- instant fire but inacurate and close range (shotgun, pistols)
- somewhat slower to aim but medium range (assault rifles, smg)
- longrange but slow to aim (sniper rifles)

Damage would depend on the bullet mass as well as type of head. An AP pistol round looses energy on impact much faster than a NATO round, for example, and does not penetrate where the other would.
Not sure what the damage formula is being used, I read it's damage x (100 + armor rating - round armor piercing). If that's the case you get damage even if you have an armor that negates the armor piercing quality of the round. In real world, if a pistol round is stopped by a vest (armor = armor piercing), (almost) no damage is taken. You see the discrepancy?

I'd make movements more ponderous, especially those changes of direction when aiming. The screen shows the eye field. You look suddenly 45 degrees up but the gun is not yet aligned in that rough direction, and the crosshair should show that. A soft of delay, influenced also by training, stamina.

I'd allow armor upgrades (more armor front, kevlar or steel inserts) with impact on stamina, run speed and so on.

Finally, I'd add more pistols in each tier. Pistols are common and should not be class related (well, the normal pistols, not the high end ones)

Oh, random time of day? Morning, evening, not only full day. Perhaps even night. Night vision upgrades for the helmet (very STALKER like :D )
Last edited by bordmail on 30.04.2016, 15:50, edited 1 time in total.
bordmail

10.05.2016, 00:14

Hello,

most of you will probably laugh about this post. I play Survarium for 2 or 3 weeks. my stuff is level 4 (not very high i suppose) but i am shocked about shotguns in this game.
Yes, you read it: MY PROBLEM IS SHOTGUNS.
Why should i continue to play a game (as a sniper class) if people can use shotguns with silencers and scope (WHAT THE FUCK). They can 2 shot you at 50 meters with a large cartridge clip and fast shooting. (8 balls in 3 seconds). These shotguns has no sense. really too powerfull... Really too powerfull.

This is, for me, the main default of the game.

A french player

PlayerFromFrance

19.05.2016, 04:44

I'd like to see the return of dismantling items to get spare parts as I find it a bit frustrating to play through a match and then get at best a 2-3/5 chance to get spare parts from a stash. Also I think it'd be cool if gas masks had an overlay of some sort. Perhaps this is a bit premature to ask, but will there be a contest like the monster bowl where users can submit drawings and descriptions of monsters to be included in freeroam? I remember reading that for S.T.A.L.K.E.R, a mutated horse called a Tark was submitted but lost to the snork. One more thing, I'd like it if in freeroam when a character dies he/she can choose 3-5 items from their inventory to keep rather than losing everything.

Koleshnikov

19.05.2016, 05:24

PlayerFromFrance:Hello,

most of you will probably laugh about this post. I play Survarium for 2 or 3 weeks. my stuff is level 4 (not very high i suppose) but i am shocked about shotguns in this game.
Yes, you read it: MY PROBLEM IS SHOTGUNS.
Why should i continue to play a game (as a sniper class) if people can use shotguns with silencers and scope (WHAT THE FUCK). They can 2 shot you at 50 meters with a large cartridge clip and fast shooting. (8 balls in 3 seconds). These shotguns has no sense. really too powerfull... Really too powerfull.

This is, for me, the main default of the game.

A french player

I honestly agree with you there. Realistically, shotguns are devastating weapons but this is a game that's meant to be realistic, not reality. Yeah, make shotgun either far shorter range, less damage, dampen fire rate, increase recoil... Any of those things would be really helpful.

Koleshnikov

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to Ideas and Proposals